Bram Turismo's Gallery | Ferrari F40

Discussion in 'GT5 Photo Mode Galleries' started by Bram Turismo, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Bram Turismo

Bram Turismo Premium

Thanks for stopping by guys! :tup:

Graduated last week, had a big party that evening. Now I'm home and all set for the Le Mans race this year. I might do something Le Mans related or inspired this weekend or next week :tup:

2. Pebb

Pebb

I like the last shot, because of the action.

3. Nato_777

Nato_777 Premium

Nice job with the panaramas - really appreciated the work you put into them. :tup:
    The last group shot has got to be favourite shot though. :bowdown:

4. Bram Turismo

Bram Turismo Premium

Been a long time since I've posted something in here. Might as well keep this gallery alive :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had two more images but apparently I'm over my Imageshack limit. I have some old GT4 stuff that I can remove and probably can free up 3-4 pages :tup:

5. SVX

SVX Premium

Lovely stuff Bram. :drool::tup:

6. NBDESIGNZ

NBDESIGNZ Premium

The 2 last ones are great!

7. Kodje

Kodje

This one is great ! :drool:

8. ShaolinMasta

ShaolinMasta

Amazing ! Love B/W shots :drool: :drool: :drool:

9. Pebb

Pebb

I like the mood in number 3.

10. Crooooooow

Crooooooow Premium

You need to strive more in here. Nice photos!

11. Bram Turismo

Bram Turismo Premium

Update!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Click each thumbnail for the larger images! :tup:

12. NBDESIGNZ

NBDESIGNZ Premium

Lovely SLS set, nice to see some news from ya! ;)

13. Apok

Apok Premium

These pictures annoy me. Every time I post in a gallery I like to give constructive criticism. I try and understand the picture, the composition and the editing. This allows me to understand why I like or dislike the pictures.
    But not these, these pictures I just like. Why? I can't put my finger on it but, while this may be a matter of personal opinion, these pictures feel very unique to me and I really like them for this reason.

Please do keep posting some more. :tup:

14. NP

NP Premium

Beautiful SLS, Bram. What I like most about these pictures is the lighting, shadowing and the softness. On top of that, I like the simple yet appealing presentation - reminds me of the good old GT4 days. ;)

15. MadMoss

MadMoss

Awesome photos, restrained and beautiful! :tup:

16. Bram Turismo

Bram Turismo Premium

I guess there's always room for improvement on my part. Upon viewing other people their galleries I'm always in awe as well, and wishing to be able to perform such a stunning job on tones and color mappings as well. But then when I edit my own images, I still keep going back to my own routine. I did a lot of copying in the GT4 days, but it's nice to have an own style one can get renowned for around here with GT5.

I do seem to go to softness a lot since GT5. I try to aim for realness in my GT5 shots, although I cannot say this SLS update could be considered realistic. There are some locations which really pop out when going with this dreamy atmosphere like Autumn Ring. In this set I used a lot of layers, each with their own blending mode, gradients and opacities. It's a style that I've taken from someone back from GT4, back today I kind of use a custom tweak to this method. I tried to make this set pop, while still being easy on the eyes. I always try not to blow out my whites, but in some shots it seems acceptable with some high values to create a good impression.

When I'm doing realism sets like the 787b set a few pages ago, I always apply a layer with noise and a slight gaussian blur and reduce the opacity. Cameras these days are incredibly detailed, but I still find that imperfect sharpness both creates a realistic image due to a photographer never finding himself in a perfectly set up environment when fast cars are zooming by. And I also do this to try and cover up some flaws in GT5's graphics if there are any.

GT5 does look ridiculously good, though! Got some stuff I've always wanted to try but I've never been a heavy 'chopper within Photoshop.

I might try and do another realism set next, I've already got some sweet shots taken yesterday in addition to the SLS images :tup:

17. Horde_R35

Horde_R35

Nice set and great editing :tup:.

18. GPR

GPR

Been a little while between posts for you hasn't it. (Not that I can talk, gees.)

Interesting set. The soft glow is something not done much around here, certainly gives off a dreamy feel. Some solid compositoning across the set too. Good stuff. :tup:

19. zzz_pt

zzz_pt

^ this. ;)

I usually do not like pictures with this kind of treatment but yours are really well balanced. :tup:

Nice car too :p

20. Kodje

Kodje

Beautiful set :)
    I also subscribe to GPR comment.

21. Bram Turismo

Bram Turismo Premium

Said I was going to do a realism shoot, but I'll keep it for next time. This set turned out quite cold and dark. Cold and dark mood seemed to be what made these photos work in the overcast conditions I had at the track.

I don't really like this set at all as I'm struggling to make this car look good from any angle. It is an incredibly ugly car design after all, guess Photoshop won't do anything about that.

Any way, decided I might as well upload the images to keep this gallery alive :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And with that I'd like to wish everyone here on GTPlanet happy holidays! Feed that belly on Christmas eve and have a good drink on Newyear's eve! :cheers:

22. BkS

BkS

You [not you in particular] never really seem to be able to make the R8 a "happy" car. There isn't any sense of fun around it. It's aggressive looking and more "I'll bite your arm off if you push me too far" and I think this is why your photography along with the editing of the cold tones work perfectly in harmony. :tup:

Really lovely set Bram!

23. TopGearHamster

TopGearHamster

Beautiful set! :tup:

24. NP

NP Premium

Nice set, Bram; the 8th picture looks quite realistic with regard to the composition. :tup:

25. iNs3CuRe

iNs3CuRe

I really like this set Bram, the mood is spot on and Merry Christmas ;) :tup:

26. Kodje

Kodje

I love this kind of athmosphere :) Really great set Bram !

27. Pebb

Pebb

My favourite has to be number 2, because of the angle.

28. Bram Turismo

Bram Turismo Premium

Thanks for stopping by peeps!

Currently trying to complete a 24 hours of Le Mans in GT5 but it's hard to keep it up!

Now that I look back on the last update I don't really like it. I might try and do another realism update in the next update, trying to capture the essence and atmosphere of endurance racing at Le Mans :tup:

29. Bram Turismo

Bram Turismo Premium

[​IMG]

Currently working on the set, probably to be uploaded tomorrow :tup:

30. GPR

GPR

I quite like the preview Bram. Good toning work, it does have sense of realism in a retro/vintage sort of way. :tup: