Bugatti VGT? #imaginEBugatti (Update 15/9: So many screenshots!)

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by FrzGT, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Marqus

Marqus

Gotta say, I'm disappointed. It has the same problem that the FT-1 and the PHEV does as it's just a racing version of an existing car. I expected it to look like the Veyron, but not to this degree. :indiff:

Gerarghini likes this.
  2. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

How is that a racing version of an existing car, exactly?

3. JKgo

JKgo

...:eek:

Wow.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I liiike it.

4. Niku Driver HC

Niku Driver HC

I'm with GTPorsche on this one; it may look similar to the Veyron, but it's not a direct "Racing Modification" version of it. And with no Veyron in this car's name, Bugatti isn't implying that this is based off that model. Not directly, that is.

For the sake of comparison;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Wow, it looks MUCH MUCH better than I expected. The horseshoe grille isn't too obnxious and the thinner headlights make it look more aggressive than the Veyron :drool: The rims could be a lot less...blingy though :yuck:

The problem is Bugatti hasn't made any other car in the modern era besides the Veyron and EB110. And the Veyron is unquestionable the more popular one. Hence they will have that "face" on all of their cars. If you look at their last few concepts (Galbier, Chiron) they are also variations on a theme. IMO it's not just a bodykitted Veyron. The rear is also completely different.

Well done Bugatti :tup: Now let's hope it actually handles.

6. Ryk

Ryk

That swoop on the side of the car from the front pillar (A Pillar?) behind the door and down to the floor in a French curve is hypnotic.

Flying Helmet and stick of wet Celery time!

7. Zlork

Zlork

:eek:

For me, this Bugatti replace Mazda LM55 which was the most beautiful VGT.

:drool:

4679, jontikis, LeoStrop and 2 others like this.
  8. NW48

NW48

Very impressive. :):tup:

Sleek, sharp and low. Looks like a proper race car.

9. Aphelion

Aphelion

i... did not expect to actually like this car... :boggled:

silverman_GT likes this.
  10. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

I mean, it's practically spot on with the Veyron so much that it shares entirely nothing but the Bugatti name between the two vehicles.

Scuderia Paul likes this.
  11. Niku Driver HC

Niku Driver HC

Exactly, that's the moot point of all Bugatti designs; the horse shoe grille. All recent Bugatti concepts have that point in common, and work around the Veyron's shape to make entirely new variations on a concept. But they all have their distinctive details which set them apart from the Veyron, one way or the other. Had it been just a RM Veyron, it would look far closer to a beefed-up Veyron SS, and this VGT does not feel or look like such a thing. It's a bit of a "Bugatti LM Long-Tail", if that makes any sense...

Oh yes, the one place where PD can ruin this (and any other future as well as past VGTs) car's chances; the handling and specs department. Oh how would I like for this car to have a fair PP rating, which would put it on par with Le Mans racing vehicles (i.e. LMP1 vehicles)... Ah, and I do not want to see any weight figures which go past the 1500 kg mark (and I'm being kind with this limit), PD. I have no need for another fat Bugatti which weighs the entire driving process down (literally). And one last thing, if you make the car's aero/suspension/LSD settings too stiff (a la Peugeot VGT), at least allow us players to tune them as we see fit. We are going to be its drivers, after all...

LeGeNd-1 likes this.
  12. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

13. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

Looks amazing to be honest, can't wait to drive it :eek:

14. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

From the GT site it still looks like it has the 16.4 engine from the Veyron. Now it could be detuned, but I doubt it. So that means it will have at least 1001 HP (I'm thinking more along 1200 HP). If they reduced the weight to around 1200 kg it would be a perfect 1:1 ratio. That's good enough for me :tup:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/images/c/i1PmHW68dbpJSz.jpg

Also please let this have an interior :nervous: The spiel on the GT website talks a bit about interior detail, so it would be really depressing if it's all for nought.

"Just as in the exterior design, no concessions were made in the design of the car’s interior. “This is an uncompromising race car,” emphasized Etienne Salome, the head of Interior Design at Bugatti. The interior is designed to meet racing requirements. All indicators, displays and controls are located where a race-car driver expects them – easy to read and easy to reach."

http://www.gran-turismo.com/images/c/i1Z0JqiWCf3VCb.jpg

15. oli440

oli440

Very impressed with the cars design. Seeing the car in full makes me realize that Bugatti is perhaps more willing to commit themselves to racing games than we might have thought. This is a good sign of things to come.

With the recent developments in sound, I am keen to hear what this car sounds like when it makes the game. If it's powered by a W16 like the Veyron, it will be an interesting test for the sound team to make a believable sound.

And yes, the emphasis on the interior will hopefully create results. Bugatti seems to be fully committed to the entire car, rather than just the exterior.

another_jakhole and LeoStrop like this.
  16. Carffeine

Carffeine

17. oli440

oli440

Interesting.... o.O

18. Pophead

Pophead

Hot damn. I like a lot.

19. SVPSkins

SVPSkins

Does look bloody stunning that. will have to back in to GT6. not played proper for over 2 weeks.

20. sokira

sokira

I think we have here the next Bugatti Chiron in race suit!

fortbo and Rotorist like this.
  21. oli440

oli440

The interior isn't exactly a maze, compared to some cars in the game. I'd like to think that they actually had the time to make the interior (for once).

22. Il_Conte_Sky

Il_Conte_Sky

OMG it looks glorious!!! :drool:
    :bowdown:

23. emula

emula

Best Vision gt ever :tup:

24. lxmmy

lxmmy

Potential to be the best looking VGT. Love the colour and contours.

4679 and nocturnalgrey like this.
  25. Famine

Famine Administrator

26. cbarbosa

cbarbosa Premium

Have to say... I like it. :tup:

A nice surprise. :)

27. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

The rear wing endplate alone probably takes more time to develop than some other VGT cars (*cough* Mitsubishi *cough*). I really respect Bugatti for taking the time to properly create a car for a game, where 99% of the player demographic probably would never come close to owning a real one. I mean this is marketing for sure, but there's also a lot of passion behind it :tup:

I wish the update would drop tomorrow Thursday instead of after the Frankfurt Show :banghead:

another_jakhole likes this.
  28. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

No display screens or mirrors in the cockpit, yet it looks like there a pen-camera mount on the center support for the rear wing. I wonder if that gets displayed on the side mirrors. With how low they are on the sides of the car, I can't imagine they'd be practical on their own without some rear facing camera to assist/display on them.

29. PowerSlide77

PowerSlide77

:drool: That car looks incredible! Too bad it won't have an interior view. :tdown:

30. LeoStrop

LeoStrop

Kudos to everyone involved on the VGT project, this is amazing. How can someone not recognize the grandiosity of this..