BTCC Online Championship S3 - Season Finale: Grand Valley Speedway

  • Thread starter Thread starter rolo912011
  • 541 comments
  • 26,189 views

Which day of the week should the BTCCOC take place?

  • Monday

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tuesday

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Wednesday

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Thursday

    Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Friday

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Saturday

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunday

    Votes: 5 41.7%

  • Total voters
    12
  • Poll closed .
Suzuka sprint will be 4 laps.

Suzuka enduro will be 24 laps.

Me and gedi are testing at the moment and feel we should change tyre/fuel wear to 'Fast' for Suzuka (for Race 2 only). Nothing set in stone though. 'Fast' looks very promising though, as gedi can attest.

Judging by our running, I highly doubt anyone would use Hards, and if we kept wear at 'Normal', I doubt anyone would use the Mediums either. On 'Fast', the Medium tyre becomes more of an option. Depends if you guys want a race where you can use more compounds, even though 'Fast' may disadvantage the FF drivers a little. Another big plus for 'Fast' is that the fuel really comes into play. On 'Normal' I would never have needed to top up with fuel, whereas on 'Fast', if I didn't take fuel in the 1st stop I may well have run out by the 2nd stop. Over 24 laps the fuel could get quite marginal if you decide not to fuel at one of your stops!

Just to point out, gedi used a Focus in our tests on 'Fast', so our data isn't all 4WD. 👍

Lap times are around late 2:17s to 2:20 in our running, although there will be more variation here as it's a longer circuit, so we could see 2:22s or 2:23s 👍
 
Last edited:
Yeah sorry.

I was actually confused with what was was going on tbh, killa was behind me at the start then all of a sudden he wast, then geeky said something about sc dropping back so I thought he took kk out, as someone had already dropped out at that point (again I thought it was killa) so I pulled over and quit as I thought we were gonna restart.

My bad, I should have just carried on!

As for race 1, kinda as I expected, at the back! Lol

Was catching weezy but he pitted early, I carried on and was surprised how far in front of him I came out.

Anyway, we'll done skeg and killa, great battle for 2nd then killa and gedi, great battle for 1st :)

Yeh, that had me scratching my head too....thought i would have got out the pits well in front of you!!!!

Was an ok return to racing for me, scored some decent points even tho i still finished last in the second race:)

Didn't seem like there were any incidents, which is always good. Looking forward to the endurance race, should be fun.
 
Can we get a descision on the settings for the endurance race sometime today, so that everyone know what they should be testing to?
 
For the enduro race i say leave tire/fuel at normal . We cant be trying new things near the end of the season + its a long race why would we be promoting more pit stops and we already have a mandatory 2 . Needless to say FAST would put the FF cars at a disadvantage because Suzuka is hard on the front tires.

So my vote is to leave it at NORMAL
 
SkengD
For the enduro race i say leave tire/fuel at normal . We cant be trying new things near the end of the season + its a long race why would we be promoting more pit stops and we already have a mandatory 2 . Needless to say FAST would put the FF cars at a disadvantage because Suzuka is hard on the front tires.

So my vote is to leave it at NORMAL

Yeah I agree. First sector kills front tyres quicker than any other sector in the game...
 
Yeah, I say leave it at normal as well

Will it be double points for both races then?
 
I reckon I'd be looking at 3/4 stops if its on fast, say 20-25s a pit stop that's amount 2mins lost already.

Normal with a 2 pit minimum is about right I reckon.
 
OK the majority have spoken! Settings will left on 'Normal'.

The details of next week's races are available on post #3 of the thread.

Both races are double points, including the sprint.

--

Regarding quitting actually, it really wouldn't be worthwhile in either race because of the double points - if you park up out of the way and come 8th or whatever, that's still 16 points in the bag whereas it's usually 8.

I would say though that you'd have to have completed more than 50% of the race (12 laps) to qualify to score the points.
 
Last edited:
Points and Suzuka Race 1 Grid now up.

Stewards' decision still pending regarding sc61jgw at the start of Race 2. It's possible he could still be banned for Suzuka.

The gap at the top of the Drivers' Championship is down to 17 points.

Fights of interest include eBay vs VW Racing for 2nd in the Teams' Championship, BMW vs VW for 2nd in the Manufacturers' Championship, and priesty vs Rob vs karsten for the Independents' crown. :)

------

I'm going to start a new poll regarding Race 1 grids for next season - should it continue as reverse championship order, or should it be switched to normal championship order (i.e. the guy who leads the championship starts on pole)? Please quote the text in bold below and add your vote to it in thread (since changing the poll appears to be a pain in the arse to do). I'll stop the poll and take results on Friday 👍

My vote:

Reverse Championship Order - 1
Normal Championship Order - 0
 
Last edited:
Fights of interest include eBay vs VW Racing for 2nd in the Teams' Championship, BMW vs VW for 2nd in the Manufacturers' Championship, and priesty vs Rob vs karsten for the Independents' crown. :)
The Independents' is the main thing I'm looking at right now... although I'd be lucky to win it. Suzuka will be interesting :)
Stewards' decision still pending regarding sc61jgw at the start of Race 2. It's possible he could still be banned for Suzuka.
I think that would be a little harsh... he did drop back, and after all, we need all the drivers we can get :nervous:

Reverse Championship Order - 1
Normal Championship Order - 1
 
I think that would be a little harsh... he did drop back, and after all, we need all the drivers we can get :nervous:

He crashed and fell back, and then quit. In my view he made no attempt to back off, to the point that Geeky compromised his own race to tell him to fall to the back (which he ignored). That meant in-race chat which distracted other drivers 👎

He's on 4 points anyway so if he got a warning for it we'd have no option but a race ban. Waiting on killa's opinion about the incident 👍
 
Last edited:
I really enjoy the reverse grid system and it also shows fellow drivers how you can be fast, clean and most importantly the race isn't won in 1 corner or 1 lap.

So I vote for the reverse grid system.
 
Last edited:
I really enjoy the reverse gris system and it also shows fellow drivers how you can be fast, clean and most importantly the race isn't won in 1 corner or 1 lap.

So I vote for the reverse grid system.

Reverse Championship Order - 2
Normal Championship Order - 1
 
Reverse Championship Order - 2
Normal Championship Order - 1

I vote for reverse order as well. Gives you faster guys a chance to do some overtaking as well

Reverse Championship Order - 3
Normal Championship Order - 1
 
For Season 4, whats everyones views on "run-off areas". Normally we follow the rule 2 wheels on track at all times...but when certain tracks come up we allow some off track areas (i.e. concrete area before the tunnel at deep forrest).

Should we not just ban all off-track areas....seems a bit silly to be changing the rules each week
 
wiseguy007
For Season 4, whats everyones views on "run-off areas". Normally we follow the rule 2 wheels on track at all times...but when certain tracks come up we allow some off track areas (i.e. concrete area before the tunnel at deep forrest).

Should we not just ban all off-track areas....seems a bit silly to be changing the rules each week

Good point
 
KK your inbox is full.
 
Points and Suzuka Race 1 Grid now up.

Stewards' decision still pending regarding sc61jgw at the start of Race 2. It's possible he could still be banned for Suzuka.

Who is this SC guy anyway? Not actually sure I've ever seen him post in the thread. Does he/she get back to you re the votes etc?


The Independents' is the main thing I'm looking at right now... although I'd be lucky to win it. Suzuka will be interesting :)

Can't see why not, I'm not here for Suzuka and its double points so I would expect you/Karsten to be in front after the next round!
 
Who is this SC guy anyway? Not actually sure I've ever seen him post in the thread. Does he/she get back to you re the votes etc?
He's been 'here' since S1 but I don't think he actually has an account
Can't see why not, I'm not here for Suzuka and its double points so I would expect you/Karsten to be in front after the next round!
Yeah, the maths looks good :)
 
Who is this SC guy anyway? Not actually sure I've ever seen him post in the thread. Does he/she get back to you re the votes etc?

Nope, never. I think he's something to do with Geeky, like a friend of his or something. He fills a seat, I guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got his 6 points by the end of the season. With respect, he can be a bit of a liability on circuit.
 
I think that would be a little harsh... he did drop back, and after all, we need all the drivers we can get :nervous:

i hope he doesn't get a special treatment. i did sit out already.
 
When I posted that, I didn't realise that he had 4 points already
 
I think grid penalties should be added to the list of penalties for next season , perhaps giving a 5 grid penalty then 10 grid then a race ban .

Just a thought.
 
i hope he doesn't get a special treatment. i did sit out already.

He may or may not get a warning, it depends. In the past failing to drop back at the start is a 10-second time penalty (which would have to defer to his next race, in this instance).

However, this situation could be a little different in that he then proceeded to distract other drivers by using in-game chat, causing Geeky to use it to get him to drop back, and then quitting. In my opinion that deserves more than just a 10-second penalty.

I think grid penalties should be added to the list of penalties for next season , perhaps giving a 5 grid penalty then 10 grid then a race ban .

Just a thought.

Could be tricky to implement alongside the points and time penalties, but perhaps it could be brought in. Perhaps the second warning a driver receives (4 points) could automatically be twinned with a 5 place grid drop. I'm not sure though. Maybe it would be a penalty too far, but if the driving standards demand it...
 
Last edited:
Personally I think the current system is perfect
 
Personally I think the current system is perfect

I think it works well too. I think next season I will add a bit more clarity to the info in the OP regarding penalties.
 
i got my 6th penalty for hitting him at the end of the tunnel when he braked earlier due to missing turn apex, and i did let him through. yet i got the warning and race disqualification.

i hgope the behaviour will be the same for all in all circustances.
 
I think we need to do a Season 4 car test in the next week or two. I can re-post the car list for anyone that's forgotten.

Had 3 PM's now for track votes. No matter how few votes we get, the results this Friday will stand, so get your votes in! 👍
 
I think we need to do a Season 4 car test in the next week or two. I can re-post the car list for anyone that's forgotten.
I've forgotten :)

Only done 1 decent lap of Suzuka so far but I can't wait for the enduro :D
 
Back