Blizzard Mountain expansion

• Thread starter jamman39
  • 387 comments
So did they add the ability to put "Horizon" Racing Tires on all cars with this expansion? Because I now put them on non wide body cars.

So did they add the ability to put "Horizon" Racing Tires on all cars with this expansion? Because I now put them on non wide body cars.
Some cars, but not all. From what ones I saw had them added it seems they've been given mostly to Japanese cars, as the GNX and Monte Carlo both didn't have them. Still, it's nice that they expanded the number of cars available with them in the first place.

Yeah, I tried doing a cross country race with the F100 and it sucked. I ended up winning the event in a Range Rover.
Haha same here, except I took the Ford Raptor HE at A800 PI. Lovely car for all the cross country races in the snow. :)

My first impressions here...

Let's get the bad things out of the way first. People said the map was small but I still expected more, like twice as big. I know it's an expansion but still? I expected more of the same progression system and festival expansions. I can see why they changed it but perhaps less motivating. Blizzards may be realistic but the limited visibility quickly got quite irritating.

What's good? It looks and plays great, especially without snow tires fitted. Sliding a personal favorite car around the frozen lake while listening to the classical radio station was a strangely soothing experience as the weather and subzero effects played their part. I look forward to seeing the location and its weather effects at night.

I'll need to try all the cars, but I'm only slightly excited about driving the Delta and Stratos. Some nice surprises may await in the car pack but it's mostly more of the same categories I don't really care for in the main game.

Time will tell whether it's worth the asking price but for now it appears somewhat overpriced. At least it should provide some fitting entertainment during the holidays, so no regrets buying it.

Last edited:
Some cars, but not all. From what ones I saw had them added it seems they've been given mostly to Japanese cars, as the GNX and Monte Carlo both didn't have them. Still, it's nice that they expanded the number of cars available with them in the first place.
I've been able to put them on all my Audis so far. One thing that upsets me though is that the Ken Block Focus can only have off-road/snow tires. That's really annoying especially when the real car was shown running racing tires.

I have my Titan, that's all that matters :)

And when I have snow tires on and go back to Byron Bay, the car goes uber slow. Warren said he would change the tires but I don't see where.

One Question: Is $20 for this DLC worth it? i already paid $100 for this game which makes this along with GT5 the most games i ever spent my money on.

The first Blizzard Mountain Bucket List event (with the weird Polaris truck) is an easy place to get Barrel Rolls too, if you're into that sort of thing.

Already crowned Mountain King. Did as many Speed Traps/Zones, Drift Zones, and Danger Signs as I could, which almost feels like cheating. I justify it because none of the DLC cars are free in my game.

One Question: Is $20 for this DLC worth it? i already paid $100 for this game which makes this along with GT5 the most games i ever spent my money on.
The expansion should take you about 10-15 hours to complete if you focus purely on the races/objectives. Add in the fact that you get 7 new cars, more Achievements and a new environment to play in and I think it's a good deal.

Oh well I give up, says blizzard feature locked, keep playing to unlock it...:(

It looks like you haven't played enough Rik and need to drive to the Redstone Airport area and unlock that piece of Land.

This may help with more detail and map 👍
http://kotaku.com/how-to-get-to-forza-horizon-3s-new-blizzard-mountain-1790069587
refwpwi9dragmgcbpw8b.png

Finally got me mits on this.

Good fun.

I'm currently driving the Lancia Delta S4 Group B, have already driven all 50 roads.

Hot a banner and got stuck on the edge of a cliff >.<

It can't be about the Outback Festival site, I don't have it yet, but I can get to BM just fine.

Maybe it's percentage complete, or just being at the point where you chose your third festival spot?

Not sure if mentioned but the engine sounds echoing against the summit is a nice touch.

It turns out the only cars I wanted in the new car pack aren't what they claim to be. How could Fiat Chrysler approve the Delta S4 Group B and Stratos HF Group 4 when Forza didn't bother doing them right? This decision worries me.

I have to admit, the Lancias are the only disappointments to me. Not in the way they drive, but their modelling; no interior changes at all.

It feels like the rally spec body mods were meant to be Upgrade Hero conversions which weren't finished in time. They then realised they could repurpose them as separate cars.

It's really good from what I've played. I've 3 starred 20 of the 26 races in 2 hours and 15 minutes. In terms of raw career its nothing special but goddamn it's as fun as an arcade racer gets this gen.

What's the consensus opinion of the snow driving physics?

In AWD cars it feels very arcadey. I can do entire racing laps and only touch the brakes 1-3 times, i can aggressively throw my car into corners, drift hard and catch it easily.

In RWD cars it feels incredibly punishing, and a lot more like I expected the expansion to feel like. It's hard to accelerate, hard to decelerate, and difficult to catch drifts

What do you all think of the physics?

Well I bought it aswell, and its not working, so that was a waste for me, maybe because i`m only at about 9% of game completion

Do you think this is why its not working? @torque99

Back