Borderlands 2

@neema_t Did you ever bother with the OP levels at Digistruct Peak?

I've been there once (on my own so I died after the first set of Loaders), I do want to do it eventually but my original goal was to cap all six characters, do some farming, find a team of good players who wanted to do it then select the best character to synergise with the team then build them to be a pretty good candidate for success.

In reality, I capped Krieg, got bored, took a long break and only recently-ish came back, capped Gaige a few months back and now I'm about to do Zero. I genuinely do want to cap all six before 2016 but having a job now means I can only play more than about two hours at weekends, and most weekends I'd rather see my girlfriend. Also MGS V is nearly here.

Edit: As an aside, the other day I had an idea for a little widget that generates weapons, kind of like Bitcoin mining but for gear, because I don't have enough time to play much any more and, if programmed appropriately, it would sit on the 'somewhat legitimate' side of modding.

I can't work out exactly how it would function - the Gibbed editor uses codes so clearly it would have to be a code generator, but would you have to manually enter the codes? Wouldn't that make it pointless? What sort of 'drop' rate should it have? Is it a random code generator or something else? - but I do know for sure that I'd make it so that it would only drop things I'd actually consider keeping (i.e. purple or better), nothing unique because a) that's a waste of time and b) it defeats the purpose of calling them 'unique' and everything it generates would have to be legitimate, nothing custom. I would like it to be completely out of my hands and not game-breakingly good or useful, just a different way to collect gear without either farming (which is boring), duping (which is kind of a grey area), trading (which doesn't exist any more because of duping) or just using Gibbed to give me all the best stuff.

Does that make sense? Should I look into it further? What would be really cool is if you could make a BL2 simulator where your characters continue to live even when you're not playing by manipulating the saves in an automated way to mimic how you'd accrue XP, money, gear, quest completion and Badass ranks if you were actually playing. I mean, it'd be super cheaty and would ruin the entire point of the game but it'd be cool if you could do it.

Last edited:
I've been there once (on my own so I died after the first set of Loaders), I do want to do it eventually but my original goal was to cap all six characters, do some farming, find a team of good players who wanted to do it then select the best character to synergise with the team then build them to be a pretty good candidate for success.

In reality, I capped Krieg, got bored, took a long break and only recently-ish came back, capped Gaige a few months back and now I'm about to do Zero. I genuinely do want to cap all six before 2016 but having a job now means I can only play more than about two hours at weekends, and most weekends I'd rather see my girlfriend. Also MGS V is nearly here.
Fair enough. I remember your posts back from before taking the break, so yeah, I understand. As people are still playing BL the original (now that they've turned MP back on) I should think that there is no hurry. The new Gearbox BL forums seem to be fairly active too.

Been playing this on the PS4 with the Handsome Collection on PS4. Bought on Digital as it was a good price. Previously played on 360 and PS3. Play the Pre-Sequel a bit as well (had a Level 37 Claptrap on 360).

Not using RogsR34UK for PS Plus (using RogsR35UK on my PS4) restricted my save transfers. Did "create" some high level characters on PS3 to assist with my RogsR34UK game some time ago, so fast levelled some characters for transfer to the PS4 to speed up Normal.

Currently have a Level 40 Psycho.

I am up for multiplayer... if I am on at convenient times!

As the strength of the enemies increases more per level, UVHM gets harder the higher the level. I did get a Level 72 Commando to Sanctuary on UVHM. The Firehawk mission is relatively easy on UVHM as the final part can be done shooting the enemies from where they can't damage you.

So I capped Zero last night, I had a steady stream of level 72s with me - at first three of them joined simultaneously which was a bit weird, apparently I was the only host online at the time... I guess people playing at level 72 are uncommon? - but I had to kick quite a few who were blatant modders, instantly killing everything and turning it into a spectator sport for me and others.

Anyway, as soon as I hit the cap my will to keep playing evaporated again! Mainly because Zero is loaded down with low-level gear and my OCD-like tendency to ensure no gear gets wasted is telling me I should redistribute the gear between my other three characters, but... Bah, I don't know, they've all got quite a lot of good stuff and I really can't be bothered. The fact that one of the pieces of gear is a pearlescent handgun (a Jakobs revolver, I can't remember what it's called) and another is a lv65 Slagga are pretty convincing arguments to be more careful than to just bin everything, though.

I was thinking more about my meta-game idea and I came up with three little projects that could be cool:

1. A player-funded, player-organised loot lottery or raffle.

2. A real-life BL2 fruit machine that somehow hooks into Gibbed to automatically deduct in-game money and deposit winnings.

3. A Borderlands 2 virtual pet! Basically you look after your character when you're not playing and you're rewarded with in-game progress; not only will they level up, but they'll also progress through the story (slowly), gain loot, money and badass ranks. Again that would be hooked in to Gibbed, unless I were to somehow learn to generate BL2 saves directly which is extremely unlikely.

I don't think any of these will realistically happen, but it could be fun.

Maybe this thread might get a bit more activity now that they have announced a Borderlands film has been given the go-ahead recently.

Maybe this thread might get a bit more activity now that they have announced a Borderlands film has been given the go-ahead recently.

They did what? No one liked Borderlands for the plot... Or at least they shouldn't, only really because of Claptrap but still, that's a pretty substantial reason to not like something.

They did what? No one liked Borderlands for the plot... Or at least they shouldn't, only really because of Claptrap but still, that's a pretty substantial reason to not like something.
Yep, no idea yet about what the film will focus on, or if it'll be an animation or live action. Possibly it might be a tie-in to BL3 what with the whole
"There is a war coming..." comment from the Eridian Guardian

I wouldn't be so sure that no one liked the games for their plot. There does seem to be a fair amount of love for the series still out there and it's a one hell of a lot better engagement-wise than some current book bestsellers out there...not that it's difficult with examples such as Fifty Shades of [insert tonal shade here] I know.

Nov. 17th release for PS3 & X360
2960704-bl.jpg

The PC version was patched the other day too, they've added the Community Day cosmetics to the general loot pool which is nice but I haven't had a chance to play for a while, I've been meaning to but MGS V still seems to be mysteriously launching almost by itself every time I go to play something...

I just found out that there was a Borderlands Online game that was set to release sometime this year that has been cancelled due to 2K china is no longer around.
Just thought it should been brought up.

Well the DLC was short and quick.
But I was on TVHM and just did like a speed run.
Few side missions but nothing too crazy.

They do have the rainbow weapons and vehicle.

I am pleasantly surprised with the DLC, it’s good fun to get back into the game. Figured a free add-on to an old game would be half-assed, especially if it’s essentially just a marketing thing for Borderlands 3, but it was actually quite long with many levels.

A few things maybe I am not remembering or they were part of the Telltale story game… but there were characters who died I wasn’t aware of and new characters they introduced in the DLC who suggested I’ve met them before.

Scooter died?! That was genuinely sad. And who the hell is Vaughn?

I am pleasantly surprised with the DLC, it’s good fun to get back into the game. Figured a free add-on to an old game would be half-assed, especially if it’s essentially just a marketing thing for Borderlands 3, but it was actually quite long with many levels.

A few things maybe I am not remembering or they were part of the Telltale story game… but there were characters who died I wasn’t aware of and new characters they introduced in the DLC who suggested I’ve met them before.

Scooter died?! That was genuinely sad. And who the hell is Vaughn?

As @TJ13 pointed out, that is explained in the Telltale game. That game had some pretty special moments, some of whom I've never expericed in gaming. I might've shed a tear or two during the spoiler scene and the Episode 5 intro

Back