[beta6] GT6 Spec II Mod

• Thread starter Nenkai
  • 185 comments
Why did you change the sounds? I want the original ones. This is the only thing that puts me off.
Because the new sounds are more accurate/better. Is there a reason you would prefer the original sounds? I'm not sure if the Base Mod has changed the sounds, you could always create your own mod from that if so.

Don't expect any FPS boost. The only way to get an FPS boost in GT6 is playing at 720p.
Since these are modded consoles, some of us are running an overclock on the RSX chip and VRAM for a decent boost to 1080p frame rate (Project RSX Boost) on newer consoles. Read documentation well, and proceed at your own risk. Not responsible for any damage.

Last edited:
Since these are modded consoles, some of us are running an overclock on the RSX chip and VRAM for a decent boost to 1080p frame rate (Project RSX Boost) on newer consoles. Read documentation well, and proceed at your own risk. Not responsible for any damage.
Yea I've heard about it but I think it's dangerous without an additional cooling solution, I've seen comparisons that show a 10º C increase in temperature and despite the overclock GT6 doesn't reach stable 60fps, the overclock generally gives a 5/10fps boost on average from what I observed for most games.

Why did you change the sounds? I want the original ones. This is the only thing that puts me off.
Same here.. only a few are worth it.. you lose more than you gain.. but the rest is pretty cool.. like the tracks and seasonals.. its part of the deal I guess 😅

Whatta heck? I was just talking about the good, some even great sounds you lose.. not about the bad ones.. these are opinions and personal preferences anyway.. no need to label people, thats borderline name calling and rude...
Sorry if you didnt like or dont agree but there were no ill intentions...

I got a (second) PS3 and JB it this weekend and got the mod going. This is some truly fantastic work fellas, I really appreciate the hard work that went into this. :bowdown:

I did also grab a GIMX adapter and got my Fanatec DD1 dialed in and it feels good, I had to put the in game torque and FB options down to one to lose 95% of the oscillation. But I could get gold at Sarthe for event N-60.

Speaking of Gold, so far the hardest license test for me was the very first one :lol: I missed it by .003 once and I spent probably 30min before I got gold. The rest in the B licenses were 5-10min each. I think they are all pretty much spot on.

I did lose my GT6 game disc tho (I still have the case, lulz). So I'll use my old fatty PS3 (I wiped it ages ago as I thought I was gonna sell it to a friend, so I no longer have gamesaves on there either, boo) to get my game save from PSN and import it into my JB PS3 once the disc arrives.

I can post some of my wheel and GIMX settings if anyone wants, just let me know.

Jerome

How do you install both this and the GT5 master mod onto the same USB drive?
I saw this video and the guy said to make a PDIFPS file on the drive and then put the '9' and 'K' folders inside. Which is fine, except both mods folders are called 9 and K so I cannot put both 9 K mod folders in the same PDIFPS folder.
Can I just rename one of the PDIFPS folders (to avoid them having the same name) in my drive and that will all be ok or is there another solution?

vid in question, basically the only english download tutorial for this mod:

How do you install both this and the GT5 master mod onto the same USB drive?
I saw this video and the guy said to make a PDIFPS file on the drive and then put the '9' and 'K' folders inside. Which is fine, except both mods folders are called 9 and K so I cannot put both 9 K mod folders in the same PDIFPS folder.
Can I just rename one of the PDIFPS folders (to avoid them having the same name) in my drive and that will all be ok or is there another solution?

vid in question, basically the only english download tutorial for this mod:

nvm, missed the part where he has a different folder name for the other mod, ignore me

@mistaron Hi, i have the Spec II Mod 2.0.0b7 installed
What does the GT6 Customization mod do?
Is there a video, or list anywhare?
I can't find any info
Check page 6 of this thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gran-turismo-6-modding-discussion.395137/page-6

I am on the discord, the link for the download and instructions are below but keep in mind that this hasn't been updated in a while and the creator is inactive

You will probably want to download the GT6SIIB7 instead of the GT6SIIB6 because I assume that is the more up-to-date one(?)
You also need to have the Spec II mod by Nenkai for it to work it seems.

