BMW M4 Released

Happy that they added the M4 and PD probably didn't have time to model the interior yet.
not that i care for the car it self but it give's me hope that PD will add the Lexus RC-F the same whay during the Detroit motor show in January!

Fixed that for you :P

Love the car. For some reason I ended up choosing the yellow/gold color…

Can't say I'm disappointed with the sounds as I don't know what the real M4 sounds like under load, but it sounds like a factory turbocharged 6 cylinder to me making it fairly accurate. No complaints here.

Question is whether it sounds like any of the other cars in the game?

WHOA! I actually mistaken your photos for the real thing @Shirrako, that's nice! :eek: The others photos are also great! It really amazes me how talented folks are here on GTPlanet, such a awesome community. 👍

The BMW M4 Coupe is a seriously awesome car, and I even struggled driving it in the seasonal event. Although, I'm alittle sad it doesn't have a cockpit, but I'm still glad I got it and would still take it even without one anyday. :D

The rear end has been significantly improved from what it was for the M5, what with the flared wheel arches and the better shaped tail lights... much prefer this vehicle!
WHOA! I actually mistaken your photos for the real thing @Shirrako, that's nice! :eek: The others photos are also great! It really amazes me how talented folks are here on GTPlanet, such a awesome community. 👍

The BMW M4 Coupe is a seriously awesome car, and I even struggled driving it in the seasonal event. Although, I'm alittle sad it doesn't have a cockpit, but I'm still glad I got it and would still take it even without one anyday. :D
Also, has anyone else noticed that adds for BMW look very much like the sort of shot from GT ;)

BMW seriously need to patch in nicer exhaust sounds, maybe we'll get that with the 1.02 update? I might start a poll so they'll do what I ask. And the tyre squeal is terrible, like a child squealing! Sounds so much more realistic in Pcars.

/sarc

I'm amazed that the car *NOT HAVING BEEN UNVEILED YET IRL* is seen by some people as not a good enough reason to not have interior view...:banghead: Quite often the interior is the last thing to be revealed, chances are BMW didn't want the interior to be shown before the official unveiling. Exterior pics are often released before the car appears at a car show, purely because the exterior is such a PITA to keep secret during testing.

The rear end has been significantly improved from what it was for the M5, what with the flared wheel arches and the better shaped tail lights... much prefer this vehicle!

You mean M3, not M5 right? The M5 is a larger platform, it's "coupe version" is the M6. This essentially replaces the old M3 coupe. Coupes are now even numbered in the BMW line-up, sedans retain the odd numbers.

I'm amazed that the car *NOT HAVING BEEN UNVEILED YET IRL* is seen by some people as not a good enough reason to not have interior view...:banghead: Quite often the interior is the last thing to be revealed, chances are BMW didn't want the interior to be shown before the official unveiling. Exterior pics are often released before the car appears at a car show, purely because the exterior is such a PITA to keep secret during testing.

The thing is, the interior has also been revealed in the official photos.

BMW-M4_Coupe_2015_800x600_wallpaper_17.jpg

I suspect Polyphony will get that rectified swiftly. At least, I hope so.

Still a great car, though. The easiest car I've drifted in GT6.

Not wishing to burst your bubble, but the car has been unveiled yesterday, with official press photos of the interior available since then.
So yes, I too think it's a bummer not to have an interior view in GT6. And besides, this is an advertisement from BMW. Not a kind gesture from PD. BMW should have all the reason to include their (very nice) interior.

The car itself is quite nice to drive, at least on the Nordschleife. Nürburgring GP, not so much, but I hate that course anyways.

Regards,

Robert

Not wishing to burst your bubble, but the car has been unveiled yesterday, with official press photos of the interior available since then.
So yes, I too think it's a bummer not to have an interior view in GT6. And besides, this is an advertisement from BMW. Not a kind gesture from PD. BMW should have all the reason to include their (very nice) interior.

