BTCC Online Championship S3 - Season Finale: Grand Valley Speedway

  • Thread starter Thread starter rolo912011
  • 541 comments
  • 26,186 views

Which day of the week should the BTCCOC take place?

  • Monday

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tuesday

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Wednesday

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Thursday

    Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Friday

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Saturday

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunday

    Votes: 5 41.7%

  • Total voters
    12
  • Poll closed .
I've forgotten :)

Full list with specs:


Alfa Romeo:

'02 147 GTA (305bhp, 1200kg)
'02 147 2.0 Twinspark (305bhp, 1200kg)


Audi:

S4 '03 (?) (305bhp, 1500kg/1600kg)


BMW:

120d '04 (305bhp, 1400kg)
120i '04 (?) (305bhp, 1400kg)
330i '05 (305bhp, 1400kg)


Ford:

Focus ST '06 (305bhp, 1200kg)
Focus RS '02 (305bhp, 1200kg)
Focus ST170 '03 (?) (305bhp, 1200kg)


Honda:

Integra (DC2) '95 (305bhp, 1200kg)
Accord Euro-R '00 (?) (305bhp, 1200kg)
'01 Civic Type R (305bhp, 1200kg)
'04 Civic Type R (305bhp, 1200kg)


Lexus:

'98 IS200 (305bhp, 1300kg)


Mazda:

'03 6 5-door (305bhp, 1200kg)
'03 Atenza Sport 23Z (305bhp, 1200kg)
'07 Atenza Sport 25Z (305bhp, 1200kg)


Renault:

'02 Renaultsport Clio 2.0 16V (305bhp, 1200kg)


SEAT:

'04 Ibiza Cupra (305bhp, 1200kg)


Volkswagen:

'05 Golf V GTI (305bhp, 1200kg)
'10 Golf VI R (?) - DLC - (305bhp, 1400kg)

Volvo:

'03 S60 T-5 Sport (305bhp, 1200kg)


---------------

Not all of them need to be run of course - I reckon the focus in particular needs to be on those cars in italics.

Note that the Lexus is 1300kg.

It will still be a '4 entries per manufacturer' limit in Season 4.
 
Last edited:
the integra is in? >_> sure?
 
the integra is in? >_> sure?

The '95 model only. The '98, '99, '03 and '04 cars are way too fast.

The '04 model was the one used in Season 1.
 
Is this final? The list looks huge (no '08 Civic though???)
 
Is this final? The list looks huge (no '08 Civic though???)

Well, pretty much. Testing is needed mainly to iron out the cars in italics and confirm if they're good enough. It is a large list but there is still a '4 entries per manufacturer' limit. I've run all the cars and they are all within each other's pace, pretty much. Updates may have altered things slightly, so I'm open to dropping cars or changing their spec.

Yes, there is no '08 Civic, since it's never actually been a BTCC car. The '04 Civic hatch, which has been, can be considered its direct replacement.
 
Only car i'm interested in for season 4 is the 01/04 Civic Type R.

I can be around for some testing if you need a hand. Let me know what days
 
Only car i'm interested in for season 4 is the 01/04 Civic Type R.

I can be around for some testing if you need a hand. Let me know what days

Probably one evening this week if people would rather do that to Suzuka testing.
 
I will join too too to test the civic
 
Anybody planning on being on this evening? (Suzuka testing)
 
Post and ill join
 
Did you guys do any running?

When I joined Rolo has just signed out and Skeg was running with the V8 guys.
 
Did you guys do any running?

When I joined Rolo has just signed out and Skeg was running with the V8 guys.

None last night for me, I was with the V8 guys as well. 👍
 
Hello everyone , just wanted to know if there is any chance to join this season , or i must wait for another ?
 
Hello everyone , just wanted to know if there is any chance to join this season , or i must wait for another ?

You can join this season if you'd like. Add Geeky30 on PSN. 👍

What car will you be using?

As a note to all those who want sign-ups closed for the end of the season, I'll stop taking sign-ups after this round, so no more new faces at Autumn Ring or GVS 👍
 
I would like to go with BMW 330i
 
We can do some suzuka practice tonight but i will be on late i think , 9 pm uk time
 
somesuzuka times? i've yet to hit the track and they could be of use...also how many laps for r2?
 
somesuzuka times? i've yet to hit the track and they could be of use...also how many laps for r2?

24 laps in R2 - all info on post #3. 👍

On Soft tyres I've done a 2:17.9.
 
a decent time on hards? i'll be racing for r2, the mazda is not a 4 laps race winner... I guess the audi can make in the first sector and at the start a gap big enough that it would take more than 4 laps to catch back :D
 
24 laps in R2 - all info on post #3. 👍

On Soft tyres I've done a 2:17.9.

Fast time.

I've only ran on the DS3 running AT but I was around the low 21s,

I did quickly try my wheel and I was 2.5s up after sector 2 but someone rang the doorbell!
 
Fast time.

I've only ran on the DS3 running AT but I was around the low 21s,

I did quickly try my wheel and I was 2.5s up after sector 2 but someone rang the doorbell!

Remove battery problem solved.:D:idea:
 
Afraid I'm probably gonna miss the last round because of my French exchange... gutted, it'll be mission impossible to wrap the independents' up before GVS :scared: Thank goodness for double points :lol:
On Soft tyres I've done a 2:17.9.
Bugger :lol:

edit, 2.19.7 at the moment, at least half a second left to find though
 
Last edited:
Anyone online or going on ?

I guess earlier tomorrow we meet up .
 
Last edited:
Regarding the track vote, if DLC tracks get in then I'm going to propose a new little rule to help those who don't have any of the circuits, because let's face it - not all of us can afford DLC, and we shouldn't have to have them if we don't want them.

Basically, if you don't have a particular DLC track, and that means you can't race, then you will be awarded some points by default, since missing the race isn't your fault. Your 'points per race' for the season up to that point (calculated by dividing your points up to that point by the number of races you have finished) will be calculated, and then rounded up/down to the nearest whole number. You will then be awarded those number of points for both races, as it fairly reflects where you probably would have been had you have been racing. 👍

Abusing the system to get free points would be strictly penalised! :grumpy: You would only qualify for this if you don't have the DLC track. If you miss the race for some other reason, but you do have the DLC tracks and could have raced, you won't get the points.

----

It's still Reverse Championship Order leading 3-1 over Normal Championship Order in the grid poll, which also will be closed on Friday.
 
Last edited:
Just an idea for you Rolo why not just drop everyones weakest race? IE If you miss Spa (DLC) that would be your weakest track so zero points. If one of you completes the whole season then drop the weakest points haul whatever track that might be, this evens things up since everyone usually misses a race for one reason or another. An idea for you to think about wish you well.👍
 
Sounds like a great idea rolo, less messy than dropped scores as well
 
Anyone going online ?
 
Anyone going online ?

Not tonight I don't think.

----------

sc61jgw has been banned from racing at Suzuka following confirmation by the stewards.

If he fails to get the message and attempts to start the race, he will be kicked and issued further penalties.
 
Last edited:
Back