<- BTCC-7 -> Ian_83 is the Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,522 comments
I had a config which I did quite well with prior to getting the wheel. I used this config while in season 6 and part of the Integra cup.

L2 - Brake
R2 - Throttle
Left stick for steering
Right stick up and down for changing gear.
R1 - Handbrake

It'll take a little while to get the hang of it, but I found it comfortable and controllable. 👍

Thanks Ian, I'm gonna try that, using the analogue as a gear shift is like having a Sequential gear box lol

thats very odd set up lol
x throttle
square brake
L2/R2 gears
o handbrake
i always used the buttons for steering but had to use stick most this season as the buttons broke lol

I use L2 and R2 as side mirrors, and I find that more important to race cleanly than to use them for gearing.

Last edited:
Mirrors on a wheel not easy, them little buttons hard to find.

Pad setup was
Left stick turning
Right stick look left and right
L1 gear up R1 gear down
L2 throttle R2 brake

Arrow buttons
Forward horn, In meganes I changed this to flash lights
Left look left right look right
Back look back

X and O group of buttons I left alone

It was funny when gt6 come out, I was racing online and did not set arrows buttons up.
Went to look right and and ended up turning and putting him in a wall.
He kicked me out for being dirty lol

I love this track! I did a 37.4 after a few laps and I'm sure I can go quicker if I get all the corners right.

Thanks Ian for the config, my driving it alot smoother now and lap times are quicker (did a 1.30.4 after 2 laps on motegi this morning and I know what I need to do to go quicker, 29.8 is achievable). I've got used to the new controls but now and then I shift up instead of down lol

Results from Silverstone GP:

Pre-Qualifying Race:

Cancelled

Race 1:

1. rolo912011
2. Scaniabebe
3. PleaseD1e
4. True-blue-8
5. qrtintheshade
6. skengdigi
7. xflow1390
8. mrbrendon999 (warning + 5-second penalty)
9. CptMadBean (position swap + delayed 5-second penalty)
10. Street-King-07 (position swap)
11. samurai8juicebox
12. DR_ingo5
DNF. blabla_

Pole Position: Scaniabebe
Fastest Lap: skengdigi - 2:15.940
Lap Leaders: True-blue-8, Scaniabebe, skengdigi, rolo912011, qrtintheshade, mrbrendon999

Race 2:

1. skengdigi
2. Scaniabebe
3. mrbrendon999 (delayed 5-second penalty - see below)
4. rolo912011
5. CptMadBean (warning)
6. xflow1390 (warning)
7. PleaseD1e
8. qrtintheshade
9. Street-King-07
10. DR_ingo5
11. samurai8juicebox
12. TheOldStig (warning + delayed 10-second penalty)
13. blabla_ (10-second penalty for pitting too early)
DNF. True-blue-8

Fastest Lap: qrtintheshade - 2:16.813
Lap Leaders: DR_ingo5, skengdigi, mrbrendon999, xflow1390

--

Delayed Time Penalties:
@mrbrendon999 - a 5-second time penalty will be applied to your next BTCC race where you do not finish last. Please calm down your driving a bit, and remember the rules regarding run-off use. I know 10th place is important to you, but achieve it fairly and within the regulations. 👍

DRIVERS ON A ONE-RACE BAN:
@CptMadBean - 8 penalty points. Race bans do not count as drop scores.

Drivers on Probation:
@Harsk100 - if your connection is not improved next week you will not be allowed to race any more this season.

--

Please PM me if you want your penalties explained to you. You have 24 hours from the time of this post to appeal your penalty/penalties should you wish to.

Points up shortly 👍

--

Latest Points:

Drivers' Points:

S7Drivers200414_zps09f04f9b.png

Teams' Points:

S7Teams200414_zpse59d3a52.png

Manufacturers' Points:

S7Manufacturers200414_zpsf721029a.png

Independents' Points:

S7Independents200414_zps6e40ea4f.png

---------

---------​

Next Round: Brands Hatch GP (24/04/14)

Pre-Qualifying Race: 6 Laps

No Pit Stop
Main Races: 13 Laps

Pit Window: 5 - 9

All drivers/teams/manufacturers with two drop scores remaining have had their first ones taken away.

All to play for at the finale 👍

EDIT: Murica should have 357 points in the Teams, not 367.

Just to let everyone know, the Brands hatch GP will be my last round in BTCC for a while :(
Due to lack of (gt time) I cannot commit to next season.
So I hope I can leave you all in high spirits and hopefully on the podium :D
It's been a great first ever gtp series/race and I hope to see you all on track in the future :cheers:

Results from Silverstone GP:

Pre-Qualifying Race:

Cancelled

Race 1:

1. rolo912011
2. Scaniabebe
3. PleaseD1e
4. True-blue-8
5. qrtintheshade
6. skengdigi
7. xflow1390
8. mrbrendon999 (warning + 5-second penalty)
9. CptMadBean (position swap + delayed 5-second penalty)
10. Street-King-07 (position swap)
11. samurai8juicebox
12. DR_ingo5
DNF. blabla_

