[BMW Demo] How to Remove the Time Limit

• Thread starter VV
  • 178 comments
one question: after doing this in ripkit, I only need the CD to drive BMW on The Ring? Or must I first use the original BMW demo and then change disc?

In the name of Pricer and in my name, thanks for your congrats.
But it's a collective work, so we share them with the others guys who allow it :
bnommensen, Dragonmaster, GRogall, milkmen, tailleur de zon. 👍

This list is sorted by alphabetical order, and you can see there is no nickname beginning with the letter "a" ...
Have fun on the Nordschleife. :cool:

so you can copy a track from the BMW version to the Prologue version :)
i did it with the Capri track,.. and it works..

but is it also posible to copy a Prologue track over a BMW track?? like the italian one "Cita di Aria" or HongKong or the little reace track "Tsukuba".. so you can race it with the new engine.. if you know what i mean? :)

DMotion
so you can copy a track from the BMW version to the Prologue version :)
i did it with the Capri track,.. and it works..

but is it also posible to copy a Prologue track over a BMW track?? like the italian one "Cita di Aria" or HongKong or the little reace track "Tsukuba".. so you can race it with the new engine.. if you know what i mean? :)
I don't know if it works. Perhaps. Try to do it, then tell us if it's ok. ;)

VV>
is the patch.ppf for the DL version of the demo (GEC) or the original?
I am thinking the DL version MAY already remove the dvd-check part
if I apply the patch, it may remove the dvd-check 2 times
is it okay about this?
sorry I have no idea how the ppf actually works

or do you have a patch only remove the time-limit?

PS: thanks for the great technique ... I finally got the JP prologue works on DVDr

I use the swapdisk method.

Question: how do I burn the iso. I burned it with Nero and now there is a file bmw.iso on the cd. This can't work, can it. Should it?

How do I burn the ISO?

When I use the swapmagic CD version 3, what should I use: special or normal boot?

Read the tutorial in the first post, please.
Burn it with MagicIso for example, option "Burn CD with iso file", mode 2/XA, low speed.
And use normal boot with MagicSwap.

yes a bit noobish indeed. But the demo version of MagicIso only burns less than 300 Mb. So I thought I'd try Nero instead. And that did not work for the ISO

@VV
is there any way to change the 120d od 120i car from the BMW Demo with a FAST Prologue Car like the Woodone Supra or the McLaren - to drive a fast lap on the NS. Thanks for answer.
Sorry for bad english - beginner.

NSR500
is there any way to change the 120d od 120i car from the BMW Demo with a FAST Prologue Car like the Woodone Supra or the McLaren - to drive a fast lap on the NS.
I think it's too complicated for me. The data structure has changed between GT4P Pal and the BMW Demo.

never got to say thank you, give my thanks to other people that deserve the credit.
man, i wish BMW had included the M5 as a hidden car or something ^_^.

hi together and greetz from europe!

can ne1 please provide me a dl link to the bmw demo? that would be very nice!

and a "good job" to the guy(s) for killing the time limit :)

please pm me or email me.

thanks tons!
-phazer-

SaintKamus
man, i wish BMW had included the M5 as a hidden car or something ^_^.
For the other BMW cars (M5, M3 GTR, Mac Laren F1, ...), only the polygons are on the disc. The other cars data, used by the physical engine, have been removed by PD ... Dragonmaster has previously posted some pics with the polygons of the M3 GTR put on a 120i.

Hi Help Me!

I followed everything whats on page 1, but my iso is to big. When want to burn it magiciso says: 'Not enough dic space'. My .iso is 1,38 GB. How can I get it smaller?

heh...i already tried to play with using my swapmagic disk, but unfortunetly swapmagic disc doesnt play dvdrip...so i just wasted my 2 blank cds and like 10hours to download them..heh i guess i will just wait for the final game!

Falken Skyline
Hi Help Me!

I followed everything whats on page 1, but my iso is to big. When want to burn it magiciso says: 'Not enough dic space'. My .iso is 1,38 GB. How can I get it smaller?
Perhaps you forgot to do a step ? Do it completely one more time, carefully, since the beginning.
And before burn, check the size of the iso file : it must be 385 652 kb.

nah i went to Q&A in swapmagic site and it say it will not play any dvdrips (i do not have the demo disk with me) i dled the file which was timelimit removed version from someone from this gtplanet

ewitspaul
heh...i already tried to play with using my swapmagic disk, but unfortunetly swapmagic disc doesnt play dvdrip...so i just wasted my 2 blank cds and like 10hours to download them..heh i guess i will just wait for the final game!
If you want to launch a CD, you must use MagicSwap CD to launch it. And if you you want to launch a DVD, you must use MagicSwap ... DVD to launch it. Simple, isn't it ?

Thanks for the info VV, today I finally got the demo. :D Exept I cannot rip the dvd, isn`t a problem though, but I was wondering if there were already some AR2 codes the remove the timelimit? I there aren`t , anybody thinks that they are available shortly?

Best regards,
doblocruiser

VV
For the other BMW cars (M5, M3 GTR, Mac Laren F1, ...), only the polygons are on the disc. The other cars data, used by the physical engine, have been removed by PD ... Dragonmaster has previously posted some pics with the polygons of the M3 GTR put on a 120i.

how I get the polygons on the car??

Back