Bronze Dragon Tuning; Closed indefinitely.

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 441 comments
I don't know what browser he has, but on my iPhone I just see [ IMG ] 3 times.

That's exactly what I've been saying.

Ok I've identified the issue. But I can't seem to fix it from my phone. Gonna keep trying. I need to download the images and upload them to the post rather than linking to the images from the PM that @shaumn80 sent them to me originally.
Pete were you able to see them in the CoTM thread?

Ok I've identified the issue. But I can't seem to fix it from my phone. Gonna keep trying. I need to download the images and upload them to the post rather than linking to the images from the PM that @shaumn80 sent them to me originally.
Pete were you able to see them in the CoTM thread?
I haven't gone looking for them in the CoTM thread.
No dramas mate.

I just tried your 15th Anniversary Audio Quattro S1 rally Car, I found it slower than mine sorry mate, I thought your car would be faster than mine and it must be my driving style, anyway I have gone a little bit quicker now with my tune.

I just tried your 15th Anniversary Audio Quattro S1 rally Car, I found it slower than mine sorry mate, I thought your car would be faster than mine and it must be my driving style, anyway I have gone a little bit quicker now with my tune.
Is the Audio Quattro S1 the special model with 4 speaker stereo or does it have a kick ass exhaust :P :D

Yes it does have that and a full surround sound sytem, interior is excellent with mags and no rust, if you want to buy it give me $32000 and it yours.
Have you seen Stewart Reid's example that he runs in the historic division of the Australian Rally Championship?
Unbelievably mad, totally bonkers car & a very brave driver.

No worries. Your style and mine are pretty different from I've gathered over the last year. Earily to entry only braking is the main difference I think you are a trail breaker and I'm not.
Any case 1:10.084 with lots left on the track. Making some undocumented changes and going again. :mischievous:

Quatrro001.jpg
Quatrro002.jpg
Quatrro003.jpg

Audi Quattro S1 Rally Car '86 Seaonal TT Tune. I updated the Ani car to the regular one as it's a tad faster around the track. This is a sub 1:10 car. Have fun and good luck everyone.

After a full day with this car & track, I was FINALLY ahead of your ghost and posted a 1:08.800...only to notice that the color was in RED...:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I was so focused on your ghost, I guess I left the track somewhere but never registered it or the previous lap was my undoing...oh well, I know I can do it! :boggled:

After a full day with this car & track, I was FINALLY ahead of your ghost and posted a 1:08.800...only to notice that the color was in RED...:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I was so focused on your ghost, I guess I left the track somewhere but never registered it or the previous lap was my undoing...oh well, I know I can do it! :boggled:
I know that feeling....You did it once you can do it again. If you get frustrated with it take a break, go drive the efinte RX-7 for the current FITT event and get used to it's MPD at different PP levels.

RX-7 for the current FITT event and get used to it's MPD at different PP levels.

I think I found a setting that exhibits the same characteristics across the range. Maybe.

What's more important is that you have your head in the right place for driving it at the varying PP level.

...If you get frustrated with it take a break.

Yep, I am done for the evening. I was changing back and forth between your Audi & Toyota...I really wish I could merge these two cars into one. I am much better with Audi on certain sections of the course but the Toyota has the potential to give me the fastest overall lap. My current time is 1:09.005 set with the Audi but the Toyota has the fast red lap...decisions, decisions.

I have parked the RSC deep in my garage after a stern talking to...:lol: Tomorrow the 1:08 club! :mischievous:

I am looking forward to your FITT challenge! 👍

:cheers:

Yep, I am done for the evening. I was changing back and forth between your Audi & Toyota...I really wish I could merge these two cars into one. I am much better with Audi on certain sections of the course but the Toyota has the potential to give me the fastest overall lap. My current time is 1:09.005 set with the Audi but the Toyota has the fast red lap...decisions, decisions.

I have parked the RSC deep in my garage after a stern talking to...:lol: Tomorrow the 1:08 club! :mischievous:

I am looking forward to your FITT challenge! 👍

:cheers:
Analyze the lap in each car and where exactly each car is at its strongest/weakest. What corners are the critical ones that determine your speed through the following section.
Start to tune the car(s) to be better in its weak area & hopefully that won't take too much away from its strong area.
Just like in the real world, race car setup is often a compromise: beautiful in some areas, a pig on a trolley in others.

Analyze the lap in each car and where exactly each car is at its strongest/weakest.

Great advice! I will do that tomorrow...👍

My biggest problem, in both cars, is at the bottom of the track with the big sweeping right hander before the tunnel and the climb back up...I am losing speed on corner exit and that hurts me the rest of the way.

My biggest problem, in both cars, is at the bottom of the track with the big sweeping right hander before the tunnel and the climb back up...I am losing speed on corner exit and that hurts me the rest of the way.
When I am on PS3 later, I will send you a friends request is that ok.

The best advice I can give you there is to watch the replays from the top guys to get a line. The dog leg after the tunnel can be cleared at 145-147 km/h in the RSC and 140-142 in the Audi.

That's arguably the most vital corner of the whole lap as it determines your speed up a hill & for the longest period of 100% throttle.
I always late apex this corner & aim for the straightest drive off the turn as possible. The sooner you can start to unwind the steering lock, the sooner you'll be able to go full throttle without compromising traction.
Alternatively, see if you can tweak the settings to gain drive without hurting your existing rotation as that'll then hurt you through those mega tight hairpins.
Advice: make notes of whatever changes you make so you don't get lost & use the ghost car to see where your changes are making or losing time.

Back