Buying car: Amuse S2000 vs Elise 111R

  • Thread starter Thread starter Exaccto
  • 161 comments
  • 10,269 views
HAHAHA The Elise 111R easier to drive than the S2000? What a joke.

The Elise bores me to tears because it's SOOOO easy to drive. If you think that a power house Amuse is easier to drive than that matchbox car that goes round tracks on rails with minimal effort as regards tuning, then the jokes on you. :)
 
:sly:
HAHAHA The Elise 111R easier to drive than the S2000? What a joke.

Well, I would agree with this. Then again we do have to take into consideration differences between drivers. I suppose for some the Elise really is easier to drive than the S2000. For me, the S2000 was ridiculously easy to drive. Same with the GTR - they practically seem to drive themselves and they therefore bore me. The Elise, on the other hand, has always taken a practiced hand, skilled driving and concentration to drive properly and win. Because they handle so well they are also quite underpowered for any event you enter.

BUT, it is always possible that others have the opposite reaction and I suppose we have to allow room for that. Obviously GT_Fanatic finds the Elise easier to drive than the S2000. That fact does not, however, excuse his attitude. :sly:
 
:sly:

Well, I would agree with this. Then again we do have to take into consideration differences between drivers. I suppose for some the Elise really is easier to drive than the S2000. For me, the S2000 was ridiculously easy to drive. Same with the GTR - they practically seem to drive themselves and they therefore bore me. The Elise, on the other hand, has always taken a practiced hand, skilled driving and concentration to drive properly and win. Because they handle so well they are also quite underpowered for any event you enter.

BUT, it is always possible that others have the opposite reaction and I suppose we have to allow room for that. Obviously GT_Fanatic finds the Elise easier to drive than the S2000. That fact does not, however, excuse his attitude. :sly:

It's an opinion, not an attitude, big difference. It was your attitude yesterday evening, by that I mean you thinking your the big cheese when it comes to Gran Turismo. I merely informed you that I have been into the GT series since it first arrived ten years ago. I simply asked you to put your car up against mine. You promptly left in a hurry though didn't you. :)
 
You guys are crackin' me up! Rather than sell downloadable cars PD should look into selling tickets to watch online races - that's where the money is it would seem. Given all the banter here, someone would be wearing some serious egg at the end of the race on this one.
 
You guys are crackin' me up! Rather than sell downloadable cars PD should look into selling tickets to watch online races - that's where the money is it would seem. Given all the banter here, someone would be wearing some serious egg at the end of the race on this one.

Panjandrum will have to get used to wiping plenty of eggs off his face. :)
 
Hold on a sec here. Are we really comparing a $250k car to a $50k car? Why are the tuned cars so much more expensive?

Anyway, I too now have enough cash to buy either one of these. Will the Amuse be able to compete will with the tuned Cleo's on the High Speed Ring at 700PP or should I go for something else? I've been cruisin' in a tuned Viper lately and am looking for something that handles similar to it but will give me the chance to move from the back of the pack to the front of the pack.

Thanks!
 
Hold on a sec here. Are we really comparing a $250k car to a $50k car? Why are the tuned cars so much more expensive?

Anyway, I too now have enough cash to buy either one of these. Will the Amuse be able to compete will with the tuned Cleo's on the High Speed Ring at 700PP or should I go for something else? I've been cruisin' in a tuned Viper lately and am looking for something that handles similar to it but will give me the chance to move from the back of the pack to the front of the pack.

Thanks!

The Amuse is more than capable of competing with any car on HSR. It all boils down to how a car is tuned and how the driver drives it. Everyone has their own preference in cars, so why not save a few more credits and buy both the cars your considering, then see which one suits you best. The Elise just doesn't have the power to compete with cars like Corvettes, Vipers, Mines, S2000's, GTR 35's, Ferarris etc, on straightaways. Take Daytona Speedway for instance, the Elise had to rely soley on drafting in order to get to the front runners. If the Elise couldn't draft, it was left way behind. the only ability the Elise has in terms of being able to compete with the more powerfull cars, is the fact that it can corner very well. :)
 
I believe it can and it is on my short list of cars to get next. I'm pretty sure I saw some of them in the Intermediate High Speed Ring races last night (just as they flew by me on the straights). I'm looking for something to challenge me to get better as a driver.
 
Why are the tuned cars so much more expensive?


Because tuning is expensive, especially considering what is done to the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo.
 
