Buying car: Amuse S2000 vs Elise 111R

• Thread starter Exaccto
  • 161 comments
I'm willing to race you Fanatic, on 700 suzuka in my 111r if you want. Although I really wish we still had 750pp because those 50pts were important :(

I saw BonzoHarry in the chat last night - that would be an interesting race - when we going to see you online racing again Fanatic? Being that you are in England, the time diff is not very favorable for me to run into you in a race (not pun intended).

I'm willing to race you Fanatic, on 700 suzuka in my 111r if you want. Although I really wish we still had 750pp because those 50pts were important :(

That would be interesting BonzoHarry. I've not been online recently but I will try to get on this evening around 10pm Western GMT. I did notice you on Suzuka 700pp last week, you looked a pretty capable driver. You was in a red GTR I think. I was behind you at the starting grids, was right on your tail for the first lap and managed to pass you down Crossover. I was doing pretty well until I got punted off at Gyaku Bank on the second lap. Managed to get back on track and make some ground up, then coming down Crossover I got side swipped off at 130R, guy forced in on my line :crazy: so I stayed there until the race was over. Don't know who won.

Amonst other things, the tyre physics are being improved soon, also the pp calculations are being changed, so it's going to make a drastic difference to the performance of how cars handle, which is all good. :)

haha yea, red gtr...but man let me tell you that thing was a damn target. I guess everybody assumed I was a super-ramming awd-using noob, so they decided to not be a target and ram me first (presumably before I could ram them).

Then I moved to the NSX-R which was actually competitive, despite being short like 25pp points. Then of course I went back to my 111r...losing the 50pp points meant increasing weight dramatically to get the setup I wanted, so it needs some minor tweaks but I think it could still be fun.

I've got a test tonight, but I should be done around 7:30pm central time...which apparently means, it'll be be like 1:30am your time...hmm...

haha yea, red gtr...but man let me tell you that thing was a damn target. I guess everybody assumed I was a super-ramming awd-using noob, so they decided to not be a target and ram me first (presumably before I could ram them).

Then I moved to the NSX-R which was actually competitive, despite being short like 25pp points. Then of course I went back to my 111r...losing the 50pp points meant increasing weight dramatically to get the setup I wanted, so it needs some minor tweaks but I think it could still be fun.

I've got a test tonight, but I should be done around 7:30pm central time...which apparently means, it'll be be like 1:30am your time...hmm...

OK cool, If i'm around at that time, then it will be good to go a few races with you. 👍

The Lotus Elise is just over 100kg heavier than the an average F1 car. I never said you can take the downforce off of every car, just the F1 (please read my post correctly). And yes you CAN take the downforce off of the front and rear of the F2007 and it won't have any real major effect on performance. I've put my Amuse S2000 up against other cars and have come in the top 3 podiums most of the time. Put yours up and see how you fair. Wan't a real race, then make your way over to the most complex track, Suzuka... look forward to seeing you. ;)👍

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding this may be because of my poor english. I know you never said you can take the downforce off of every car. What I was trying to say is that you will never be able to take all the downforce off. Car aerodinamics are very very complex and even more on the F1. The wings is the only adjustable options and they only make up a very small percentage of the overall aerodinamics, which is why you'll never see much difference in performance.
I'll be very glad to accept that challenge, but I am only able to play online on weekends. However I never implied that I was very good with that car. Wait until I get my wheel and then I master pro physics and then I will race you happilly any weekend. (if you drive on standard physics then i can race you now).

P.S. The Lotus Elise is about 800 kg, are you sure an F1 is 700kg??? I always thought they were about 500kg.

Also, as soon as i get the amuse I'll TT with both of them and then tell you in which one I'm faster, can you post your TT times in both cars just to have an idea please??

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding this may be because of my poor english. I know you never said you can take the downforce off of every car. What I was trying to say is that you will never be able to take all the downforce off. Car aerodinamics are very very complex and even more on the F1. The wings is the only adjustable options and they only make up a very small percentage of the overall aerodinamics, which is why you'll never see much difference in performance.
I'll be very glad to accept that challenge, but I am only able to play online on weekends. However I never implied that I was very good with that car. Wait until I get my wheel and then I master pro physics and then I will race you happilly any weekend. (if you drive on standard physics then i can race you now).

