BlazinXtreme no longers wants to be Blazin or Xtreme

  • Thread starter Thread starter Joey D
  • 199 comments
  • 6,937 views
Toyota Yaris turbo :lol:

A purple S40 :lol:

If I was you and I was thinbking about a kidie friendly car Id get like a golf gti or something similiar as in german. Safe comfortable and reliable. Dont need space in the back anyway as the kid will be ina baby seat so a safe hatchback is go go go. And golfs have a aftermarket.
 
No GTI its way to freakin small.
 
So I'm going to buy a $30k Euro hatchback, when I can buy a better looking Saab for less money and still get AWD, turbo engine, and room in the back.

I'm tell you guys GM is going to pretty much outweigh everything else unless you can convince me to look at something else...and I mean good solid convincing.
 
I'd go for a cheap good car (in terms of GM) then because it will be even cheaper with the discount that way when you hit 150,000 the money you save can go towards a better car.
 
The only complaint I've heard about the EVO is that it has a small gas tank.
Coupled with the fact that it inspires heavy footed driving, which promotes crap gas mileage.

I think you'll have to go some to beat the Saab for Safety, Reliability, Economy, and room to grow.
The Trailblazer is a good choice also.
I might choose it over the Saab, due to the fact it doesn't have a turbo.
I love my Turbo-diesel, but since I'm a first time diesel owner, and a first time turbo owner, I'm following the owner's manual pretty closely.
One of the recommendations for turbo health after long hauls is a 7-10 minute run at idle speed to let the turbo cool down. I don't drive it often. Only on long trips with the entire family unit, so it doesn't bother me that much. I just let the truck run while we unpack.
I don't know what the requirements are for a turbo on a gas engine.
But, I do know that a lot of cars have aftermarket turbo timers that let the engine spool down and cool the turbo over a specified length of time.
 
Alright I've been building cars online to how I want them...

Saab 9-2X AWD with the 2.5L engine, leather, heated seats, and a manual transmission which goes for $26,780 so I could get it for about 21 grand I would think. But I really think it would be a good choice.

The Trailblazer SS will be something like 30 grand with the discount, thats to much.
 
Didn't thought you'd like the 9-2X after what you said for the WRX though :p
 
I can dig why he likes the 9-2x. It's a little more suave, and a little softer, more comfortable. Not a bad choice. Even if Saab goes under, you can service it at Subaru! :lol:
 
Good luck finding a 9-2x. I went looking for one in May-June, nobody had any, and nobody was gonna get any more. They only made a few thousand of the Aero models, and production has already ceased of the whole model.
 
Volvo 240. Good safe and cheap family car. :lol:


If the backseat is for (as yet) non-existent babies the GTO really is easily big and safe enough. The baby would get car-sick from all the sideways driving however. :D
 
BlazinXtreme
The Trailblazer SS will be something like 30 grand with the discount, thats to much.
DAMN!!! I was hoping that one would win. I dig those things. Sure you can't squeak out the extra few $k??? :D

Hilg
 
What happened to the possibility of a GTO? LS1, doesn't need to be LS2.
 
BlazinXtreme
Alright since I'm going to be keeping the car for a while it has to be kid friendly too! Because me and the girl want to be parents sooner rather then later.
Dang with adult talk like that you might want to get a station wagon or a mini van. J/K :lol:
On a serious note. How about a 4 door Grand Prix??? They are attractive cars, it is a GM car so you get your discount, plenty of room, decent price, good gas mileage, FWD so they will do well in the winter, and some of them have a supercharger if your want a quicker version.
 
BlazinXtreme
So I'm going to buy a $30k Euro hatchback, when I can buy a better looking Saab for less money and still get AWD, turbo engine, and room in the back.

I'm tell you guys GM is going to pretty much outweigh everything else unless you can convince me to look at something else...and I mean good solid convincing.

Isn't the Saab your talking about a rich mans WRX :sly:
 
James2097
Volvo 240. Good safe and cheap family car. :lol:


If the backseat is for (as yet) non-existent babies the GTO really is easily big and safe enough. The baby would get car-sick from all the sideways driving however. :D

You do not want a car with two doors.
Wrangling a wiggly baby into a car seat is murder if you're trying to do it with a two-door.
Plus, as little people get bigger, and can open their own door from the outside, if you have four doors you don't have to get out to let people in or out as you would in a two door.
 
Like I said the GTO is going to be to hard on my insurence.

The 9-2X is a WRX but honestly its a lot nicer inside, plus its a Saab, I mean come on thats a status symbol right there :lol:.

I'll look into a Grand Prix, I kinda forgot about those.
 
Gil
You do not want a car with two doors.
Wrangling a wiggly baby into a car seat is murder if you're trying to do it with a two-door.
Plus, as little people get bigger, and can open their own door from the outside, if you have four doors you don't have to get out to let people in or out as you would in a two door.


Isn't that the truth? The Blazer is a pain in the ass!
 
