<- BTCC-7 -> Ian_83 is the Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,522 comments
United Kingdom
Kent
rolo912011
LOGO_2_BTCC_Cars.JPG.png

Thursdays from 7pm (UK Time) - in rolo912011's lounge
(Lounge normally open by 6.30pm UK Time)

BTCC Online Championship Hall of Fame:

Season 1 (Drivers): johnboy-1975 - Honda Integra Type R (DC5) '04 - Piss Heads Racing
Season 1 (Teams): Piss Heads Racing - RacerPaul, johnboy-1975, gedi69 & cunny17

Season 2 (Drivers): killa_kandy - BMW 330i '05 - eBay Motors
Season 2 (Teams): eBay Motors - BMW 330i '05 - killa_kandy, JulleGaard & SKD420
Season 2 (Manufacturers): Audi - johnboy-1975, gedi69, cunny17 & JoeTruckV8
Season 2 (Independents): JoeTruckV8 - Audi S3 '02 - Gran Turismo All-Star

Season 3 (Drivers): gedi69 - Audi S4 '03 - Team V8 Turbo
Season 3 (Teams): Team V8 Turbo - Audi S4 '03 - cunny17, gedi69 & rolo912011
Season 3 (Manufacturers): Audi - rolo912011, gokartman, cunny17, gedi69 & johnboy-1975
Season 3 (Independents): karsten_beoulve - Mazda Atenza Sport 25Z '07 - Scuderia Fronzini

Season 4 (Drivers): Strawman__Andy - Honda Civic Type R '01 - SimTek (I)
Season 4 (Teams): Team IVTec - Honda Civic Type R '01/'04 - skengdigi, Weezy_7 & driftking18594
Season 4 (Manufacturers): Honda - skengdigi, Weezy_7, Strawman__Andy, MSTER232 & driftking18594
Season 4 (Indepedents): Strawman__Andy - Honda Civic Type R '01 - SimTek
Corsa Cup: skengdigi - Vauxhall Corsa Comfort 1.4 '01

Japanese Sports Coupé Cup (Drivers) - skengdigi - Subaru BR-Z S '12
Japanese Sports Coupé Cup (Manufacturers) - Subaru - skengdigi, priesty_lfc, Third_Reign & Dimse91

Season 5 (Drivers): skengdigi - Honda Integra Type R (DC5) '03 - Team IVTec
Season 5 (Teams): Team IVTec - Honda Integra Type R (DC5) '03 - skengdigi & gedi69
Season 5 (Manufacturers): Honda - skengdigi, gedi69 & rolo912011
Season 5 (Independents): driftking18594 - VW Scirocco R '10 - Privateer

Season 6 (Drivers):
skengdigi - Ford Focus ST '06 - Privateer (I)
Season 6 (Teams): Perfect Apex Racing - Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6 24V '04 - PleaseD1e & canyondrifter
Season 6 (Manufacturers): Ford - skengdigi, Strawman__Andy, Scaniabebe & rolo912011
Season 6 (Independents): skengdigi - Ford Focus ST '06 - Privateer

Honda Integra RM Cup (Drivers): Red_Leader - Honda Integra Type-R (DC5) RM '04 - Buckfast Racing
Honda Integra RM Cup (Teams): Perfect Apex Racing - PleaseD1e & canyondrifter
Honda Integra RM Cup (Independents): rolo912011 - Privateer

Renault Megane Trophy (Drivers): skengdigi - Renault Megane Trophy Base Model '11 - Midnight Purple Racing
Renault Megane Trophy (Teams): Midnight Purple Racing - rolo912011 & skengdigi
Renault Megane Trophy (Independents): Third_Reign - Privateer

---------------------------

Car List, Rules & Regulations:

Max. 6 entries per manufacturer! (see below for available spaces)

Teams do not have to run the same car, but must run in the same colours.

