<- BTCC-7 -> Ian_83 is the Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,522 comments
^^Thanks, I hadn't seen that notice. :)

I read about the GT6 maintenance a few days ago on the GT website.

I'll be online in about an hour or so. If anyone wants to have a practice feel free to join in. :)

Just read the news.......GT6 update is available, v1.05 100mb.

Looks like we need to test the cars again. The initial thoughts are that nothing much has changed with the cars, but it's certainly a good idea to check them all again.

Last edited:
Updated Times (after 1.05 update):

Renault 1:01.317
BMW 1:01.323
Hyundai 1:01.351
Nissan 1:01.371
Ford 1:01.386
Peugeot 1:01.475
Volvo 1:01.537
VW 1:01.809

Ford and Renault seem improved to me post-update... Volvo and VW in contrast seem heavier and more sluggish than yesterday's running (times on previous page)

VW running at 295/1480 set a 1:01.385 and that seems good.. so the VW is being changed to that spec. VW now 295/1480.

Volvo currently under scrutiny, as it was the slowest car for me at Spa as well.

Thanks for joining the lobby tonight Rolo, it was good to see the various cars and what they could achieve running solo laps and also under race conditions.

The Volvo is certainly struggling. I have managed an odd fast lap, but it's rare to get it bang on, minimising the understeer and maximising the corner exit speed.

Volvo drivers need to practice more for this one as they're the underdogs. The straight line speed is great, but because the corner exit speed is lower than the other cars it's difficult to play to its strength. It'll be a tough but entertaining race that's for sure.

VW at 1480 I am putting in consistent 1:00.8-1:01.1. Is this much of a concern?

Not really. If your tune gives you an edge then I'm not gonna make a fuss. I ran all the cars with the same settings.. I know there will be inherent variations but the VW was definitely the slowest when all else is equal (at 1500). If your tune makes up for that then awesome, good work 👍

Not really. If your tune gives you an edge then I'm not gonna make a fuss. I ran all the cars with the same settings.. I know there will be inherent variations but the VW was definitely the slowest when all else is equal (at 1500). If your tune makes up for that then awesome, good work 👍

alrighty mate thanks :) thought I would put it out just incase :P

Lowering the weight should also mean it's at less of a disadvantage at Autumn Ring and Brands Indy.. which are the two tracks after this.

Lowering the weight should also mean it's at less of a disadvantage at Autumn Ring and Brands Indy.. which are the two tracks after this.

true, With weight higher I was having to break earlier then I would like and put power on later then others. Which was my disadvantage

Latest Posts

Back