Bronze Dragon Tuning; Closed indefinitely.

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by Otaliema, Nov 1, 2014.

1. coryclifford

coryclifford

I wish it was that easy.

Otaliema and Bass Addict like this.
  2. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

The Mt.Panorama circuit at Bathurst is a regular road whenever it isn't being used for a car race. One lane eachway & a strictly policed 60 km/h speed limit. As you may have noticed already in the replays, some people are lucky enough to have the track at the end of their driveway.
    It's changed a lot over the years - 1938 Australian Grand Prix used it before they laid the bitumen - but is still a magnificent track & I can name 6,213 reasons I love the place.

3. coryclifford

coryclifford

The girls don't count.

4. Bass Addict

Bass Addict Premium

Oh well...I was hoping that would gain me at least a little time. :O

I know what I got to do...drive better! :idea:

Otaliema and Pete05 like this.
  5. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

Ok for you guys that don't use the metric system, 20,383.86 reasons then :p :D

6. Bass Addict

Bass Addict Premium

I decided to take a lap at 37 mph and that is really SLOWWWWW...at least in GT6! I have watched many videos on YouTube and it looks like an amazing place. :tup:

Pete05 and Otaliema like this.
  7. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

I've heard about guys setting the cruise control at 60 km/h and seeing if they can finish the lap. It's all good until they reach Skyline & start the decent through the esses - middle pedal required.
    I should also point out that The Dipper (the 2nd left hander in the esses & the one in my avatar pic) was shaved some years ago to make it not such a drop off. Prior to that, it took no effort at all to get the left hand wheels off the deck.
    I hope you got Hell Corner sorted. How's the rest of the lap going?

Otaliema and fordlaser777 like this.
  8. Bass Addict

Bass Addict Premium

Hi Pete, Hell Corner is about a 3 out of ten at the moment...either enter too fast or too slow. I made HUGE improvements across the mountain top today to finish at 1:59.301. The walls are very close when you are trying to push it and the slightest touch brings the dreaded red lap!

I need to smooth out Griffins bend a bit and carry just a bit more speed around The Cutting and up the hill. Quarry Corner is where I am having problems with just touching the wall but I am starting to find the line...the Esses are super fun and I think I am doing pretty good here with good exit speed over to Forrest's Elbow. I am focusing on a fast exit here for the long Conrod Straight...I have been doing pretty good through The Chase but I need a smoother transition there to carry me to Murray's Corner.

I know I have a 1:58 in me and I hope to continue to improve and give Cory a run but he is likely to be at 1:56.xxx before I can get there...

It really helps to have two fast ghosts in front of me @fordlaser777 & @coryclifford :tup:

9. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

Keep up the good work and don't be afraid to skip over to a Free Run & use your own ghost lap to see how different techniques translate on the stopwatch :tup:

10. Otaliema

Otaliema

Thank you to everyone who came here. I had great fun. But during testing of the current FITT event. Something went wrong with my game disk, I think. I can't seem to run any track for more than one lap set, the game crashes out to the PS3 XMB menu when I exit the track back to the track menu. I will continue to attempt to get it working but as of right now, No new tunes will be made. I can load my cars so you may still see some previously unpublished tunes show up.

11. Thorin Cain

Thorin Cain Premium

Didn't want to hit the "like" button. Man that really sucks :(

Pete05, Bowtie-muscle and Otaliema like this.
  12. Otaliema

Otaliema

Yeah it does but that's par for the course for me as of late. Things breaking for no reason. At least in the grand scheme of things this is one is not important overall. It's not like my wife, kid, house or car broke :lol:

Pete05, Thorin Cain and Bowtie-muscle like this.
  13. coryclifford

coryclifford

Try washing the disc in soapy water.

Otaliema likes this.
  14. Otaliema

Otaliema

Thinking it might be a thin film of oil on the disk that normal cleaning isn't getting?

Pete05 likes this.
  15. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

That's no good my friend. Have you thought about a replacement disc? They're going for as little as $25 at my local Cash Converters.

Otaliema and Bowtie-muscle like this.
  16. Otaliema

Otaliema

Thought about it. If anything I would do a digital. Nothing to break :lol: @DolHaus made a good suggestion see if the pure download track work, if they do it confirms its a disk if it doesn't than its the HDD.

