<- BTCC-7 -> Ian_83 is the Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,522 comments
Slowest in tests , fastest in races ?
Lol. I do well in the races, but I'm not fast, just rather lucky and I'm driving it as hard as possible. It went well at Silverstone National, but that's basically three straights. I'm slow in my own testing too.
I can't wait to see the back of it, to be honest :sly:
The feeling is mutual. ;)

i love brands, but knowing my luck i'll be the guy on the outside put in gravel lolas promised new PB 49.2 and it could be bettered?

Last edited:
Brands is one of those tracks where it would be really nice to have a proper rolling start feature. It would make it so much better.

The difference between the FF's and FR's off the line makes the 1st corner unpredictable. Hopefully we'll be extra careful for the 1st couple of laps and avoid any mishaps this time.

improving? i've been getting worse. most of the races i should have scored podiums but i've had issues. i start each race on top form, then its a disappointing day, but not this week. i'm not even in contention for the title. only 1 race per week i finish so i should have much more points. but i have to try and salvage something,
By improving I mean your lap times in practice and qualifying. The results haven't been there, but they will.

Brands is one of those tracks where it would be really nice to have a proper rolling start feature. It would make it so much better.

The difference between the FF's and FR's off the line makes the 1st corner unpredictable. Hopefully we'll be extra careful for the 1st couple of laps and avoid any mishaps this time.

Note to all: the Peugeot is absolutely dreadful off the line. Expect to get baulked :sly:

Paddock hill going to be a test bend every lap I think not just the start.
Testing this morning I got every just right, only to see the car spin out at the bottom of the hill.
Hit no grass on the left car just had a little twitch and span right round and ended in the wall on the right!

The worst bend I think in the race will be the last slow bend.
So easy here to get brakes cooking and end up hitting someone off track.
I hope that not going to be my team m8!

Note to all: the Peugeot is absolutely dreadful off the line. Expect to get baulked :sly:
So is the VW.

I've learnt how to get an FF off the line. :) Still can't match those FR's though, they usually gain at least one place at the start. The FR's are in 2nd gear and away while we're still sat there wondering when the momentum will begin. Lol I love it.

Didn't Brands get cancelled last season (Megane's) because of turn 1, or am I just imagining it?

At least our cars are more predictable than the MR Megane from last season and hopefully we can tune them to behave.

Opinions on Bathurst?

Only today is the last day to check it before people might start preparing for it, and I don't want to waste anyone's time.

Opinions on Bathurst?

Only today is the last day to check it before people might start preparing for it, and I don't want to waste anyone's time.

I would like to race there , maybe just keep it in the daylight no night transition

^^^ 1.49.999???

I think that you meant a 49.999 ;)

I've done a 50.050 Maybe a bit more to go once I get the track mastered. I'm finding it tough to keep the lap times below a 50.500, but that may come with time.

If Bathurst has been buggy since the 1.05 update then I would want to avoid it. There have already been far too many dc's this season.

Hey Rolo,

Sorry I have missed the races lately I have been stuck in work/changing jobs all at the same time so I have not been around. Am I ok to race still? If so I can make tonight.

Hey Rolo,

Sorry I have missed the races lately I have been stuck in work/changing jobs all at the same time so I have not been around. Am I ok to race still? If so I can make tonight.

That's alright, cheers for letting me know. Yeah you're still good to race, although you will have to qualify in this week, so be in the lounge ready for 7pm 👍

Hey Amigos, I am back racing tonight. But I have a bad neck and shoulder (car I was in yesterday got rear ended >.<) But yeah, hope for some good races tonight :)

Small track full grid, oh ok for you mr blast off and leave us to battle it out.

Sorry me just worried about picking up more pens tonight :nervous:

Plus need to have a moan on skeng for something as can't pick on his driving

Small track full grid, oh ok for you mr blast off and leave us to battle it out.

Sorry me just worried about picking up more pens tonight :nervous:

Plus need to have a moan on skeng for something as can't pick on his driving

hopefully race 1 i can qualy well and have a clean race , I dont expect to be as lucky or successful as autumn ring race 1

race 2 today will be a mega challenge , just need to keep it on the track and hope for the best

Back