<- BTCC-8 -> PleaseD1e Doubles Up! PAR Teams, Renault Manufacturers, canyondrifter IndependentsFinished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,698 comments
Guys I don't want to be disagreeable, but in the last week race two drivers massive crash in the same turn and ruined my race, today was the same, I can report it, maybe they will be penalized, but you ruin my fun I think there will be better if they brakes a little bit early, another thing is the track re enter after a spin out, today I crashed with two drivers because they recovery a spin and went in the middle of the way when I was passing at full throttle, it's unfun, unintegrity, this thing had not to happen. A contact is part of the race, but a massive crash because u wanna pass two drivers at 200 in a U turn of 100 NOT, I only crash Madbean for lag and I feel so sorry for this because I try to be fair as much as I can everytime. I want fun and integrity. Not race alone an entire race because you race without brakes. I'm not fast as the best, but I am consistent, fairy, and I don't wanna more wait a week for be crashed at first turn. Next week I will race again if you want, but I want ask you a bit more of concentration and loyalty because when you kick me off the track my race is finished. And at last, for me the penalty system have to be more astringent. Sorry for my poor english. See you next week

Dont worry about your english tenderly , it is good enough and I am sure it will improve like your driving.

I told the stewards last week I was impressed with your driving and I hope you stick it out with us .

BTCC is one of those series where you have to know your pace and the others around you , it takes a while to learn how to race with everyone .

Some guys you dont have to worry about and some you do , I guess that is racing .

What I mean is you have to choose your overtakes wisely and sometimes you have to brake a lot earlier than you usually would because even though you are faster than other drivers they are going to defend so hard that they will end up in a mistake or crash .

Late braking is not the only way to make a pass

I had to leave at race 2 as due to heavy rain there was a power cut and my inverter cannot hold longer than 15 mins
Sorry for the inconvenience caused

Last edited:
Well said Skeng. 👍

Learning your opponent is quite important, it allows us the ability to predict what will happen and react accordingly. I have to change my driving to match the person that I'm racing against too. For instance one particular person can be very late on the brakes and will dive up the inside at any given opportunity, therefore I either slam the door shut, or leave it wide open and get an easy cut back on the corner exit. Being able to predict your opponents is very useful.

The other issue in the BTCC, which is very difficult to avoid, is that the racing can be extremely close in mid-field. There are sometimes 2 or 3 cars fighting for the same piece of track at the same moment, which (if not careful) can lead to an inevitable mistake being made and an incident.

The BTCC doesn't discriminate or refuse entry to drivers that are not fast enough, but we will ban someone that causes multiple incidents that could have otherwise been avoided. That is the reason why the BTCC has drivers of different skill level on the track and also why the lobby is generally quite full too.

Tenderly, you have great potential, it would be a shame if you left so soon.

Still chuffed I missed race 1 , hopefully I will catch Ian by round 8

Willow will be another close race , I don't expect to be on top there for sure

Guys I don't want to be disagreeable, but in the last week race two drivers massive crash in the same turn and ruined my race, today was the same, I can report it, maybe they will be penalized, but you ruin my fun I think there will be better if they brakes a little bit early, another thing is the track re enter after a spin out, today I crashed with two drivers because they recovery a spin and went in the middle of the way when I was passing at full throttle, it's unfun, unintegrity, this thing had not to happen. A contact is part of the race, but a massive crash because u wanna pass two drivers at 200 in a U turn of 100 NOT, I only crash Madbean for lag and I feel so sorry for this because I try to be fair as much as I can everytime. I want fun and integrity. Not race alone an entire race because you race without brakes. I'm not fast as the best, but I am consistent, fairy, and I don't wanna more wait a week for be crashed at first turn. Next week I will race again if you want, but I want ask you a bit more of concentration and loyalty because when you kick me off the track my race is finished. And at last, for me the penalty system have to be more astringent. Sorry for my poor english. See you next week

The incidents have been reported and will be dealt with. 👍

I agree with regards to safe rejoining of the circuit. Do what you'd do on the public road, look for traffic!

It would be great to have you back if you're willing to race.

I will look into toughening up the penalty system. This season is getting a little messy and that's not how BTCC is.

I had to leave at race 2 as due to heavy there was a power cut and my inverter cannot hold longer than 15 mins
Sorry for the inconvenience caused

That's alright, see you next week!

on another note, good to see alfas finishing high @Malcolm Tucker

Yeh definitely, the alfa was a lot stronger here than it has been. I still think it needs that -10/20kg though :sly:, imo with my new setup it's got similar cornering capabilities as the Renault but no where near the straight line speed.

So, to catch my breath... True, Tenderly and karsten are all bailing after today?

@DirtyNurbKing58 won't quit because I'm still under contract, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't want me to initiate criminal proceedings against him. I think it's cos he accidentally drove the blue car; poo brown is worth at least 3 tenths a lap, but it does leave skidmarks :lol:

Actually, team guys.. can you sort out running the same colours on both cars please? It is in the rules and it makes it easier to know who's what.

Yeh definitely, the alfa was a lot stronger here than it has been. I still think it needs that -10/20kg though :sly:, imo with my new setup it's got similar cornering capabilities as the Renault but no where near the straight line speed.

