<- BTCC-7 -> Ian_83 is the Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,522 comments
i am shocked reading this. as you guys know i always have connection problems (lmfao) but i never lag myself (i think). i was looking forward to race 1 as again the car was competitive. so when i disconnected in qualy i thought typical. but everytime i tried to re join it would freeze on the track logo. i then had to reboot 5 times. when i finally joined, it was actually the last time i was going to bother trying. at the time i believed it was due to harsks connection, as even mine isnt that bad, i hope, but i didn't say anything. but after reading this, harsk, you have no consideration and in all fairness are a danger on track (and thats being said by a fellow dangerous driver lol) and just look at STCC where you cut a chicane 'just to teach others a lesson'
*pant* rant over ;)

i am shocked reading this. as you guys know i always have connection problems (lmfao) but i never lag myself (i think). i was looking forward to race 1 as again the car was competitive. so when i disconnected in qualy i thought typical. but everytime i tried to re join it would freeze on the track logo. i then had to reboot 5 times. when i finally joined, it was actually the last time i was going to bother trying. at the time i believed it was due to harsks connection, as even mine isnt that bad, i hope, but i didn't say anything. but after reading this, harsk, you have no consideration and in all fairness are a danger on track (and thats being said by a fellow dangerous driver lol) and just look at STCC where you cut a chicane 'just to teach others a lesson'
*pant* rant over ;)
am a very calm lad myself, which is why it's wierd this season, I have got angry twice. Whats up with me :'(
edit:hit post bt accident, i was a dirty nurb also earlier in my life and connection issues are no excuse, you should always mention them and try and sort

Same here, I had some connection problems which caused some incidents while racing. :( Once I knew that I had a problem I quit from the race and sat it out. In the end, I had to get drastic, quit the season until I had my issues resolved. I wouldn't want to cause issues on the track due to my own connection, it isn't fair.

*pant* rant over ;)

Most likely that it was. I don't even get why he bothered "racing" when he could only see 2 cars; he basically just did 14 laps at qualifying pace, amazing how he didn't actually win it really with clear track and everybody else having to deal with his flying car.

@Harsk100 if you go into the GTPWRS online section there is a thread with tips for improving your network connection. Also from my own experienced disabling uPnP in your ps3 network settings may also help you.

Out of interest, who were the 2 drivers you could actually see?

Also from my own experienced disabling uPnP in your ps3 network settings may also help you.

I gave my PS3 a static IP address and placed it into a DMZ. Perhaps not the best idea but it works for me.....although this wasn't the cause of my original problem. :)

Also a wired connection is advisable too.

Yeah what happened there?

Your speeds may be good but if there's two or three drivers you can't see in each race then something might be amiss.

I think if I had rejoined the lounge then the troubles that I might have caused may have gone.
well i was told to get off the TV and make an important phone call which i could have made 2 hours ago if i was told to and then i had to wait another 2 hours (could have finished the race by then) waiting for the person to pick it up cus he was busy.

i get no credibility or respect from anyone in my family towards my interests, thats the way it has been and its gonna be so that is why I bailed out the race while fighting for 3rd, I have an idea to prevent this next week so I won't get distracted

I'm lost.... seriously guys I don't know what's happening anymore

yesterday, in the pre-q race I could see sig, I didn't know that I wasn't seeing the people your saying I wasn't seeing after that, cus there were alot of people and its near impossible to check while qualifying or during a race, and no I didn't hear any crashing sounds from my end however there were alot of people in the room so it may have been difficult to hear but my car seemed to drive without collisions. I could see everyone had gone on the track other than harsk.

This sometimes happens from what I understand (when you can't see other drivers) and last time it happened I rejoined it was all ok again. I apologize to everyone who I may have bashed into without knowing... I just wasn't aware of that until 10mins ago.

and that divorce thing has came out of nowhere and who is owned by who :nervous: im really not sure what you've all talking about... all I make of it is giving me the urge to say: "please don't kick me out of the series or put me on trial for what happened yesterday"

and that divorce thing has came out of nowhere and who is owned by who :nervous: im really not sure what you've all talking about... all I make of it is giving me the urge to say: "please don't kick me out of the series or put me on trial for what happened yesterday"

You can definitely chill out about this bit.

Results from Motegi East:

Pre-Qualifying Race:

Cancelled - my bad about this one....

Race 1:

1. PleaseD1e
2. skengdigi (position swap)
3. hurleyman24 (warning + position swap)
4. rolo912011
5. qrtintheshade (warning)
6. TheOldStig
7. Weezy_7
8. Street-King-07
9. mrbrendon999
10. HarskGaming96 (warning + 5-second penalty)
11. wilson_gpg
12. Sig1611
13. CptMadBean (delayed 5-second penalty - see below)
DNF. neljack

Pole Position: hurleyman24
Fastest Lap: skengdigi - 1:29.464
Lap Leaders: PleaseD1e, skengdigi

Race 2:

1. True-blue-8
2. Street-King-07
3. PleaseD1e
4. qrtintheshade
5. Weezy_7
6. skengdigi
7. rolo912011
8. Sig1611
9. mrbrendon999
10. hurleyman24 (warning)
11. CptMadBean
NC. TheOldStig (warning + delayed 10-second penalty - see below)

Fastest Lap: skengdigi - 1:29.658
Lap Leaders: True-blue-8, PleaseD1e

--

Delayed Time Penalties:
@CptMadBean - a 5-second time penalty will be applied to your next BTCC race where you do not finish last.

@sibbystiggy - a 10-second time penalty will be applied to your next BTCC race where you do not finish last.

Drivers on Probation:
@CptMadBean - 6 penalty points. One more warning = one-round ban. Race bans do not count as drop scores.

@Harsk100 - if your connection is not improved next week you will not be allowed to race any more this season.

--

Please PM me if you want your penalties explained to you. You have 24 hours from the time of this post to appeal your penalty/penalties should you wish to.

Points up shortly 👍

--

@Malcolm Tucker @swiftsmith are free to return to racing this week.

Results from Motegi East:

Pre-Qualifying Race:

Cancelled - my bad about this one....

Race 1:

1. PleaseD1e
2. skengdigi (position swap)
3. hurleyman24 (warning + position swap)
4. rolo912011
5. qrtintheshade (warning)
6. TheOldStig
7. Weezy_7
8. Street-King-07
9. mrbrendon999
10. HarskGaming96 (warning + 5-second penalty)
11. wilson_gpg
12. Sig1611
13. CptMadBean (delayed 5-second penalty - see below)
DNF. neljack

Pole Position: hurleyman24
Fastest Lap: skengdigi - 1:29.464
Lap Leaders: PleaseD1e, skengdigi

Race 2:

1. True-blue-8
2. Street-King-07
3. PleaseD1e
4. qrtintheshade
5. Weezy_7
6. skengdigi
7. rolo912011
8. Sig1611
9. mrbrendon999
10. hurleyman24 (warning)
11. CptMadBean
NC. TheOldStig (warning + delayed 10-second penalty - see below)

Fastest Lap: skengdigi - 1:29.658
Lap Leaders: True-blue-8, PleaseD1e

--

Delayed Time Penalties:
@CptMadBean - a 5-second time penalty will be applied to your next BTCC race where you do not finish last.

@sibbystiggy - a 10-second time penalty will be applied to your next BTCC race where you do not finish last.

Drivers on Probation:
@CptMadBean - 6 penalty points. One more warning = one-round ban. Race bans do not count as drop scores.

@Harsk100 - if your connection is not improved next week you will not be allowed to race any more this season.

--

Please PM me if you want your penalties explained to you. You have 24 hours from the time of this post to appeal your penalty/penalties should you wish to.

Points up shortly 👍

--

@Malcolm Tucker @swiftsmith are free to return to racing this week.
not too bad 9th and 9th, can I ask what actually caused t1 r2 (reply in pm if need be)

Latest Points:

Drivers' Points:

S7Drivers120414_zpscc5ed576.png

Teams' Points:

S7Teams120414_zps30814b41.png

Manufacturers' Points:

S7Manufacturers120414_zpsb5982ab0.png

Independents' Points:

S7Independents120414_zps9deb9b51.png

---------

---------​

Next Round: Silverstone GP (17/04/14)

Pre-Qualifying Race: TBA Laps

No Pit Stop
Main Races: TBA Laps

Pit Window: TBA

Drivers/teams/manufacturers/independents with two drop scores remaining will have the first of their scores dropped after next week's round at Silverstone.

