Blink 182 Nov. 18th!Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Motorer1
  • 48 comments
  • 1,719 views
Cool, a new Blink CD. I don't care if they're not "real" punk - I like 'em. Especially anything on Dude Ranch and before.
 
Blink 182 sucks..............That is all I am going to say.;)
 
Originally posted by Mopar Muscle
who cares if it's punk or not. you said it is something it wasn't and it *****n pissed me off.

what if i said something stupid like: "yea man, there making a toyota echo with a V10!"

that sounds stupid right? it sounds like you!

Remember to hold "shift" firmy so you don't get a bunch of ones in the middle of your foolishly long row of exclamation points.

I never claimed it to be anything. I think Blink 182 is pop, I don't particularly like it, but it posesses nostalgia value for me since they were one of my favorite bands years ago.

You pretty much rendered your own opinion obsulete by saying "who cares if it's punk or not." If you didn't care, then why on earth did you throw some caps lock tantrum?

Re the exclamation remarks, if you didn't detect my sarcasm there, then may god help you.
 
Originally posted by SublimeDood10
You pretty much rendered your own opinion obsulete by saying "who cares if it's punk or not." If you didn't care, then why on earth did you throw some caps lock tantrum?

Re the exclamation remarks, if you didn't detect my sarcasm there, then may god help you.

read it again, there was a punctual error that i have fixed.

a row of ones in the middle of exclamation points is sarcastic? explain.
 
Normally when somebody goes nuts with the caps lock as you did, there is the inevidable row of exclamation points mixed in with random ones, as they don't know how to properly use the shift key.
 
Wow, i am so glad you are having this conversation on the Blink 182 thread.

Anewayz, i have been listening to the new track and i was wondering about the name. At first it was "action" and then it was "feeling this" WTF, why they change it?
 
Originally posted by Concept
All of you are dumb dumbs.
I can see you are a real genious by this statement. :rolleyes: ;)
 
Originally posted by Concept
All of you are dumb dumbs.

damn you, i have been called many insulting and downright nasty things in my life but that really hurts....

you better take that back man...i'm serious :grumpy:
 
Does it really matter if they are punk or not? I listen to music because I like the music. Is it all of a sudden illegal to listen to something other than punk music if you are punk? My friend is so punk it's sickening, but he loves (GASP) John Mayer :O. C'mon people.

Originally posted by KosmikFool
Cool, a new Blink CD. I don't care if they're not "real" punk - I like 'em. Especially anything on Dude Ranch and before.

Here's an excellent example.
 
Exactly, thank you, i don't care if you are a punk whatever its just words, i like Blink end of story.
 
Originally posted by TurboSmoke

and punk and pop cannot mix, there is no pop-punk, they are two utterly opposing view points....

I would beg to differ. Punk and pop are able to mix, just like people have taken rap and mixed it with hard rock (two different genres becoming one). Punk-pop bands have taken the pop lyrics and guitar riffs, adding the fast-paced drum beat that could only derive from punk. What genre would you label bands such as Good Charlotte, Sum-41, and New Found Glory? Don't get me wrong, I love punk. The Distillers and Rancid are my two all time favorite bands, but that doesn't mean I hate Blink 182 just because they turn the punk into something more happy and mainstream. Also, songs like "Adam's Song" are not about girlfriends and getting dumped.

Bottom line: I'm not going to get their new album, but I don't dislike them. While there are many genres out there that are considerably better, punk-pop isn't that bad after all.
 
Just got the new album a while ago. Sounds great

Favorite Tracks: 2, 4, and 10
 
Being a true punk i would have to say blink has gone mainstream pop. it disgusts me, but my life will go on. Try listening to Minor Threat or Operation Ivy, you will hear the difference
 
Everyone has got their own opinion. Except yours is wrong and mine is right.
 
Suck.
thumbsdown2.jpg

Originally posted by ebo#1
Being a true punk i would have to say blink has gone mainstream pop. it disgusts me, but my life will go on. Try listening to Minor Threat or Operation Ivy, you will hear the difference
Amen brother. You must admit, Op Ivy are more ska'ish in a way, but still have some punk I guess. Minor Threat require no explanation. Also, try Dead Kennedys or Black Flag.
 
its not that I only like Blink. But I think they kick ass. i also like Disturbed, Korn, System of a Down, Metallica, etc. so it is the rock genre that is great, you know?
 
Back