Bronze Dragon Tuning; Closed indefinitely.

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 441 comments
Hey Pete, thanks for the reply! 👍

I have been watching quite a few You-Tube POV driving videos from Bathurst and it looked like "regular" cars were driving it and I figured that is where your couple of laps came from...lucky dad for sure!

First corner is named Hell Corner...they got that right. You hit the nail on the head, "slow in, fast out with a slightly late apex". I was coming in a wee bit hot and losing speed as everyone was zipping right by me...I am doing better now and I appreciate the tip on the inside/outside kerbs and to rotate the car quickly. 👍

Murray's corner is going to be trouble when I am up on my ghost...I'll wimp out so I don't screw it up. It looks like I am going to be living on this TT so I hope over time, the last corner will become automatic.

Cory is sitting on top of my friends list with an incredible 1:58.598 while I have plenty of room to improve at 2:03.201. While watching my replay, my car looked "damaged" so I took it in and sure enough my rigidity was bad...I hope this will help me improve my time tomorrow.

:cheers:
The Mt.Panorama circuit at Bathurst is a regular road whenever it isn't being used for a car race. One lane eachway & a strictly policed 60 km/h speed limit. As you may have noticed already in the replays, some people are lucky enough to have the track at the end of their driveway.
It's changed a lot over the years - 1938 Australian Grand Prix used it before they laid the bitumen - but is still a magnificent track & I can name 6,213 reasons I love the place.

I decided to take a lap at 37 mph and that is really SLOWWWWW...at least in GT6! I have watched many videos on YouTube and it looks like an amazing place. 👍
I've heard about guys setting the cruise control at 60 km/h and seeing if they can finish the lap. It's all good until they reach Skyline & start the decent through the esses - middle pedal required.
I should also point out that The Dipper (the 2nd left hander in the esses & the one in my avatar pic) was shaved some years ago to make it not such a drop off. Prior to that, it took no effort at all to get the left hand wheels off the deck.
I hope you got Hell Corner sorted. How's the rest of the lap going?

Hi Pete, Hell Corner is about a 3 out of ten at the moment...either enter too fast or too slow. I made HUGE improvements across the mountain top today to finish at 1:59.301. The walls are very close when you are trying to push it and the slightest touch brings the dreaded red lap!

I need to smooth out Griffins bend a bit and carry just a bit more speed around The Cutting and up the hill. Quarry Corner is where I am having problems with just touching the wall but I am starting to find the line...the Esses are super fun and I think I am doing pretty good here with good exit speed over to Forrest's Elbow. I am focusing on a fast exit here for the long Conrod Straight...I have been doing pretty good through The Chase but I need a smoother transition there to carry me to Murray's Corner.

I know I have a 1:58 in me and I hope to continue to improve and give Cory a run but he is likely to be at 1:56.xxx before I can get there...

It really helps to have two fast ghosts in front of me @fordlaser777 & @coryclifford 👍

Hi Pete, Hell Corner is about a 3 out of ten at the moment...either enter too fast or too slow. I made HUGE improvements across the mountain top today to finish at 1:59.301. The walls are very close when you are trying to push it and the slightest touch brings the dreaded red lap!

I need to smooth out Griffins bend a bit and carry just a bit more speed around The Cutting and up the hill. Quarry Corner is where I am having problems with just touching the wall but I am starting to find the line...the Esses are super fun and I think I am doing pretty good here with good exit speed over to Forrest's Elbow. I am focusing on a fast exit here for the long Conrod Straight...I have been doing pretty good through The Chase but I need a smoother transition there to carry me to Murray's Corner.

I know I have a 1:58 in me and I hope to continue to improve and give Cory a run but he is likely to be at 1:56.xxx before I can get there...

It really helps to have two fast ghosts in front of me @fordlaser777 & @coryclifford 👍
Keep up the good work and don't be afraid to skip over to a Free Run & use your own ghost lap to see how different techniques translate on the stopwatch 👍

Thank you to everyone who came here. I had great fun. But during testing of the current FITT event. Something went wrong with my game disk, I think. I can't seem to run any track for more than one lap set, the game crashes out to the PS3 XMB menu when I exit the track back to the track menu. I will continue to attempt to get it working but as of right now, No new tunes will be made. I can load my cars so you may still see some previously unpublished tunes show up.