I believe it can and it is on my short list of cars to get next. I'm pretty sure I saw some of them in the Intermediate High Speed Ring races last night (just as they flew by me on the straights). I'm looking for something to challenge me to get better as a driver.

You believe what can? Are you refering to the Amuse S2000, or the Elise.
 
can the GT LM get down to 700pp?

My I believe it can comment was in regard to this question. I was only guessing though because I thought I saw them last night in that race.


You believe what can? Are you refering to the Amuse S2000, or the Elise.

As you said before: Friend, let me tell you, ;)

I have no reason to doubt anything you say at this point so I'm getting me an Amuse tonight and practicing on the HSR. Then maybe I'll watch the back of your car for a few seconds some day. :sly: What's your best HSR lap time in the Amuse so I have something to shoot for before taking her out in public?
 
Sorry, I was doing a Quick Reply right at the time you posted yours - I'll quote things out from now on for clarity.
 
As you said before: Friend, let me tell you, ;)

I have no reason to doubt anything you say at this point so I'm getting me an Amuse tonight and practicing on the HSR. Then maybe I'll watch the back of your car for a few seconds some day. :sly: What's your best HSR lap time in the Amuse so I have something to shoot for before taking her out in public?

Good luck with the Amuse friend. I use the Mines on the HSR.
 
Fanatic if you find driving the Elise easier than driving the S2000, then your Elise tune must be INCREDIBLE and your S2000 tune must SUCK! (If you notice NO ONE agrees with your opinion). Controlling a MR is MUCH harder than controlling an FR anyday, no matter what kind of car it is. The reason why SO MANY S2000 were on HSR is because they are fast, and easy as crap to drive. When the 750pp came out all you saw online at HSR were corvettes and s2000. WHY? Because they are EASY as CRAP to drive.

Luke
 
Fanatic if you find driving the Elise easier than driving the S2000, then your Elise tune must be INCREDIBLE and your S2000 tune must SUCK! (If you notice NO ONE agrees with your opinion). Controlling a MR is MUCH harder than controlling an FR anyday, no matter what kind of car it is. The reason why SO MANY S2000 were on HSR is because they are fast, and easy as crap to drive. When the 750pp came out all you saw online at HSR were corvettes and s2000. WHY? Because they are EASY as CRAP to drive.

Luke

Your obviously a Lotus user and the truth hurts. Stop crying like a baby :( and start running your car instead of your mouth. The Elise is as slow as a three legged donkey compared to the REAL tuner cars, FACT. The only thing that the Elise has going for it is that it is able to take turns sharply. I have driven a Lotus Elise in real life, and although it is a quick little car, it has no real feeling of raw power. I have also, amongst other cars, driven a Honda S2000, and the diffrence between the two is entirely different - the S2000 out performed the Lotus in every aspect, acceleration and top speed. So before you start trying to lay down the law on which is the better car, I suggest you drive the cars before making such bold statements. Also, take a look in the "your favourite car thread" and notice that theres barely a Lotus there. Also, why be so confrontational? I will react to you in the same way as you react to me. I prefer to have a mature debate instead of the childish point scoring comments that you insist on making.
 
Your obviously a Lotus user and the truth hurts. Stop crying like a baby :( and start running your car instead of your mouth. The Elise is as slow as a three legged donkey compared to the REAL tuner cars, FACT. The only thing that the Elise has going for it is that it is able to take turns sharply. I have driven a Lotus Elise in real life, and although it is a quick little car, it has no real feeling of raw power. I have also, amongst other cars, driven a Honda S2000, and the diffrence between the two is entirely different - the S2000 out performed the Lotus in every aspect, acceleration and top speed. So before you start trying to lay down the law on which is the better car, I suggest you drive the cars before making such bold statements. Also, take a look in the "your favourite car thread" and notice that theres barely a Lotus there. Also, why be so confrontational? I will react to you in the same way as you react to me. I prefer to have a mature debate instead of the childish point scoring comments that you insist on making.

