BTCC Online Championship S3 - Season Finale: Grand Valley Speedway

  • Thread starter Thread starter rolo912011
  • 541 comments
  • 26,183 views

Which day of the week should the BTCCOC take place?

  • Monday

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tuesday

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Wednesday

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Thursday

    Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Friday

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Saturday

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunday

    Votes: 5 41.7%

  • Total voters
    12
  • Poll closed .
This includes public bitching between drivers.
I think that sort of thing is quite uncommon in this championship compared to some of the others on here... as I've said it's usually the clique who stick their head in for 5 minutes and leave. All the regulars are cool :) I haven't had a rant since Indy Road last season but this series is run so well that there's no good reason to rant about anything, so yeah, good point 👍
Also, please no life stories explaining why you left the track while everyone is racing. Really disturbing when preparing to brake and a paragraph of words appear. Please just explain on the thread. Strictly no typing while race is in session...
I've never thought about that but it's a very good point
 
A

For Season 4, new penalties will be introduced for inappropriate and disrespectful behaviour towards other drivers in the series. This includes public bitching between drivers. Each reported offence will carry a penalty of at least 2 points, and perhaps more depending on the perceived severity of the offence. At the end of the day, this is a game and we're here for a laugh. Let's respect each other and not take it too seriously 👍

Almost a deal breaker for me. i prefer to talk out race incidents so that people might know where their penalties comes out and discuss the matter with a cool temper and leaving like brothers.

For example i feel bitter of having 100000 penalties in one race and not having anyone say a word before. to this day i'm still a little bitter for having had so many penalties in one round when i didn't feel that dirty and for example when i did crash on sc61 in the tunnel i didn't accelerate and allowed him to regain his position. Still i got a penalty when i could have run away... same with the supposed divebombing... if you do not touch the other car what is the penalty for? i had 2 penalties for divebombing when i didn't crash out anyone... at ax they might have lost 2/10ths of a second in a lap accelerating later.

anyway enough of this, my week ban will allow me to cool down but i'm

all out for public talking about the race accidents.
 
Almost a deal breaker for me. i prefer to talk out race incidents so that people might know where their penalties comes out and discuss the matter with a cool temper and leaving like brothers[/COLOR][/I].

That's fine, but do it via PM without involving others. That's the point we're making.

I admit it will be a difficult line between talking and complaining, but if the stewards feel it's gone too far or too long, then we'll ask the drivers involved to take it to PMs, and only then will we take action if it keeps happening.
 
There's nothing worse than when the race finishes people filling the chat box up with BS. If somebody makes a mistake and is the cause of an accident more often than not they apologise. If that's not enough review the reply after and make the complaint as required.

When the race finishes its faster and easier to send a pm with your issues so it can be looked at properly.

This is a race series, not a soap opera!
 
Finally managed to get some time in on GT5 again. Did a few laps round Tokyo...my best was a 1:56.465.

Looks like a lot of work to be done for me...well of the pace right now!!!!
 
Finally managed to get some time in on GT5 again. Did a few laps round Tokyo...my best was a 1:56.465.

Looks like a lot of work to be done for me...well of the pace right now!!!!

Your not the only 1 mate.
 
Yeah um..I think I may have overestimated the FF's potential when I said they may be able to do 52's. 53's seem to be the limit...
 
I think mid 54s will be my limit
 
Yeah um..I think I may have overestimated the FF's potential when I said they may be able to do 52's. 53's seem to be the limit...

Even so thats still a cracking time 👍
 
What times were you guys running last night? All you guys were bunched together so should have been all drafting?

I was a little further back and just outside the draft but I think it could still be pretty close.

Should be pretty interesting tho :)
 
What times were you guys running last night? All you guys were bunched together so should have been all drafting?

I was a little further back and just outside the draft but I think it could still be pretty close.

Should be pretty interesting tho :)

What was your times?
 
What times were you guys running last night? All you guys were bunched together so should have been all drafting?

I was a little further back and just outside the draft but I think it could still be pretty close.

Should be pretty interesting tho :)


I was often delayed in traffic so probably a lot slower than in clean air, where a 54.2 really is the max I can pull.
 
Yeh much slower in traffic
 
I'm online now, feel free to join.
And btw, when does the new race night take effect?
The start of season 4?
 
I'm online now, feel free to join.
And btw, when does the new race night take effect?
The start of season 4?

Yes, the start of Season 4, which will be January 2013 👍
 
Think it was 57s/58s, pretty slow but both races I was around 5s behind at the finished so I guess you guys were running 56's....... :/
 
Yes, the start of Season 4, which will be January 2013 👍
That sounds much further away than it actually is... my new year's resolution is to win this damn thing ;)
 
rolo912011
Yes, the start of Season 4, which will be January 2013 👍

Roger :)

My pace is low 56's now btw. It's a rather difficult track..
 
Same as always, I expect. 7pm GMT 👍

That goes for pretty much every day I would imagine, unless people would like a time switch.

