Bowtie's Speed Shop : Ultimate Corvette Collection!

I like what you said in the other thread about this, El Camino to be faster than a 63 Corvette. That, should not be possible. That is very true my friend. I like Gran Turismo games and GTS does not come close to be better than GT6, ok GTS is a pretty game and that is all it is and it is a poorly design game.
I have 3 El Camino tunes, 1 at 500pp, 1 at 525pp with camber, and another 525pp without. The 525pp with camber is faster than the 63 Vette without camber. The 500pp is faster than a 500pp 63 Vette. And I have the 500 SS tires to try and give them equal yet extra grip. Even tried the 525s on RS tires. But this is why the way the 63 was modeled on game makes it the biggest disappointment to me. Not so much that the El Camino is that good as the Vette is that bad.

Glad to see you back in 5 and 6, your post about GT5 got me to put it in and play that for a few days. So, thank you.

I have 3 El Camino tunes, 1 at 500pp, 1 at 525pp with camber, and another 525pp without. The 525pp with camber is faster than the 63 Vette without camber. The 500pp is faster than a 500pp 63 Vette. And I have the 500 SS tires to try and give them equal yet extra grip. Even tried the 525s on RS tires. But this is why the way the 63 was modeled on game makes it the biggest disappointment to me. Not so much that the El Camino is that good as the Vette is that bad.

Glad to see you back in 5 and 6, your post about GT5 got me to put it in and play that for a few days. So, thank you.
No problem, one thing I like about GT5 there is a lot of things to do, but I always just keep going back to GT6 for some reason.

Been a long time since I have posted in my garage, but I have not stopped playing GT6. In fact, I have actually edited some tunes and lap time leader boards.

But, I have been toiling around with something I have never done in any GT, REPLICAS. Not necessarily an easy thing thanks to PD programming. BUT I did a few and then got carried away. Loads of Vettes, with the most difficult part being the trans gearing. Severval C7 and C6 versions were difficult, so I concentrated on the lower gears (1-4). Even did an '88 Anniversary Vette, but the trans was impossible to duplicate.

Another issue, was the suspension, particularly on the C7. The model in game has Stingray weight, but Z51 gearing (Z51 is the option code for the performance package). The Z51 does have slightly different dampers, springs and sway bars; but hard to show improvement in game unless you use different tires. The Grand Sport, which is wider and comes with wider/grippier tires was even harder to replicate. Thus, lap times really don't vary as,much as they should, but they are fun, none the less. Even tried adding flat floors. This is what separates this GT from others, the ability to add different aero, lowering a wing as low as possible (or as wide as you wish), and increasing wheel size. Loads of opportunities to find new stuff to do, even off line.

I may post a few, maybe not, not sure yet. But I did test them at Willow along with some other cars. And some other spec tunes as well. You can check the full list here.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...and-5-now-posted.311172/page-31#post-10911882

If you check the list, you will also find tunes listed as "UNLIMITED". These are replicas with full weight reduction, racing brakes, triple plate clutch and carbon shaft installed if not already used. If ballast was added to create the replica, it stayed, keeping that as the starting weight.

Last edited:
Street Spec
Two year ago, I posted tunes labeled as BSS Tunes. They were. C7 Stingrays using real suspension specs (camber and toe) and build like a real world speed shop might build. Mainly, it was just a "tag name" I used so I knew what they were in my garage. Having access to an alignment machine full of specs, it took me to build many cars using similar specs. Thus, Street Spec. How to build:

Stage 2 weight reduction and carbon hood.
Twin-plate clutch and carbon shaft.
Full LSD, base were in around 7/15/10
(plus or minus 2 allowed depending on car built, example - 5/14/8 allowed)
Sports exhaust, sports catalytic converter.
FC trans, but left at default. Just buy and adjust nothing.

Now the suspension, this varied a little but not much from car to car.
1st, ride height. Note the stock height before purchasing FC suspension. After purchase, set height half way between.
For example, if stock was 120mm, FC default was 90mm, set to 105mm. If rear higher than from (such as the C7) then follow that dropping the same amount front and rear.
2nd, springs, slightly stiffen front and rear. When selecting front or rear, when the slider bar appears, above it will be the word front. Slide it to just before the "f" for the front and slightly lower for the rear. Front heavy cars can go lower on the rear. For rear heavy cars such as MR, reverse the rates making the rear higher.
Next, set dampers to either 3/2 ext and comp, or 4/3.
Match the ARB TO DAMPERS!
Finally, set camber and toe to real world spec. Positive camber being 0.0 since we cannot go positive.

And there you go. Street Spec.
I tested as many cars as I could get specs for in the US market. Check the link in the post above for Willow Springs and see how they compared to replicas and tunes.