@DirtyNurbKing58 won't quit because I'm still under contract, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't want me to initiate criminal proceedings against him. I think it's cos he accidentally drove the blue car; poo brown is worth at least 3 tenths a lap, but it does leave skidmarks :lol:

defo mate, can u pm me in sec

I can't see any reason why someone would purposely not drive a brown car :D
:crazy:

The incidents have been reported and will be dealt with. 👍

I agree with regards to safe rejoining of the circuit. Do what you'd do on the public road, look for traffic!

I will look into toughening up the penalty system. This season is getting a little messy and that's not how BTCC is.
A safe rejoin should be fairly obvious really, so anyone that is pulling across a line of cars to rejoin is going to be penalised. In some extreme circunstances it can be difficult if the accident partially blocks the track with cars already virtually there, but in those cases sometimes it's best to just simply wait until its clear and then move or, try to get as tight to the edge of the track or off the track at the nearest possible point. Never reverse into an oncoming flow of cars. Commonsense really.

The penalty system works, but the incidents do need reporting by drivers. The stewards can't review all 3 races from multiple cars as we simply don't have enough hours in the day. So if anyone is involved in an incident, then please PM a stewarding stating which race, lap and if possible which turn and we will review it. 👍 We don't ignore reports and just because there is no obvious warning given for a particular incident doesn't automatically mean that we've ignored it. Sometimes we have to discuss an incident for a while because it's really difficult to tell who or what is at fault and then we have to reach an agreement before action can be taken.

I'd love to see the BTCC racing perfectly clean, but the fact is that this series has short races which with a close field of drivers will result in some incidents. It's not as though we're racing in a field of cars that are equally spread out and running on rails like the AI cars do. Endurance racing is a totally different ball game to this, it's all about strategy
In R1 t2 i was killed by indian guy (name?) and in R2 L1 i was divebombed out >_>

If you have had an incident please report it to a steward via a PM, how many more times do we need to tell people this.

Read the rules, they are there for the benefit of all:
Stewards are rolo912011, skengdigi, PleaseD1e and Street-King-07. Please PM the stewards via GTPlanet or PSN regarding on-track incidents. Do NOT publicly address the issue with the other driver(s) involved. In general, the stewards will only view what is reported to them via PM, although action may also be taken if any non-reported incidents are seen.

Wow, seems like a lot of unhappy people around here just now.

Anyway, only races i'll be able to make from the remaining rounds are Brands, Red Bull Ring and Nurb GP/D.

Sorry I couldn't make it on Thursday, been doing work experience all this week and had stuff to do at night as well. won't make make Willow Springs either as I'm on holiday next week :(

Last edited:
Think I got in the way in race 1 when I was knocked off track on turn 2.
Using the wheel seems to have one big problem getting in to revese.

Plus When I rolled back on track, I thought things were clear to do so.
But it was to late when on track to do anything when tenderly90 was coming.
I just hoped I rolled out of the way, only option I had was roll or hit the gas to make me go forward.

Good driving by tenderly to miss me and then go round Ingo5 who stopped to give my place back.

I'm hoping for a 2 lap race. 👍

Willow is going to be an FR track. The Nissan will grip like crazy around the turns.

Results from Grand Valley Speedway:

Race 1:

1. canyondrifter
2. hurleyman24
3. PleaseD1e
4. xflow1390
5. mrbrendon999
6. rolo912011
7. Street-King-07
8. glenn_cullen
9. Sig1611
10. tenderly90
11. CptMadBean
12. DR_ingo5 (warning)
13. karsten_beoulve (warning)
NC. Ruzinvincible
DNF. True-blue-8

Pole: PleaseD1e
Fastest Lap: hurleyman24 - 2:02.084
Lap Leaders: PleaseD1e, hurleyman24, Street-King-07, canyondrifter

Race 2:

1. skengdigi
2. canyondrifter
3. xflow1390
4. PleaseD1e
5. rolo912011
6. tenderly90 (warning)
7. CptMadBean
8. Sig1611
9. hurleyman24
10. Street-King-07
11. glenn_cullen
12. DR_ingo5
13. mrbrendon999 (warning)
DNF. karsten_beoulve (warning)
DNF. Ruzinvincible (warning)

Fastest Lap: skengdigi - 2:02.331
Lap Leaders: skengdigi, canyondrifter

Race 3:

1. skengdigi
2. hurleyman24
3. canyondrifter
4. PleaseD1e
5. Street-King-07
6. glenn_cullen
7. xflow1390
8. mrbrendon999
9. rolo912011 (warning)
10. Sig1611
11. CptMadBean
12. DR_ingo5
DNF. tenderly90 (warning)
DNF. karsten_beoulve

Fastest Lap: hurleyman24 - 2:01.742
Lap Leaders: hurleyman24, Street-King-07, skengdigi

----

Drivers on Probation:
@Speedster7 - Due to your driving standards in your opening meeting, you have been placed on probation for your next round. If your current driving standards continue at your next meeting, you will be removed from the series.

Delayed Time Penalties:
@Speedster7 - a 15-second time penalty will be applied to the next race in which you finish but do not place last.

----

Please PM me if you want your penalties explained, or to appeal. You have 24 hours from the time of this post to appeal penalties.

Points up shortly. 👍​

Back