Bit dissapointed with the intro?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dazzi
  • 301 comments
  • 25,326 views
Actually, the intro is very good. And I like the song too.
 
So 80% of us don't like it as much or it was a let-down,

19% of us aren't fussed and will skip anyway

and 1% like it?

Now if only they paid attention to what we would want (or at least what type of music we don't want for the intro video) then things would be better :grumpy:




(...and still no release date! :grumpy: )
 
I really like the intro;miss a bit more engine sounds in some points.
 
Would be great if you can set your own music to it in the options.
 
I dont like at all, its like too artistic and correct, besides the "comercial" music(both) and less "really car lover" like the previous intros.:grumpy:

ps. they dont have a sunrise and a starting race day!!!!
 
I like the intro. The start was classy, showing the underlying passion for every aspect of car worship, not just the final product. As for MCR.. I like that too. Personally a band like MCR is not one I would take seriously, but I'll give any song a fair chance and this one is decent.
 
I'm not fiddled with it but at one point the band singer is screaming and screaming :lol:

It's probably alright in HD but the quality of that guy's crappy video camera makes it worse than it probably is.
 
I'll say it here too. In another thread I threw out a challenge for GTP members to create our own epic GT5 intro. We can vote on the winner. Perhaps a few different categories. A category for each GT game, 1-4, you can only cut your videos to music that was used in any version of that game, US, Europe, or Japan, etc. Then a 5th category for original music track. I know we can come up something better. I want to have it on my PS3 HDD so I can play THAT video before I boot up GT5, and skip their intro, lol.

Im going to enter the GT2 category, and use My Favourite Game to cut my video to. Cant wait to see what some of you come up with. An interesting side challenge that GT5's video making features should give us. We can get Jordan to feature the winners of the contests.
 
I'm not fiddled with it but at one point the band singer is screaming and screaming :lol: (...)

My point exactly... they actually have a couple of good tunes (this is one) but none have made it into my collection because... well mainly that. Pretty boy should just sing, not scream. Leave that to the (metal) pros :P


I've seen it a few more times now and... it's worst than I felt initially. So, with the utmost respect to those that liked it and their opinion, here's a more in depth "review".

1st - The obscure manufacturing of the metal that cars are made of with a pretty "heavy" Prokofiev (did I get it right this time?) is over kill. It's cool... but like I said, on the INTRO video, really?

2nd - It's really worst. It's cars running around, 1 roll over, many spins, many slow jumps, pit stops, 1 crash, all with teen pop screaming at us.

No day/night/sunset?

Not ONE decent overtake in there? (not cars going past each other... a real outbreak classic. I can't recall one at least)

And those great weather effects, rain pouring on the windshield and wipers working, only once and for half a second?

Do you see ONE car doing a power slide through hairpin in a rally event? Snow or dirt?

Were is the damage and car parts flying?

And drifting, there is some, but too artistic blurred stuff... They should have made that shot from Madrid seen from above (hely) with 2 or 3 tuned drifters going round the round about sideways, smoking and leaving tire marks.

So in my honest and humble opinion, it's the least interesting video in the history of GT, especially if you consider how much more was at their disposal this time.
 
The perfect description of why I dislike Jazz.

Well jazz is an improvisational music, which is why the same piece can be hit or miss. Horrors can be plain or dismal, but the beauties are phenomenal. It's why I love jazz and dislike the new intro.

Now if PD would give us some that were a bit less elevator.
 
I thought the song was fine.
I actually like the intro a lot
 
The MCR song is kinda sorta but not really warming up to me. Is it okay if I just file it under guilty pleasure? I dunno. I need to hear the whole thing properly first. I wish the song was available for download from itunes. But its not yet which is surprising considering their new album comes out November 22nd.
 
I thought the intro is like the game. A tale of two halves.
I.E. Standard and premium.
It seemed to lack any sort of direction.

Just my opinion.
 
The intro is all fine, I mean, it's alot better than the "trendy today, forgotten tomorrow" intro of other games
 
Jav

Yes it is, that video gets you pumped to play the game.

ok I hate you now. That just DID give me goosebumps. I think the first time I pop in GT5 I will turn my head and just watch this instead.

Wow, hardvibes made an awesome intro. Blend that with the first half of the offical intro and you got somethin. =)
Thank you all :D:tup:
 
They should have done what they did with MGS4 and those in game PMC propaganda commercials. They hired a great external studio to create those called Hello Logan, who specializes in this exact sort of thing, and the design quality of those commercial was far beyond this intro.