---------------

Testing a DLC VW Golf R at the moment (thanks to priesty for pointing that one out to me) . It's 4WD and appears, so far, to be much fairer in competitiveness with the field. One to watch for S4. It might just be the last car to make it in. 👍

How close is this golf in times? Would have thought it would be even better than the audi, since its very quick in straight line.

At 500PP i was able to keep up with M3's
 
How close is this golf in times? Would have thought it would be even better than the audi, since its very quick in straight line.

At 500PP i was able to keep up with M3's

Well Audi S4 did a 1:21.0 at Deep Forest this season, and in the DLC Golf I was doing 1:21.6 (although I hadn't tuned the LSD or suspension)

More running needed though.
 
rolo912011
Well Audi S4 did a 1:21.0 at Deep Forest this season, and in the DLC Golf I was doing 1:21.6 (although I hadn't tuned the LSD or suspension)

More running needed though.

Wow thats a decent time for an FF around there. So DLC golf replacing current one it seems. Audi S3 comeback tour?
 
Wow thats a decent time for an FF around there. So DLC golf replacing current one it seems. Audi S3 comeback tour?

DLC Golf is 4WD. 👍 And with the car list being expanded for next season to include multiple cars per manufacturer, it will probably be added with the non-DLC Golf, so that Golf fans without DLC don't lose out.

The Audi S4 will need to be tested at 1600kg. If it's still too fast then, then it will be dropped.

I can re-post the Season 4 car list if you like 👍
 
Last edited:
rolo912011
DLC Golf is 4WD. 👍 And with the car list being expanded for next season to include multiple cars per manufacturer, it will probably be added with the non-DLC Golf, so that Golf fans without DLC don't lose out.

The Audi S4 will need to be tested at 1600kg. If it's still too fast then, then it will be dropped.

I can re-post the Season 4 car list if you like 👍

Ooh yeah my bad :dunce: Ok so testing before season 4 will just focus on fixing S4 and possibly the golf? I see no problem with the S4. You guys delivered good performances in tracks suited to the S4. But now we're slowly moving into FR and FF territory. I'd say make a decision after track votes have been finalised. Even nurb was a pretty beemer friendly track. A low 38 was on the cards for me but I just failed to make my way through the field. The only tracks where S4 dominated were tsukuba and DFR as is expected. Monza and GVS favour FF which is a shame because there were only 3 FF drivers when the BTTCCOC bandwagon moved to monza a couple weeks back.
 
Ooh yeah my bad :dunce: Ok so testing before season 4 will just focus on fixing S4 and possibly the golf? I see no problem with the S4. You guys delivered good performances in tracks suited to the S4. But now we're slowly moving into FR and FF territory. I'd say make a decision after track votes have been finalised. Even nurb was a pretty beemer friendly track. A low 38 was on the cards for me but I just failed to make my way through the field. The only tracks where S4 dominated were tsukuba and DFR as is expected. Monza and GVS favour FF which is a shame because there were only 3 FF drivers when the BTTCCOC bandwagon moved to monza a couple weeks back.


Actually yeah it wouldn't be a bad idea to wait and see the results of the calendar vote before making a decision (as a side note, I've only had 1 PM so far! :sly:)

Testing priorities for Season 4 are:

  • Audi S4 - better at 1600kg? (dependent on track vote)
  • BMW 120i '04 (FR/1400kg) - is it as fast as the 120d/330i? - if not, it will be dropped
  • Ford Focus ST170 '03 (FF/1200kg) - is it as fast as the RS '02/current ST? - if not, it will be dropped
  • Honda Accord Euro-R '00 (FR/1200kg) - is it competitive?
  • DLC VW Golf VI R '10 (4WD/1400kg) - is it competitive?
 
the last previews/rules for s4 are a bit disappointing to me so i won't be voting on the day and i won't reserve a place until i'll hear the day of race and tracklist.

If races like tsukuba,SSR5 and other tracks unsuitable for close packs racing are still in i guess i'll leave the serie.

Concerning S4 the accord euro R'00 is at the very least decent, i think i was faster in it than on the atenza on deep forest back then while testing. It do was slower on other tracks so it might be worth a look
 
Euro R is a good car , I would drive it .

Well everyone needs to vote for the tracks and hopefully we wont see tracks that we dont like but chances are there will always be a few tracks you dont like on the calendar
 
SkengD
Euro R is a good car , I would drive it .

Well everyone needs to vote for the tracks and hopefully we wont see tracks that we dont like but chances are there will always be a few tracks you dont like on the calendar

Got to take the rough with the smooth :)
 
the last previews/rules for s4 are a bit disappointing to me so i won't be voting on the day and i won't reserve a place until i'll hear the day of race and tracklist.

Can't find a better way to say it :)
 
Well, all I can say is the series is a democracy and the popular vote will win out. I agree with gedi, there's probably going to be a dodgy track or two in the calendar. Who knows? There could even be a good track on paper that produces a dirty race on the night. That's racing 👍
 
Back