BMW 3-Series (G20) / M3 (G80) / 4-Series / M4

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/showpost.php?p=26709157

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

In the studio shot, that green looks darker than it is, and does a better hiding the hideous details of that front. So if you have to have one, I'm gonna advise buying one in black.

The black & bright blue interior with highlighter yellow is also about as attractive as the grille.
Official-g80m3-g82m4-production-leaked-6.jpg

On first impression, I like the M3 more than the M4. Something about having a more traditional shape makes it appeal to me more.

I also really like the fender flares.

On first impression, I like the M3 more than the M4. Something about having a more traditional shape makes it appeal to me more.

I also really like the fender flares.
Yeah I think the fender flares on the M3 made the M4's look almost non existent.

I was thinking the Sao Paulo Yellow would look as bad if not worse than the Austin Yellow, but it's actually not too bad of a color. At least in the photos. But it looks like such a mess at the front.... Something about the rear quarter panel on the M3 looks weird from the wheel arch, looks like someone just stretched the entire panel, rather than a decently done arch.

Also, I saw the new M440i in person when a rep came to our dealership to train the salespeople on 2021 MY cars and...it's a tiny bit better in person. The rest of the car at least, but yeah, the front end is still not right. The B58 is much quieter now than it was on the 2020 M340i. Unfortunately we weren't allowed to take photos and post them up, despite the fact that the car's already been revealed and journalists are posting up pictures of them. Then again, the rep was driving a pre-production car.

I originally thought that the license plates would help with the look, but they haven't made much of a different for me. I still don't like the front-end design. It's a shame that BMW probably won't do a facelift to fix it though.

The reviews for how it drives will be interesting to watch though.

The grille on the i3 is probably the best modern interpretation of the kidneys. That should have been the direction they went for modernisation. This is just dreadful, full stop.

Ok so here it is, the NEW M3 and M4, it has been said that we only getting, well in the UK, the M3/M4 competition versions, not the standard M3 whatever that may be :confused::lol:. Also we don't get the manual transmission which kinda sucks. Why BMW???

Also that grill has me so confused, but IM sure there is a reason for it, one I kinda found in this video.

Nice insight look into this new chapter for M cars. God, I wish I had a M3 CSL right now. 👍

Some possible solutions

Now, the first one has potential as they could make it look more like the old BMWs from the 30s, but with a modern vibe. Just widen the headlights and it would probably look fine.

However, the second one is my favorite; it looks like a proper big brother to the M2 Coupe.

The front half and rear half look like they were designed by different teams, though that diffuser almost matches the grilles. I think we can safely say this is the worst designed M3 by a mile.

Back