[beta6] GT6 Spec II Mod

• Thread starter Nenkai
  • 184 comments
I have joined the discord thanks to second link but when i presented myself in #entry channel my message got removed and i wasn't allowed to join the server
Same for me except I am applying to rejoin after 6 months inactivity (I initially joined about 9 months ago)

Edit: Nevermind I got readmitted

Last edited:
Why is it whenever someone says "with all due respect", they really mean "kiss my ass"? -Ash Williams, Mass Effect

The phrase is a joke about Dark Souls, using it unironically is some extra 'internet badass' level stuff lmao.

Of course I did not!

Nobody wants to do licenses, it's a cold hard fact, and the first thing people say in any Gran Turismo review, the idea that this mod decided to increase their times is either a mistake, or some FGC-level of gatekeeping by people who don't see how they look from the outside.

GT fandom is already being relentlessly mocked by the racing community for the boring tests and lack of real consequences for bumping into other cars. It's not realistic and any pretense that it's hardcore simulation is ridiculous! Licenses give series a bad name, they're not the hill you want to die on, really...

It wasn't clear that skips 'licenses,' just 'events'. And yes, it is an issue when someone arbitrarily decides to change the in-game time limits to whatever they want. Just don't touch the preset tests, tweak the actual races instead. Those need more difficulty.

Nobody wants first Driver to have stricter limits in opening garage test where the rest of the game is so much easier, you know. Same here.

You HOPE that the game will be less user friendly? What level of internet wannabe tough guy elitism is that? xD

And I got all licenses in GT1, 2 and 4 years ago. Doesn't make me want to redo that starting and stopping tests crap.

That's... a literal definition of gate-keeping.

Complaining about one of most-sold games of all time being user-friendly is absolute bonkers, do you want Polyphony to go bankrupt? If Gran Turismo wasn't a user-friendly experience, people wouldn't have bought the games so much.

And if you're so deluded that you think redoing licenses in Gran Turismo make you a better driver, you need a reality check. GT isn't even considered a sim! Anyway, I thought fighting games have unbearable elitist communities, figures there are worse ones.

Cause the games are good, I like the arcadish collision physics, car tuning, JDM focus, and sheer amount of content, shame the fans are almost like Star Wars fandom.

Who knew license tests could trigger someone so badly.:D

Last edited:
Why is it whenever someone says "with all due respect", they really mean "kiss my ass"? -Ash Williams, Mass Effect

The phrase is a joke about Dark Souls, using it unironically is some extra 'internet badass' level stuff lmao.

Of course I did not!

Nobody wants to do licenses, it's a cold hard fact, and the first thing people say in any Gran Turismo review, the idea that this mod decided to increase their times is either a mistake, or some FGC-level of gatekeeping by people who don't see how they look from the outside.

GT fandom is already being relentlessly mocked by the racing community for the boring tests and lack of real consequences for bumping into other cars. It's not realistic and any pretense that it's hardcore simulation is ridiculous! Licenses give series a bad name, they're not the hill you want to die on, really...

It wasn't clear that skips 'licenses,' just 'events'. And yes, it is an issue when someone arbitrarily decides to change the in-game time limits to whatever they want. Just don't touch the preset tests, tweak the actual races instead. Those need more difficulty.

Nobody wants first Driver to have stricter limits in opening garage test where the rest of the game is so much easier, you know. Same here.

You HOPE that the game will be less user friendly? What level of internet wannabe tough guy elitism is that? xD

And I got all licenses in GT1, 2 and 4 years ago. Doesn't make me want to redo that starting and stopping tests crap.

That's... a literal definition of gate-keeping.

Complaining about one of most-sold games of all time being user-friendly is absolute bonkers, do you want Polyphony to go bankrupt? If Gran Turismo wasn't a user-friendly experience, people wouldn't have bought the games so much.

And if you're so deluded that you think redoing licenses in Gran Turismo make you a better driver, you need a reality check. GT isn't even considered a sim! Anyway, I thought fighting games have unbearable elitist communities, figures there are worse ones.

Cause the games are good, I like the arcadish collision physics, car tuning, JDM focus, and sheer amount of content, shame the fans are almost like Star Wars fandom.
Internet wannabe though guy elitism lol
Because I want harder game and something that feels rewarding when I do it?
You like difficulty of career mode in GT6 and AI waiting to catch you up? It's no fun, wheel to wheel racing is not existing.. I beat gold licenses and missions on 1 attempt. If that's fun than I'm Internet wannabe though guy elitist. Also you came here to look for this mod which guys put insane amount of time and we got great stuff for both GT5 and GT6 for free and find stuff to argue about.