Banned and Compulsory Parts:
  • All cars must use Sports:Soft tyres.
  • ALL aero parts are banned (including kits and floors).
    • The Hyundai must run the 'No Wings' option instead of 'Standard Aero'.
  • Nitrous is not permitted.
Optional Parts:

Since proper policing of individual parts (except for nitrous and aero parts) is almost, if not totally, impossible and/or impractical, tuning is otherwise completely free. Within the restrictions mentioned, add whichever parts to your car that you wish to. Tune the settings for these parts as you like.

However you decide to tune your car within the rules, your car must adhere to the respective power limit and the respective weight limit for each car, as listed below, via the use of the power limiter and ballast. These limits will be spec-checked during each race meeting.

Anyone caught using illegal aero parts will be handed suitable penalties, which can be unlimited. Ignorance of the rules is not a valid excuse!
Car List:

vw-logo123.png
Volkswagen Scirocco R '10 -
305 BHP, 1480 KG
3 / 6 Available
nissan-30x30.jpg
Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP '06 - 305 BHP, 1440 KG

2 / 6 Available
hyundai-logo.jpg
Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track '13 - 305 BHP, 1440 KG

3 / 6 Available
bmw.jpg
BMW 330i '05 - 305 BHP, 1400 KG

1 / 6 Available
ford-logo-blue.png
Ford Focus ST '13 - 305 BHP, 1360 KG

4 / 6 Available
peugeot_i.jpg
Peugeot 307 CC Premium AVN '04 - 305 BHP, 1330 KG

4 / 6 Available
renaultitalia-1_30.jpg
Renault Sport Megane R.S. Trophy '11 - 305 BHP, 1250 KG

0 / 6 Available
59728-g-vol.jpg
Volvo C30 R-Design '09 - 305 BHP, 1220 KG

4 / 6 Available

---------------------------​

Calendar:

1. Spa - 06/03/14
2. Silverstone National - 13/03/14
3. Autumn Ring - 20/03/14

4. Brands Hatch Indy - 27/03/14
5. Bathurst - 03/04/14
6. Motegi East - 10/04/14
7. Silverstone GP - 17/04/14
8. Brands Hatch GP - 24/04/14

Penalty System & Stewards:

By signing up to the series you agree to accept and observe the series rules.

Stewards are rolo912011, skengdigi, neljack and qrtintheshade. Please PM the stewards via GTPlanet or PSN regarding on-track incidents. Do NOT publicly address the issue with the other driver(s) involved. In general, the stewards will only view what is reported to them via PM, although action may also be taken if any non-reported incidents are seen.

For any stewards' decision to stand, at least 2 of the stewards must agree to it, else no action will be taken, or the most lenient penalty available will be applied. The reasons for penalties will not be made public - please PM the stewards if you want an explanation for your penalty/penalties.

You will be issued a warning if your driving in a certain incident is perceived to be unacceptably 'dirty' - this means you are automatically given
2 penalty points. It is possible to receive multiple warnings in one race night!

You will be banned for one race meeting if you earn 8 penalty points during the season (i.e. 4 warnings). Race bans do not count as drop scores. If you earn enough points to be banned due to an incident or incidents at the final round of the season, then your ban carries over to your next BTCC event/season.

You can be banned for one race meeting (8 penalty points) if you are judged to have caused an incident during the Pre-Qualifying race.
You will be banned for the rest of the season if you earn 16 penalty points during the season. (i.e. 8 warnings). New drivers may be placed on probation after their first meeting if they earn enough penalty points/time penalties in their debut round. If their standard of driving is continued at their second meeting, then they will be removed from the series.

You will be banned for the rest of the season if you earn sufficient penalty points in Pre-Qualifying events during the season. This is at the discretion of the stewards.
Time penalties are not normally associated with a warning, but it is at the stewards' discretion. If you have already received a warning in a single race, you will be issued time penalties for any further rule breaks during that race (of at least 5 seconds each). Other incidents may be worthy of only a time penalty, of variable length. Pitting too early or too late incurs a 10-second penalty. Failing to pit at all means a 60-second penalty.

It is not possible for us to record and re-play instances of drivers being blocked in Qualifiers. However, if the stewards receive persistent complaints of blocking from several events, or if any incidents are seen on-track by a steward, then the driver at fault will be penalised with warnings and/or time penalties.

