<- BTCC-8 -> PleaseD1e Doubles Up! PAR Teams, Renault Manufacturers, canyondrifter IndependentsFinished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,698 comments
It is the Premium DC5 Touring Car. Don't ask me why it's now separate. Blame PD.
honda_integra_type_r__dc5__touring_car__04_by_gt6_garage-d7fu0dy.png
Looks like I've got to buy a new car... Lol.. Good ole integra... It will be interesting to see what's changed from gt5 to gt6 in regards to how she handles

I gave it a blast earlier, as I was too excited :lol: I'm using a wheel now and it felt ok in GT5 on the DS3. But on GT6 I don't like the FF Cars using the wheel, but it actually handles really nice.

It's got less power as well I think. But i'm looking forward to it. Good ol' times :gtpflag:

I'll be about this evening probably

My question is whether or not we can have a success penalty for next season? I think that it will really help and I wish that we'd had it this season too.

My question is whether or not we can have a success penalty for next season? I think that it will really help and I wish that we'd had it this season too.

Again, it's a problem of it having different effects on different cars that may mean reducing 30hp has more effect on one than another. Plus, especially in the case of FFs, adding weight may actually make the cars faster. Other cars are specced so that it's impossible to add the maximum success weight. All in all, it would be an ineffective mess.

Again, it's a problem of it having different effects on different cars that may mean reducing 30hp has more effect on one than another. Plus, especially in the case of FFs, adding weight may actually make the cars faster. Other cars are specced so that it's impossible to add the maximum success weight. All in all, it would be an ineffective mess.

I noticed at Brands with the Alfa, 1330kg went faster than 1320kg. I think a few tenths faster. Maybe half a second.

The only real solution with fast FFs is to cut power since more weight can change the weight distribution depending on the ballast position.

Hence why the VW was cut to 295hp in BTCC-7 and why the 207 is at 300hp now.

If only it was a Premium Model.

I'm not bothered with having Standards in this series. Never have been.

I noticed at Brands with the Alfa, 1330kg went faster than 1320kg. I think a few tenths faster. Maybe half a second.

Precisely.

It's just a mess if you need two different systems for the two drivetrains and whatnot. It's better just to leave it.

I'd love for the whole field to be premium models, but the problem is that the majority of cars are still standard versions and that's all thanks to PD.

BTCC-9
As you're probably all aware (and if not, I'll clear it up here), the next proper season will be the 9th of regular BTCC. However, there will be a little bit of a break before it kicks off in order to allow proper testing to take place (and so I can catch a bit of a break also). As I'm sure I've said before, my testing time and opportunity is a little limited these days, and so I've had very kind offers from the likes of @AudiMan2011 and @Ian_83 to help me along with the process. Of course, feel free to join them on that, and I will of course chip in where required and when I can.

When it comes to the car list, don't be expecting miracles or a complete revolution, because it's not going to happen. It's too much work and only if you design and build a series yourself can you fully appreciate the time and effort it all needs (and only if you're me can you know how much I don't want to spend another 200 hours of track time doing this :sly:). One thing I can confirm publicly at this stage is that the Renault and Nissan will not be returning, and that the remaining eight cars are all scheduled to return at this stage. The specs of those eight cars will be tweaked to hopefully ensure all can win. If you want new, there will be new - I do intend to have 9 or 10 choices to pick from, so that of course means one or two new machines. Those, however, will be staying under wraps for now ;) Please save on the car list suggestions, I've already got the potential cars in mind and have begun testing these. 👍

There will, however, be something of a rather different look about the track list for next season. More on that to come :sly:

As with this season, there will be a period of pre-season racing where points for taking part will be awarded. However, I would like to conduct some testing in private with the stewards first before we get to this. So, to fill that gap, I intend to bring into play an idea that @DirtyNurbKing58 suggested to me the other day. There's been a bit of talk about the old Integra series in recent days, and so I would like to resurrect it as a pre-season mini series to keep the racing flowing while testing gets done by the stewards at other times.

I plan to run this for the four weeks after this season finishes (September 11th - October 2nd), to the same format as this season, so 12 races in all. There has been talk about allowing tuning for this series, and I think in a limited sense I will do so. I want to keep the basic power/weight specs the same (i.e. stock spec), so that applying a success penalty (which in my view made that series so great) is very straight forward. However, beyond that, stuff like gearbox and suspension tuning should be fair game. I'm not sure of people's views on this, so if you're desperate for tuning prohibited again, say, then I'll put that into play. I will make a separate, dedicated thread for that series probably next week to allow sufficient time for sign-ups and such.

Hopefully this clears up all of the mixed messages about the future of the series, which to be honest hasn't been helped by the fact I didn't really know what I wanted to do next :sly:

the tuning would be a plus , ill vote for it

Well spotted, sorry about that. They will be included in next times' posted tables. Jaguar have 52 points, still 9th in the Manufacturers' table.

There's also no points shown for Digicool Racing from Willow Springs up to now.

Back