<- BTCC-8 -> PleaseD1e Doubles Up! PAR Teams, Renault Manufacturers, canyondrifter IndependentsFinished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,698 comments
I've done a 1:29.5xx in the Alfa. It still has some more to give, the transmission was still stock and I didn't really fine tune the suspension (the toe was certainly miles out).

My Renault was 1:28.9xx. That was using a proven suspension, although it might benefit from tweaks.

Overall, Apricot Hill is an odd track, the first and final sectors take some perfecting and I'm not getting it quite right yet; So I'm hoping that I can improve some more before the race.

Xflow was fast in the Hyundai (nice to see the Hyundai doing so well), faster then me for sure. It's great to see him back on the track again, he's a fast driver.

I've done a 1:29.5xx in the Alfa. It still has some more to give, the transmission was still stock and I didn't really fine tune the suspension (the toe was certainly miles out).

My Renault was 1:28.9xx. That was using a proven suspension, although it might benefit from tweaks.

Overall, Apricot Hill is an odd track, the first and final sectors take some perfecting and I'm not getting it quite right yet; So I'm hoping that I can improve some more before the race.

Xflow was fast in the Hyundai (nice to see the Hyundai doing so well), faster then me for sure. It's great to see him back on the track again, he's a fast driver.
If that's the case it may be me in the Alfa that sucks :c, with Indy I could almost match yours and skengs times in Renault and Nissan, but Pug and Alfa was down 1s+ I guess different cars suit different peeps eh.

I guess different cars suit different peeps eh.
This is very true mate. There are cars that I am useless with and others are just awesome. :lol:

Currently struggling to get the Renault into the 1:28's..... Stuck in the 29.1xx's since swapping lobbies, so the gap between the cars isn't all that massive at Apricot Hill. To be fair, I haven't tried the Alfa around Indy since the thursdays race, so I can't comment on its performance around there. What I will say (and this is a slight hint), pay close attention to the Toe angle with the Alfa, I had a little play and found that it responded to toe really well, so with more time you should be able to find the sweet spot. ;)

I just love the Alfa. The first sector is my favorite sector, but I dread the final sector.

This is very true mate. There are cars that I am useless with and others are just awesome. :lol:

Currently struggling to get the Renault into the 1:28's..... Stuck in the 29.1xx's since swapping lobbies, so the gap between the cars isn't all that massive at Apricot Hill. To be fair, I haven't tried the Alfa around Indy since the thursdays race, so I can't comment on its performance around there. What I will say (and this is a slight hint), pay close attention to the Toe angle with the Alfa, I had a little play and found that it responded to toe really well, so with more time you should be able to find the sweet spot. ;)
i tried hard to fond it xC

I had a couple of races with CaptMadBean and Canyon last night. The first one was a bit of a disaster, loads of mistakes were made such as running wide out of turns and getting the grass, or too fast through turn 1 and into turn 2.... It's easy to make a mistake here especially when in the slipstream.

The second race we had was much better, tough battles between the 3 of us, the Hyundai was clearly faster through the corners and the Renault was able to use its straight line speed to good effect too.

I'm in no doubt that this is an FR track, although I'm sure that it'll be easy for an FR to get too much oversteer, especially on the cold tyres.

FF drivers, expect tyre wear here. Try and look after the tyres for a couple of laps to avoid the inevitable drop-off in pace.

đź‘Ť

I had a couple of races with CaptMadBean and Canyon last night. The first one was a bit of a disaster, loads of mistakes were made such as running wide out of turns and getting the grass, or too fast through turn 1 and into turn 2.... It's easy to make a mistake here especially when in the slipstream.

The second race we had was much better, tough battles between the 3 of us, the Hyundai was clearly faster through the corners and the Renault was able to use its straight line speed to good effect too.

I'm in no doubt that this is an FR track, although I'm sure that it'll be easy for an FR to get too much oversteer, especially on the cold tyres.

FF drivers, expect tyre wear here. Try and look after the tyres for a couple of laps to avoid the inevitable drop-off in pace.

đź‘Ť

I noticed the tires here. In practice the tires started to drop off after lap 6/7 for me in the Alfa.

Just a heads-up for @rolo912011, @Ian_83, @SkengD : If stewarding for tomorrows races runs into Friday, I won't be there as I'm heading down to East Kilbride to look at a car my father is interested in.

I'm aiming to try and get online again sometime this evening for another test at Apricot Hill. I'm not sure what time it'll be as it depends on how the day goes at work. Hopefully I'll be on by about 21:00BST.

If there are a few of us then I'll run a couple of races. Race practice can really help, rather than just doing solo hot laps. đź‘Ť

I'm hoping for a larger grid this week, it should make it much more difficult and entertaining.

By some sort of miracle, I set a PB in the Merc of 1:29.3 ahead of tomorrow's races, though soon afterwards I was back at around 29.8/29.9 when trying to match it.

@Scaniabebe - you could always donate your PS3 to Harsk. đź‘Ť :sly:

Turns 1 + 2 are going to claim some victims tonight, finding the perfect entry speed through turn 1 and the braking point for turn 2 isn't going to be easy when under pressure. Same goes for the final chicane too, slightly too fast out of the chicane and catching the grass is inevitable.

I'm loving this track though, the mix of bends is lovely and it's a really nice challenge in the FF. It's going to be a tough race that's for sure.

@Scaniabebe - you could always donate your PS3 to Harsk. đź‘Ť :sly:

Turns 1 + 2 are going to claim some victims tonight, finding the perfect entry speed through turn 1 and the braking point for turn 2 isn't going to be easy when under pressure. Same goes for the final chicane too, slightly too fast out of the chicane and catching the grass is inevitable.

I'm loving this track though, the mix of bends is lovely and it's a really nice challenge in the FF. It's going to be a tough race that's for sure.

I'm loving this track too. At first I really didn't like it too much. But now, there's something about it that I really like, I just don't know what.

Back