<- BTCC-8 -> PleaseD1e Doubles Up! PAR Teams, Renault Manufacturers, canyondrifter IndependentsFinished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,698 comments
You can only test cars at a balance and see how they do.

Thing with the jag it's quick on it's racing lines off them?
It will be an over weight not turning not braking car.

But my garage chaps already taking it out of the question to pick :(
As it needs more weight and more BHP, why well to move the weight around.

Just going to be a front end heavy car and nothing you can tune around it.
Bit like Ian problem only FR this time.

Maybe bring one back and add a new FF?

6 FFs, 4 FRs? Seems an odd balance when there's the option of 5/5

You can only test cars at a balance and see how they do.

Thing with the jag it's quick on it's racing lines off them?
It will be an over weight not turning not braking car.

But my garage chaps already taking it out of the question to pick :(
As it needs more weight and more BHP, why well to move the weight around.

Just going to be a front end heavy car and nothing you can tune around it.
Bit like Ian problem only FR this time.

No idea, that's why we test these things. Car list still provisional. Specs can be modified, cars moved.

Okay. Think I misunderstood the original post thinking there was another FR already.

Bring the 135i back... Would be nice to have an almost completely premium list! 👍

Never ran the 135i in this series :P - I ran it a little while ago and it was a touch awkward, but now with extra power available it might be better - I will check it out.

Never ran the 135i in this series :P - I ran it a little while ago and it was a touch awkward, but now with extra power available it might be better - I will check it out.

I tried it out when I was planning on a WTCC Series a while ago and even though it felt odd (as I'm not a FR guy); probably the turbos causing mayhem! :P

I tried it out when I was planning on a WTCC Series a while ago and even though it felt odd (as I'm not a FR guy); probably the turbos causing mayhem! :P

Well, I'll consider the 135i. Try 315/1460 to begin with.

No more testing today, I'm spent.

want my baby nissan back :(
5 FR and 5 FF is a good idea

Gonna do it, screw it.

I'm basically at the point now where I'm just like 'take what you're given'. The only way people are gonna truly find out how cars work is running them in an actual season. Always been the way, always will. Testing has clearly drained me lol :ouch:

BMW 330i will be the Beemer in once again provisionally, but up to 1420kg.

Only people with authority to whinge from this point about car performance are people who've actually done as much sustained testing as I have. Not saying anybody has been, but I'm covering my backside nonetheless.

Each of the 10 cars has 4 available spaces, so 40 slots for 24 drivers (+ reserves). Don't like your car, find another one that suits you better.

Sorry to be a little blunt.

Last edited:
Once I've got the cars together - I'll give them a good shakedown and see what's what with them (and maybe even try my genius point scoring tactic) ;)

so just to clarify, what FR's are now allowed?

2010 Jaguar XFR (310bhp, 1500kg)
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe (305bhp, 1450kg)
2008 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG (305bhp, 1450kg)
2006 Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP (305bhp, 1440kg)
2005 BMW 330i (305bhp, 1420kg)

Oh, and the Ford's going up 20kg as well for the time being. On this calendar it just seems incredibly quick in my hands.

I'm more than prepared to do group tests, but what I really need right now is some actual racing with a decent field. Hopefully there will be time for this post-season 7, if not before.

Now that the car list is definitive (there will be no more additions), it's time for this...

General sign-ups will open tomorrow (Thursday) at 10pm UK time (5pm US Eastern). So, after the Silverstone race, basically.

The top 10 in the Drivers' Championship will automatically have reserved places. Only xflow has failed to re-sign out of the current locked in group.

For everyone else, it's first come first served, for places and car selection.

You will be able to change cars later if there is space to do so. If a car is dropped for performance reasons, you will be allowed to choose a car even if there are no spaces left for it.

Citroen, Hyundai and Mercedes must run the 'No Wings' option instead of 'Standard' in GT Auto. The other 7 cars must run standard.

No floors or kits permitted.
I have all cars ready for testing. One question: Will we be able to change cars during the championship (e.g. car oversteers a lot... or braking too much...)

Back