Like I said it looks like something some game developers would make, not what a sick animation studio would create. The overall production quality of it is very average, there's no doubt that it could be insane if they had just outsourced it to people who have spent their lives learning how to make amazing intro's.
 
What happened to the gritty intro movies of the first few games? GT1 imo was one of the best intros hands down. Too much polish went into 5! 👎
 
I loved the first half with the evolution from the raw materials to the final product (including the piano solo). The second half was less enjoyable. But I have to say that the second-half song by MCR wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I mean, it didn't make me keel over in convulsions or anything.
 
After watching the video material on YouTube, I was okay with the little intro earlier and very impressed with the actual racing portion. It assured that going with My Chemical Romance was just a fail part. Here's my problem... you don't need to make individual soundtracks so that certain regions can care about it. So what if people would rather hear My Chemical Romance music than Moon Over the Castle? Moon Over the Castle is the theme of Gran Turismo and doesn't need to be replaced with some other song just to make certain people happy.

We can't judge a game's overall character on just an introduction. Music-wise, it's the most disappointing of any Gran Turismo game. I would have liked something better to compliment the in-game footage rather than this building of a car (though it is very interesting).

Gran Turismo 6 = Moon Over the Castle, or no intro music at all. No exceptions.
 
Thank you all :D:tup:

It would need some work, and new footage to be top notch and GT official. But you had to work with what's already out, and didn't have years to work on it, so taken that into consideration 👍👍👍👍

But you illustrated perfectly what I meant about things missing in the intro! You've put in all the new stuff I said was missing, plus the lights, turning on and flashing. It's how I think it should have been done to showcase what's in store. And they could make/take any footage they wanted, to do so! :dunce:

And it should have a fundamentally good, simple and powerful tune as well, like you chose.

Nice one! :cheers:
 
I wonder how much better the intro would have gone over if people didnt know beforehand that MCR was going to be featured...

The intro is a good one and a nice example of why fans should be listened to but not obeyed.
 
Haha, yeah. Boohoo, you didn't put my favoritest band of all time in the intro so your intro ... sucks!
 
Haha, yeah. Boohoo, you didn't put my favoritest band of all time in the intro so your intro ... sucks!

I dont even have an issue with the music, the design of the intro is kind of lame. Some intercut shots of the car production process, then some game animation. It all could have been much cool if outsourced to a serious animation studio. The look of it right now is just boring.
 
People wouldn't even care about the song if they were :drool:ing over new footage showcasing all the new stuff is going to be in...

We would be discussing it for the "video" part, and any reference to the music would be answered like: "Song? What song..?"
 
Excellent video Hardvibes. Do you have it uploaded anywhere for download? I wouldn't mind having this on my PS3 for future viewing. Best intro I've seen on here yet IMO.

As others have said its more along the lines of standard GT intro etiquette.
 
So in my honest and humble opinion, it's the least interesting video in the history of GT, especially if you consider how much more was at their disposal this time.

I wasn't overly impressed with the intro at first, but after reading your summary of why it could have been better... well now i'm just flat disappointed, it could have been so much more, and really should have been for a game of its caliber. Also i'm NOT a fan of MCR at all.
 
I didn't care about what song they chose for the intro, what I cared about was whether it moved with the music in any way, and if it had any moments that made you want the game any more than you wanted it before you watched the intro. For me, one of the coolest parts was the begining of the 2nd part where the Ford MKIV and the other cars were racing down the back stretch at Le Mans in the evening light. That part moved with the music and really was the thing that won me over on the intro. The first half was a bit too long and I was asking myself if the 10gb hard drive install was the intro itself, but it got to moving and it was, in my opinion, worth the wait.
 
Somebody, for the love of all that is good, please give those nice young boys a full set of guitar strings, because it seems like they can only afford two of them. At first when hearing the song recorded from live, I thought there might have been a bit of a catchy tune in there, but now I'm pretty sure my brain was constructing that out of the crowd's white noise.

I know musical tastes vary, and that it takes all kinds of fruit to make fruit cup. I also know that Sony has never picked a song for any of it's 'Gran Turismo mixtapes' that I've really loved, and they've been getting farther and farther from what I can tolerate.

As for the rest of the intro. The first half seemed to have been borrowed from a Mr. Rogers Show factory tour, and the rest recycled a lot of old tradeshow footage. Speaking of re-editing tradeshow vids, I can't help but notice that GTP members have been doing a much better job cutting similar footage together.
 
Sony has never picked a song for any of it's 'Gran Turismo mixtapes' that I've really loved, and they've been getting farther and farther from what I can tolerate

You use to be with it, then they changed what it was, now what you are is not it :P
 
Back