Buick Gnx Screen Shot

  • Thread starter Thread starter gn4life
  • 68 comments
  • 4,475 views
Total production was 547, not 347. It was originally scheduled to be exactly 500 units, but since the demand was there, they just kept building until they ran out of parts.
 
Darn still no pictures or proof! Somebody out there has to have the screenshot. Is it true that it's going to only be a prize car???
Solid Lifters
I really have no idea what the problem is. I love this car, too... ...I'm responding to your incorrect claim that the GNX had a 4.7 second 0-60 time. It was proven to be incorrect, yet possible of a tuned GNX, which was the case of the GNX that Car and Driver, among other magazines, tested for their magazine articles. I also provided proof that you were incorrect about the real acceleration time of the GNX, and supported what I said to be as true, and factual.

Sorry if I come off as being to agressive, I just don't understand why you keep saying I'm wrong when I have been the owner and in the turbo buick game for all of my life. This includes gnxs, grand nationals, t-types, turbo-ts, and the 89 turbo trans ams (which can be faster stock then the gnx and needs to be in gt5) . Believe half of what you see and none of what you read. Just cause you go to a search engine type something in then copy and paste the information about it doesn't mean you know every stock performance aspect of the car. I.e. go look up the 1/4 mile times for a stock 1987 buick grand national. I bet you will find times in the low to high 14s, even some 15s, with no instances of them running high 13s. If this "web" info is so true and binding, how come my gn (when it was stock) as well as countless other bone stock gns, tires and all have run day time ets in the 13.8s or better. Or is that not possible because a website told me it couldn't.
 
cudadude2
Euro always complain about the handling of American cars. Theres a reason why American cars are the way they are and why Europian cars are the way they are. American roads are big long and strait. If the American car was small lightweight with small light engines like a Euro, you would not have an ideal situation. Cars are creatures of their environment, anyone whose studied Darwin will recogize this. Euro roads are small tight and curvy ergo euro cars are small and light and nimble. Also US cars are way cheaper for their size than Euro cars. Not saying witch is better, they are both suited to what they do. b
Very true statements. Here in the US, we have long straight roads. There is no need for a good suspension unless you go to the track.
 
gn4life
Sorry if I come off as being to agressive, I just don't understand why you keep saying I'm wrong when I have been the owner and in the turbo buick game for all of my life. This includes gnxs, grand nationals, t-types, turbo-ts, and the 89 turbo trans ams (which can be faster stock then the gnx and needs to be in gt5) . Believe half of what you see and none of what you read. Just cause you go to a search engine type something in then copy and paste the information about it doesn't mean you know every stock performance aspect of the car. I.e. go look up the 1/4 mile times for a stock 1987 buick grand national. I bet you will find times in the low to high 14s, even some 15s, with no instances of them running high 13s. If this "web" info is so true and binding, how come my gn (when it was stock) as well as countless other bone stock gns, tires and all have run day time ets in the 13.8s or better. Or is that not possible because a website told me it couldn't.

OK, so I should forget what I've read about the car when I was a teenager, pay no atention to what I've heard from GNX owners, and completeltly ignore the info at not one, but several GNX websites to believe what you, a guy who made a stupid thread at GTP, say about the car?

No thanks.
 
It will be in GT4, even if there's no screenshot yet. Anyway, if GT4 does not get it (something that can hardly happen), Forza will get it for sure, so there's an insurance. BTW, the car is not beautiful but not so ugly; very mean looking.

See ya :sly:
 
thanks for the info lambo 88.

Solid Lifters
OK, so I should forget what I've read about the car when I was a teenager, pay no atention to what I've heard from GNX owners, and completeltly ignore the info at not one, but several GNX websites to believe what you, a guy who made a stupid thread at GTP, say about the car?

This guy obviosly knows nothing about cars and the very conditional 0-60sec test (espcially on turbo cars). I tried to give him some first hand info but he just won't listen. But he is entitled to beleive whatever info he wants to just don't call others who know more wrong. I have ridden in gnxs and know a couple of gnx owners who have agreed with me as well. I even helped turn two grand nationals into identical gnx clones. I almost purchased 2 gnxs in my liftime but always at the last second someone has swiped them from under me. But then again I probably just don't like this guy cause he is pro bush :) .
 
gn4life
thanks for the info lambo 88.



This guy obviosly knows nothing about cars and the very conditional 0-60sec test (espcially on turbo cars).
That's not a fair or accurate statement. I don't know everything about cars, but I know enough about the GNX since I do love the car, and have read everything about it in articles over the past 18 years of its life. I think this was an immature statement made by you because you feel that you are correct, and can't accept another persons opinion.


I tried to give him some first hand info but he just won't listen. But he is entitled to beleive whatever info he wants to just don't call others who know more wrong.
I did listen, and I don't agree with you because there is so much evidence that disproves your claims. Evidence created by people who have a lot more credibility than you.