Pete05, Bowtie-muscle and DolHaus like this.
  17. Otaliema

Otaliema

And the jury has returned. It is the track data on the disk. Downloaded tracks work just fine. So User created tracks, seasonals, and post launch tracks are useable for me.MAYBE the tracks I used prior to this issue will work, but I wont hold my breath as Spa and Trial Mountain both crashed on me.
    alrite time to see if I can get all 11 cars done in three days. Should be doable.

18. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

I'm glad you can still use the tracks you've created yourself. Hours spent making that Pikes Peak hasn't gone to waste.
    Bummed about your other dramas though.

Otaliema and Thorin Cain like this.
  19. Otaliema

Otaliema

Agreed, SSR-11 Is more fun :tup: I need to finish the rebuild of Pikes Peak with a wider track so it's a better drive.
    I hope that they patch the game to allow the use of Player made tracks off line you can take some of these tracks out for a drive.

Pete05 likes this.
  20. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

That would be off the charts & wicked all rolled into one but I'm not holding my breathe :guilty:

Otaliema likes this.
  21. Otaliema

Otaliema

That's prolly a good idea. I don't want to see how many different shades of deep purple you would turn.

Thorin Cain and Pete05 like this.
  22. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

:lol:

The new job is going well my friend but it's not getting any easier dragging my butt out of bed at 4am :yuck: I've just managed to give myself a massive fright for no reason whatsoever. For some reason, I just woke up thinking I'd slept past the alarm but in reality I'm up & awake 45 mins early :rolleyes:
    Oh well, I get to see the start of Good Morning America.

Thorin Cain and Otaliema like this.
  23. coryclifford

coryclifford

What's your 2J set up?

Otaliema likes this.
  24. Otaliema

Otaliema

Right off the top of my head.
    65/55
    9.20/17.50
    3/9
    9/3
    4/7
    0/0
    -0.35/-1.00
    5/15/15
    PL 50%
    86kg@35 I think
    Transmission is custom
    IFG 2.700
    TS min
    1 3/4 right
    2 3/4 right
    3 full right
    Final 2.500

I'm debating on reducing rear toe to -0.75 for a little less on throttle spin prior to settling but that increases the exit understeer notably

Ale67 and Pete05 like this.
  25. coryclifford

coryclifford

Pretty aggressive suspension settings. I'm a lot lighter with mine. And just blast over the chicane after the tunnel. Not pretty but it works, especially when you get it right.

fordlaser777 and Otaliema like this.
  26. Otaliema

Otaliema

I might try going down in the springs and see if I can glide the curb for the chican as it stands that's my tripping point for the lap

Pete05 likes this.
  27. Otaliema

Otaliema

image.jpg Tomorrow is May 1st???

28. Otaliema

Otaliema

So I've got like 8-15 cars ready to be published I just need the time.
    Hopefully a large garage update will happen in the next day or three.

fordlaser777 and Pete05 like this.
  29. Otaliema

Otaliema

Ok So it was 6 new cars not 15 like I thought, at least that I have found right off, some were published in other threads just not here. Life has been busy so I haven't taken care of my garage like I should have been doing. Images to come soon. I just gotta get in the cars go drive and take shots.

Shotaliema Black Panther BRZ
    View attachment 519202

Shelby Series One Surper Charged '03 Drive it smooth and hard, Left foot breaking required to get the most of the car.
    Audi Quattro S1 Rally Car 15th Anniversary '86
    Audi Quattro S1 Rally Car '86 TT

RSC Rally Car TT Harder drive
    RSC Rally Car TT Easier drive
    RSC Rally Car Race Wet

Subaru
    VIZIV GT VGT Race

Ford (AU)
    Ford Falcon XR8 2000 FITT entry

Chevrolet
    Corvette Stingray (C7) '14 FITT Entry, 2nd in lap time
    Corvette Stingray (C7) '14 Rebuilt FITT Tune based on driver feedback.

shaunm80, Bass Addict and Pete05 like this.
  30. Otaliema

Otaliema

Well after a few half laps. The Falcon with a High RPM Turbo and 95%ish PL is more than capable of getting gold I just can't hold it together for the entire lap, lack of track knowledge. If the VIZIV could enter it would do fantastic but alas it classed as 4WD and not a FF car.

Pete05 likes this.