Off-track behaviours can also be penalised. Please respect other drivers off the track (on GTP or PSN), as well as on it. Penalties will be issued if a drivers' behaviour is considered disrespectful or offensive, or if a driver persistently attempts to stir up trouble in discussion. There are no maximum limits to the penalties, and you may face a season-long or even permanent ban! We're all here to have fun and ultimately, we're all playing a video game. Let's all have good-spirited racing. :) 👍

Penalty decisions can be explained via sending a PM to rolo912011, and will not be discussed publicly. All decisions are at the stewards' discretion, and may include penalties not listed here. The series owner reserves the right to make the final decision on cases where appropriate. All drivers are welcome to appeal any penalties given to them, provided they do so within 24 hours of the race results being published. If your appeal is successful, any changes to your penalty points total, or the points standings, will be included in the tables published after the next round of the series.

Race Rules, Format and Points System:

Driving Aids: Prohibited except for Driving Line and ABS.
Boost - Off
Penalties - None

Tyre/Fuel Consumption - Normal
Grip - Real

Number of Pitstops - 1 (pit windows provided in advance)
Race Finish Delay - 120 seconds (you will not be classified if you do not finish within 2 minutes of the race winner)
Visible Damage - On

Mechanical Damage - Light
Slipstream - Weak

Two approx. 20-minute races per week (Main races). Half-distance Pre-Qualifying race. 8 rounds over 8 weeks. Drivers', Teams', Manufacturers' and Independents' Championships.

DROP SCORE SYSTEM - each driver's worst 2 scores of the season will be dropped, meaning 6 scores out of 8 will count for the Drivers' Championship. This allows drivers to miss two rounds without disadvantaging themselves. Drivers must be registered for the championship for at least 7 rounds in order to qualify for at least one drop score.

Independents' Championship: each driver's worst 2 scores will be dropped. Drivers must be registered for at least 7 rounds in order to qualify for at least one drop score. Only race results count for points (i.e. no poles, laps led or Fastest Lap points). Eligible non-qualifiers also score points, but their results will only count from the highest non-locked in placing downwards.
Teams' Championship: each team's worst two scores will be dropped. Teams must be registered for at least 7 rounds in order to qualify for at least one drop score.
Manufacturers' Championship: each manufacturer's worst two scores will be dropped. Only the top two scores for a manufacturer at any event count for points.

Race Night Procedure:

Arrive on time! Due to the race format, the schedule is tight. We encourage all drivers to arrive at least 5 minutes before spec checks are due to begin. In general, we're not obligated to wait for latecomers. The only instances in which we will wait to start (and we will aim to start Pre-Qualifying no later than 7.10pm, and Race 1 Qualifying no later than 7.50pm in case of problems) will be in the case of unexpected mass DCs/black screens/game freezes. If you are well aware of your connection problems, then we may not wait for you!

Top 10

The top 10 drivers in the Drivers' Championship will be automatically guaranteed a starting position for the week's races. For Round 1, the top 10 will be based on the championship top 10 from the Renault Megane Trophy. If not all the top 10 return, then priority will be given to those outside the top 10 who signed up the earliest. This number could be less if any of the stewards are outside the top 10, as all the stewards must be present! If all the stewards are in the top 10, then the 6 fastest drivers in pre-qualifying will qualify for the night's racing. If not, the number will be less. If a top 10 driver is not racing on a particular week, then an extra qualifying place will become available. Best efforts will be made to reveal the number of available qualifying spaces before the race meeting.

Pre-Qualifying

This part of the evening is seen as an extension of Race 1.

Only the drivers required to pre-qualify, rolo912011 and any other stewards (if there is room) are allowed to be in the race lounge during this part of the evening's racing. Anyone not required in the lounge (with no space available for them to watch the action) will be asked to leave and come back later, and will be penalised if they refuse to do so.