Pole Position: Scaniabebe
Fastest Lap: skengdigi - 2:15.940
Lap Leaders: True-blue-8, Scaniabebe, skengdigi, rolo912011, qrtintheshade, mrbrendon999

Race 2:

1. skengdigi
2. Scaniabebe
3. mrbrendon999 (delayed 5-second penalty - see below)
4. rolo912011
5. CptMadBean (warning)
6. xflow1390 (warning)
7. PleaseD1e
8. qrtintheshade
9. Street-King-07
10. DR_ingo5
11. samurai8juicebox
12. TheOldStig (warning + delayed 10-second penalty)
13. blabla_ (10-second penalty for pitting too early)
DNF. True-blue-8

Fastest Lap: qrtintheshade - 2:16.813
Lap Leaders: DR_ingo5, skengdigi, mrbrendon999, xflow1390

--

Delayed Time Penalties:
@mrbrendon999 - a 5-second time penalty will be applied to your next BTCC race where you do not finish last. Please calm down your driving a bit, and remember the rules regarding run-off use. I know 10th place is important to you, but achieve it fairly and within the regulations. 👍

DRIVERS ON A ONE-RACE BAN:
@CptMadBean - 8 penalty points. Race bans do not count as drop scores.

Drivers on Probation:
@Harsk100 - if your connection is not improved next week you will not be allowed to race any more this season.

--

Please PM me if you want your penalties explained to you. You have 24 hours from the time of this post to appeal your penalty/penalties should you wish to.

Points up shortly 👍

--
Hm I really screwed up my no penalties this season. I would blame the car if I really had fair proof (another driver who shows alot in it). The scirocco has been an utter piece of crap though, and I have not been keeping a level head about it, been too irrational and pushing too hard. And sadly that's ruined my no penalties, been through 4 series (2BTCC, 1RM, 1 NASCAR) without getting any. I'd like to say a big apology to Skeng (someone tag him for me please), for accidents in both races at Silverstone, and too anyone else I may have tapped or anything. If I can't keep my car on straight and narrow or out of sides of your cars at Brands, I shall probably just reduce my pace and stick with it. Next season will be different for me, gentle, speedy, Stream Tuning/Stream Gaming- Brendon Shadow Cooper is coming back strong ;)

Just to let everyone know, the Brands hatch GP will be my last round in BTCC for a while :(
That's a real shame, you've been a strong driver this season and I was looking forward to battling with you next season. Well thank you for taking part, it has been fun and a pleasure. :)

At bit worrying looking at the overall points for this season; so many penalties and race bans been handed out - don't think its ever been so bad in BTCC!!!

Last edited:
At bit worrying looking at the overall points for this season; so may penalties and race bans been handed out - don't think its ever been so bad in BTCC!!!
I've not seen anything this bad before either. I think that the stewards have had to be rather tough this season in order to make drivers calm down a bit and be more careful. Generally the penalties are due to drivers being over-enthusastic and caising collissions with the car that they're trying to overtake instead of waiting and picking the right moment to make a move. Silly errors really, but ones that could have been avoided.

I guess that it just goes to show how competitive we are and desperate to earn as many points as possible each round.

Overall though, we do have some fantastic drivers in the championship and its great to see such close competitive racing going on throughout the field. 👍

Well I am reporting myself not sure that helps, I may of got away with a few maybe.
but I support fair driving, just them little mistakes from pushing ott brings pens.

My biggest problem over taking I just not good at it.
Others can pick me off so easy, go a little wide and there past.
They go a little wide so do I ffs.

This vid my last report to rolo on my driving:

I just thought I could out brake ingo, but it I was wrong.
My defence was Skeng was not to far behind and the car in front was slower than me at times.
Just not round that bend but I think both us on there using other lines in thinking.

damn, not another penalty, can you PM me about what I did again plz? :banghead:

Pm rolo he will let you know why, anything to do with pens pm him.

At bit worrying looking at the overall points for this season; so many penalties and race bans been handed out - don't think its ever been so bad in BTCC!!!

To be honest quite a fair number of those came at Spa - Round 1 was actually pretty bad, especially Race 2.

In fairness generally the racing is very good - I think another reason may be that a lot more gets reported these days as well.

--

Just to clarify regarding bans, by 'one-race' I really mean 'one-round', since you can't participate in either of the night's races. You can spectate if there's room, but you can't participate.

I'll be clearer on that in future.

Last edited:
To be honest quite a fair number of those came at Spa - Round 1 was actually pretty bad, especially Race 2.

In fairness generally the racing is very good - I think another reason may be that a lot more gets reported these days as well.

Fair enough 👍

Hm I really screwed up my no penalties this season. I would blame the car if I really had fair proof

REALLY!?!?!? You'd blame the car before your own driving :confused: :odd:

you have to learn to pick and choose when to go for the moves
This. 👍

Trying to out brake someone can be dangerous if you've got the timing slightly wrong and it also relies on some give and take by both drivers too.

I try to race tactically if possible, I enjoy trying to out wit the car ahead, but I make mistakes too and usually that's when I'm trying to outbrake someone into a turn.

Back