Bronze Dragon Tuning; Closed indefinitely.

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 441 comments
Three make and break corners for the track.
The chicane at the bottom of the hair pins. Miss that and your left short coming into sweeping rounder leading to the tunnel which is the next breaker.
Personal I set wide, and left foot it to the apex wide and floor Devine and drifting out to pull as much speed as I can for the up hill. The dog legs I tap to shave speed to 150 and off throttle it till I clear the bump and than floor it from done right it leaves the next turn practicly straight. The final right hand sweeper at the top of the hill is same general idea as the one leading to the up hill it's just hard cause it's tighter and on top of a hil.

@Pete05 @Otaliema

Thank you so much for all of your advice and tips...it really helped! :bowdown:

I am now a member of the 1:08 club: 1:08.867 with Otaliema's ghost passing me right at the finish line! I have banished the RSC to the stockyard as we just don't get along for sub 1:09 laps. I brought back the Audi and changed the DF, LSD & torque spilt settings a wee bit to produce a slight drift to help me around the three important corners and carry more exit speed.

Let's see if I can catch Otaliema with my old school, "slow" car...:mischievous::mischievous:

@Pete05 @Otaliema

I am now a member of the 1:08 club: 1:08.867 with Otaliema's ghost passing me right at the finish line! I have banished the RSC to the stockyard as we just don't get along for sub 1:09 laps. I brought back the Audi and changed the DF, LSD & torque spilt settings a wee bit to produce a slight drift to help me around the three important corners and carry more exit speed.

Let's see if I can catch Otaliema with my old school, "slow" car...:mischievous::mischievous:
Old school is the best school sometimes

@Pete05 @Otaliema

Your welcome, glad I could help.

Old school is the best school sometimes

You survived another day on top of my friends list...another winning red lap to add to my time sheet but I am getting more consistent with my lap times. I have to be in front of your ghost at the start of the bridge to have any chance and nail all three corners perfectly...I have two out of three down very well but the final right hander has done me in on many laps.

Please stay busy with your upcoming FITT event...I don't need you to lay down a faster lap! :nervous:

You survived another day on top of my friends list...another winning red lap to add to my time sheet but I am getting more consistent with my lap times. I have to be in front of your ghost at the start of the bridge to have any chance and nail all three corners perfectly...I have two out of three down very well but the final right hander has done me in on many laps.

Please stay busy with your upcoming FITT event...I don't need you to lay down a faster lap! :nervous:
Those last two corners are really one tightening corner when you get it right.
As you come out of the tunnel & the right/left chicane that follows, you head into the last braking area uphill so attack, attack & attack some more. Throw the car at the corner & use the slide to slow you enough for part B of the corner and the run to the finish line.
Make sure you hit that final apex though. Every inch you miss that by you have to add to the exit.
Good luck & keep that @Otaliema fella on his toes :mischievous:

A sad, sad day today...:grumpy::(:grumpy:

First, I couldn't catch @Otaliema at Eiger and second, my two month old TM T3PA-Pro pedal set just broke. 🤬 :irked:

I set up my old DFGT set-up but I am very slow with it and I don't want to really learn it all over again...oh well, such is life. I hope TM sends me a replacement in short order...:nervous:

First, I couldn't catch @Otaliema at Eiger and second, my two month old TM T3PA-Pro pedal set just broke. 🤬 :irked:

I set up my old DFGT set-up but I am very slow with it and I don't want to really learn it all over again...oh well, such is life. I hope TM sends me a replacement in short order...:nervous:
Ouch. I hope they replace it with out hassles for you.

Bum deal. The Thrustmaster build quality is a bit crappy it seems.
The quality of everything electronic sucks now a days and costs a ton of $$$

That sucks big time.
I'd tell TM to replace free of charge or you'll spread the word like wildfire.

Thanks guys...:)

I need all the help I can get so I decided to use my end of year bonus to upgrade my 5 year old DFGT wheel and pedals. I ordered a TM T300RS base unit and added the Ferrari 458 Steering Wheel, T3PA Pro Pedal set and a Bodin Load Cell Brake Mod to my existing Playseat. This all works for both the PS3 and PS4...👍

I have improved dramatically over the DFGT system but it has taken a full on effort to learn how to use these improvements on FFB and develop muscle memory with the load cell.

The pedal set is very nice and TM yacks on and on about how much metal they are using in this set but you are only as strong as your weakest link. TM decided to use a plastic gear/spline on the metal shaft of the potentiometer to interface with the metal throttle pedal...metal - plastic - metal doesn't appear to be a good idea. However, it appears the shaft on the potentiometer has seized as I took the plastic gear off the clutch pedal and installed it on the throttle pedal and the gear stripped immediately due to the shaft not rotating.

