Bugatti Teases a New Mystery Car, Unveiling is Imminent

https://newsroom.bugatti/en/feature-stories/what-if-bugatti-world-premiere

World premiere on October 28th, as stated above, at 12:00 CET

whatif_newsroom_03_54arb-3-3w.jpg

Last edited:
This comes across as a mix of the McLaren VGT and the Bugatti VGT cars but it looks really nice and very much a downforce
based car.

She look fast, very fast! :cheers:

last year
You won’t be seeing any other top speed records from Bugatti in the foreseeable future as the company’s president, Stephan Winkelmann, has revealed the Molsheim-based marque is done chasing speed records. Bugatti’s goal was to be the first automaker to break the 300-mph barrier, and now that they’ve done it with the longtail Chiron, the quest is over. From now on, “we will focus on other areas,” says Winkelmann.
Bugatti:
200.gif

Let's talk about another record it could potentially upset: land speed. Bugatti themselves may have retired from the land-speed record game, but that doesn't stop an owner from having a bit of SSC-trolling fun. Bugatti says the Bolide's top speed is "well over" 310 mph, but doesn't define exactly what "well over" means here. Just run the thing, man. Build more and sell it.

a 1824bhp track car that weighs just 1420kg

*1240kg

also, waiting for videos of this:

▪ 0-100 km/h – 2.17 seconds
▪ 0-200 km/h – 4.36 seconds
▪ 0-300 km/h – 7.37 seconds
▪ 0-400 km/h – 12.08 seconds
▪ 0-500 km/h – 20.16 seconds
▪ 0-400-0 km/h – 24.63 seconds
▪ 0-500-0 km/h – 33.62 seconds

Last edited:
They have the audacity to pose it next to two actual Bugatti race cars that actually raced? Pathetic. Useless. I’m tired of these pointless road cars that can’t compete for wins.

Enter it in LMH, you won’t!

They have the audacity to pose it next to two actual Bugatti race cars that actually raced? Pathetic. Useless. I’m tired of these pointless road cars that can’t compete for wins.

It doesn't meet the regualtions in a large number of ways. It's a billionaires plaything (if it goes into production).

We are getting to a pointless where hotwheels cars just dont look outlandish anymore. Shame we wont see this race though, I'm always a little sad that they market all this racing pedigree and then never get to see it racing. Same thing with the Senna, how could you name it that when its not racing.

I mean, I wish it was a road car. This is just another pointless track car that doesn't meet any existing series' regulations and thus will forever remain a garage queen.

I have... concerns about the name.

"Bolide" is Italian (well, Latin, and before that Greek) for "missile", deriving from the word "bolus" which means a rounded mass*; effectively a stone thrown from a sling, or a rock hurled from a catapult - it's also where we get the word "ball". Winkelmann's "like riding a cannonball" is incredibly apt.

However the most common use of "bolide" is to describe a specific type of meteor which enters the Earth's atmosphere, burns brightly, and then explodes before it reaches the ground. The Chelyabinsk meteor was a bolide, for example.

That's probably not the image Bugatti was looking for.

*It's also used in medical terminology to describe a clump of material within a digestive tract; poo in your colon is a "bolus". Which is nice.

It's nice and all but can't Bugatti get back to making actual normal (as far as luxury supercar normal goes) cars? Make the Galibier already!

Last edited:
I have... concerns about the name.

"Bolide" is Italian (well, Latin, and before that Greek) for "missile", deriving from the word "bolus" which means a rounded mass*; effectively a stone thrown from a sling, or a rock hurled from a catapult - it's also where we get the word "ball". Winkelmann's "like riding a cannonball" is incredibly apt.

However the most common use of "bolide" is to describe a specific type of meteor which enters the Earth's atmosphere, burns brightly, and then explodes before it reaches the ground. The Chelyabinsk meteor was a bolide, for example.

That's probably not the image Bugatti was looking for.

*It's also used in medical terminology to describe a clump of material within a digestive tract; poo in your colon is a "bolus". Which is nice.
It's also French for "race car" or "fast car"

But... why? These are romance languages and share the same root!

How did a thrown rock become a race car?

Dunno. I was not aware of the other synonyms you posted.

But Bugatti is French, kinda. :D

Last edited:
What a freaking monster.

But since they CAN build something like this, now I have another question: What if Bugatti made an extreme, lightweight RACE CAR?

I mean, we get it, this thing can destroy Le Mans and Nordschleife lap times, but now I want to see they try to get WINS on the track. No, not records, WINS.

Just make a Le Mans Legal variation of this and go and win Bugatti. PLEASE.

Well now that the Cybertruck is a thing I don’t think it’s unordinary.

Last edited:

I suppose a missile moves fast, a buning metor moves fast and a race car moves fast, the connection is the speed rather than the object itself.

The one that doesn't fit in is clumped poo which is not moving fast if at all.

What a freaking monster.

But since they CAN build something like this, now I have another question: What if Bugatti made an extreme, lightweight RACE CAR?

I mean, we get it, this thing can destroy Le Mans and Nordschleife lap times, but now I want to see they try to get WINS on the track. No, not records, WINS.

Just make a Le Mans Legal variation of this and go and win Bugatti. PLEASE.

They would need a much smaller engine in order to go racing. The W16 is far too big and heavy. Plus if and when Bugatti gets sold to Rimac (with Porsche as controlling stakeholders), the budget simply won't be there for a full racing program.

Last edited:
Back