Only drivers who need to pre-qualify are allowed to be on track at any time during this part of the evening. Anyone on-track illegally will be penalised.
- Pre-Qualifying (7pm GMT approx.) - a 7-minute Qualifying session, run as a 'Race Together' Qualifier. The session will begin at 7.05pm approx. at the latest regardless of latecomers, who will therefore fail to qualify if they do not make the start of the session, as drivers cannot enter a Qualifier once it has started. We will not wait to start without good reason. This session will be considered a 'race' session, and therefore any DCs will be treated as an instant DNQ, as you cannot rejoin a Qualifier after leaving it.

- Pre-Qualifying Race (7.07pm GMT approx.) - grid determined by the qualifying session. The race will be set to half the distance of the main races (rounded down in case of half-laps). The top 6 finishers in the race (more or less depending on circumstances) will qualify for the main races. Any DCs will be considered a DNF, and therefore a DNQ. Drivers who fail to qualify will then leave the lounge, and be replaced by the remaining 'locked-in' drivers. Drivers who fail to leave the lounge promptly will be penalised!

Main Races (BTCC Online Championship)

- Race 1 (7.40pm GMT approx.) - grid will be determined by a 10-minute Qualifier, run as a 'Race Together' Qualifier. Drivers will have their cars spec-checked before the session begins. The session will begin at 7.45pm approx. at the latest regardless of latecomers, who will not be able to enter the session late and will therefore miss Race 1. This session will be considered a 'race' session, and therefore any DCs will be treated as a non-start/DNF, as you cannot rejoin a Qualifier once you have left it.

- Race 2 (8.20pm GMT approx.) - grid will be set to reversed based on Race 1 results. Drivers will have their cars spec-checked before the race begins. DCs in Race 1 will be treated as a DNF and therefore you will start Race 2 from the front of the grid. Anyone who purposely retires, whether or not in an attempt to start Race 2 up front, will be forced to start at the back, and will be further penalised after the race. The grid would then be completed manually.

Manual reverse grids will be used as a backup procedure for Race 2 in case of any problems.

Notice: Please do not obstruct other drivers during Qualifiers! If you're not on a fast lap, either get off the track or drive way off the racing line and slow down/stop if you see a driver coming. Please stop in a sensible place!

During the Race:

This series follows the GTP OLR Rules for acceptable conduct in racing, and these must be followed at all times!

Mandatory pit-stops and pit windows. Make sure your pit entries and exits are fair and safe! Any kind of incident must be avoided. Otherwise, entries and exits are free from any restriction.

2 wheels on track at all times. No exceptions! 'Track' is defined as being between the white lines. If the 'racing line' requires you to cross a white line (e.g. last sector at Trial Mountain), then it is acceptable to do so. Two wheels are allowed on kerbs.

Bumpdrafting is legal, so long as you do not risk a crash. Avoid when nearing a braking zone.

You are not allowed to purposely retire/rage-quit from Race 1.

Unnecessary in-race chat is not acceptable, and will be penalised!

Points System (Main Races):

1st - 20 points
2nd - 18 points
3rd - 16 points
4th - 14 points
5th - 12 points
6th - 10 points
7th - 9 points
8th - 8 points
9th - 7 points
10th - 6 points
11th - 5 points
12th - 4 points
13th - 3 points
14th - 2 points
15th - 1 point

1 point for the Fastest Lap in each Main Race
1 point for Pole Position for Race 1
1 point if you Lead a Lap (defined as crossing the start/finish line in the lead; only one point per race no matter how many laps you lead!)

Pre-Qualifying Race:

Finishing positions do not count for points in the Drivers', Teams' or Manufacturers' Championships, regardless of qualification or not. Eligible non-qualifiers score double points in the Independents' Championship (to account for not participating in Race 2).

