Bronze Dragon Tuning; Closed indefinitely.

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 441 comments
View attachment 270830
McClaren MP4-12C '10 Endurance tune added to the mix brought it back out and fined tuned it for 1.14 from 1.10. was made to take on 20 miles of Willow Springs.
ArticleSharedImage-27121.jpg

A Day At The Races Song List:
1. Bad Day At Willow Springs
2. What’s The Matter With You
3. Sorry Camber Left You
4. Where Have All The Turtles Gone
5. Too Much of a Good Thing

Super – Willow Springs 20-Mile Challenge

1. “A Bad Day At Willow Springs
Here I am getting ready to knock the s… out of the competition, there’s no way I can’t win since I’ve won here with a bunch of 550PP MP4’s before. I’ve decided to go MT because I need to practice this and the last race I did this here it worked out real well. After two starts I quit, the car is unstable especially on the long curve going back to the finish line. Coming out of the hills it’s over jumpy and real hard to control. Checked to see that I entered all the setup values correctly, looks fine.

2.“What’s The Matter With You
I thought I couldn’t possibly write a review of this car, there’s no way it could be this bad, thought of asking
@Thorin Cain to try it just to make sure I was not the only one seeing how bad this was, but before let’s take it out one more time. Decided to go back to AT, maybe I’m not shifting properly, tire wear is disturbing, car still handles like …. Like … like if it was on bicycle wheels.

3.“Sorry Camber Left You
Well everything was setup properly except camber was still at 10/10 from our previous challenge (Camber-bear anyone?), funny no? Well not really, so let’s try it and pray I don’t have to make up an excuse why I couldn’t do this review. You of all people know how easy it is take candy from a child, right :yuck:? Well it was the case here, pitted after 4 laps in first and cruised to victory. Smooth ride, easy to control, very fast, maybe a bit too fast, I’m not that greedy for speed.

Tire wear
Laps 1-4
Front : 6/8
Rear : 3/6

Laps 5-8
Rear : 4/7

Int.B – Tuned Car Festival – Daytona Road Course

4. “Where Have All The Turtles Gone
After the second hairpin curve I was first, so what do we do know? Let’s try lapping them, it didn’t work. This car loves long fast curves, it’s an addiction it has, not a bad one though. Still smooth and easy to control the only problem is you go to fast to be able to read the side panels. Super easy.

Int.A – 600PP World Touring Car Championship – Tokyo R246

5."Too Much Of A Good Thing"
This car has more power than it can handle, especially in curves, so you need to throttle here with ease. Super fast on the straight a way’s but had trouble keeping up in the curves, of course this is a GT race and all those cars have proper aero kits installed and this one has only a partial kit available. I really like the handling, but I find it’s to powerful for the down force that it receives, On the long straight on this track you have to ease up on the gas at the small bend or you’ll have a good chance at becoming a Sushi dish. Oh yes I did win.

Great job senor 👍, it was a pleasure retrying this on proper tracks, I hope the kids have left you a small amount of time to play with your xmas gift :lol:.

View attachment 284365
A Day At The Races Song List:
1. Bad Day At Willow Springs
2. What’s The Matter With You
3. Sorry Camber Left You
4. Where Have All The Turtles Gone
5. Too Much of a Good Thing

Super – Willow Springs 20-Mile Challenge

1. “A Bad Day At Willow Springs
Here I am getting ready to knock the s… out of the competition, there’s no way I can’t win since I’ve won here with a bunch of 550PP MP4’s before. I’ve decided to go MT because I need to practice this and the last race I did this here it worked out real well. After two starts I quit, the car is unstable especially on the long curve going back to the finish line. Coming out of the hills it’s over jumpy and real hard to control. Checked to see that I entered all the setup values correctly, looks fine.

2.“What’s The Matter With You
I thought I couldn’t possibly write a review of this car, there’s no way it could be this bad, thought of asking
@Thorin Cain to try it just to make sure I was not the only one seeing how bad this was, but before let’s take it out one more time. Decided to go back to AT, maybe I’m not shifting properly, tire wear is disturbing, car still handles like …. Like … like if it was on bicycle wheels.

3.“Sorry Camber Left You
Well everything was setup properly except camber was still at 10/10 from our previous challenge (Camber-bear anyone?), funny no? Well not really, so let’s try it and pray I don’t have to make up an excuse why I couldn’t do this review. You of all people know how easy it is take candy from a child, right :yuck:? Well it was the case here, pitted after 4 laps in first and cruised to victory. Smooth ride, easy to control, very fast, maybe a bit too fast, I’m not that greedy for speed.

Tire wear
Laps 1-4
Rear : 3/6

Laps 5-8
Rear : 4/7

Int.B – Tuned Car Festival – Daytona Road Course

4. “Where Have All The Turtles Gone
After the second hairpin curve I was first, so what do we do know? Let’s try lapping them, it didn’t work. This car loves long fast curves, it’s an addiction it has, not a bad one though. Still smooth and easy to control the only problem is you go to fast to be able to read the side panels. Super easy.

