Bugatti VGT? #imaginEBugatti (Update 15/9: So many screenshots!)

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 1,061 comments
Looking at the wing, I'm instantly reminded of this:

Courage-BC6.jpg
i1fgCzT6Uthblz.jpg

Wow.
You nailed it RACECAR

Everyone will go crazy for it if it has the same proposed engine as the Chiron (8.0L W16 quad turbo with electric motors with electrically-assisted turbochargers, 1500HP, with a seven-speed manual paddle), weighed 1400kg (it should weigh as much, due to the race car frame and the single front seat on the cockpit may also suggest so), handled like anything (unlike the Veyron, which can't even seem to turn) and if it sounded real nice with PD's new sound system for Vision cars, along with that interior fully modeled.

By the way, this is probably one of the most talked about Vision cars since the SRT Tomahawk series.

Last edited:
The interior isn't exactly a maze, compared to some cars in the game. I'd like to think that they actually had the time to make the interior (for once).

They might've, since Bugatti has gone to the lenghts to explain the interior's concept in detail. It would be a grand waste (not to mention a downright lie) if PD did not model this exact interior into the ingame model itself. And just like the Volkswagen GTI Roadster's interior, it's not like Bugatti has cramed multiple gizmos and parts into it, it's a driver-centric cockpit.

Looks lovely - strikes the right balance for a VGT; not overly ridiculous but also not dull. Top work. I'd expect it to be around LMP1 pace.
due to the race car frame and the single front seat on the cockpit may also suggest so
Is this supposed to make sense? :odd:

Hopefully, it's a car you can actually use in events unlike one of the SRT's(can't recall which one). I need a new car under 750pp to grind the Special Stage X. I'm tired of using the Mercedes VGT. Anyways, my only complain is the rims. I'm looking forward to seeing the different color schemes they came up with.

Well, since Bugatti speaks about the concept of the interior, and even gave PD a picture of it, it would not be a wise idea to release the car with a "black hole"-style interior, wouldn't you think?
Well Kazunori did mention this:
Yamauchi: This time around when we’ve been doing the current VGT cars, the schedule has been very tight between the design and the actual release of the cars, so often there wasn’t enough time to model them. On other occasions the manufacturer hasn’t really provided us with an interior. But we intend to implement interiors for all of the VGT cars.
Which would definitely be the reasoning behind a lack of interior. So... wise or not, it's almost certainly happening.

The rear wing reminds me the rear wing of the GT by Citroen Race Car for some reason...
The Citroen wing support is primarily a fin, and whilst it doesn't have much surface area, in principle it would keep the car from taking off if spun sideways. The Bugatti "fin" is simply a wing support, there's still a massive gap that would still allow for a zone of low pressure to build up.

Well, since Bugatti speaks about the concept of the interior, and even gave PD a picture of it, it would not be a wise idea to release the car with a "black hole"-style interior, wouldn't you think?
It would be perfect if that car had an interior view, but if I'm not mistaking, pretty much all VGTs had an interior sketch and most of them don't have an interior view.

Well Kazunori did mention this:

Which would definitely be the reasoning behind a lack of interior. So... wise or not, it's almost certainly happening.

Indeed, you do make a valid point. I did not take into account Kaz's recent words regarding the schedule for VGT's being tight time-wise, which in turn causes most cars to lack a detailed interior. I retract my statement then, considering those quotes from Kaz.

It would be perfect if that car had an interior view, but if I'm not mistaking, pretty much all VGTs had an interior sketch and most of them don't have an interior view.

Quite. Infiniti has sketches with an interior, and cars such as the Peugeot only have incomplete/unusable interiors which only show up in Photomode. So yes, most fixed-roof VGT cars do not have a detailed interior, even if they do have interior sketches.

I can't believe no one has pointed this out yet; there appears to be a DRS (Drag Reduction System) actuator on the rear wing there. Hopefully, if that's the case, it's functional in game. DRS would be a fun little feature and add an interesting dynamic to races as well as time trials.

I can't believe no one has pointed this out yet; there appears to be a DRS (Drag Reduction System) actuator on the rear wing there. Hopefully, if that's the case, it's functional in game. DRS would be a fun little feature and add an interesting dynamic to races as well as time trials.
Think you're right.

bugvgt.png

It appears to be a letterbox type design, since the end of the main plane looks to be molded into the endplates. You can see the lines in the wing, and the angled (almost curved) gap on the top edge of the wing support which allow it to drop.

Good catch.

...I guess now only thing left to confirm is its specs. Hopefully it's bit reasonable. Getting another 3000+hp car's fun and all that, but then we've got to drive that thing in a time trial...:(

I love the simplicity of the interior! I hated the Veyron, but this is awesome. Does anyone know for sure what drivetrain this will have? AWD? MR?

Back