Boffin's photography gallery - Hello again, old friend(s)

• Thread starter Boffin
  • 293 comments
I'll agree with everyone else, the blue Porsche shot is magnificent. It would make an awesome wallpaper, maybe for my PS3...

I also really like the first shot. And the GT-R screen shot is very creative, as well.

porkk.jpg

kart.jpg

Stunning shots! 👍

I'll agree with everyone else, the blue Porsche shot is magnificent. It would make an awesome wallpaper, maybe for my PS3...

I also really like the first shot. And the GT-R screen shot is very creative, as well.

Thankyou 👍 I shall PM something when I get me some time. :)

Stunning shots! 👍

Killer photos, man. I wish I had noticed this thread earlier! 👍

Thankyou :)👍

Heavens! It's been a long time since I have posted anything. I went to a drift event on Sunday (same one as Syntax), so I'll give you a taste of things to come. I don't have the most time in the world right now, but it's in the process.

Enjoy!

Oranparkdriftnats343.jpg

It is almost like a painting. I like that you shot it vertically, versus horizontally. It makes it different. ^^

Do you think you can edit the sky and the ground separately? I'd like to see it without the sky overexposed so much - even though right now it very much so matches the shot. I'd just like to see.

And no shot of you and Syntax giving the "peace" sign? I'm so disappointed.

Puuh... Loving that picture so much. It looks like a painting, indeed. Liking how the sky is brighter. 👍

Such a shame I didn't see this thread earlier. Very awesome pics!!! I might consider one as my avatar, someday.

Heavens! It's been a long time since I have posted anything. I went to a drift event on Sunday (same one as Syntax), so I'll give you a taste of things to come. I don't have the most time in the world right now, but it's in the process.

Enjoy!

Oranparkdriftnats343.jpg

The sky is so emmerald-turqoise-green-blue looking!! I'd tone green down a bit on this, because composition is very good.

I’ll have to echo what already has been said, it looks like a painting, and the car looks kind of a vector. Can’t wait for the full update 👍

Cheers.

I'm putting up some of my work on redbubble.com. This is not to advertise that, but I'd really like it if you guys could tell me if some of the shots I've put up here are good enough and if so, which ones?

No, I'm not saying I'm the greatest 'toggy here, its just to go fishing for some o' dem money pennies- with the off chance that someone might like something and pay. DSLRs and lenses don't buy themselves.

Also, if anyone here uses it, or a website like it, what sort of mark up do you guys run with?

With this, I'm going to have to semi retract my offer of giving anyone full size copies - but I s'pose I'll deal with those on a pic by pic, circumstance by circumstance nature.

Anyway guys, any help with be....er.....helpful 💡.

Redbubble is pretty cool. You need to really have a certain amount of dedication to sell on that site, but that being said, like anything in life, you get out of it what you put in.

My thought is never to undervalue your work, so mark up well. If you get enough interest from people to buy stuff from you, they will fork out the cash at the end of the day anyway.

Oh and add me as a friend

Ah HA. I knew I'd find someone.

So what...like....30%? Too low, too high?

Any shots you reckon should go up?

I already have the B&W Porsches in a line shot, as well as the Loud Speaker. I also have a light art shot I haven't put up here.

I guess it depends really on what you want to do with it. I usually have mine set to about 500% but if I'm selling a shot through them, I've usually already negotiated a price with the buy before hand. Apart from that, I really only get prints of my shots for myself. The posters are unreal quality and dirt cheap. I get my shots printed in poster and frame it myself, far cheaper than buying the framed shots through them.

All their stuff is great quality and the service is awesome. Quick delivery to Sydney, they print most of their stuff in Horsham so it only takes about 3 days max normal post delivery.

Exams are looming, which is why a build up of shots have been busting to be let out, but they can't because I'm too busy to open the gates. However, 4 cheeky shots managed to escape out of the processing factory, so here they are. There's two each from a couple of outings I intend to upload later. Schools done, the exams are almost done and then after, I got nothin' but time.

F40-1.jpg

Ferrari250-1.jpg

ToyotaCorolla-1.jpg

Driftin-1.jpg

They are a bit blurrey, I only had time to resize in photobucket which, quite frankly, is 🤬

If anyone is feeling a bit light in the head and would like a selection of these photo's made into a 2010 calender, hit me up with a PM with what you'd like. Money is involved as it will run through the previously mentioned site.​

Great set. First and last one are my favorites. I love how you just capture a minimum white, red and black on the first, and the angle of the last one 👍

I really love the simplicity of the first shot. Absolutely beautiful. 👍

The rest are really cool too.... lol I think I have the exact same shot as #3... we must have took those photos at almost the same time.

Exams are looming, which is why a build up of shots have been busting to be let out, but they can't because I'm too busy to open the gates. However, 4 cheeky shots managed to escape out of the processing factory, so here they are. There's two each from a couple of outings I intend to upload later. Schools done, the exams are almost done and then after, I got nothin' but time.

I know what you mean...I have an exam on Monday. I wish I could spend more time straining my eyes on the computer editing...

I don't have any floodgates to open however. XD I'm too particular for that ever to be the case. I always reluctantly show my work.

Can't wait until you have time, because you are just so very good. First one, as mentioned is so simple and artful. And the chaos in the last photograph is just superb.

If anyone is feeling a bit light in the head and would like a selection of these photo's made into a 2010 calender, hit me up with a PM with what you'd like. Money is involved as it will run through the previously mentioned site.

Haha... How very cool. A calendar. ^^ That is a very good idea. There should be an official GTPlanet Photography calendar 2010(1?). Maybe out of the results for the monthly competitions? And maybe a GTPlanet Automotive Photography Calendar. Heh. Sorry, I'm just brainstorming out loud. I like this calendar idea though...if I actually gain possession of some money, I shall let you know. ^^;

Last edited:
Actually - thats a great idea!

12 shots from 12 GTP photographers! Or 2 from 6! Hey, I think you're on to something.

If anyone wants to do that - to showcase one or two of your best works (or indeed APC winners) then sign in here to show interest. Good idea LongbowX!

Thanks all for the kind words and feedback 👍 :D.

Wowser - I'll blow the dust off this album, and inject it with a bit of Christmas cheer.

Was bumming round with the Christmas tree last night. No lights except those off the tree, and no tripod. While the sharpness isn't on par, I think the colours are excellent. The Christmas tree is very impartant in our family. A real one, and we all decorate it together, so much memories and tradition is involved, which I love. The tree is a leviathon this year. About 2.5 tall (disc. stand) and its much denser than usual - with a great shape.

Not much to show, and I simply don't know why I haven't put more stuff up!!!

Here are the shots.

tree016edit.jpg

tree023edit.jpg

I have more - may put them up if people like these ones.

------------------

Also, I got a December round offer (there's no official December round offer - they start in January, so the uni snapped me up quick) into CSU doing a BA of Photography, which I'm wrapped about. The phone interview couldn't have gone worse, so I'm flattered that they saw past that and hand picked me before my results came out by looking at the portfolio. I think thats the best bit, they chose me without knowing what mark I'd get. Anyways - starting in March, looking foreward to it. :D Was good too - because that course was my first preferance.

Back