<- BTCC-7 -> Ian_83 is the Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,522 comments
Just a quick note on the Independents' Championship:

As you know, drivers who don't qualify will score Independent points as well as JST points. These points will be doubled as if they'd taken part in both races. This is best explained using an example...

Say I failed to qualify this week, but I came 7th in the pre-Q race. Three Independents qualified, so that would mean I came 4th in the Independents this week. I'd therefore score 14 points (if pre-Qualifying is seen as an extension of Race 1). This score will then be doubled as if I'd taken part in Race 2 as well, so I'd get 28 points.

Doubling the points doesn't give any sort of advantage, because qualifying and finishing 3rd both times would award 32 points etc. It just keeps the Independents title rolling and more interesting (plus allowing the freedom for an Independent to fail to qualify).

👍

Results from Spa:

Pre-Qualifying Race:

1. Jay_1086
2. glenn_cullen
3. PleaseD1e
4. Mrbrendon999
5. DR_ingo5
6. unitedstomper (warning)
7. HarskGaming96
8. Dimse91 (warning + warning + 5-second penalty)
9. zootee
10. smith1001
11. SpeedyMcQueen

Race 1:

1. rolo912011
2. PleaseD1e
3. xflow1390
4. skengdigi
5. qrtintheshade
6. Jay_1086
7. DR_ingo5
8. Mrbrendon999
9. neljack
10. True-blue-8
11. CptMadBean (5-second penalty)
12. unitedstomper
13. karsten_beoulve
14. Street-King-07 (warning)
15. canyondrifter (warning)
16. glenn_cullen

Pole Position: rolo912011
Fastest Lap: xflow1390 - 2:36.194
Lap Leaders: True-blue-8, xflow1390, rolo912011

Race 2:

1. skengdigi
2. glenn_cullen (warning)
3. True-blue-8 (warning)
4. xflow1390
5. qrtintheshade
neljack
7. PleaseD1e
8. Jay_1086
9. CptMadBean (warning + 5-second penalty)
10. DR_ingo5
11. canyondrifter (5-second penalty)
12. karsten_beoulve
13. unitedstomper (5-second penalty)
14. Mrbrendon999 (warning)
15. Street-King-07 (warning)
DNF. rolo912011 (warning)

Fastest Lap: skengdigi - 2:36.422
Lap Leaders: glenn_cullen, True-blue-8, skengdigi

--

Drivers on Probation:
@Dimse91 - Clean it up in Pre-Qualifying next week or find yourself removed from the series. Too much contact and making overtaking moves that were just never on. Your driving during the Pre-Qualifying race was pretty bad (Laps 3 and 4 in particular).

@mrbrendon999 - you're not in trouble for bad driving, but your connection during Race 1 was terrible at points, and the lag was causing some serious issues. I don't want to have to do this but if you keep lagging that badly then I'm gonna have to ask you to stop racing with us. Try clearing your cache, see if that helps 👍

--

Please PM me if you want your penalties explained to you. You have 24 hours from the time of this post to appeal your penalty/penalties should you wish to.

Points up shortly 👍

--

General Note about Driving Standards:

I was disappointed with the amount of penalties that had to be dished out during Race 2 in particular. It was far, far too dirty from everyone. I encourage everyone at this point to calm their driving down - be more measured in overtaking and braking, stop cutting corners to gain advantage and passing people as a result, give each other sufficient room on the track. Lift off and back out if you have to - there's always the next corner.

Silverstone National is another track with lots of tarmac run-off, and we have a similarly dim view of overusing it there too. Other than that, nice to see a bumper entry and that the cars appeared to be very well-balanced 👍

Last edited:
Oh my god. That was worse than I expected, I've never seen so many warnings and penalties before. :( I'm shocked.

I'll certainly try and keep things cleaner next week, hopefully this was a one-off.

Latest Points:

Drivers' Points:

S7Drivers070314_zps437f5e23.png

Teams' Points:

S7Teams070314_zps99dbe823.png

Manufacturers' Points:

S7Manufacturers070314_zpsa83474ba.png

Independents' Points:

S7Independents070314_zps71258541.png

Jack Sears Trophy:

S7JST070314_zpse2d56470.png

---------

---------​

Next Round: Silverstone National (13/03/14)

Pre-Qualifying Race: 10 Laps

No Pit Stop
Main Races: 20 Laps

Pit Window: 9 - 12

---

Pre-Qualifying Drivers for This Round (please arrive ready for 7pm):

@priesty_lfc
@Scaniabebe
@sibbystiggy
@mrbrendon999
@Dimse91
@unitedstomper
@GTPvw_slc
@Zootee
@hurleyman24
@SpeedyMcQueen

@AlexandaHonda
@flowaangelz
@Harsk100
@swiftsmith
@K1utch

@powwa25
@AudiMan2011
@CptMadBean

@canyondrifter
@azidahaka

Reserves are only allowed to enter the room if there is space to do so!

Locked-in Drivers for This Round (please arrive at around 7.30pm):

@rolo912011
@quade420
@neljack
@SkengD

@Malcolm Tucker
@DirtyNurbKing58
@DR_ingo5
@xflow1390
@Ian_83
@MiuraSV

You guys will get a message from me over PSN when we're ready to get you in. 👍

---------

Results:

1. Spa - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/btcc-7-round-1-spa.290310/page-32#post-9428654

---------​

All information for Silverstone now up and ready 👍

I thought that race was for Top 10 but you say that is just for TOP 6.... :(

Yeah, only 6 drivers qualify through to the main races from Pre-Qualifying.

The top 10 drivers in the Drivers' Championship standings are locked in for each week's racing (or less if a steward is outside the 10)... you could say the top 6 drivers who aren't stewards are locked in.

That makes the full 16-car grid.

If you don't qualify, you still score points for the Independents Championship, plus you have the Jack Sears Trophy if you don't qualify too. 👍

Yeah, only 6 drivers qualify through to the main races from Pre-Qualifying.

The top 10 drivers in the Drivers' Championship standings are locked in for each week's racing (or less if a steward is outside the 10)... you could say the top 6 drivers who aren't stewards are locked in.

That makes the full 16-car grid.

If you don't qualify, you still score points for the Independents Championship, plus you have the Jack Sears Trophy if you don't qualify too. 👍
Yes but I do NOT have points for OVERALL CHAMPIONSHIP. Why?

You didn't qualify from looks of OP...

Also familiar format @rolo912011 ;)

Yeah, giving it a trial out here as well, credit where credit's due ;)

Yeah I'm not gonna argue. It's not up to me to read the rules for people. If points are scored down to 15th place and you classify 17th, you're gonna score 0.

Yeah, giving it a trial out here as well, credit where credit's due ;)

Yeah I'm not gonna argue. It's not up to me to read the rules for people. If points are scored down to 15th place and you classify 17th, you're gonna score 0.
But in 1st race, we were 10. I finished 7th. Then I got 10 positions penalty, right?

But in 1st race, we were 10. I finished 7th. Then I got 10 positions penalty, right?

Yeah, and that race doesn't count for championship points (in the Drivers, Teams or Manufacturers anyway). It's pre-qualifying (i.e. earning the right to race in the main event).

10 drivers locked in before the race.
6 drivers qualify because of that race (Top 6 finishers).
= 16 drivers for the Main Races that do score points.

You came 7th in that race, and therefore 17th overall because 16 drivers were ahead of you on the night.

@rolo912011 yeah I will try clearing my cache, sad to get my first warning though >.< But sorry to all, my dad decided to ignore me and download, found out yesterday, so I do apologise

4th in championship and 3rd constructors?! highest i've ever been lol ;)
no penalty race 1? wow, ok lol

Nobody brought it up to be looked at so we didn't. S**t happens, I suppose. Just one of those things.

Congrats, the Nissan showed up very well 👍

@rolo912011 yeah I will try clearing my cache, sad to get my first warning though >.< But sorry to all, my dad decided to ignore me and download, found out yesterday, so I do apologise

Ah OK, makes sense 👍

That would explain it then. Anyway that you can sabotage the internet so that he can't use it while you're racing?

Are you on a wired connection, because that will also help? Just get a really long ethernet cable from somewhere like Maplin and set it up for the evening. The PS3 wireless seems to be poor.

So what times are we looking at around Silverstone?

I was 1:02.5xx on Thursday after a few laps, that was without making any car adjustments. Gearing and suspension should see me into the high 1:01's and then it's a matter of learning the track and coping with the Volvo's understeer.

I'll be online soon if anyone would like to join in.

Well well all these times coming in and all nice and close *cough Furi* And all parts fitted are open choice again *cough Furi* Blimey next thing your be doing is pre race spec checks Rolo *cough Furi*:sly::P.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back