Black List of drivers you must elude.

• Thread starter LANDO
  • 223 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
achaboo is worth being avoided, gary108 as well...both jeopardize other peoples races on daytona. achaboo loves to turn around after the rolling start and starts his work at the bus stop.

pardon me, who can deny that? of course, i can´t, but it never happened deliberately !
i thought it was the point, if it happened deliberately or not.

i think almost everybody has been turned around by another car before, and became an ostruction.... but you can´t blame somebody for something, he can´t affect...

i remember asaboo, because the first to races i met him it seemed he was looking for trouble almost every corner. he was hitting me hard and often. so i was not amused to read his name in the grids of the next races, but he did not hit me again... i still dont know if he changed his behaviour or if the first two races were disturbed by any hard- or softwareproblems....
so, when asaboo hit me and turned me round( and i remember that happened more than once in those first two races), i did not have a chance to control my car and to avoid e.g. nitrof crushing into me, as much as nitrof couldn´t dodge.

if that provoked nitrofs anger, i´m sorry.
it did not happen on purpose, because i had no influence on the situation. and thats why i´d like to see you updating your list.

who is this nitrof?
are you mentioning me?

I just hate when things like this happen! The thing I hate the most is when someone crashes into you and you get a penelty!

So, can you understand why the poster was annoyed?

Now, from what I understand of the situation, the leader and second place cars were coming to lap you. So you'd been in that position for some time - how come you couldn't get out of the way?

The description was that the two cars were obstructed on the last corner of their last lap. Lapped drivers must always get out of the way of cars lapping them. It's not your race - even if you're fighting for position. You must cede to the lapping cars.

Now, isn't that a much better way of approaching things than reporting posts, mocking users and making thinly-veiled threats under the guise of "libel and slander"?

It's a pity no-one kept the replays of the race.

well, as i posted before, there was more than one crash by asaboo on daytona, so it is possible someone lapped me the last lap. i don´t know, i can´t remember that, as i can´t remember a crash with nitrof1. sorry for that. (why i actually remember asaboo i posted before.)
i´m driving gt with real opponents since 2002, so i know i have to cede to the lapping car. so i would have done, if i´d had my car under control. if someone crashes me, i always start racing as soon as possible(even being lapped), avoiding to obstruct anybody.
nitrof1 threats are simply not correct, and as long as theres no replay available it seems to me like a guilty-by-accusation-situation.

you´re right, saying my first reaction wasn´t the best.
nevertheless i´m afraid, that any reaction would be as good as none.

yesterday i got a phonecall by an amused red5_GTRP: "hey stoertebecker, your blacklisted on gtplanet....."
.....and we both were laughing, when he told me what was written about me:

be assured, that this is not the way i´m racing.

i dont know what happened there....
...but there are many different problems caused by hard and software.
for example, have you ever been kicked off a running race? do you know what happens with your car on the other players screen???
or did it happen to you, that you are able to overtake all cars, because they are parking directly at the wall?
while having those kind of problems its a thin line between having a blacklist and spreading libel and slander.

i´m driving "online" since gt3 i-link times - so why should i ruin my reputation by doing such unsatisfying nonsens ...

...so please, be so kind and remove me from your list

well if you ask these questions to other driver he will probably say the same things.
we were turning the last curve and coming to finish line wheel 2 wheel and there was a barricade at the finish line which builded by 2 cars.
and we both crashed into them. what chance is a bug or something else creating some kind a trouble like that? and that happend to 2 drivers at the same time!

that post was my quick reaction after the race and believe me if you were at my side you could do same reaction.
as you said we dont have any replay or some proof. and yes everything can be happening in the race bacause online gaming is still so buggy.
as I can see you are a new member maybe you registered yourself for this self-defence. And I'm glad you did that. if you are on the list because of my complaint I believe in your advocacy. stoertebetcker GT is clear for me.

but me and other drivers are still specifying asaboo for his faults until he defends himself

that post was my quick reaction after the race and believe me if you were at my side you could do same reaction.
as you said we dont have any replay or some proof. and yes everything can be happening in the race bacause online gaming is still so buggy.
as I can see you are a new member maybe you registered yourself for this self-defence. And I'm glad you did that. if you are on the list because of my complaint I believe in your advocacy. stoertebetcker GT is clear for me.

thank you

may lando take notice.........