It's a shame that a thread about a very well received mod delivered by people doing this of their own accord in their free time which takes considerable effort and all for no payment is dcescending into an argument about gatekeeping and projecting personal preferences as the way it should be rather than offering reasonable suggestions and leaving it to the creators of the mod to decide if the idea will gel with thier vison or not.

Some people eh.

Sadly, I haven't been able to use this mod much as my PS3 is broken and GT6 doesn't run well via emulation at the game version the mod requires at this time, but the work is very impressive and very much appreciated by me 🙏.

I am considering buying another PS3, but not sure just yet.

Last edited:
It's a shame that a thread about a very well received mod delivered by people doing this of their own accord in their free time which takes considerable effort and all for no payment is dcescending into an argument about gatekeeping and projecting personal preferences as the way it should be rather than offering reasonable suggestions and leaving it to the creators of the mod to decide if the idea will gel with thier vison or not.

Some people eh.

Sadly, I haven't been able to use this mod much as my PS3 is broken and GT6 doesn't run well via emulation at the game version the mod requires at this time, but the work is very impressive and very much appreciated by me 🙏.

I am considering buying another PS3, but not sure just yet.
It was kind of my point too, but maybe I couldn't express my self very well. Definitely not enough appreciation for creators both on GT5 and GT6. It's ridiculous to me to complain about stuff in the mod.. if you have problem don't install mod or mod it yourself

Many thanks for this mod! Respect to everyone incolved.
Need some help. How can we upgrade the garage to accept 1500 cars? I can't find the way...

I have deleted the old save and started a new game and now Garage is available for 1500 cars.
But Money limit is still on 50.000.000 and not to 5.000.000.000.000.000.000

Last edited:
Hi, anyone having the same problem as me? I can't get the mod to work with my HEN ps3, I watched a tutorial on how to install the mod to no avail, I've tried using the disc and installing GT6 to the HDD, I am on a new save file everytime I try to get the mod to work. I am using beta 7 of the mod, I've also tried using beta 6. I have the EU copy of GT6. I've also tried after pasting the mod files, finding out it didn't work and I tried pasting the original folder to get it to vanilla, run the game then tried pasting the mod files back and the mod didn't work. Any help would be appreciated as I can't find anyone else having a problem with this mod online. Thanks 😊

Hi, anyone having the same problem as me? I can't get the mod to work with my HEN ps3, I watched a tutorial on how to install the mod to no avail, I've tried using the disc and installing GT6 to the HDD, I am on a new save file everytime I try to get the mod to work. I am using beta 7 of the mod, I've also tried using beta 6. I have the EU copy of GT6. I've also tried after pasting the mod files, finding out it didn't work and I tried pasting the original folder to get it to vanilla, run the game then tried pasting the mod files back and the mod didn't work. Any help would be appreciated as I can't find anyone else having a problem with this mod online. Thanks 😊
Have you updated GT6 to the required version before installing the mod?

Anyone have experencied seriuos problems when racing on Special Stage Route X? At 99% I can't start the race (the game seems stucked on loading), crash during the loading of it, missing/corrupted textures of the course and crahes while racing. Is very odd, because all three variants of it seems to suffer the same problems. I've checked all modes and various tracks, but SSRX seems the only (fortunately in a certain way) to have that problem. What cause that?

Anyone have experencied seriuos problems when racing on Special Stage Route X? At 99% I can't start the race (the game seems stucked on loading), crash during the loading of it, missing/corrupted textures of the course and crahes while racing. Is very odd, because all three variants of it seems to suffer the same problems. I've checked all modes and various tracks, but SSRX seems the only (fortunately in a certain way) to have that problem. What cause that?

Works fine for me. It could be data corruption.

I am unsure how you play it, as in, what media. I run my backup copy from an NTFS drive with multiMAN and have the game data set to not install to HDD while playing. So what I am saying is: Have you tried deleting (if installed) data?

On another note: I have noticed HFW/HEN users having issues. This makes me glad I have CFW compatible model.
Mine is running Rebug COBRA 4.86.1 LITE. I have also noticed issues with the Evilnat CFW.

Last edited:
Works fine for me. It could be data corruption.

I am unsure how you play it, as in, what media. I run my backup copy from an NTFS drive with multiMAN and have the game data set to not install to HDD while playing. So what I am saying is: Have you tried deleting (if installed) data?