Int.A – 600PP World Touring Car Championship – Tokyo R246

5."Too Much Of A Good Thing"
This car has more power than it can handle, especially in curves, so you need to throttle here with ease. Super fast on the straight a way’s but had trouble keeping up in the curves, of course this is a GT race and all those cars have proper aero kits installed and this one has only a partial kit available. I really like the handling, but I find it’s to powerful for the down force that it receives, On the long straight on this track you have to ease up on the gas at the small bend or you’ll have a good chance at becoming a Sushi dish. Oh yes I did win.

Great job senor 👍, it was a pleasure retrying this on proper tracks, I hope the kids have left you a small amount of time to play with your xmas gift :lol:.
Sounds like you had a blast with it. I will post a detuned 600 here at some point once I learn to use my new toy haven't fad the chance yet. I'll maybe get a chance Monday I hope. Have your tried slapping some RH or RM tires on it see how it takes to racing tires?

Sounds like you had a blast with it. I will post a detuned 600 here at some point once I learn to use my new toy haven't fad the chance yet. I'll maybe get a chance Monday I hope. Have your tried slapping some RH or RM tires on it see how it takes to racing tires?
I think the WTCC 600PP race was on race hard, at work now so I can`t check, but I will when I get home and tell you. And yes it was a blast, but I was truely in panic mode when the car was set with 10/10 camber and I couldn`t make out what was going wrong. I hate the computer at work, it underlines everything that I write so I can`t tell if I`m making a grammmmmmmmaaar mistake. :cheers:

I hate the computer at work, it underlines everything that I write so I can`t tell if I`m making a grammmmmmmmaaar m
Sounds like it's spell and grammer checker is set wrong. Or they are trying to tell you something :lol: either way you have few mistakes than I do. I hate the auto incorrect that Apple has, it tries to guess and fails 80% of the time.

Well I got a wheel for solstice so I'm spending all of my time learning how to drive with it so I won't be posting any tunes for a while other than FITT challenege tunes till I've go the hang of this wheel and can tune with it lots of new sensory information to learn about and what they mean so bear with me. I also gotta build a stand the folding table I'm using is not cutting it too light and unstable

Last edited:
Is it weird that I'd have more fun designing and building the stand than I would using the wheel ?
Not nessairly a bad thing the wheel is a trip. I think you would like it once you got used to it, the first few dozen laps at a nightmare:lol:
A new wheel, good for you and good luck. Here is a list of a few wheel stands which you may be able to pick apart and help you in making your own.

Wheel Stands, Racing Rigs Cockpits, Pedals, Wheels. Master List
That is a massive list of stands and cockpits wow thank you sir I'll have a look at them. I've done some digging found a couple of colapsabile stands online already but I'm open to more options they where not the pretty things.

Well I got a wheel for solstice so I'm spending all of my time learning how to drive with it so I won't be posting any tunes for a while other than FITT challenege tunes till I've go the hang of this wheel and can tune with it lots of new sensory information to learn about and what they mean so bear with me. I also gotta build a stand the folding table I'm using is not cutting it too light and unstable
Great news! Don`t forget that the seat is just as important as the wheel stand, and they have to combine so you can see the HUD on the screen. Sounds obvious I know. But it wasn`t to me...............:dopey:👍

Great news! Don`t forget that the seat is just as important as the wheel stand, and they have to combine so you can see the HUD on the screen. Sounds obvious I know. But it wasn`t to me...............:dopey:👍
Due to space limits I need a colapsabile stand and my seat is my couch lol. I also have to consider that my son wants to drive it so I need it have space for him to sit on my lap.
Watching my son drive a car is like watching a train wreck you want to look away but you can't :lol: he has done pretty well so far the FF tossed him for a loop the first time. "Daddy this wheel is going crazy?!" As he is driving around the grass at Silverstone:lol: not a bad lap time of 8:35.456 for four years old. I did a lap in 1.02:349 not bad for a 382 PP car track the Stowe

Hi,

For portability, you can not beat a Playseat Challenge. They are a foldable, comfortable seat, wheel stand, and pedal stand all in one.

At $250 dollars, they are pricey but they might also provide some DIY ideas for you to go with also.

Hi,

For portability, you can not beat a Playseat Challenge. They are a foldable, comfortable seat, wheel stand, and pedal stand all in one.

At $250 dollars, they are pricey but they might also provide some DIY ideas for you to go with also.
Thank you on the idea i'll look at them see if it's something that I could possibility do.

Ok so Ive gotten brave and updated my OLD FITT tune from last year that @DigitalBaka hosted. Ford GT40 Mark I '66 I updated it to 1.15 and used my wheel ffor tuning it. Overhauls include, camber, transmission, and LSD, and some suspension work. I'll post the original updated FITT tune later.

Intermediate Level Classic Muscle Car (550PP) Seasonal Winner! 👍

--------------------------------
1st place AI - Shelby Cobra
2nd place AI - GT40' 66
--------------------------------

The car is super fun to drive, despite we all know the GT40 is not the easiest car to drive in GT6! When driven properly, it has a nice mechanical grip and excelente agility...

