<- BTCC-7 -> Ian_83 is the Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,522 comments
what time should i pop up for pre-qualy? and i do have to right?

Turn up ready for 7pm GMT like you always used to before this season. Yes you have to pre-qualify as you're not in the Top 10 in the Drivers' Championship.

In few days ago, I practied on Silverstone with my Genesis and got 1'01.489
And you guys?

Try reading the thread. Where all the times I posted are.

---

Guys, it might be worth looking at pit stops. We had some serious pit lag issues in the One-Make Series tonight, whereby whenever someone came into the pits it seriously lagged the guys still out on track.

Not sure if this is an old issue that we haven't experienced until now, or if it isn't 1.05 making the game worse :banghead:

Last edited:
There has always been a slight lag issue during the pit stop window, when someone pits it causes some lag on track which was an unavoidable (GT6) bug. Same happens when someone joins/enters the track during a free run.

I don't know whether 1.05 has actually made the problem worse or not, or whether it's worse on certain tracks, but it's something that people need to be aware of. During the pit window, we need to be a little cautious and expect some lag.

Perhaps a test race tomorrow would be a good idea. I'll be up for a race, say 7:30-ish?

yeah i've always experienced that too, i think if your unaware of it, it can cause a bit of a moment, but as long as everyone knows.
im up for a race tonight

I saw the lag during the pit stops at Spa. It's a strange lag because I was chasing Madbean while people were pitting, Madbean lagged back a little bit and then jumped ahead again slightly. I think that he actually jumped a little further ahead, the gap between us looked bigger than it was. Lol

I'm at work today but I'm hoping to be home for about 6pm. If I can get my dinner and a few odd jobs sorted quickly when I get home, I should be good to go for about 7 - 7:30.

was racing route x with friends last night and these glitches came up - 1)During pitstops we just drove through multiple times, 2)we was stuck in our pitbox for over 5minutes, 3) whole track lagged when people pit, 4) tyres did not change in pitstop and did not refuel, 5) after pitstop we got some strange wheelspin that degraded our tyres within a lap and slowed us down 15-20mph and screwed up our steering. Extremely bad by looks of it.

Edit: we also had one race where the was no grip and our cars just slid everywhere

Need several cars on-track to experience the lag effect, but tyres and fuel can easily be tested running solo. I'm getting on well today, so I should be home early.

was racing route x with friends last night and these glitches came up - 1)During pitstops we just drove through multiple times, 2)we was stuck in our pitbox for over 5minutes, 3) whole track lagged when people pit, 4) tyres did not change in pitstop and did not refuel, 5) after pitstop we got some strange wheelspin that degraded our tyres within a lap and slowed us down 15-20mph and screwed up our steering. Extremely bad by looks of it.

Edit: we also had one race where the was no grip and our cars just slid everywhere

We only experienced 3) last night... but the rest sounds very ominous... :indiff:

Somehow i think the glitches last night had something to do with the car , i saw weird revs almost like the rpm meter was broken went all the way around and then weird laser type sounds i heard during the replay

I hope im right and it was just a one off

Hmm, I hope that it was a one-off too. Sounds really awful.

I've never driven that Prius on GT6, it was ok on GT5, the rpm was pretty much what I expected, odd but then it's a rather odd car. Lol

Somehow i think the glitches last night had something to do with the car , i saw weird revs almost like the rpm meter was broken went all the way around and then weird laser type sounds i heard during the replay

I hope im right and it was just a one off

Yeah I didn't like that car so much either.

If the pits prove very glitchy then I'll remove pit stops from both series until the issue gets fixed.

Sounds like the only sensible option Rolo, let's just hope that the problem is only specific to that car. I can live with the little lag spike when people pit, it's annoying but it's usually only a cars length at the most.

It would be a shame to lose the pit stop, I enjoy the strategy that it brings to the racing.

The pit bug isn't too bad at Silverstone.

There is a lag spike that occurs everytime that someone goes into the pits. It varies in severity so please be careful during the pit stop window, we want to avoid accidents on the track....there will be some lag when people pit.

When I first join main lounge can people tell me (prior to pre q race) what my lag is like.

Edit: want everyones views because if it is just 1 person then it may not be me.

Last edited:
I never had issue like bren's ones...

They look very unusual O_o

Btw what are times for silverstone? Want to get an idea if i can pre-q or not...

When I first join main lounge can people tell me (prior to pre q race) what my lag is like.

Edit: want everyones views because if it is just 1 person then it may not be me.
This is a good idea MrB. Just be aware that you don't lag all the time, so you might be perfect prior to the race and then start to lag again during the race. ;) Hopefully you'll be fine this week, just keep your dad off the internet. Lol

This is a good idea MrB. Just be aware that you don't lag all the time, so you might be perfect prior to the race and then start to lag again during the race. ;) Hopefully you'll be fine this week, just keep your dad off the internet. Lol

Oh I try, but he is an addict to put it bluntly -.- doesn't think for others also

What time are things kicking off then?

Same as last week.

Lounge will be open for pre-qualifying drivers only from 6.30 at the latest.

Spec checks at 7pm.

Pre-Qualifying session (7 minutes) once that's done.

10 lap Pre-Qualifying race after that.

Back