I probably won't download this mod myself, so I can't help you beyond this

@mistaron ss i said, i already have installed Spec II Mod 2.0.0b7 so i was just looking for the difference or maybe additions that GT6 Customization mod might provide.
Thanks anyway
Apart from what was mentioned on the thread I linked, apparently every single event from past GTs (and GT Sport) have been edited in into that mod

Apart from what was mentioned on the thread I linked, apparently every single event from past GTs (and GT Sport) have been edited in into that mod
U mean the used cars option?
Not interested on this since i have already a 1500 cars garage with all the cars included in GT6 + vision + anniversary
I also have many extra events installed, not shure if they are everything of past GTs but works ok
Thanks again for clarifying

20230123_050606.jpg

I posted this on the discord, just will pop it here for ease of finding this time as well 😅

GT6 Customization Mod V2
Sup, happy update day!

I have updated the Customisation mod a little bit! The biggest inclusion is events, they nearly all work correctly as well! Woohoo!

This only works with SpecII Beta 7!!!

As per usual, this goes over a Spec II install, and provided you never replaced any of the Spec II files yourselves, can just go straight over your old install of my Customization mod!

Obviously this includes all of the previous features, like a couple of hundred extra paint chips, and manufacturer wheels for all!

Honestly I cannot remember what my original iteration actually contained and I honestly cannot remember all that I've added to it recently! I'll try my best to list it all off!

Most of the GT1 events have been made.
Half of GT5:P events have been made, with the time-trials being a little screwy at the moment.
GT5 events up to the Endurance events have been added, including the cut events. They work as they were made in GT5, so some events have very restrictive AI sets, some only have 5 opponents.
Just under 1/2 of GTSports events have been added as well.
There were a few random additions as well, such as a (close enough) replica of one of the Super GT seasons, I think it was 2008 I used as the base... You can drive the full season as both GT500 & GT300 with a 2 class grid.

Some more paints have been changed with 3 extras!

Mirror Chrome

Holographic Vinyl

Neo Chrome

Link to previews and what cars to buy to get them:

I honestly spent hours and hours trying to get a good looking Holo vinyl, but the way GT's paint system works just will not allow that to happen... However I think that the Neo Chrome turned out looking pretty accurate!

I think I changed a few paint chips secondary colour (for stripes and colourable stickers and whatnot). However which chips they were and what they were changed to I honestly cannot remember. All I do remember is that you can have the colourable stickers show up in the colour of your choice that you assign a paint chip (say bright blue), but for some stupid reason stripes will only show green! I've tested and tested all different combinations... You can make any manner of white, grey, black & green but thats it! I assume that the textures used for all stripes uses a coloured overlay rather than a blank colourable texture for colourable sponsors...

I did also fix a few of the events that were causing crashes! I was selecting Monza (Weather) rather than just Monza for certain events which caused the crash as Monza (Weather) was removed for just Monza in GT6.

I'm sure there was more simple bits and database bits...

I'm sure you'll hear from me again at some point, I'm just never really around discord these days! Hope you all enjoy regardless!

Into the shadows I go again, only to come back in 8 months time I'm sure!

Im asking here because I dont have any other places to ask but, what file inside the mod did you edit to fix the interior view of some cars? I'm trying to
edit the first person view/interior view of a car.

Is there a way to play with rpcs3 , i get it stable with version 1.05
No, it's not stable on any emulation at the moment although it is fairly playable at version 1.05 and earlier albeit with fairly frequent disconnects. As soon as you go to a version newer than that though you'll get screen flickering and more issues with texture rendering and shadows etc. It can still be somewhat playable but i find ot also disconnects far more frequently as well. For now, it's best not to go beyond version 1.05 on RPCS3 IMO. If you can, use a modded PS3.

