Blizzard Mountain expansion

• Thread starter jamman39
  • 387 comments
Well I bought it aswell, and its not working, so that was a waste for me, maybe because i`m only at about 9% of game completion

Do you think this is why its not working? @torque99
That's weird. Do you really need to unlock (I'm assuming) ´the Outback festival site?

Makes no sense, but you never know.

٢٠١٦١٢١٦_١٢٤٨٥٤.jpg

Well i'm guessing i won't buy any "new" game soon. Is this price the same as the one in US?
Had to change my xbox region from US back to the region where I bought FH3 just to be safe and away from any region locks in case if there's one. PS3/4 have DLC region locks but not sure about XB1.

I'm very disappointed that there's no terrain deformation in the game, could have been an awesome feature.

What's the consensus opinion of the snow driving physics?

In AWD cars it feels very arcadey. I can do entire racing laps and only touch the brakes 1-3 times, i can aggressively throw my car into corners, drift hard and catch it easily.

In RWD cars it feels incredibly punishing, and a lot more like I expected the expansion to feel like. It's hard to accelerate, hard to decelerate, and difficult to catch drifts

What do you all think of the physics?
Honestly, on summer tires, it feels great and with winters it feels similar compared to what I have experienced, maybe a little too much grip but that could also be due to the tires being studded.

I've earned 160/160 stars and it seems that you get gifted a HE RAM Runner truck which is pretty nice.

What's not so nice however is that it seems that the "complete every King of the Mountain Race" achievement is stuck at 96%. Anyone else had this?
Did you do the Kingmaker and all of the post-Kingmakee championships?

Forza Horizon 3 having issues registering tournament and race completion? Never... :rolleyes:

I'm still showing at 62/63 championships on the main game despite having nothing to do on my map. Will never fail to annoy me.

Really not impressed with the Nissan pickup. Got the achievment and went right back to my Raptor. Mind you the WRX is quite nice driving and I like the focus minus the short gears but that is fixable. I think Forzathon glitched cause it said 100k skill chain in surfers paradise yet I got a second s14 during a race on blizzard mountain
The Titan bogs down at low revs far too easily. Has no low-end torque, which is strange for a diesel. It's either it has no balls or the gears are too long. Probably the latter, unusably long gears seem to be a trend in cars nowadays.

It's not unusual for a turbo diesel to bog down in my experience. The torque plateau on graphs will show how much a diesel's torque spikes, with very little before it.

I finished the Kingmaker yesterday. Still have a few events to complete, and a few bonus signs to find. I'll take care of it tonight.

Probably the first time ever I've rage quit in FH3. Trying to accumulate 250K skill points in one of the races is proving to be harder than I expected. Not the amount of points in itself, but with the combination of the Drivatards and the placement of the checkpoints. What a ------- mess.

I know which event you're talking about; took me a solid half an hour of trying, even with dumbing the Drivatar difficulty down to New Racer. The checkpoints in Blizzard Mountain races seem to have far less room for error than the main game, annoyingly.

I really want to get a time trail series started with this snow expansion.

Looking at the tracks I am tempted with Devils Run (I think that's what it's called)

MXH
Probably the first time ever I've rage quit in FH3. Trying to accumulate 250K skill points in one of the races is proving to be harder than I expected. Not the amount of points in itself, but with the combination of the Drivatards and the placement of the checkpoints. What a ------- mess.

I know which event you're talking about; took me a solid half an hour of trying, even with dumbing the Drivatar difficulty down to New Racer. The checkpoints in Blizzard Mountain races seem to have far less room for error than the main game, annoyingly.

I got that Scramble done on the second try. Try drifting to keep the combo going on the straights.

I got that Scramble done on the second try. Try drifting to keep the combo going on the straights.
I annoyingly kept landing on the opponents (even though I slowed down considerably) and always lost my skill chain that I had going on. Either that or missing a checkpoint by and inch. I eventually passed it, along with the rest of the races.

Last edited:
MXH

I got so incredibly lucky on that one, I had just unlocked the perk that makes your multiplier build quicker, and somehow managed to hold a 5x combo long enough to give me like 5x more points than I needed. Then I could focus for the rest of the race on just getting first at all costs.

I can't get enough of this environment. The blizzards, the lighting on the mountain. It's just wonderful. I'm currently just trying out different cars. The Reliant was a good sport and at least those rollovers were a bit softer than on tarmac...

I have been asked a question regarding accessing Blizzard Mountain, but as I got mine by winning a code I couldn't really help.

• This person has completed the regular content in Horizon 3.
  • He bought the Expansion Pass
  • When he goes to the Microsoft Store to download Blizzard Mountain, it's telling him to pay for it.

By my understanding Blizzard Mountain should be "free" for this user, as he bought it in a bundle.

Anyone here experienced this problem or know of a way to resolve it?

He should probably contact Microsoft about that. Expansion Pass worked for me.

Also, I've been spotting your Civic design everywhere :)

I have been asked a question regarding accessing Blizzard Mountain, but as I got mine by winning a code I couldn't really help.

• This person has completed the regular content in Horizon 3.
  • He bought the Expansion Pass
  • When he goes to the Microsoft Store to download Blizzard Mountain, it's telling him to pay for it.

By my understanding Blizzard Mountain should be "free" for this user, as he bought it in a bundle.

Anyone here experienced this problem or know of a way to resolve it?

Hm. The Store was showing me a pricetag on DLC, but when I clicked on it, it started downloading instead of showing me the payment options pop-up. Has he tried doing that?

Besides, isn't the DLC also downloadable from the in-game store? That may solve the issue.

Back