19359683272_acb5b8914d_z.jpg

AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70

Paint: Alpine White
Rims: American racing VINTAGE TORQUE THRUST inch +1

PP: 525
HP: 497
WEIGHT: 1276kg
WEIGHT DIST: 54:46
TIRE(S): SM-SS

GT Auto:
Oil Change - No
Rigidity Improvement - No
Front Aero - Type A
Wing - no
Flat Floor - no
Other - no

SUSPENSION: Full Custom // Brakes: Racing
RIDE HEIGHT - 115 / 120
SPRINGS - 9.00 / 5.50
COMP - 5 / 4
EXT - 6 / 6
ARB - 4 / 5
CAMBER - 0.0 / 0.0
TOE - -0.12 / 0.08
BRAKES - 5 / 6

TRANS: Full Custom (install all power upgrades first!)
FINAL TO
TOP SPEED TO - 112mph
1ST - 3.550
2ND - 2.400
3RD - 1.720
4TH - 1.315
5TH - 1.075
6TH - n/a
7TH - n/a
FINAL - 3.000
(^^^Adjust f or top speed here)

LSD: Full Custom
INITIAL - 10
ACCEL - 12
DECEL - 10

CLUTCH TYPE: Triple-Plate
CARBON SHAFT: Installed
TORQUE CENTERING DIFF: n/a

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Stage 2
COMPUTER - Sports
EXHAUST - Racing
MANIFOLD - Isometric
CATALYTIC CONVERTER - Sports
INTAKE TUNING - Tuned
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO - n/a
POWER LIMITER - 97.1%

WEIGHT REDUCTION - Stage 3
CARBON HOOD - Body Color
WINDOW WEIGHT - Installed

BALLAST - 0
DOWNFORCE - n/a

NOTE: Similar to the Cuda in the previous post, but not as stable and a little wilder. More Horse power as well. Better on SS tires.
I really enjoyed driving this car for the first time in years my friend using my G29 wheel, today on a few tracks it was a blast to drive :):cheers:.

I have gone back using Exterior View when I am driving now using my G29 because I can see what the whole car is doing, and between Roof Cam view and Exterior view, to me the Exterior view is a bit quicker in my lap time.

I really enjoyed driving this car for the first time in years my friend using my G29 wheel, today on a few tracks it was a blast to drive :):cheers:.

I have gone back using Exterior View when I am driving now using my G29 because I can see what the whole car is doing, and between Roof Cam view and Exterior view, to me the Exterior view is a bit quicker in my lap time.
Glad you enjoyed the ride 👍
Game has been deemed dead for 2 years now with the servers turned off, and some of us still find joy in it :D.
Keep going, it is not dead, I'm having my fill with a ridiculous number of different Vettes. From pp to replica, to my own specs just to see how they compare. Something you cannot do in Sport, and is harder to do in 5. Mainly because the Stingray is not tunable, and I have over 60 of them :dopey::D:drool:

Last edited:
Glad you enjoyed the ride 👍
Game has been deemed dead for 2 years now with the servers turned off, and some of us still find joy in it :D.
Keep going, it is not dead, I'm having my fill with a ridiculous number of different Vettes. From pp to replica, to my own specs just to see how they compare. Something you cannot do in Sport, and is harder to do in 5. Mainly because the Stingray is not tunable, and I have over 60 of them :dopey::D:drool:
To go back and play GT6 and I am really enjoying the game, that tells me that there is something really bad about for GT Sport. If GT Sport had a better career I would have stayed on that game. GTS has a GT League and the category where the cars go for each event is rubbish.
You are right saying GT6 is not dead yet and I am going to keep going on 6, but I do know GT Sport is dead for me at the moment unless something comes along, but I don't think something will make me want to play GTS again.

Wow having 60 Stingrays in your garage and that tells your in love with them all, and they most likely have names as well ;).

To go back and play GT6 and I am really enjoying the game, that tells me that there is something really bad about for GT Sport. If GT Sport had a better career I would have stayed on that game. GTS has a GT League and the category where the cars go for each event is rubbish.
You are right saying GT6 is not dead yet and I am going to keep going on 6, but I do know GT Sport is dead for me at the moment unless something comes along, but I don't think something will make me want to play GTS again.

Wow having 60 Stingrays in your garage and that tells your in love with them all, and they most likely have names as well ;).
Not ALL of them have names (just most because I lose track of which is which sometimes, so I had to label them) but some have 2 settings. Mostly trans changes or weight.
But then there are the 06 Z06 and 09 ZR1, somewhere between 30 and 40 of them.
And I thought of a new "Spec" this morning:crazy::lol::embarrassed:

@Thorin Cain is right, I am a Maniac with a guilty pleasure :dunce:
Or maybe just a crazy obsession :confused:

But it keeps me enjoying the game :dopey:;)

Last edited:
You just got a crazy obsession and I think you really need to see a Doctor ASAP about your problem ;).

I am really enjoying GT6 now :) than GTS between GT Sport & GT6 to me the cars handle a lot better in GT6, and that is another reason I have given up on GT Sport to play GT6. I am still annoyed with myself why I ever brought GT Sport for.