BlazinXtreme
I'll look into a Grand Prix, I kinda forgot about those.
I have been thinking over and over again for about 2 years of what I would get if my daily driver saturn ever dies. After much research and knowing at least 4 very satisfied owners with 4door Grand Prix. I decide that would be the car I would get. The owners range from 24 year old attractive female to 40 year old man and they have all been very satisfied with their Grand Prix cars. Only one of the owners has the supercharged version and if I remember correclty he ran a high 13 with it at the track bone stock. If I was to get one I would get one a couple years old because I cant afford a new one. But in your situation I suggest you highly look into them. :) 👍
 
Magnum SXT
MSRP** starting at $26,935

250-horsepower 3.5-liter high-output 24-valve V6 engine
17-inch machined aluminum wheels
Electronic stability program with all-speed traction control
Power eight-way driver's seat
Power four-wheel antilock disc brakes
Bright grille inserts, fog lamps

Magnum R/T
MSRP** starting at $30,910

340-horsepower 5.7-liter HEMI® Multi-Displacement System (MDS)
18-inch aluminum wheels
Leather-trimmed seats
Electronic stability program with all-speed traction control
276-watt, six-speaker Boston Acoustics sound system
 
Blazin', if you don't mind, can you anwser a few q's for me?

How old are you?
Do you get alot of rain/snow in your area?
Are you engaged or married or looking to get hitched?
What do you do or what do you plan on doing for a living?

(these all have to do with picking a car believe it or not)

just pm me the anwsers and i will name you a buttload of cars :), I'm good at this lol.
 
I refuse to drive anything from the Chysler Corporation, I hate the way everything of theirs looks. And I'm not fond of station wagons.

But I'm 20, we geta ton of rain and snow in Michigan, I'm sorta engaged, and right now I'm a GM intern and I plan on going into business.
 
2000-2003 Audi S4

2.7L Twin Turbo V6
250 HP @ 5,800 rpm; 258 ft lb @1,850 rpm
avail. 5spd auto or 6 spd manual
standard xenon headlights
leather Recaro's
Priced between $17k-$30k

--My opinion on the S4: Very nice car. Definately good looking, good styling. The car is quick in stock form hitting the 60mph mark in 5.5 seconds and making the 1/4 mi. pass in just over 14 seconds. 4 door so if you have some little BlazinXtremes in the future running around, you can strap them in the back seats and show them what a twin turbo spool up is like :). Overall the car is very nice aside from what everyone says about Audi's.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2001-2004 Subaru WRX

2.0L Turbo H4
227hp @ 6,000rpm; 217 lb ft @ 4,000 rpm
avail. 5spd standard or 4spd auto
priced between $12k-$19k

--My opinion on the Rex: I LOVE SCOOBYS. I think their engine and exhaust notes are orgasmic and the car is just a fun little thing. AWD which is good for your location. Again its a 4 door so its practical and its quick, just a hair slower than the S4. 60mph in 5.7 and 1/4 mile in 14.5. These cars generally dont have any problems at all, unless your a reject and you launch it at 6,500 constantly, then you will blow out 1st gear.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1995-1999 BMW M3 Coupe/Sedan

3.0L I6 DOHC
240hp @ 6,000rpm; 236 lb-ft @ 3,400 rpm
avail. 5spd standard or 4spd auto
Priced between $15k-$25k

--My Opinions on the M3: The E36 isnt as good looking as the 46, but its a kick ass car. Out of the 3 its definately the quickest by fractions of a second, but its the only RWD car so you might have some trouble in your region due to RWD's hatred towards rain. You can rock a coupe which is always nice, or the sedan, eitherway, you will look not only more sucessful, but come on, your 20 and your drivin a Bimmer? Def look good on your part :).

The M3 and S4 will definately make you look good when applying for those high profile business jobs :)

All in all i would personally rate these the following based on my own tastes, modability, and fun.

1.) WRX
2.) S4
3.) M3

And if none of these tickle your funny bone, well then you can never go wrong with a 4th gen Maxima.

3.0L VQ30DE, guarenteed to last at least 200k. Quick, cheap, comfortable, can be turned into a monster, looks good in any color, fun peppy car. :)

Hope this helps.

-nismo
 
Engaged at 20 :crazy:

You sure dont waste any time.

Get one of these babies.

abt-sportsline-as3-sportsback-573.jpg
 
BlazinXtreme
I refuse to drive anything from the Chysler Corporation, I hate the way everything of theirs looks. And I'm not fond of station wagons.
But I'm 20, we geta ton of rain and snow in Michigan, I'm sorta engaged, and right now I'm a GM intern and I plan on going into business.


Hey YW, although, damn, thats a sweet looking wagon AKA shooting brake AKA estate.
 
A few that come to mind (some already mentioned)

Acura TSX

Audi A4

Mazda 6

Subaru Legacy or forester

VW passat (facelift) not sure what they run right now.

Kinda sucks that you want brand new rather than a certified pre-owned....you could get more car for the money and someone else already took the depreciation hit. But you have your reasons...
 
I don't want a used car, I want a new car for the warrenty issues and what not. If pre-owneds came with the same kind of warrenty I would consider them but I don't think they do...maybe I'm wrong?

But yes I am sort of engaged at 20, first off I've known her for hell 8 years, we were best friends in high school and we started dating, now we just kinda live together somewhat and we are planning on getting married once I graduate, so 2007 but we are still engaged-ish. She has like a ton of years of school left since she's going to be a doctor.
 
hmm well if used doesnt float your boat

new WRX is 24,995. You can probably get IS300's for cheap since the new IS350 and 250 are out. They use to go for 30k but im sure you can work them down to 27 since its the old body style. Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart? Awesome car for the price, used they go for about 12k with very low miles and they have a 10yr,100k warranty (they only came out 04-05 and are being discontinued this year). Nissan Sentra SE-R. Dodge Neon SRT-4 (hate dodge) Volvo S40 T5.
 
Back