One person that has given me trouble is BloodyStool, Played him on Daytona, He passed me clean at first but after he got slowed down by a crash and I started to draft him and when I tried to pass him he started blocking me and when I finally got around him he started pushing me towards the wall and infield, Ended up making me loose several positions :yuck:

Fuel7.

I was alone with him on Daytona (Blue Event) - He kept blocking me. I think he blocked me 4 or 5 times before I finally got past him.

How did he block you? Ram you once u try to pass him? Well in racing expect a lot of blocking.. But on Daytona i Always try to stay on 2nd place until the last turn when i Catch some good speed and over take a player to get 1st place.

But on Daytona i Always try to stay on 2nd place until the last turn when i Catch some good speed and over take a player to get 1st place.

I hate it when people do this, i know it's not cheating but it just annoys me. If everyone just waited in the back till the last turn no one would finish the race because everyone would be stopped.

I hate it when people do this, i know it's not cheating but it just annoys me. If everyone just waited in the back till the last turn no one would finish the race because everyone would be stopped.

Must admit I've used this tactic many times, both in two car and multi car races. It's all about timing. Similarly I've had it used on me, too. There are ways to combat it though :)

Shake and bake baby, shake and bake....

Must admit I've used this tactic many times, both in two car and multi car races. It's all about timing. Similarly I've had it used on me, too. There are ways to combat it though :)

Shake and bake baby, shake and bake....[/QUOTE]

:lol:

How did he block you? Ram you once u try to pass him? Well in racing expect a lot of blocking.. But on Daytona i Always try to stay on 2nd place until the last turn when i Catch some good speed and over take a player to get 1st place.

Well, when I was trying to drive past him, he blocked me. Each single time and even rammed me in to the wall a few times (when I tried to drive past him). That is not acceptable.

Arusa (maybe spelled it wrong): Was standing in front of the turns on Fuji and blocking. Damn idiot.

How did he block you? Ram you once u try to pass him? Well in racing expect a lot of blocking..

In LAN games we rule that you aren't allowed more than ONE change of line on the straights. And online I'd race by the same ethos.

In LAN games we rule that you aren't allowed more than ONE change of line on the straights. And online I'd race by the same ethos.

Same here, and thats how it should be. I hate these people that our constantly changin lanes to block you, or the people that swerve side to side when you get in there slipstream. What a bunch of losers, thats right i said it.

The majority of the time i will slow down to let people catch up, and then they still pull this crap.

dont know if he has been mentioned but "FUKATU" is a major loser you need to avoid. he messed up on the daytona ring so what he does is position himself strategically before bend stood still, then just blocks your path just as you fly past and you end up colliding with him.. if that wasnt enough he then proceeded to make his way around the ring in the opposite direction and try ram you head on.

watch out for him

Same here. Among my friends in GTSurgeons Club there is very detailed racing-ethics, with special code-of-coduct in written form. We've created special Fair Play Association with strict rules regarding both time-trial and LAN/online races. I'd link it for everyone to examine, but it's on Croatian :D

Still, here's GT Surgeons's Fair Play Association badge:

fair%20play.jpg

Nice little translation project for there then amar.:D
As you are from there and can obviously speak or a least read both English and Croatian

Nice little translation project for there then amar.:D
As you are from there and can obviously speak or a least read both English and Croatian

Well, it goes something like this:

GTSURGEONS.COM CODE OF RACING CONDUCT

All members of GTSurgeons Community are required to strictly obbey Rules of Fair Play Association. By registering on GTSurgeons.com they've apprehened those rules and commited themselves to respect and use them.

RACE RULES:

1. Postion of other driver must always be respected
2. Agressive driving is strictly prohibited
3. Contacts and collisions must be evaded at any cost
4. Pushing other car in turns or pushing them out of track is strictly prohibited
5. Leaning on other car is strictly prohibited in any situation
6. In case of too-late-braking before turn drive should seek out for any other solution than collision with other cars in-front - including going off the track due to his own error
7. Driving line can be changed only once in one duel (going out of line and returning to previous line)
8. It is prohibited to commence returning to the track after going-off before you're certain that you'll be no danger for other cars on that section of the track
9. When exiting the pit-lane you have to obbey the safety pit-exit-line
10. Cutting the chicanes or "shorting" the track at any point is strictly prohibited on all parts of the track, including the asphalt-areas in behind out-of track-lines,
11. Driver is obliged to follow the race so he could let overlapping cars to pass him when it's needed. Deliberate slowing-down of overlapping cars is strictly prohibited,
12. Drivers behind the driver who lets overlapping cars to pass must sustain from any ovepassing him untill all faster cars has passed,
13. When approaching the turn/apex of turn, the car which "holds" the inner side of turn has entrance-advantage and other driver(s) must sustain from endangering him by his actions,
14. It is strictly prohibited to look for a pass on places where configuration of the track does not allow for many cars to drive in parallel, or on spots where it could endanger other drivers on track,
15. Drivers who are using PS2/PS3 controller MUST make additional efffort in driving due to a fact they can't use side-view, and their perception of the other cars is thiisby limited - extreme caution while manouvering is required,
16. If driverr wants to retire from race he must not exit the race. He must find pposition on the track where he will not endanger other drivers, "park" his car annd wait for the race to end.