The car itself is quite nice to drive, at least on the Nordschleife. Nürburgring GP, not so much, but I hate that course anyways.

Regards,

Robert

So within the last 24 hours then. Pics of the exterior have been avaliable for a lot longer.

I think it's still unreasonable to expect an interior at such short notice. I don't blame BMW if they didn't want the interior photographed and analysed at such an early point (and it would have to be an early point to get it in the game in the last few days).

So within the last 24 hours then. Pics of the exterior have been avaliable for a lot longer.
Official pics, good enough for the quality of the model in GT6? Sorry, no. Not available before yesterday as well. Actually, the interior is more similar to a standard (well available) 4 series than the exterior.
And it's absolutely unreasonable to think that BMW did not give PD a car (or all the necessary pictures at least) for creating the in-game model.

I hope the interior just wasn't ready for today and will be added later on. But there is no good reason for it not to have been modelled when the exterior is already so perfectly done. Which makes me think that BMW and/or PD think the interior is not important. Which I somewhat disagree with.

I think PD needs to include the interior as soon as possible but they will probably just wait for the car to be officially released and then include a duplicate car with an interior. Way to boost car count. 👎

So I just took this thing, bone stock, for a few laps around Ascari (ran a 2:17.237) and I just love it! First off, it handles great. It will step out on you if you are not careful, but I could just toss the thing around and it took every bit of it. Second, I honestly don't think anyone has anything to complain about with the sounds on this car. It has that inline-6 tone to it, with a bit of added "whoosh" for being a factory turbo car. Sounds pretty legit to me and I kind of like how it sounds.

Had the same idea! Took it for a run @ Ascari... it feels marvelous.

The BMW M4 Coupé will earn you the speed demon trophy (186mph/300km/h)if you take it to Daytona and do two laps.(it's free after bronzing the seasonal for those who don't have 120,000 CR but earned the National A license).

Last edited:
Lacking an interior doesn't bother me too terribly much. I get a view through the windshield and I don't have to see the movements of the in-game steering wheel not match that of my own. When I get back on I'll get the car and probably be happy with it.

And I am amazed that anyone would play a "simulation" without a wheel and pedals from any view other than interior, so I guess it takes all kinds. With Kaz'z attention to detail I can't believe they are putting new cars in this game without interiors and I sure hope this is not a sign of the way things are going!

Love how it feels around the track, it handles pretty well in stock form. I bronzed it immediately and after two extra laps gold it I could've kept going around the track with it but then I was like wait I'm done...

My opinion? Not really.

A bit similar to the 135i, which should be a bit similar anyway, both use inline-6 cylinder engines with turbo. 👍

An amazing thing I've noticed with this car is that even when things will go bad, like a moment of understeer or oversteer, the car communicates with you with so much detail that you can quickly decide what to do and prevent the disaster. Probably thanks to GT6 physics improvements, but I just felt more with the M4.

Can't believe they didn't do the interior, it just seems so half-baked. Would rather they waited a little longer and release a finished product.

It's a stunning car from the outside though.

It's a sad thing indeed when one is actually surprised when new cars do have an interior.
Looks like PD are lowering the standards of expectations. Yet again.
People assume it's PD's fault, that they are lazy or just didn't care to release a half baked product. I doubt it's any of their doing, maybe BMW doesn't have a finalized interior (despite the released photos) and they didn't want people to see it until they locked it down 100%? I'm sure there's a pretty legitimate explanation. People are freaking out over nothing in my opinion.

People assume it's PD's fault, that they are lazy or just didn't care to release a half baked product. I doubt it's any of their doing, maybe BMW doesn't have a finalized interior (despite the released photos) and they didn't want people to see it until they locked it down 100%? I'm sure there's a pretty legitimate explanation. People are freaking out over nothing in my opinion.

Exactly.

Probably BMW haven't finished the interior combination/options/details for the version that will go on sale then they didn't let PD use it.

Regardless of whose "fault" it is, the in-game reveal just didn't meet expectations.

Back