P.S. The Lotus Elise is about 800 kg, are you sure an F1 is 700kg??? I always thought they were about 500kg.

Also, as soon as i get the amuse I'll TT with both of them and then tell you in which one I'm faster, can you post your TT times in both cars just to have an idea please??

The Lotus Elise 111R is approx 720kg. An average F1 car is approx 600kg.
I can go onto Suzuka 700pp now if you wan't. 👍

Hey, I'm not sure when I'll be back online. A huge ass storm rolled through last night, blew up my TV, our stove, cable modem, and a limb broke off the passenger side mirror to my GTI. I haven't checked my PS3 yet because I wasn't sure if I could handle any more bad news...

OH MAN! Sorry to hear that - hope things get back to normal quicker than GT_Fanatic in a finely tuned Amuse S2000 pulling away from a Lotus Elise 111R. :)

Hey, I'm not sure when I'll be back online. A huge ass storm rolled through last night, blew up my TV, our stove, cable modem, and a limb broke off the passenger side mirror to my GTI. I haven't checked my PS3 yet because I wasn't sure if I could handle any more bad news...

That sucks, hope your PS3's ok. I went online at Suzuka at 1.30am Western GMT and wondered why you weren't around.

yea I'm going to check the ps3 when I get home I guess. It just really sucks because now I'm going to have to be doing all my homework at starbucks. Which means my day will consist of work from 8-5 then starbucks from 6-8...then get home and OH! no tv...or internet...

The Lotus Elise 111R is approx 720kg. An average F1 car is approx 600kg.

Not trying to nit-pick, but an F1 car has to weight at least 600kg including driver, except during qualifying when it is 605kg. I don't know how exact PD is with the weight, but I would guess that the F2007 (in the game) weighs exactly 600kg.

Not trying to nit-pick, but an F1 car has to weight at least 600kg including driver, except during qualifying when it is 605kg. I don't know how exact PD is with the weight, but I would guess that the F2007 (in the game) weighs exactly 600kg.

I wouldn't say your nit-picking, but as santiagomo87 said that a Lotus Elise weighs twice as much as an F1 car, which I thought was an over estimimation of weights between the two cars. I replied to him with approximate weights, as in the Lotus is around 720kg and an average F1 car is around 600kg. That makes my statement correct in saying that a Lotus is just over 100kg more than the F1 car.

The weight of the driver in an F1 car isn't going to add a significant amount of weight to the car to make a major difference to the overall weight in relation to the Elise. It would still work out that the Lotus was just over 100kg heavier than the F1 car.

Last edited:
I would be willing to bet that once we have a short technical course, without many straights, Suzuka has got 2 BIG ones, then we will see the Elise being the better of the 2, until then. Well, just until then. :)

Well my PS3 works as far as I can tell. Still no internet or tv though...

I can't believe my tv and internet died like 2 days before the biggest update...plus I wanted to show off my 111r...

I would be willing to bet that once we have a short technical course, without many straights, Suzuka has got 2 BIG ones, then we will see the Elise being the better of the 2, until then. Well, just until then. :)

That is a strong possibillity. whiich short technical course do you have in mind, I can't think of any from previous GT's that don't include long straights with the short technical parts.

That is a strong possibillity. whiich short technical course do you have in mind, I can't think of any from previous GT's that don't include long straights with the short technical parts.

I can think of only one, that would qualify for what I am talking about, the Autumn Ring from GT4, it does have one straight, but it's not that long. :) Oh, and maybe trial mountain.

it's not fair to design a course around a car though. I mean I could find a track where a stock mini (non-S) could beat a veyron, but that's just not fair.

If you're so concerned about the 111r's speed, then stop running it at 85% weight. From the last figures I ran the best hp:weight for full downforce + R3's on 750pp was 98% weight and 323hp, and at 98% it still has the weight advantage over the other cars. For 700pp it was some like 115% weight and 317 or something (whatever the highest you can set it at was).

I can think of only one, that would qualify for what I am talking about, the Autumn Ring from GT4, it does have one straight, but it's not that long. :) Oh, and maybe trial mountain.

Autumn Ring is a good point, but I wouldn't agree on Trial Mountain because it has three long straights, especially the straight through the tunnel. but thinkig about a fairly short technical course, Hong Kong from GT4 would advantage the Elise.