Laps/pit info to follow soon.

Drivers/teams/manufacturers/independents with two drop scores remaining will have the first of their scores dropped after next week's round at Silverstone.

Laps/pit info to follow soon.
trophy for the highest VW ;)? None of us seem to be anywhere x)

Why I don't score points for the teams? Hum... I see... An Independents and Teams can't be scored at same time. I will try to fix the internet connection in next week. I'm on the lead of Jack Spears Trophy with 2 victories but let's try to get 14th place to guarantee an spot for next season. (If I have decided the car) But if I haven't decided the car yet, so I need just some more points below 7th to be a champion of Jack Spears Trophy.

trophy for the highest VW ;)? None of us seem to be anywhere x)

Trophy for perseverance maybe, lol... that car has been surprisingly slow. Sometimes it sets an amazing time at that spec, then comes along on the same track later and is nowhere. Will be glad to see it go.

Why I don't score points for the teams? Hum... I see... An Independents and Teams can't be scored at same time. I will try to fix the internet connection in next week. I'm on the lead of Jack Spears Trophy with 2 victories but let's try to get 14th place to guarantee an spot for next season. (If I have decided the car) But if I haven't decided the car yet, so I need just some more points below 7th to be a champion of Jack Spears Trophy.

Correct. By definition, an Independent is a single-car operation, and therefore not a Team. (In my series, anyway).

14th place battle is interesting, there's about 5 drivers who could take it.

Jack Spears, father of Britney.

Correct. By definition, an Independent is a single-car operation, and therefore not a Team. (In my series, anyway).

I know Britney Spears! She's a signer while her father has been an racing driver instead. This not-qualifying trophy is a tribute to Jack Spears, who passed away, right? For example, I have 6 points but due to an penalty of 2, I'll just have 4, right?
I'm asking because smith has recieved 8 points penalty and he had 4 points so I think that he will have 2 negative points.

Trophy for perseverance maybe, lol... that car has been surprisingly slow. Sometimes it sets an amazing time at that spec, then comes along on the same track later and is nowhere. Will be glad to see it go.

haha yeah mate, I wont be touching a vw for a long while :P gonna see whether stig is faster ff or fr then he gets that drivetrain ill go with either next season. But yeah I think vw just isn't my thing.

I know Britney Spears! She's a signer while her father has been an racing driver instead. This not-qualifying trophy is a tribute to Jack Spears, who passed away, right? For example, I have 6 points but due to an penalty of 2, I'll just have 4, right?
I'm asking because smith has recieved 8 points penalty and he had 4 points so I think that he will have 2 negative points.

Too easy.

That's not how the penalty system works. Penalty points are completely separate from championship points. We don't take away championship points (we can if we want, but we never have so far).

You have 6 points for finishing 10th in your only race so far. None have been taken away. The fact you have 2 penalty points as well is not connected.

Smith does have 8 penalty points, but he has 4 championship points. How it says on the tables is how it is.

Too easy.

That's not how the penalty system works. Penalty points are completely separate from championship points. We don't take away championship points (we can if we want, but we never have so far).

You have 6 points for finishing 10th in your only race so far. None have been taken away. The fact you have 2 penalty points as well is not connected.

Smith does have 8 penalty points, but he has 4 championship points. How it says on the tables is how it is.
OK. I actually finished 9th on provisional classification. If I wouldn't see just 2 drivers and see all of them instead, I could have finished 9th. Gonna add all them later.

OK. I actually finished 9th on provisional classification. If I wouldn't see just 2 drivers and see all of them instead, I could have finished 9th. Gonna add all them later.

Yes, but you got a 5-second penalty for bad driving which dropped you to 10th place.

That's not how it works. Adding people on PSN doesn't mean your connection is strong enough for them to visible on track to you.

Yes, there was a move into Turn 1 on Lap 6 of the race when brendon was overtaking you on the inside, and you drove into him which pushed him onto the grass on the inside.

You probably couldn't see him on track though.
I couldn't see him. I just could see you. I'll check out the replay.

Back