First off, did I say which one was a BETTER car. NO. I did not say it was a better car, I said it was harder to handle, and don't talk to me about cars driven, I am only 19 and have driven 3 mr2 spyders, one standard 6 speed semi manual transmition, one with a 2zz-ge engiine, with a 6 speed manual, and one with a turbocharged 1zz-fe engine, several MR2 MKII's and a few MKI MR2's, a lotus elise 111R, a lotus exige, a s2000, a camaro, corvette, NSX type R, just to name a few. The Lotus elise truly does not have RAW POWER, like the s2000 does, but no offense if your looking for RAW POWER, drive my freinds supercharged 1991 Camaro Z28, now that's power. The Exige however gets more of the raw power feeling like the s2000 but can still take a curve like nobody's business. The turbocharged MR2 Spyder, was INSANE, it put both the s2000 and elise to shame when it came to feeling the raw power. Oh, and the reason why the lotus elise isn't on the favorite car forum? BECAUSE IT"S HARDER TO DRIVE, so many people (myself included) don't like it as much. As for a mature argument, how about (as I stated before) you actually understand what I said and not stick words in my mouth.

Luke
 
First off, did I say which one was a BETTER car. NO. I did not say it was a better car, I said it was harder to handle, and don't talk to me about cars driven, I am only 19 and have driven 3 mr2 spyders, one standard 6 speed semi manual transmition, one with a 2zz-ge engiine, with a 6 speed manual, and one with a turbocharged 1zz-fe engine, several MR2 MKII's and a few MKI MR2's, a lotus elise 111R, a lotus exige, a s2000, a camaro, corvette, NSX type R, just to name a few. The Lotus elise truly does not have RAW POWER, like the s2000 does, but no offense if your looking for RAW POWER, drive my freinds supercharged 1991 Camaro Z28, now that's power. The Exige however gets more of the raw power feeling like the s2000 but can still take a curve like nobody's business. The turbocharged MR2 Spyder, was INSANE, it put both the s2000 and elise to shame when it came to feeling the raw power. Oh, and the reason why the lotus elise isn't on the favorite car forum? BECAUSE IT"S HARDER TO DRIVE, so many people (myself included) don't like it as much. As for a mature argument, how about (as I stated before) you actually understand what I said and not stick words in my mouth.

Luke

I'm not sticking any words in your mouth, I don't have a gun to your head do I. Don't talk to me about high perfomance cars, a family member of mine races for a living, and I get to drive the cars he races. Ever driven an Evo X, I can assure you that you'll need to take some bog roll with you, because the power of that car is frightening. The reason people rarely use the Elise is not because it's hard to drive, it's because it's slow. Now if you wan't to have a civil, friendly discussion on things, than i'm more than happy to chat with you, but if you just want to point score, then I won't waste my time replying to you.
 
The reason people rarely use the Elise is not because it's hard to drive, it's because it's slow.

Exactly, the car is a challenge to drive in the 750 suzuka event because in order to even be competitive you had to put enough distance on your opponents before the hairpin, so they won't catch you in the 2 big straights after the hairpin.
 
I'm not sticking any words in your mouth, I don't have a gun to your head do I. Don't talk to me about high perfomance cars, a family member of mine races for a living, and I get to drive the cars he races. Ever driven an Evo X, I can assure you that you'll need to take some bog roll with you, because the power of that car is frightening. The reason people rarely use the Elise is not because it's hard to drive, it's because it's slow. Now if you wan't to have a civil, friendly discussion on things, than i'm more than happy to chat with you, but if you just want to point score, then I won't waste my time replying to you.

So before you start trying to lay down the law on which is the better car, I suggest you drive the cars before making such bold statements.

I never was making an argument as to which car was better, you did stick words in my mouth, you don't have to have a gun to someones head to put words in someones mouth. Plus, be careful when talking to people about being uncivil, you haven't exactly been the epitimy of civility on this forum. But, that's cool that one of your family members race! :) What type of racing does he do? What class? My Father-in-law used to race formula ford and the like. Nothing huge, but he is in the know with some people who own some FAST cars. As am I, but as of right now I have not driven a EVO X, but what is that, a 13 second car? I am not trying to start a fight I am just saying that I HAVE driven some fast, high end cars. My father-in-laws MR2 is a 13.5 second car, and his is slow. A guy named Eric Glenn has a 10 second MR2, I know what power is. There is no need to assume that because I think that the s2000 is easier to drive means that I have never driven anything with alot of power. I agree the Elise is not necessarily the fastest car in the world, but it is not very easy to drive, that was my whole point, and that's all.

Luke :)
 
Exactly, the 111r can barely hit 160mph without a draft on suzuka. The car is a challenge to drive in the 750 suzuka event because in order to even be competitive you had to put enough distance on your opponents before the hairpin, so they won't catch you in the 2 big straights after the hairpin.

