Big Sony GDC on March 10

  • Thread starter Thread starter phosphor112
  • 288 comments
  • 24,727 views

Judging by Trettons' reply on what other games we can expect this year: "we gotta have some gunpowder for E3", I'd say yes, as it was the obvious title left from their shortlist.

:indiff:
 
actually when the portugese Sony Exec. said "release probably this fall" at this point of time rumors were saying Sony's 3DTV in september...

Would it be really linked ?

hmm... that's intriguing. let's hope!
taking into account how essential GT is for sony, i wouldn't really be surprized (except it's comparatively soon)
 
You know what?

I love how console developers keep saying they've done this and that first, while the PC was doing it 6-12 months in prior.
Yeah... shooters, shooters, MMORPGs... more shooters...

"Yeah, but they also have racing!"

True... sterile racing...
 
Who said that? :lol:

EDIT: tree'd by several thousand people. That was aimed towards Griffith.

@ Tenacious: Talking to yourself a little bit there, buddy? :p
 
gt5 never comes ok we can watch new Tokyo trailers more... getting boring and boring frustrating.
Amazing job PD! We dont know anything about our GAME thanks to YOU.
Thanks for Tokyo trailers again!
I wont watch E3

Then don't. My guess is you'll miss a release date announcement and lots of new info.
 
Who said that? :lol:

EDIT: tree'd by several thousand people. That was aimed towards Griffith.

@ Tenacious: Talking to yourself a little bit there, buddy? :p

hehe, it was some dev / journo whose name I forget, but I'm pretty sure it was unintentional... :lol:

I dunno, I thought GDC was about technology. Their presentation was full of marketing :indiff: struggling to find anything on "new tech" that interests me.
 
I think you are all mistaken, release date is 3010 not 2010 :-)
 
Well, thank you, GDC. I look forward to E3 where maybe we'll get an exact release date. But 2010 is a good thing.
 
More cra.. I mean lack of GT5 info anyone? :D
 
GDC isn't over yet...
the gamespot guy talked about demos being showed publicly tomorrow.
 
GDC is not over yet...
the gamespot guy talked about demos being showed publicly tomorrow.

Were not getting anything more from GT5 at GDC in my opinion.
 
Yea. I think we got what we wanted. PEACE of mind. I can do without another demo of Tokyo. I can easily wait until E3.
 
Does anyone besides me not like this ever growing trend of Motion gaming?
 
This year is much better than this fiscal year.

No. This fiscal year means before Mar 31, 2010. This year means before dec 31 2010.
 
I dislike it. It defeats the purpose of gaming; relaxation. I have no intention of flailing my arms or shaking the hell out of the controller. Now, some integration is good (i.e. RE4), but for me, I am lying down and enjoying myself, not standing up having a seizure.
 
No. This fiscal year means before Mar 31, 2010. This year means before dec 31 2010.


So in other words:

fasj6418
This fiscal year is much better than this year

At least, thats how I would think you should see it if you're that starved.

I dislike it. It defeats the purpose of gaming; relaxation. I have no intention of flailing my arms or shaking the hell out of the controller. Now, some integration is good (i.e. RE4), but for me, I am lying down and enjoying myself, not standing up having a seizure.

Thats basically my problem with it. Completely contradicts what gaming is suppose to do.
 
"I'm shootin robots, with my little wand thing!"

Suddenly, I find the slogan "it only does everything" slightly creepy :sick:
 
yeah, I don't like full motion gaming. bits of it here and there are nice, like heavy rain which has amazing implementation, but for a game to be controlled fully by motion I don't like. cool and all, but in the end, it's just a gimmick.
 
-> I have a question, what does it take for a game to be a vaporware? Because most people in Jalopnik considers GT5 as a Vaporware. :indiff:
 
Vapourware is an overused term, primarily by people who have little to no patience. I imagine Jalopnik is being ironic, well I hope so anyway. :scared:

But to answer your question, vapourware is software that has seen (usually) extensive development, but then just disappears off the radar never to be heard about again.
 
for a game to be controlled fully by motion I don't like. cool and all, but in the end, it's just a gimmick.
Definitely. It has to be done right, and so far I haven't seen it. The Wii is... quaint, and one day I'll have to have one to play NiGHTS and Metroid Prime. But in the meantime, I want to throw some more cars around the track in... yes, GT4. Until ModNation Racers and GT5 come along anyhow. ;)
 
now that GDC is out of the way is anyone expecting any news from PAX East?
 
Total waste of time, even when we are "promised" something, it never really amounts to much.

I don't recall anything being said about what games will appear. All the skepticism was produced by us.
 
OK so let me get this straight. We have to wait another 3 months until E3 to possibly get a release date, in which we have to wait even longer. *Sigh*

So when are the 3d TV's coming out? I suspect that they will want to release them together.
 
Does anyone besides me not like this ever growing trend of Motion gaming?

It's fun/OK when one's playing multi-player games with a bunch of people. But, when I'm playing video games alone, I don't want to be moving my arms all around to do something I could have just pressed X for.
 
See you guys in another 3 months :). This is getting old.
 
So when are the 3d TV's coming out? I suspect that they will want to release them together.[/QUOTE]


Supposedly Sonys 3D TV's are coming out sometime this summer.
 
Back