BMW 2-Series & M2

Yeah, that looks like it might be FWD. The stance is all off.

It is, it's based on the same platform as the 2-series Active and Grand Tourers. As well as the bigger Minis. I think all the new sub 3-series BMWs will be FWD from now on. You can tell by the profile where the front wheels are situated somewhat further back then they usually are on a BMW. It's why, in my eyes, the none-hatchback Merc A-classes all look 'off' when compared to their similarly styled bigger siblings.

It is, it's based on the same platform as the 2-series Active and Grand Tourers. As well as the bigger Minis. I think all the new sub 3-series BMWs will be FWD from now on. You can tell by the profile where the front wheels are situated somewhat further back then they usually are on a BMW. It's why, in my eyes, the none-hatchback Merc A-classes all look 'off' when compared to their similarly styled bigger siblings.

FWD 'UKL ' platform currently used for F45/F46 2 Series Active/Gran Tourer, F48/F49 X1, F39 X2, F52 1 Series Sedan, and the Mini Range.

2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) and next 1-er (F40) will also use the same UKL architecture, however, the development codes for the next 2 series coupe, are notably a G prefix (G42/G43), so there's still a reasonable chance that they will remain RWD.

M2 Competition.. 302kW

img_0421-jpg.439168

I actually don't mind it, to me it looks like a 8 Series Gran Coupe that's been in the shrink ray, particularly at the rear with the slim tail lights.

GranCoupe all the cars!

Shame. The GranCoupe cars are usually pretty good looking. Slipz nailed my impression on this though.

I'm willing to see how it goes. It'll probably be redesigned in a year or two anyway. *waits for TCR/WTCR announcement* :D:sly:

The rear boot lid reminds me of an E90 lci.
5EBC5C24-B1E0-4722-AF0E-540CEB23F652.jpeg

The front looks very nice, but I'm getting some Vauxhall Corsa vibes from the back. Not that it is bad looking, but having a similar rear end to something more vanilla dampens the appeal.

Interestingly, the headlights seem to have ditched the traditional angel eyes design and uses a single LED strip like the BMW i3.

The CLA and S3 look so classy compared to the 2 Series. What's even more embarrassing (for the BMW) is that the Audi is going out of production this year. :crazy:

At this stage you'll have to pry my F21 from my dead, cold hands. The body lines on the 1 series are just awful from pretty much every angle and that.. thing isn't really any better. To then give it a 4 pot and haldex (I assume) pretty much wipes out any reason to buy either.

The F cars stood out for being different. BMW have decided to go build what everyone else does and in doing so removed any reason to buy. I wonder if this means the M2/M2C cars will see residuals strengthen given that they won't be replaced ?

I'm now RWD zealot but these G cars are just the worst possible thing BMW could have done

I wonder if this means the M2/M2C cars will see residuals strengthen given that they won't be replaced ?

Apparently the next-gen BMW M2 has been given the green light, it will use a platform similar to the one used on the GR Supra and Z4. The current-gen M2/M2C will probably be heavily coveted though, much like the 1-Series M.

I didn't know that, so the 1 series Mlite car remains 4 pot 4wd, the 2 series Mlite the same, but the "Proper" M is basically a compleely different car?

What a mess.

The F cars stood out for being different. BMW have decided to go build what everyone else does and in doing so removed any reason to buy. I wonder if this means the M2/M2C cars will see residuals strengthen given that they won't be replaced ?

I'm now RWD zealot but these G cars are just the worst possible thing BMW could have done

2 Series Gran Coupe is an F car, in fact pretty much all FWD UKL based BMW's are. All G models are RWD or AWD.

I meant specifically the F20/21/22/23, but you knew that.

No, I didn't because it still makes no sense. F2x 1-er and 2-er have not been superseded by a G anything yet... so which "G cars are just the worst possible thing BMW could have done"?

I used g - to mean the next generation, so just to make clear for you:

The next genenration of 1 & 2 series cars are the worst thing BMW could have done.

Happy now ?

Back