Review:

Super fast and agile, even with 1200Kgs... Great mechanical grip, agility and speed. Noticed that the best way to drive it is smooth steering and desacceleration. No need to push it too much to get to 1st place...

No understeer on mid-cornering and respective acceleration, it gave a good feeling of the car to avoid arriving corners all crazy!

Gearbox/ratios well balanced and on the right revs, just needs to be aware of that loooong 2nd gear... :lol:

Some tyre pressure noticed (visual red), but did not disturbed the car handling (understeer). Still have to say that maybe it performed nicely due to the fact that the seasonal is held on a fast track (Willow S).

Overall:

Great tune! Makes the car very controllable and more safe/fun to drive. Using SS tyres is probably getting the best of the car. Great update Mr. O! 👍

Last edited:
On more slower/turny tracks may not perform that good...

Overall:

Great tune! Makes the car very controllable and more safe/fun to drive. Using SS tyres is probably getting the best of the car. Great update Mr. O! 👍
Thank you sir.
I actually finalized the tune at trial mountian so it can do twisty pretty well take for a spin else where see how it goes :) good to see the understeer warning I tried to build in is working, let's you know your doing something it don't like with a bit of understeer and allow you to recover with te over steer that the car has.

Thank you sir.
I actually finalized the tune at trial mountian so it can do twisty pretty well take for a spin else where see how it goes :)

👍 TY! Fixed the review. :)

good to see the understeer warning I tried to build in is working, let's you know your doing something it don't like with a bit of understeer and allow you to recover with te over steer that the car has.

Indeed. The absence of understeer was the thing I enjoyed the most. A nice surprise! 👍

Hey what do ya know two TT' tunes in a row! :lol:
Hey this one has got a lot more speed in it than my 1:08.5 is showing I botched the last turn and had to lift off coming out of the tunnel so cost me a bunch of time.
Lotus Elise 111R '04
Enjoy the drive be mindful of the power and speed it's a quick bugger.

Updated with Impreza Sedan WRX STI '10 for the rally seasonal at Toscona.
It's a bit of a odd dirt tune. Don't try and drift it treat it like a tarmac tune on dirt so adjust breaking distance, roration is spot on at low speed and it will hold an angle for a medium speed turn at full throttle.

Hey what do ya know two TT' tunes in a row! :lol:
Hey this one has got a lot more speed in it than my 1:08.5 is showing I botched the last turn and had to lift off coming out of the tunnel so cost me a bunch of time.
Lotus Elise 111R '04
Enjoy the drive be mindful of the power and speed it's a quick bugger.

I got gold with that car too! 👍 It's a great car to drive. Try it at the Autumn Ring Challenge, I beat the Zonda with it :odd: :D

Just popped by to congratulate you on your FITT: Blind Tuning Challenge Win. :cheers:

I've not tried a lot of the entries yet but I'm getting to them :mischievous: I was secretly hoping you had went with the Lexus, the BRZ was the best choice though:tup: I don't suppose you have the IS sitting back there somewhere do you?
Thank you sir. :cheers:

I do not have a finished tune. I have a mostly done tune it was a toss between them. MR drive trains are are my weakness in tuning can never seem to get them to handle the way I want.
Just trying to get back into the swing of life after two weeks of everyone being sick in this house.

Glad you're all getting back to normal 👍

Ah well, just thought I'd ask. I found the Lexus was pretty cool, it had bags of grip in stock form. A lot more stable than I expected from an MR racer.

Well I should really be off, got work to do on my biggest weakness, 4WDs :(

Hope you all have a good weekend. :)
:cheers:

Thank you sir. :cheers:

I do not have a finished tune. I have a mostly done tune it was a toss between them. MR drive trains are are my weakness in tuning can never seem to get them to handle the way I want.
Just trying to get back into the swing of life after two weeks of everyone being sick in this house.
I'm currently working on an MR and got it to handle pretty well (90% done with it) but I need a better transmission. Automatic transmissions and hills don't mix! Might have to pick your brain on it.

Glad you're all getting back to normal 👍

Ah well, just thought I'd ask. I found the Lexus was pretty cool, it had bags of grip in stock form. A lot more stable than I expected from an MR racer.

Well I should really be off, got work to do on my biggest weakness, 4WDs :(

Hope you all have a good weekend. :)
:cheers:
Lots of toe!
Drive it stock, see what end needs the work and get that end rotating, than stabilize the other end.

I'm currently working on an MR and got it to handle pretty well (90% done with it) but I need a better transmission. Automatic transmissions and hills don't mix! Might have to pick your brain on it.
Drop me a PM.

5-jpg.303775

FITT and general Race tune for the BRZ GT300 @ 500PP have been added to the line up.
1:29.xxx times doable with the general tune at Trial Mountain. So it's quick and stable. You can keep your foot in it most of the time. The car has more grip than sense 👍 But it will remind you it's a rear wheel drive car if you jump on in a slower turn.

You are missing bits of information on your refined GSX-R/4 tune (Refined). The weight is only 82kgs? thats very light, even by F1 standards :) and whats the rear dampers compression? Many thanks.

Back