For any part to fail inside 60 days is not a good thing...I will be asking TM for 6 spare plastic gears as well as a complete new unit. Funny, the brake pedal load cell mod will help the stress on that gear as it is a much more controlled force being applied. I will also add a higher tension spring to the throttle and clutch pedals to help with the forces being transferred through the plastic gear. I hope TM offers such a spring but I am not holding my breath!

Your all metal pedal set is completely reliant on this small, plastic part:

IMG_4710.JPG

That sounds like a very very nice set up.
Sadly unless TM had the pots custom made they will not be very strong, them and 1k resisters are the two things that fail the most often in electronics.
As you said metal and plastic side by side are never good.
Pots are plastic/resin, copper, resistive conductor, copper, plastic. And maybe a touch of aluminum.
So yeah seizing or just failing to respond are very common.
1k resisters just get toasted.

Thanks guys...:)

I need all the help I can get so I decided to use my end of year bonus to upgrade my 5 year old DFGT wheel and pedals. I ordered a TM T300RS base unit and added the Ferrari 458 Steering Wheel, T3PA Pro Pedal set and a Bodin Load Cell Brake Mod to my existing Playseat. This all works for both the PS3 and PS4...👍

I have improved dramatically over the DFGT system but it has taken a full on effort to learn how to use these improvements on FFB and develop muscle memory with the load cell.

The pedal set is very nice and TM yacks on and on about how much metal they are using in this set but you are only as strong as your weakest link. TM decided to use a plastic gear/spline on the metal shaft of the potentiometer to interface with the metal throttle pedal...metal - plastic - metal doesn't appear to be a good idea. However, it appears the shaft on the potentiometer has seized as I took the plastic gear off the clutch pedal and installed it on the throttle pedal and the gear stripped immediately due to the shaft not rotating.

For any part to fail inside 60 days is not a good thing...I will be asking TM for 6 spare plastic gears as well as a complete new unit. Funny, the brake pedal load cell mod will help the stress on that gear as it is a much more controlled force being applied. I will also add a higher tension spring to the throttle and clutch pedals to help with the forces being transferred through the plastic gear. I hope TM offers such a spring but I am not holding my breath!

Your all metal pedal set is completely reliant on this small, plastic part:

View attachment 523054

FWIW, with the load cell mod installed, the brake potentiometer is completely removed from the loop from an electrical standpoint, so you COULD "cannibalize" the brake pot and the plastic gear and re-use those on either the throttle or clutch as needed (essentially, the use of the BLC-T500 Load Cell Mod makes the brake pot and gear "spare" parts that can be re-used on one of the other two pedals if needed).

This is kind of an "unadvertised bonus" that comes when using the BLC-T500 load cell mod, and I believe this also applies to the Ricmotech load cell mod as well.

:cheers:

:gtpflag:

;)

Thanks John...:)

EDIT:
@Otaliema @hall90 Congrats to both of you at the Eiger TT....:bowdown:

I need to make one more run at both of you and since TM reputation is not very speedy repair/replace service, I have ordered another T3PA pedal set to use while I wait for my original set to be fixed/replaced. Then I will have a spare pedal set as back-up...the things I do for my hobby!:embarrassed: :guilty:

I am trying to understand what I need to change on the RSC tune to help me go that little bit faster than the Audi. Much thanks to @hall90 for posting his tune and along with the tune posted by @Otaliema, I am going to find a way to bond with the RSC. I have both of your ghosts available for me to study and I am starting to like chasing "the line". I know the RSC is faster than the Audi and I need to adapt to the faster car...

I will be up and running by March 10th...👍

Last edited:
I will doing my own repair on the TM Pedal set when the warranty replacement part arrives next week. I decided to go this route because I like to fix things and I didn't want to ship the entire unit back to TM and wait up to 4 weeks for the repair and risk shipping damage both ways...I have two Playseats and will eventually upgrade the other system with a TM system for the PS4.

I gave the RSC another chance today and created a hybrid tune with aspects from @Otaliema & @hall90 tunes. I was FINALLY able to bond with this car and unlock the speed...it was so much fun chasing both of their ghosts and I became very consistent with this car. 👍

Final standings on my friends list:

Otaliema 1:08.674
hall90 1:08.676
Me 1:08.677

Pretty close race don't you think??...:)

I will doing my own repair on the TM Pedal set when the warranty replacement part arrives next week. I decided to go this route because I like to fix things and I didn't want to ship the entire unit back to TM and wait up to 4 weeks for the repair and risk shipping damage both ways...I have two Playseats and will eventually upgrade the other system with a TM system for the PS4.

