Buy fake..? or buy real..?

I would never chip my PS2.
I feel that in order to keep having developers release top notch games, we as gamers should pay for them. If we all bought games instead of burning them, maybe the price of games would drop a little bit?? I know everyone burns something at one point or another, hey I have burned games for PC as well as Music. But in the end if I really enjoy a game I will go buy it to support the developers. Theres my 2 cents.

--Jeff

the only reason i would chip my ps2, so that i can play games from europe and japan. the games here in the U.S. are so lame, the rest of the world gets the good stuff before we do..............
and yeah the second most important reason is to play DOJIN games, i'm not sure i spelles it right. but these are adult VG developed by individuals in japan and you can only find them in japan.:drool: :cool: :embarrassed: :D

Originally posted by Total_turbo
omg..man....u really suck..
Uncalled for. He at least can coherently defend his position, and it is a very mature and responsible one as well.

You, on the other hand...

Freeloading is not the way to get through life, and it's certainly not the way to encourage developers to make better games and charge less for them.

I suck over here too.

I would rather pay for a game than have an
illegal copy.
I once had V-Rally 2 (for DC) given to me that was a copy.
I went ahead and played it, but when the game came
out I bought it and gave the copy back to the "owner".

The only way you can legally have a copy of a music cd, game,
whatever, is if you own the original and can produce
said original if asked.

Originally posted by neon_duke
Uncalled for. He at least can coherently defend his position, and it is a very mature and responsible one as well.

You, on the other hand...

Freeloading is not the way to get through life, and it's certainly not the way to encourage developers to make better games and charge less for them.

Thanks for the support Duke.

Some people don't realize that you have to work for things in life. As well as realizing that stealing is stealing and it has effects on others. Sure the gaming industry is getting rich off us by charging 50 bucks for a game, but the price is so high to cover the losses from pirated software.
So I may suck for 'purchasing' a legit game, but hey im entitled to my opinion as you are yours. However you are not entitled to steal. :irked: :banghead:

--Jeff :cool:

Originally posted by Total_turbo
omg..man....u really suck..

So, if I don't burn PS2 games and I don't chip my PS2; I'm not "cool"? That's quite the stupid thing to say, considering you're warranty officially died when you did that and you can't even get refunds on games, etc. And here at GTP, we don't promote software piracy. Just because we do it doesn't mean we go and tell the whole world.

Watch what you say, dude.

i dont chip my ps2 cuze the devolopers work hard to sell there product right and then , no1 would bu y any of there cds b.c u could just burn them.. show some soppurt for those ppl! they give u game u give them munny

I dont chip my ps2 honestly because I dont want it to void the warranty of something that I paid with money that I worked. This machine costs so much that it would be stupid to buy a "chip" that probably costs a fifth of the total ps2 price, and probably would screw over all your ps2.

Bah, the only reason I would chip my PS2 is to complete my imported GT collection. I have Gt1 from Japan and England, GT2 from Japan and America, I only have a Pal version of GT3 and I could buy an original Japanese copy of GT3 for £5, well if it's still there.

Mind you if I chip my PS2 I will be playing GT4 a few months before you guys get it, although I will have probably payed around double the price of the normal game for the imported Japanese version.

Choices choices. :D

I haven't chipped my PS2. I have a mod chip in my old PSX but that was because I ahd a heap of games from America I couldn't play.

If i can find a place that does PS2 modchips I might consider getting one. Just to play GT4 a few months earlier and to have no clue what any of the text says.

Mind you it didn't stop me in GT1 and 2 so why should it stop me now. :D

No just to give myself a hard time playing them.

Although once you get used to playing GT in Japanese, it's not too hard to figure out what is 'sell car' and 'get in car' the setup screen is the same.

Well if I get a hold of a chip, I will try and get an imported GT4.

Originally posted by WRX'r
I would never chip my PS2.
I feel that in order to keep having developers release top notch games, we as gamers should pay for them. If we all bought games instead of burning them, maybe the price of games would drop a little bit?? I know everyone burns something at one point or another, hey I have burned games for PC as well as Music. But in the end if I really enjoy a game I will go buy it to support the developers. Theres my 2 cents.

--Jeff
I feel the same way as you. I haven't chipped my PSX or PS2 and don't plan to. I burn music but that's only because there's only ever two or three songs per album htat I actually want. If I like all but one or two songs I will buy the cd though. It's all about support.

My ps2 is chipped

- I didnt have it installed because i want to be "cool"
- I make backups of my original, legit copies....pfft
- And for those of you who say "oh , i only burned a couple music cds but i still do not support software piracy" STFU ya hypocrite and walk the plank, once a pirate always a pirate..

**Feeds his parrot a cracker**

Ok, I have a chip in my PS2. I however, buy games, nothing can take the feeling of spending money in Electronics Botique and buying the game. I will buy Imports, and burn my own games, but use it for games in Europe that we dont have, or will get later.;)

Originally posted by Race Idiot
No just to give myself a hard time playing them.

Although once you get used to playing GT in Japanese, it's not too hard to figure out what is 'sell car' and 'get in car' the setup screen is the same.

Well if I get a hold of a chip, I will try and get an imported GT4.

The guy who is fixing my ps2 said that if you want a Messiah chip it will cost £110 pound for getting the chip and installing it
. Thats bloody steep

gonna get my ps2 back friday hopefully dood said it will cost me £15 so thats cool but its only a temporary fix if I want a proper fix that would cost me £70 including parts and labour on the computer

lol...i chipped my ps2 for like $80 candian becasue my dads freind own a game store ..but origanly its atleast $100 depending what kind of ps2 u have...and whate version some old veruison cost like $120 at the most..

Originally posted by keeno_uk
The guy who is fixing my ps2 said that if you want a Messiah chip it will cost ?10 pound for getting the chip and installing it
. Thats bloody steep

lol pund is alwasy for expensive..so bascially..just leave it alone..just save up to buy expesnive games where u get chipped and pay less than the original..:D

Back