Drivers and Entries:
(Last Update: 16-04-14)

please add rolo912011 on PSN in order to race

- rolo912011 / rolo912011 / Peugeot / Chivas Perfect Apex Racing

- AudiMan2011 / Street-King-07 / Hyundai / Chivas Perfect Apex Racing

- quade420 / qrtintheshade / BMW / Team 'Murica

- SkengD / skengdigi / BMW / Team 'Murica

- neljack / neljack / Ford / Scuderia Fronzini

- azidahaka / karsten_beoulve / Nissan / Scuderia Fronzini
- DirtyNurbKing58 / True-blue-8 / Nissan / Diesel Pig Racing Team

- CptMadBean / CptMadBean / Nissan / Diesel Pig Racing Team
- sibbystiggy / TheOldStig / Renault / Piston Breakers

- mrbrendon999 / Mrbrendon999 / VW / Piston Breakers

- xflow1390 / xflow1390 / Renault / Race Craft Motorsport

- DR_ingo5 / DR_ingo5 / Renault / Race Craft Motorsport

- Ian_83 / PleaseD1e / Volvo / Perfect Apex Racing (I)

- swiftsmith / smith1001 / Hyundai / United Nations Motorsports (I)

- Malcolm Tucker / glenn_cullen / Renault / MTMsport Racing (I)
- GTPvw_slc / SLC_VR6_V-Dub / VW / Privateer (I)

- hurleyman24 / hurleyman24 / BMW / Diesel Pig Racing Team (I)

- SpeedyMcQueen / SpeedyMcQueen / Ford / Privateer (I)

- Wilsongt6 / Wilson_gpg / VW / Wilson Motorsport (I)

- Harsk100 / HarskGaming96 / Hyundai / Harsk World Racing Team (I)

- Siggers / Sig1611 / BMW / Privateer (I)

- wiseguy007 / Weezy_7 / Renault / Buckfast Racing (I)

- samurai8juice / samurai8juicebox / Renault / Renault American Motorsport (RAM Racing) (I)

- iFuriousRacer / blabla_ / BMW / Privateer (I)

Total Drivers: 24 / 24
If you miss 3 consecutive rounds of the series (or both of the first 2 rounds) without any reason or comment to let us know, either before or during your absence, then you will be removed from the series, and your space will be freed up for another driver. You can re-apply to join, but you will sit at the back of the queue.

Series Reserves:

If the series is full, you may still be able to race, as there will always be one or two places open each week due to people not attending. Sign-up as a reserve and we'll call you if there's space (first reserve has highest priority). 👍

- powwa25 / powwa25 / Volvo / Estonian Racing (I)

- Scaniabebe / Scaniabebe / Peugeot / Peugeot Sport UK (Powered by HSR) (I)

- flowaangelz / flowaangelz / Ford / Privateer (I)

- K1utch / GTP_K1utch / Nissan / Privateer (I)

👍 :cheers:

Last edited:
Well they are kinda new to the season ... They are both currently running in our 1 make ATM ... We will divulge more closer to the end of the season as to not effect the outcome of the current racing series.. Keeps things honest this way as neither driver knows who their new team mate is for next year yet

Ah I see, just to let you know I am open to tweaking some minor details of the format.

For example, I'm thinking about grouping the Teams' and Manufacturers' Championships together in the Regular Season so there is only one overall championship, instead of one for either group.

That should allow teams to run one driver in either slot should they wish, something which I am very much open to.

Me me me! :D

Watching the vids in the other thread has made miss racing with you guys so I am definitely down for this!

priesty_lfc / Both

It sounds well thought out. I'm not so sure about only having 2 races instead of 3 though. With three races there are more opportunities each week for someone to get on the podium and see some glory which is important to some people and it keeps them interested and fighting.

It sounds well thought out. I'm not so sure about only having 2 races instead of 3 though. With three races there are more opportunities each week for someone to get on the podium and see some glory which is important to some people and it keeps them interested and fighting.

It's a question of time really (or more specifically, the lack of it), in fitting both groups in on the night. I don't really want to spend 3/4 hours in the lounge. If someone who I trusted was prepared to run a second lounge instead in parallel with my own then it could be looked into, but of course I can't be in both places at once, so I would have to completely rely on their word for results and stewarding etc. The person who ran the second lounge would have to organise all of the race night, the stewarding and such for that lounge.

The Finals part of the season is 3 races a night though, so I have tried to make that a stick for drivers to chase.