I have ridden in gnxs and know a couple of gnx owners who have agreed with me as well. I even helped turn two grand nationals into identical gnx clones. I almost purchased 2 gnxs in my liftime but always at the last second someone has swiped them from under me. But then again I probably just don't like this guy cause he is pro bush :) .

So, that's your reason for being so difficult. And that's one of the reasons why I choose to elect Bush. Because the Democrats are acting so damn childish, it's an embarrassment to even consider voting for a Democrat. And yes, saying "I know nothing" just because I don't agree with you is acting childish.
 
Fellas, please stop fighting. Theres becoming no substance in this thread anymore.

Oh, one last thing, VOTE BUSH! Solid, you better the polls!
James-
 
I am literally surrounded by them in my little town near Montreal. They all like american iron here and there are at least 7 gran nationals, 3 of them original GNX models. Gorgeous in a macho, intimidating way and fast as all hell, at least in a straight line. They can also be tuned for handling just like any sportscar; check this out: g machines

One of my favourite cars of all time. So menacing.
 
Don't worry I wasn't fighting with the guy, and your right this pissing match is getting on my nerves too. just a difference in an opinion. I could care less what he believes, like I said just don't call others wrong without an once of first hand info. By the way the bush thing was a good natured joke. I am above the propaganda of party politics and making childish generalizations about a whole party of millions of people. It's crazy how people still believe in party politics when each of the parties' members aren’t even on the same page and agenda. But you know there is something wrong when many influential hardcore republican -conservatives are openly willing to admit they are going to vote for the enemy. but i guess the topic is dead anyways since the gnx screenshots are a no go. DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE INFO ABOUT THE GNX IN GT4.
 
Holy crap!
It's my car on steroids!!!!
Literally!
I have a 1982 Olds Cutlass Supreme with a 3.8L v6.
The body panels are just different and I lack a turbo.

In the 1980's the 4 following cars are the same:
Oldsmobile Cutlass
Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Buick Regal
Buick Grand National
They all offered the same engine options with the exception of the Cutlass Supremes.
Some supremes where offered in a Bourgine edition with a 5.7l deisle engine.
Those where of course 4 door.
Only things that changed between the 4 cars where cosmetics such as tail lights, bumper, grille, etc. Granted the GNX is far more decked out, anyone with any of those 4 and enough enthusiasm could have a very similar car if not a full done replica.
 
kinigitt
I am literally surrounded by them in my little town near Montreal. They all like american iron here and there are at least 7 gran nationals, 3 of them original GNX models. Gorgeous in a macho, intimidating way and fast as all hell, at least in a straight line. They can also be tuned for handling just like any sportscar; check this out: g machines

One of my favourite cars of all time. So menacing.

the silver car from your link turned up on ebay a few years back, i don't remember what it went for. it was supposed to be owned by a celebrity.
 
must have had some balls to do that to a collector car.
 
kinigitt
must have had some balls to do that to a collector car.
I wouldn't say balls, but a lack of good judgment.
 
gn4life
Can sombody post a screen shot of the 1987 gnx,
I checked all the screen shots and searched the forum as much as I could
PS: Please Don't persecute me if this question as been asked before
you can see the GNX racing in the new vid in the video thread.

b
 
kinigitt
One of my favourite cars of all time. So menacing.

Damn striaght it's menacing! Coincidentally, if Darth Vader drove a car, you KNOW it'd be a GNX and that doods as manacing as you get!
 
Civicbus
Damn striaght it's menacing! Coincidentally, if Darth Vader drove a car, you KNOW it'd be a GNX and that doods as manacing as you get!
Yeah if Darth Vader had that car, that would be it.
 
Civicbus
Damn striaght it's menacing! Coincidentally, if Darth Vader drove a car, you KNOW it'd be a GNX and that doods as manacing as you get!
Accually, I have an ad hanging in my garage from my old car. Its a 1995 Impala SS ad and it says," Lord Vader, your car is ready."

b
 
cudadude2
Accually, I have an ad hanging in my garage from my old car. Its a 1995 Impala SS ad and it says," Lord Vader, your car is ready."

b


hahahaha serious? That's cool 👍
 
Civicbus
hahahaha serious? That's cool 👍

yeah I remember those ads.

Imps are pretty mean lookin too.

All black except for the shiny tips out back and the special wheels.
 
cudadude2
you can see the GNX racing in the new vid in the video thread.

b
Yes, and for you fellas on narrowband, here's the best view you get of it (if it's the same video):
gt4_gnx.jpg
 
It's too bad that video was so crappy. We final get to see it in action, and the guy making the video knows nothing about using a video camera.
 
How do we know it's a GNX?
It could just as well be a normal GN.
GT4 deserves the GNX, though.

Cheers,

MasterGT
 
The GNX in GT4 was confirmed a while ago, and it's in the car list above.
 
Back