Autumn Ring is a good point, but I wouldn't agree on Trial Mountain because it has three long straights, especially the straight through the tunnel. but thinkig about a fairly short technical course, Hong Kong from GT4 would advantage the Elise.

That's why I said maybe trial mountain, I couldn't remember how many straights it had. But Hong Kong is a good one indeed.

it's not fair to design a course around a car though. I mean I could find a track where a stock mini (non-S) could beat a veyron, but that's just not fair.

If you're so concerned about the 111r's speed, then stop running it at 85% weight. From the last figures I ran the best hp:weight for full downforce + R3's on 750pp was 98% weight and 323hp, and at 98% it still has the weight advantage over the other cars. For 700pp it was some like 115% weight and 317 or something (whatever the highest you can set it at was).

Of, course it's not "fair" to pick a course that favours a specific car, but in the light of the subject that we were discussing, it is a valid point that on certain courses, certain cars will perform better. That was the only point I was trying to make. ;) But all because there are tracks that favour different kinds of cars doesn't make it "not fair", it's just reality. Fuji, Daytona, and HSR, all favor the s2000 over the Elise, but that's just how it is. So we can talk about how "not fair" it is, but it doesn't change the reality of the situation. :)

Luke

Last edited:
That has yet to be determined yet, we're still on storm damage hiatus.

Thing is, the update later this evening is going to change the perfomance of most, if not, all of the cars. So the Elise is going to gain a far better advantage in terms of what it is currently at. Granted, the other cars will also gain, obviously, but seeing as MR cars have more of a tendency for the rear end to sway out when cornering, then the new improvements in tyre grip are going to favour the MR cars more, thus making them far easier to control when cornering.

Hope your insurance sorts your damages out so you can get back on track. :)

Sorry, but anyone who thinks, in RL, that a S2K is better/faster/whatever, then an Elise, either hasn't driven one, or didn't drive it well. I have driven both, on race tires, and the Elise blew the S2K away. Sure, the Elise doesn't have "the raw power", but what it DOES have is a better power to weight ratio.

Lotus Elise goes 4.7 sec 0-60, and 13.4 in the 1/4 mile. With 190 bhp. Curb weight? 1930 lbs.

S2000 goes 5.5 0-60, and 14.00 in the 1/4 mile. With 237 hp. Curb weight? 2835 lbs.

Of course that is stock for stock. I can tell you, from experience, that a well driven Elise, in the real world, would be faster then a S2000 on almost any road course. It is a momentum car. What it lacks in power, it makes up in being able to carry more speed through the corners.

As for the game.... have fun with your debate.

Hope your insurance sorts your damages out so you can get back on track. :)

Me too, I'm waiting to hear what the increase will be after the claim...it just really blows that the internet company can't make it out until this weekend...which still isn't a guarantee it will be working by then.

Sorry, but anyone who thinks, in RL, that a S2K is better/faster/whatever, then an Elise, either hasn't driven one, or didn't drive it well. I have driven both, on race tires, and the Elise blew the S2K away. Sure, the Elise doesn't have "the raw power", but what it DOES have is a better power to weight ratio.

Lotus Elise goes 4.7 sec 0-60, and 13.4 in the 1/4 mile. With 190 bhp. Curb weight? 1930 lbs.

S2000 goes 5.5 0-60, and 14.00 in the 1/4 mile. With 237 hp. Curb weight? 2835 lbs.

Of course that is stock for stock. I can tell you, from experience, that a well driven Elise, in the real world, would be faster then a S2000 on almost any road course. It is a momentum car. What it lacks in power, it makes up in being able to carry more speed through the corners.

As for the game.... have fun with your debate.

I have driven a Lotus Elise and a Honda S2000 in real life, and the S2000 beat the Elise hands down on a 2 lap run. I have a relative who races for a living, and I have the privilage of driving all manner of high perfomance cars, so I get a good insight into how different cars perform.

Heres a link that will take you to a website that shows a vid of a S2000 racing various cars. The vid is about ten minutes long and shows the S2000 passing ALL of the cars, including the Elise.

http://www.blinkx.com/video/s2000-vs-gt-r-lotus-and-more/irDEUfXr3AhaXIqdyYbwhA

Heres Another link that shows a Lotus Elise unable to pass a S2000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih3qAL4iaCo&feature=related

Have fun and enjoy.

Last edited:
Back