Bit dissapointed with the intro?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dazzi
  • 301 comments
  • 25,330 views
GT needs to just start bragging in the intro videos again, ALA GT2. Spam the screen with model names/manufacturers, courses, etc, then jump into the action.

Oh, and keep the slow intro with the awesome "how it's made" style stuff, I love that.
 
i personally love the intro
ITS THE PERFECT INTRO FOR A !! SIM !!

ps:for ferrari fans
i could see a F1 ferrari car it was 2009 or 2010 iam not sure
 
Worst intro of the entire GT series imo.. It could have worked if the first bit of steel and car making would have been around 1 min. max. The song also doesn´t fit too well imo.
Will be skipping this one!
 
Worst intro of the entire GT series imo.. It could have worked if the first bit of steel and car making would have been around 1 min. max. The song also doesn´t fit too well imo.
Will be skipping this one!

Or just turn off in the options. ;)
 
Great video... but seriously, all that car building etc in the INTRO, with "prokofief" music (or whatever...)?

(edit)

...and the rest is just, cars going round tracks.

Worst Intro in the series IMO as well. I'm glad I saw it already, I'll be jumping that one as soon as I run the game, and turning it off right then.
 
Last edited:
Must admit im slightly disappointed. I didn't like the first half as I found that boring. However the 2nd half is much better but spoilt because of the crap song.
 
Nothing compared to this:

GT3 Intro:


THAT'S a first part...
 
And this is pretty cool as well:

GT2:


GT4 already sucked IMO with that "Ode to the Ford GT Racing". This one is better, but...

I though they would go for something like Prologue Video, instead they went with the usual formula: first parts that are really eye catching interesting and related to cars and racing, and 2nd parts with racing action from the game.

But first parts have become pretty lousy now (GT4 and 5) IMO and this was the worst.

Note: as far as INTRO movie is concerned. The video itself is interesting. For an ending credit or something..
 
Whatever they had made, whatever music they had chosen, somebody somewhere would not have liked it. They can't please everybody, just like there will be a lot of people moaning and whining about the game itself when they finally get it. Personally, I think most of the fan made trailers are unoriginal and boring, with only one I can remember standing out with some powerful "epic" orchestral music.


It's just the tracks available at the start of the game in arcade mode, not the full list.

Nicely put.

We don't have to be in the review-mode all the time.
 
Or whatever? lol. You mean the great Sergei Prokofiev, composer of one of the amazing tunes of all time...

Thank you for the correction, I really couldn't spell it.

The "whatever" is not meant negatively towards the music. It's not that the music or the video isn't good or well made. It's just a mile long industrial footage with Classical music... Not fitting to a GT intro.

IMO

_Edit_

There:
 
I like it but I think the transition from real world to game sucks. I wish they would have done some real world footage of pre-race preparations after the mining and manufacturing scene before cutting to in game footage. I don't like the song for something I'd play on my radio but it fits nicely with the video.

👍👍👍 out of 👍👍👍👍👍

They could have done better but I'm not at all disappointed.
 
It feels like listening to a musician who has no real idea of how to improvise and just drags out one on the fly section and then proceeds to dribble through others without connecting the dots in any meaningful way; lost in translation.

The perfect description of why I dislike Jazz.
 
I'll watch the intro a couple times when its finally in my ps3 and rolling just to see what its like on a big screen in HD but inital impressions are its not exactly the greatest most inspiring intro to a GT game.

For me GT1 is still the best most cinematic inspiring intro followed by GT4 with its huge orchestral score adn roaring engine sounds, this is bizarre (atleast the first industrial part) and doesn't really get me fired up to race some cars at all.

Aslong as the game itself is solid though i can overlook the odd intro:)
 
The intro is one of my most anticipated moments of GT5. I hope the UK gets a different song. I'm not watching it until its in my ps3
 
I thought the intro was average in comparison to previous GT's, however, I was particularly impressed at how the LFA was shown in the tunnel overtaking the others. It reminds me a little of the Viper GTS overtaking the Griffith in GT1's intro.
 