TIME-TRIALS

Achieved time is valid if following is applied during time-trial:

1. Car's specs must be in values demanded by partiicular TT,
2. At least two wheels must be on the track in any time, and
3. Car must not have any collision with objects on or aroound the track during whole TT.

(C)www.gtsurgeons.com - Croatian Gran Turismo Community (Gran Turismo zajednica Hrvatska)

That's bassicaly it, have translated it in hurry so sorry for any usage of wrong words.

:lol: Nice one 👍

Guess there's no excuses anymore.
Give that Guide a sticky.
everyone knows where they stand then.

This isn't about any one driver but all the "quitters"!

I'm getting sick & tired of starting a race with 12 cars & as soon as someone makes a mistake they quit the race & by the end of the first lap your down to 2 or 3 cars!!:grumpy:

Sure everyone looses a connection every now & then but when we get private races anyone that bails out on a lot of races won't be invited back!

Hello,im a LANDO friend,sorry but my english level is basic i understund you but write it its hard for me.

same with me. :D

it´s every time nice to meet you online. 👍

this evening there was some nice fights with PILLAT, Trick-R and Rapidity-R. :cheers:

I think a great solution for the demolition drivers is if they ram 2 drivers in a race they can't race again online for 15 minutes, you ram three people during a race and you're banned from online for an hour, with an explaination stating "Since you cannot avoid ramming other drivers you may go back to Arcade mode for an hour and practice" It would sure make me drive more cautiously, although I've never intentionaly hit anyone.
I was just racing online and quit after 5 races tired of dealing with total idiots.

For repeat offenders, PD could make them have to take some kind of online license course. One they can't cheat out of :)

"7. Driving line can be changed only once in one duel (going out of line and returning to previous line)"

I'm only nit-picking now, but at Daytona people weave all over the place, not in order to block, but they weave out of the way so you can't draft them, paradoxical!.

Poal_to_Win

Intentionally taking drivers out when he was a lap down.
Blocking, swerving ramming etc....

Never mind the fact he doesn't know how to correctly spell Pole.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... the absolute best time to race online for US players is in the morning, which is evening hours for Japan. Plenty of full fields and a higher percentage of clean drivers. I've almost given up on racing online in the evenings, as it's usually wreckers/griefers/quitters galore.

For repeat offenders, PD could make them have to take some kind of online license course. One they can't cheat out of :)
But what happens when you get a situation like Player A hits Player B who crashes into Player C? If the collision detection sytem is anything like GT4, Player B will get penalised.

In fact, that entire penalty system would have to be re-worked because there's loopholes you can exploit. Everyone has had fun with being hit by the AI and getting a penalty for it, but I've found that if you aren't accelerating when you hit, you don't get penalised. Players online would work out ways around the penalty system pretty quickly. And then how do you deal with people who cheat by taking shortcuts? Like on Fuji 90's where you can skip the entire chicane, or on Motegi Road where you can plough through the kitty litter at the final corner?

Perhaps a way to deal with it would be for players to nominate unsportsmanlike behaviour. If you hit me, then I can report it, but the server would have to have some way of monitoring the game to make sure I'm not nominating you simply because you won and I didn't. Then again, people who ram others are usually repeat offenders, so if a lot of people complain, it would remove the possibility of bias.

I did some online races last weekend and got the impression that races are lot cleaner than when Prologue JP came out a few months ago. The pro races have always been quite clean though, e.g. a driver waits for one he just nudged of the track. However, I now noticed that there is also a lot less ramming and banging in the amateur races (e.g. at Fuji), although some racers will still do anything to keep another one from overtaking and never give back a position after a collision.

What if friend (or sibling) uses your PS3 to play GT5:P and gets you blacklisted? Can't always be present to monitor what is going on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back