On another note: I have noticed HFW/HEN users having issues. This makes me glad I have CFW compatible model.
Mine is running Rebug COBRA 4.86.1 LITE. I have also noticed issues with the Evilnat CFW.
I have a Super Slim, then I'm forced to use a HEN Firmware. I use an original PAL BD disc, with a clean install, and I'e actived that option to install to HDD while playing. Can I fix this issue without deleting all updates?

Last edited:
I have a Super Slim, then I'm forced to use a HEN Firmware. I use an original PAL BD disc, with a clean install, and I'e actived that option to install to HDD while playing. Can I fix this issue without deleting all updates?
What format is your game in? Are you running from disc, ISO or the extracted folder 'JB' format?

If you are using solid state media, which are you using? HDD or USB?

I am not sure if this is fixable without deleting updates.

I know it takes a while to install the updates, and then waiting for them to initialize everything took, I think, about 4 hours for me.
It is irritating but it may be the only fix.

You may be able to get more help on this issue at psx-place.

Last edited:
What format is your game in? Are you running from disc, ISO or the extracted folder 'JB' format?

If you are using solid state media, which are you using? HDD or USB?

I am not sure if this is fixable without deleting updates.

I know it takes a while to install the updates, and then waiting for them to initialize everything took, I think, about 4 hours for me.
It is irritating but it may be the only fix.

You may be able to get more help on this issue at psx-place.
As I've said, I'm playing on an original European Blu-Ray Disc. Not for something, time ago, when I had a Fat PS3 with CFW, I've started to test literally all 1279 cars, and that PS3 died when only like 30 cars were left. All tests were just top speed runs on indeed Special Stage Route X... Not too bad at the end, because now that is possible to edit game data to add your own courses I will use a my own with exactly 26km of straight, and no uphills and downhills, for a real measurement. This means that also eventual mistakes on my previous data will be fixed, updated and made more clearly

As I've said, I'm playing on an original European Blu-Ray Disc. Not for something, time ago, when I had a Fat PS3 with CFW, I've started to test literally all 1279 cars, and that PS3 died when only like 30 cars were left. All tests were just top speed runs on indeed Special Stage Route X... Not too bad at the end, because now that is possible to edit game data to add your own courses I will use a my own with exactly 26km of straight, and no uphills and downhills, for a real measurement. This means that also eventual mistakes on my previous data will be fixed, updated and made more clearly
Then I'm guessing deleting the installed data and/or updates may be your only solution.

Last edited:
Then I'm guessing deleting the installed data and/or updates may be your only solution.
What if I install the game on the HDD? I mean, making a "backup" of it. Doing so I think that I don't need any.ore the disc, but I doubt that change something

What if I install the game on the HDD? I mean, making a "backup" of it. Doing so I think that I don't need any.ore the disc, but I doubt that change something
That is probably the best option, along with stopping it from installing data as you play.
But still you probably will have to delete the updates as well.

After a month of struggling, I got Spec II b6 and b7 loaded on Evilnat 4.88.2. For some reason before the game would always crash shortly after starting from disc. Latest patch 1.22. Tried Rebug 4.86.1 LITE as well with same results.

Copying the files over from a USB flash drive with mmCM worked. Filezilla sending the files over from my Linux PC with overwrite by default on upload with no errors to the PS3 did not.

Had some problems with webMAN MOD 1.47.38. webMAN Games folder would vanish despite uninstalls and reinstalls after GT6 crashed to XMB. Rolled back to webMAN MOD 1.47.37.

Hope this helps somebody. Also happy to help debug further.

Last edited:
The Volkswagen GTI Supersport Vision Gran Turismo have missing sound. Only the transmission whine is hearable

To clarify, Rebug probably would have worked for me after I figured out there was some kind of file copy issue over FTP. I loaded it to rule out any funkiness with Evilnat 4.88.2. Enjoy!

Last edited:
I have a lot of wonderful tracks to add at the game. See the pictures below.

Attachments

• 20170215_115229.jpg
    20170215_115229.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 20170215_115559.jpg
    20170215_115559.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 20170215_120448.jpg
    20170215_120448.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 20170215_124639.jpg
    20170215_124639.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 66
I have do my tracks in 2015-2018. I do over 300 wonderful tracks (180 at the same time online, with 6 PSN accounts). I will try to get my tracks here.

Attachments

• 20170215_120700.jpg
    20170215_120700.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 20170215_121009.jpg
    20170215_121009.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 20170215_124948.jpg
    20170215_124948.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 20170215_125109.jpg
    20170215_125109.jpg