Corvette Stingray (C7) '14

"LTZ"

Paint: Admiral Blue Metallic
Rims: Rays 57Ultimate (silver Chrome)

PP: 525
HP: 393
WEIGHT: 1230kg
WEIGHT DIST: 50:50
TIRE(S): Sports Hard-Soft

GT Auto:
Oil Change - No
Rigidity Improvement - No
Front Aero - Type B
Wing -
Custom Wing (Mount/Wing/Winglet) -
Height/Width -

Flat Floor -
Other - Black Calipers

SUSPENSION: Full Custom // Brakes: Racing
RIDE HEIGHT - 112 / 115
SPRINGS - 8.75 / 11.25
COMP - 5 / 4
EXT - 6 / 4
ARB - 4 / 4
CAMBER - 0.0 / 0.0
TOE - -0.14 / 0.02
BRAKES - 5 / 6

TRANS: Full Custom (install all power upgrades first!)
FINAL TO
TOP SPEED TO - 149
1ST - 2.750
2ND - 1.900
3RD - 1.475
4TH - 1.185
5TH - 0.980
6TH - 0.840
7TH - 0.740
FINAL - 3.800
(^^^Adjust for top speed here)

LSD: Full Custom
INITIAL - 7
ACCEL - 14
DECEL - 12

CLUTCH TYPE: Triple-Plate
CARBON SHAFT: Installed
TORQUE CENTERING DIFF: n/a

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Standard
COMPUTER - Standard
EXHAUST - Standard
MANIFOLD - Standard
CATALYTIC CONVERTER - Standard
INTAKE TUNING - Standard
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO - NO
POWER LIMITER - 86.8%

WEIGHT REDUCTION - Stage 3
CARBON HOOD - Body Color
WINDOW WEIGHT - Installed

BALLAST - 0
DOWNFORCE - n/a

NOTE:
This tune is amazing my friend using my wheel, it hugs the corners like the thing is on rails :):cheers::cheers:.
My Great Capture Screenshot 2020-04-18 16-08-07.png

Good Morning Mr. Bowtie-muscle.
I hope you are keeping safe and well during these very strange and worrying times we are going through.
I noticed that you put a wee"like" on two of the Corvettes that I posted:tup:.
Coming from the "King of Vettes":bowdown: I am greatly flattered by that.
Like yourself , I Can still get a lot of pleasure from GT6 and have found myself going back over older tunes and tweaking things.
Since I now have so much time on my hands I thought I might as well publish some again.......don't know if there are many people looking at them ....but what the heck:lol:
Stay well and keep up the awesome work with your Vettes.:cheers:

Good Morning Mr. Bowtie-muscle.
I hope you are keeping safe and well during these very strange and worrying times we are going through.
I noticed that you put a wee"like" on two of the Corvettes that I posted:tup:.
Coming from the "King of Vettes":bowdown: I am greatly flattered by that.
Like yourself , I Can still get a lot of pleasure from GT6 and have found myself going back over older tunes and tweaking things.
Since I now have so much time on my hands I thought I might as well publish some again.......don't know if there are many people looking at them ....but what the heck:lol:
Stay well and keep up the awesome work with your Vettes.:cheers:
I do enjoy seeing other's versions and appreciate your work. Wanted you to know that at least someone is looking.👍

And I have basically put most tunes in storage except for my ridiculous Vette collection which continues to grow :embarrassed:
Here's an idea (just finished 93 550pp tunes), gather some tunes of any pp, create a point system and then time attack them. After 2 tracks, eliminate the lower point tunes. Then every track there after rinse and repeat. I did 93 tunes, after 2 tracks 23 were eliminated, then the bottom ten in points each track there after for 9 tracks.
That will keep you busy and enjoying different tunes.:dopey:

One more thing, I think I have debunked 3 popular beliefs about GT6.
1. ABS 1 may not always be faster, try 3 or 4 and see.
2. Camber does work, 0.0 is not always faster. The Stingray like 0.5/0.7, the C6 Z06 likes 1.0/1.0. Try it.
3. Rigidity CAN help. The Stingray at higher pp likes it, the C6 Z06 does not really help or hurt, but the 2010 Camaro does not like it.:confused:

Let me know what you think, keep the tunes coming and I will keep looking.:gtpflag:

I do enjoy seeing other's versions and appreciate your work. Wanted you to know that at least someone is looking.👍

And I have basically put most tunes in storage except for my ridiculous Vette collection which continues to grow :embarrassed:
Here's an idea (just finished 93 550pp tunes), gather some tunes of any pp, create a point system and then time attack them. After 2 tracks, eliminate the lower point tunes. Then every track there after rinse and repeat. I did 93 tunes, after 2 tracks 23 were eliminated, then the bottom ten in points each track there after for 9 tracks.
That will keep you busy and enjoying different tunes.:dopey:

One more thing, I think I have debunked 3 popular beliefs about GT6.
1. ABS 1 may not always be faster, try 3 or 4 and see.
2. Camber does work, 0.0 is not always faster. The Stingray like 0.5/0.7, the C6 Z06 likes 1.0/1.0. Try it.
3. Rigidity CAN help. The Stingray at higher pp likes it, the C6 Z06 does not really help or hurt, but the 2010 Camaro does not like it.:confused:

Let me know what you think, keep the tunes coming and I will keep looking.:gtpflag:
ABS 1 may not always be faster, try 3 or 4 and see. I will try this my friend and I will let you know the results.

Latest Posts

Back