I gave the RSC another chance today and created a hybrid tune with aspects from @Otaliema & @hall90 tunes. I was FINALLY able to bond with this car and unlock the speed...it was so much fun chasing both of their ghosts and I became very consistent with this car. 👍

Final standings on my friends list:

Otaliema 1:08.674
hall90 1:08.676
Me 1:08.677

Pretty close race don't you think??...:)

When you're pretty sure you've found the limits of a car & done the lap of your life, to find yourself 3rd & 0.003 off the pace must have you feeling like where on earth can I find those minuscule 3 thousandths?
Overlaying & watching your 3 laps together & the telementary would be fascinating viewing.

When you're pretty sure you've found the limits of a car & done the lap of your life, to find yourself 3rd & 0.003 off the pace must have you feeling like where on earth can I find those minuscule 3 thousandths?
Overlaying & watching your 3 laps together & the telementary would be fascinating viewing.
I know that feeling. -_-
Yes I bet it would be super interesting see were we each lost and gained time.

Edit friggin auto incorrect

Last edited:
I just wanted to stop on in and thank @Otaliema, @Pete05 & @fordlaser777 👍....you guys helped me achieve my highest finish on a TT. I finished at 196 (+1.675) and if it wasn't for the super alien Ilias, I would have reach my goal of +1.500 seconds or less.

I really appreciate the community here at GTPlanet and I look forward to the next two TTs...:bowdown:

Awesome work my friend.
The new one at Bahurst is going to be a ride.
I have a TT ZZII built for Suzuka so it should be competitive right out of the gate. It might need a new transmission for the downhill.

I just wanted to stop on in and thank @Otaliema, @Pete05 & @fordlaser777 👍....you guys helped me achieve my highest finish on a TT. I finished at 196 (+1.675) and if it wasn't for the super alien Ilias, I would have reach my goal of +1.500 seconds or less.

I really appreciate the community here at GTPlanet and I look forward to the next two TTs...:bowdown:

@Bass Addict I'm glad I could help in anyway possible.
If you're going to have a crack at the Bathurst TT, feel free to pick my brains should you be having any problems.
I've driven a few laps there.

@Bass Addict I'm glad I could help in anyway possible.
If you're going to have a crack at the Bathurst TT, feel free to pick my brains should you be having any problems.
I've driven a few laps there.

WOW...that is so cool that you have driven there! 👍

I am going to be a pest because this track is tough! How about we start with the first left-hander? I am very slow through this first corner and all of my friend's ghosts are WAY ahead of me. :boggled:

Thanks Pete!!

WOW...that is so cool that you have driven there! 👍

I am going to be a pest because this track is tough! How about we start with the first left-hander? I am very slow through this first corner and all of my friend's ghosts are WAY ahead of me. :boggled:

Thanks Pete!!

Sorry for the misunderstanding my friend but when I said I'd driven a few laps there, I meant on GT6. It's about a 10 hour drive from where I live in Melbourne but I'll get to cut a few laps there sometime. One thing that drives me nuts is, my Dad has driven a lap of the track when he was local some years ago & he isn't even interested in motorsport :crazy:

The first corner, known as Hell Corner, is one of the most vital corners on the whole track as it determines your speed on the long climb up Mountain Straight. It looks just like any other garden variety 90 degree left but you can't touch the inside kerb/ripple strip or it'll upset the car too much. The outside kerb is another story and is there to be used & will help open up your exit. Don't run wide off that though or it's lap over :banghead:
One word of warning about the in game driving line at Bathurst. Like at many other tracks, it lies to you so use it with caution if you do. I have a mate that gets all upset over not being able to trust it but he needs to use it as a reminder/ brain replacement because he fried his grey matter with drugs :boggled:
My pointers for Hell:
First of all, a good clean run out of the last corner, Murray's will set you up for the whole approach to Hell so that's the first priority. If you're behind your friends before you even reach Hell then you're starting behind the right ball already.
Slow in, fast out, slightly late apex.
Get the car rotated ASAP & fire off the exit as best you can.
Good luck & hopefully you're closer to those ghosts 👍

Hey Pete, thanks for the reply! 👍

I have been watching quite a few You-Tube POV driving videos from Bathurst and it looked like "regular" cars were driving it and I figured that is where your couple of laps came from...lucky dad for sure!

First corner is named Hell Corner...they got that right. You hit the nail on the head, "slow in, fast out with a slightly late apex". I was coming in a wee bit hot and losing speed as everyone was zipping right by me...I am doing better now and I appreciate the tip on the inside/outside kerbs and to rotate the car quickly. 👍

Murray's corner is going to be trouble when I am up on my ghost...I'll wimp out so I don't screw it up. It looks like I am going to be living on this TT so I hope over time, the last corner will become automatic.

Cory is sitting on top of my friends list with an incredible 1:58.598 while I have plenty of room to improve at 2:03.201. While watching my replay, my car looked "damaged" so I took it in and sure enough my rigidity was bad...I hope this will help me improve my time tomorrow.

Back