Thats my point, it relys on drafting. If I have an Elise behind me on Suzuka at the starting grids, I can pull away fom it like it's standing still. Once i'm in front of it, provided I don't make any mistakes, I can leave it way behind.
 
I never was making an argument as to which car was better, you did stick words in my mouth, you don't have to have a gun to someones head to put words in someones mouth. Plus, be careful when talking to people about being uncivil, you haven't exactly been the epitimy of civility on this forum.

Luke :)

You have the nerve to say that I haven't been the epitimy of civility on this forum when all your out to do is make cheap point scoring comments. If you think I am encouraging you to say things that you don't wan't to say, then it doesn't say much for your intellegence does it. I've offered you the chance to be civil and engage in a mature discussion, but it is clear that you aren't interested in doing that.

*NOTE* Appolgies for the double post.
 
You have the nerve to say that I haven't been the epitimy of civility on this forum when all your out to do is make cheap point scoring comments. If you think I am encouraging you to say things that you don't wan't to say, then it doesn't say much for your intellegence does it. I've offered you the chance to be civil and engage in a mature discussion, but it is clear that you aren't interested in doing that.

Whoa, again I was not trying to say I had not been uncivil, I had been and I apologize for that, but acting like you're better than me and talking about how uncivil I am is not the greatest way to get me to be civil, the other half of my post was nothing but civil. Yet, you neglect everything I had said? I am trying to engage you maturely and believed I was succeeding in doing so, but appearantly you aren't to interested in having a civil conversation either. How was what I said a cheap point scoring comment? If you want to debate intelligence, what was your ACT score, SAT score, IQ? Mine, 28, 1280, 159. What did you major in in school? Mine, Mechanical Engineering. Don't throw my intelligence level at me, that shows YOUR level of intelligence. Plus, I quoted exactly where you stuck words in my mouth, but then again you ignored that to didn't you?

Luke
 
Whoa, again I was not trying to say I had not been uncivil, I had been and I apologize for that, but acting like you're better than me and talking about how uncivil I am is not the greatest way to get me to be civil, the other half of my post was nothing but civil. Yet, you neglect everything I had said? I am trying to engage you maturely and believed I was succeeding in doing so, but appearantly you aren't to interested in having a civil conversation either. How was what I said a cheap point scoring comment?

Luke

I'm not acting like i'm better than you at all. look this isn't going anywhere is it. Calling my opinion of the Elise and S2000 a joke wasn't the best way to go about things was it.
 
If you think I am encouraging you to say things that you don't wan't to say, then it doesn't say much for your intellegence does it. I've offered you the chance to be civil and engage in a mature discussion, but it is clear that you aren't interested in doing that.

Friend, let me tell you, i've been into the GT series since it first hit the stores ten years ago. I know it inside out. the Elise is a noob car.

The Elise bores me to tears because it's SOOOO easy to drive. If you think that a power house Amuse is easier to drive than that matchbox car that goes round tracks on rails with minimal effort as regards tuning, then the jokes on you.

Your obviously a Lotus user and the truth hurts. Stop crying like a baby and start running your car instead of your mouth.

I will react to you in the same way as you react to me. I prefer to have a mature debate instead of the childish point scoring comments that you insist on making.

I'm not sticking any words in your mouth, I don't have a gun to your head do I.

Hence the civility comment. I said I had not been civil, and I apologized for that but yet AGAIN you ignore that fact, you really are a lost cause just like I had heard.

Luke
 
Hence the civility comment. I said I had not been civil, and I apologized for that but yet AGAIN you ignore that fact, you really are a lost cause just like I had heard.

Typical teen attitude. Your lost up your own butt. I have more in the way of family and money than you will ever have the privilage of knowing.

Furthermore, I couldn't give a damn what you may have heard. There are thousands of people on these forums, many of which i've had civil conversations with. Your THE only one that I have met that has had such a major attitude.

It's also interesting that in your above post, that you have only singled out my comments and not the comments of the othter guys that were part of the conversation. Blatant discrimination towards me on your behalf.
 
Typical teen attitude. Your lost up your own butt. I have more in the way of family and money than you will ever have the privilage of knowing.

Yet I act more mature than you do. Shame, pure shame.

Luke
 
I have more in the way of family and money than you will ever have the privilage of knowing.


No need to go there.... pointless personal digs.... It's the internet for crying out loud.
 
Back