PAR has some news!!!

As some of you may already know, Perfect Apex Racing is expanding, we have got two new drivers for the upcoming BTCC challenge on Gran Turismo 6 and we are looking forward to having some great fun on track. The introduction of two new drivers is a big moment for PAR, we have brought together two drivers that I feel will work well together and I wish them every bit of success in the upcoming BTCC season.

Perfect Apex Racing are pleased to announce the appointment of Glenalz81 (Glen-Alz81) and AudiMan2011 (Street-King-07).

I wish you both the very best of luck for the upcoming season on GT6 and welcome to the Perfect Apex Racing team. :)

Ian.

Sweet! That sounds good! If either you or Street himself can let me know which time slot he wants then I can add him to the driver list :)

Rolo m8 you've done brilliant! i prefer 3 race format as it is now, but i can understand if more people want to join. sign me up please :)
GTP- DirtyNurbKing58 PSN- True-blue-8 Time slot- Both if its ok, can i have #58 again? Thanks m8 :)

Awww too bad all my suggestions were rejected :(

In any case i'll join the party, after all i'm a piece of history of the btcc lol

Things can still change. As I say, if someone I can trust is willing to run a second lounge at the same time, then we can look into it. That was one of your suggestions.

Which timeslot? 7pm UK or 8pm UK?

both are equally unconfortable by italian standards, so both are fine lol may i be able to call dibs to one room or another at a later time?

Things can still change. As I say, if someone I can trust is willing to run a second lounge at the same time, then we can look into it. That was one of your suggestions.

Which timeslot? 7pm UK or 8pm UK?
I know this may sound odd but perhaps run the second half on a different day? As for running another room I would be willing to do that but I am unsure if my connection is good enough....

@azidahaka - If the majority of drivers can do both timeslots, then I may do some 'points per race' calculations to put the flexible drivers into some kind of rank order, and share them out across the groups to try and keep a balanced field between the groups. That was another of your suggestions!

Yeah the season start is a long time away, the proper season thread probably won't be up until January anyway. If there comes a point when you'd definitely prefer one time over the other then let me know so I can sort out the groups more easily.

@canyondrifter I have wondered about maybe running a Tuesday league, which would mirror the current Thursday one in format in every way, just a different day! It would keep the 3-race format going if it was like that. In truth I really like the 3-race format but I also would really like to see if the BTCC can do a double-grid. It's the last of the GTP touring car series to have a crack at it.

The only issue of course with running on two days is that it makes the two-part season idea, with the regular season and finals, much more difficult to do. Choosing a time slot to suit all would probably not be very possible. So it may have to go back to a simple one-part season, just doubled.

Last edited:
hey rolo why don't we make up that endurance serie with variable light/weather on tuesday?

This is what has made me think twice about running the Tuesday league on top of the Thursday one, because I know you're keen to run this endurance series on a Tuesday.

I'll give this a go. My track tuning skills might not be up to par with some of the others, but hopefully the rumoured KW suspension rig should rectify some of that. I'd be happy with either time slot.

AudiMan2011 / Street-King-07 / Both

Pm received Rolo:cheers:.........................lurking.;)

PS Although i feel second best im glad you finally came to your senses.:sly::lol:

I'll give this a go. My track tuning skills might not be up to par with some of the others, but hopefully the rumoured KW suspension rig should rectify some of that. I'd be happy with either time slot.

AudiMan2011 / Street-King-07 / Both
You'll get plenty of help with the tuning. ;)

OK there's another 2 potentially interested depending on certain factors. If all the current drivers re-sign then the numbers situation is looking pretty good already, and that's before any new drivers arrive. Signs are promising :)

This is what has made me think twice about running the Tuesday league on top of the Thursday one, because I know you're keen to run this endurance series on a Tuesday.

not going to start a serie fighting with yours ;)

imagine the driver's black market lol

jokes aside do not worry if you want to make it go on mate! there's other days for me, or if you like the idea, we could make it jointly. in any case no harsh feelings :)

Back