Thank you to everyone who came here. I had great fun. But during testing of the current FITT event. Something went wrong with my game disk, I think. I can't seem to run any track for more than one lap set, the game crashes out to the PS3 XMB menu when I exit the track back to the track menu. I will continue to attempt to get it working but as of right now, No new tunes will be made. I can load my cars so you may still see some previously unpublished tunes show up.
Didn't want to hit the "like" button. Man that really sucks :(

That's no good my friend. Have you thought about a replacement disc? They're going for as little as $25 at my local Cash Converters.

And the jury has returned. It is the track data on the disk. Downloaded tracks work just fine. So User created tracks, seasonals, and post launch tracks are useable for me.MAYBE the tracks I used prior to this issue will work, but I wont hold my breath as Spa and Trial Mountain both crashed on me.
alrite time to see if I can get all 11 cars done in three days. Should be doable.

And the jury has returned. It is the track data on the disk. Downloaded tracks work just fine. So User created tracks, seasonals, and post launch tracks are useable for me.MAYBE the tracks I used prior to this issue will work, but I wont hold my breath as Spa and Trial Mountain both crashed on me.
alrite time to see if I can get all 11 cars done in three days. Should be doable.
I'm glad you can still use the tracks you've created yourself. Hours spent making that Pikes Peak hasn't gone to waste.
Bummed about your other dramas though.

I'm glad you can still use the tracks you've created yourself. Hours spent making that Pikes Peak hasn't gone to waste.
Bummed about your other dramas though.
Agreed, SSR-11 Is more fun 👍 I need to finish the rebuild of Pikes Peak with a wider track so it's a better drive.
I hope that they patch the game to allow the use of Player made tracks off line you can take some of these tracks out for a drive.

Agreed, SSR-11 Is more fun 👍 I need to finish the rebuild of Pikes Peak with a wider track so it's a better drive.
I hope that they patch the game to allow the use of Player made tracks off line you can take some of these tracks out for a drive.
That would be off the charts & wicked all rolled into one but I'm not holding my breathe :guilty:

That's prolly a good idea. I don't want to see how many different shades of deep purple you would turn.
:lol:

The new job is going well my friend but it's not getting any easier dragging my butt out of bed at 4am :yuck: I've just managed to give myself a massive fright for no reason whatsoever. For some reason, I just woke up thinking I'd slept past the alarm but in reality I'm up & awake 45 mins early :rolleyes:
Oh well, I get to see the start of Good Morning America.

What's your 2J set up?
Right off the top of my head.
65/55
9.20/17.50
3/9
9/3
4/7
0/0
-0.35/-1.00
5/15/15
PL 50%
86kg@35 I think
Transmission is custom
IFG 2.700
TS min
1 3/4 right
2 3/4 right
3 full right
Final 2.500

I'm debating on reducing rear toe to -0.75 for a little less on throttle spin prior to settling but that increases the exit understeer notably

Pretty aggressive suspension settings. I'm a lot lighter with mine. And just blast over the chicane after the tunnel. Not pretty but it works, especially when you get it right.
I might try going down in the springs and see if I can glide the curb for the chican as it stands that's my tripping point for the lap

image.jpg
Tomorrow is May 1st???

Ok So it was 6 new cars not 15 like I thought, at least that I have found right off, some were published in other threads just not here. Life has been busy so I haven't taken care of my garage like I should have been doing. Images to come soon. I just gotta get in the cars go drive and take shots.

Shotaliema Black Panther BRZ
View attachment 519202

Shelby Series One Surper Charged '03 Drive it smooth and hard, Left foot breaking required to get the most of the car.
Audi Quattro S1 Rally Car 15th Anniversary '86
Audi Quattro S1 Rally Car '86 TT

RSC Rally Car TT Harder drive
RSC Rally Car TT Easier drive
RSC Rally Car Race Wet

Subaru
VIZIV GT VGT Race

Ford (AU)
Ford Falcon XR8 2000 FITT entry

Chevrolet
Corvette Stingray (C7) '14 FITT Entry, 2nd in lap time
Corvette Stingray (C7) '14 Rebuilt FITT Tune based on driver feedback.

Well after a few half laps. The Falcon with a High RPM Turbo and 95%ish PL is more than capable of getting gold I just can't hold it together for the entire lap, lack of track knowledge. If the VIZIV could enter it would do fantastic but alas it classed as 4WD and not a FF car.

Back