Why exactly would Polyphony want someone else doing an intro to their game when they've always done the intros for them?

Because it would have been better, simple as that. Isnt it wise to do what's best for the game, not what's best for your ego?

Like I said this looks like something some game developers threw together, not like something a serious animation studio would create. It could be A LOT better.

I will post it on a design site I go to and paste the link to the thread here. They will rip this video to shreds, it's pretty terrible to honest with you. There are a lot of studios out there that could have made something incredible. For a game of this caliber, it deserved something much better than that lazy crap they built.
 
And this is pretty cool as well:

GT2:


GT4 already sucked IMO with that "Ode to the Ford GT Racing". This one is better, but...

I though they would go for something like Prologue Video, instead they went with the usual formula: first parts that are really eye catching interesting and related to cars and racing, and 2nd parts with racing action from the game.

But first parts have become pretty lousy now (GT4 and 5) IMO and this was the worst.

Note: as far as INTRO movie is concerned. The video itself is interesting. For an ending credit or something..


Im not sure this is the exact intro to GT2. I remember a slightly different mix of the song which fits in better with the music. Im tempted to put GT2 in just to check but it seems like this has been messed around with somewhat.
 
I liked the Red Bull "Horsepower" trailer much more than this... thing.
 
I actually like the Intro a lot. The Piano music is very well chosen but that crap song afterwards. My godd :yuck: Totally kills the CGI sequence.....

Moon over the Castle should be there 👍
 
Not sure what everyone hates about the 2nd song though :P is it just because we are used to MCR as a emo band? and just a simple assumption that it doesn't suit GT?
Personally after the slow pace of the first bit thank god there's a song like this in the 2nd half :P.
Like I said in my first post its the 1st bit of the movie that annoys me, the first 15 seconds of watching it I was simply like what on earth is this even about....I can't imagine what a person who tries GT for the first time will think after seeing the first 4minutes :P
 
Im not sure this is the exact intro to GT2. I remember a slightly different mix of the song which fits in better with the music. Im tempted to put GT2 in just to check but it seems like this has been messed around with somewhat.

Looks like i was right :) Here is the real GT2 intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tm4sdRzcUA

unless it was different depending on region
 
I haven't watched the intro yet, but from the looks of it, everybody is disappointed with it. I mean I thought PD were good at making intros and videos and such, especially GT1, GT2, and GT3. I still wonder why they go to all the trouble making all of these great videos for GT5, and then make a slightly-horrible intro. Of course, I can't put my full word on what I think about the intro since I didn't see it (will watch it once I get my copy of GT5 like everybody else, gives me a surprise). If it's bad, then I wouldn't say it's a total letdown, but rather disappointed that PD made an intro that didn't satisfy everybody.
 
I actually like the Intro a lot. The Piano music is very well chosen but that crap song afterwards. My godd :yuck: Totally kills the CGI sequence.....

Moon over the Castle should be there 👍

I really want to know what that piano song was, it was very cool.
 
Second half:

Well... I was wrong. I though a decent recording would bring out the tune in that music. Guess you can't hide/disguise a teenagers voice screaming.

The tune itself is interesting and up-to-date. Fitting IMO.
 
I haven't watched the intro yet, but from the looks of it, everybody is disappointed with it. I mean I thought PD were good at making intros and videos and such, especially GT1, GT2, and GT3. I still wonder why they go to all the trouble making all of these great videos for GT5, and then make a slightly-horrible intro. Of course, I can't put my full word on what I think about the intro since I didn't see it (will watch it once I get my copy of GT5 like everybody else, gives me a surprise). If it's bad, then I wouldn't say it's a total letdown, but rather disappointed that PD made an intro that didn't satisfy everybody.

Lets me fair the rear of the retail packaging much worse than the intro vid. That seriusly does look rushed.

I'm still a bit disappointed with the intro movie for GT5, but tbh i think my expectations have been so high after the first 4 that its difficult not to be. It did grow on me a bit after 4 or 5 plays. Still the weakest one in my opinion however.
 
Back