Last edited:
For me, the sound of a car that is actually good from default doesn't need to be changed, like the Mazda 787B,Civic Type-R FD2,the sound of the two cars is quite realistic and doesn't need to be changed

I posted this on the discord, just will pop it here for ease of finding this time as well 😅

GT6 Customization Mod V2
Sup, happy update day!

I have updated the Customisation mod a little bit! The biggest inclusion is events, they nearly all work correctly as well! Woohoo!

This only works with SpecII Beta 7!!!

As per usual, this goes over a Spec II install, and provided you never replaced any of the Spec II files yourselves, can just go straight over your old install of my Customization mod!

Obviously this includes all of the previous features, like a couple of hundred extra paint chips, and manufacturer wheels for all!

Honestly I cannot remember what my original iteration actually contained and I honestly cannot remember all that I've added to it recently! I'll try my best to list it all off!

Most of the GT1 events have been made.
Half of GT5:P events have been made, with the time-trials being a little screwy at the moment.
GT5 events up to the Endurance events have been added, including the cut events. They work as they were made in GT5, so some events have very restrictive AI sets, some only have 5 opponents.
Just under 1/2 of GTSports events have been added as well.
There were a few random additions as well, such as a (close enough) replica of one of the Super GT seasons, I think it was 2008 I used as the base... You can drive the full season as both GT500 & GT300 with a 2 class grid.

Some more paints have been changed with 3 extras!

Mirror Chrome

Holographic Vinyl

Neo Chrome

Link to previews and what cars to buy to get them:

I honestly spent hours and hours trying to get a good looking Holo vinyl, but the way GT's paint system works just will not allow that to happen... However I think that the Neo Chrome turned out looking pretty accurate!

I think I changed a few paint chips secondary colour (for stripes and colourable stickers and whatnot). However which chips they were and what they were changed to I honestly cannot remember. All I do remember is that you can have the colourable stickers show up in the colour of your choice that you assign a paint chip (say bright blue), but for some stupid reason stripes will only show green! I've tested and tested all different combinations... You can make any manner of white, grey, black & green but thats it! I assume that the textures used for all stripes uses a coloured overlay rather than a blank colourable texture for colourable sponsors...

I did also fix a few of the events that were causing crashes! I was selecting Monza (Weather) rather than just Monza for certain events which caused the crash as Monza (Weather) was removed for just Monza in GT6.

I'm sure there was more simple bits and database bits...

I'm sure you'll hear from me again at some point, I'm just never really around discord these days! Hope you all enjoy regardless!

Into the shadows I go again, only to come back in 8 months time I'm sure!

If I install this and start playing, when you update this mod in the future will it break my save (lets assume Spec II updates wont break the save). Or will I need to start a new save? Is the original GT6 career still intact with all the events and can I progress as normal? Sorry for the questions I'm just worried if I should start investing in a save haha.

Last edited:
If I install this and start playing, when you update this mod in the future will it break my save (lets assume Spec II updates wont break the save). Or will I need to start a new save? Is the original GT6 career still intact with all the events and can I progress as normal? Sorry for the questions I'm just worried if I should start investing in a save haha.
If the mod gets updated and you stick with my Customization Mod then you will be fine to continue a save unless I specifically remove something. However, the chances of me updating are incredibly slim I'm afraid as the way I have made everything possible has since become obsolete and the least efficient way of doing it (such as breaking some of the new AES sounds!).

You should (should!) be fine with most mod updates unless something is removed, then it can cause issues if you used/interacted/completed said removed data. As an example, I'm pretty sure you can start a save on base GT6 1.22 and do some stuff, then install Spec-II and do some stuff, then install my CM and still be fine. There would be a few things that wouldn't work such as larger credit limit, garage limit & maybe debug menu; but it would be stable. However uninstalling after using will almost certainly cause issues with a save.

However something else is in the works, which will probably need a new save. No ETA, and can't give any details I'm afraid.

Back