Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,270 views
CB Pro, Ninja Pro. Through a wall, one shot kill upon spawning - and chopper gunner targetting through several surfaces. No standard-game possible visual or auditory clues - which leaves only the explanation of "non-standard game".

Also, yes. I've just received Fallout 3: Game of the Year edition (£20 including all DLC - beating £30 for the normal game and £40 for all the DLC) to give me a break from MW2. I've also got Lego Indiana Jones and some games based on Pixar's "Cars" coming.
You have a spy on your team? I got nothing. Maybe it is a hack.
Quite possibly up for a marathon this weekend indeed :)
I can always count on you! ;)👍
Okay, i'd like to join you all online. Everyone add me on PSN.
OK, but only because you have the coolest avatar.
 
I had a game earlier on derail where the entire enemy team spawned exactly where I was prone. It didn't go so well...
 
I just watched a video of some guy beating terminal in 36 seconds on veteran. He took so many hits just going up the stairs I know it was fake. I beat it in 32.75 on regular so I guess that one is doable but some others I doubt could be done without a second player at the very least.

I did it on Veteran in 32s, using that method.
 
Arghh my stupid Predator missile came down on a roof again. I had no control over it's direction at all, I could fight it's movement but it didn't budge from the path it was on.
 
Arghh my stupid Predator missile came down on a roof again. I had no control over it's direction at all, I could fight it's movement but it didn't budge from the path it was on.

I've had that happen a few times lately. I would try to direct it down screen and it would somehow seem to flinch up screen and go nowhere near where I intended. And that was without firing that extra boost.
 
I had that happen a few times before the most recent patch. What drives me more insane is if you hit a tree like inches from someone on Estate, it won't hit the people right below it. Drives me crazy.
 
I have no idea. I must have taken at least 5 hits, but I made it. Everything was blurry, red bubbles at the end, but I made it.

I'm pretty sure I watched the same video as you - up the side of the steps, down the left side over the benches, down the corridor and jump down the leftmost steps at the end? I saw it - accidentally, as it happens (I was trying to find out how many waves of enemies there were, so I knew how far I'd got so far) - and though "No way". Tried it and got it first go.
 
Thats it. It took me several tries even on regular. Flash grenades only last for about .2 seconds before they start shooting you again.
 
I had that happen a few times before the most recent patch. What drives me more insane is if you hit a tree like inches from someone on Estate, it won't hit the people right below it. Drives me crazy.

Or cranes on Scrapyard/Highrise. Or when you have a guy dead in your sights only to have a teammate kill him seconds before impact. I hate that the most. I have some tweaks to the interface for IW. How about giving friendlies a green box on the Predator/AC130/Chopper Gunner screen, except of course those with CB just to keep it consistent. And maybe making party member names blue in the game lobby like the triangles on the radar. Been a few times some of you guys left and I didn't even notice until the match started.
 
I just found out how to go out of the map on hidden. There is so much stuff to explore... This is pretty cool.
 
Hidden? What?
 
The spec ops mission. They put a bunch of extra stuff in it.
 
Ohhhh, ok, cool.
 
I finally fell through the map after 20 minutes of screwing around.
 
Or cranes on Scrapyard/Highrise. Or when you have a guy dead in your sights only to have a teammate kill him seconds before impact. I hate that the most. I have some tweaks to the interface for IW. How about giving friendlies a green box on the Predator/AC130/Chopper Gunner screen, except of course those with CB just to keep it consistent. And maybe making party member names blue in the game lobby like the triangles on the radar. Been a few times some of you guys left and I didn't even notice until the match started.

The cranes make sense. They are like 30 feet up at least or something, could provide some cover. The having the Predator hit a 6 inch tree branch and detonate 4 feet above someone and not killing them is just silly. Ditto on the wood frames around the flag points on Wasteland.
 
Or a door ledge, just above the doorway as they are walking through. Ridiculous.

I can't seem to get any rhythm going at the moment, I play really poor yet my KD is still rising. I hate relying on these lucky kill streak breaks I get each match, where I get like an 18 kill streak then do nothing but die for the rest of the match. It's really frustrating! I'd much rather get lower kill streaks but way more of them so it at least feels like I've been playing well all match.
 
I put a predator missile through a metal railing on skidrow once.
 
I just found out how to go out of the map on hidden. There is so much stuff to explore... This is pretty cool.


One of the easiest out of map stages ever:tup: ( If anyone is interested I can post videos of how to get outside all the maps) I explored all over the outside of that map and the part where its basically copies of buildings from chernobyl are just plain spooky when your inside of them. I always wonder why in the world they waste time and space putting in solid surfaces and detail like posters on the walls etc. when its an area that isn't accessible, or suppose to not be accessible anyways. Theres actually 2 different ways out of that map:sly: In one map, I believe it was afghan I was roaming around in spectator and there is a small shack deal way off the map with a few barrels and on them are stickers saying something to the effect of infected substance which leads me to believe there will be some type of "nazi zombie'ish" add on in DLC later on, or a infection type game type. Man, I was 1 kill away again today (twice!) to getting the nuke again:ouch: Like I said before, I'm not going out to get a nuke but when I get my harrier and then it gets me my choppa gunna and then I'm up to 1 kill left I notice, then I get slammed! I couldn't keep a harrier in the air today for anything, as soon as they came in bam someone shot it down before it would even get a round off. I do the same thing to people though, its annoying when your on the receiving end! They really need to make the air support a little harder to shoot down, one shot and the harrier is toast, thats just lame. Ok, rant over, in joy your day/night mates.

EDIT: Forgot, while talking about out of map here is a good one if your good at jumps and can pull it off quick enough! I did it a few days ago in HCTDM just to see if I could, I did and racked up all kinds of kills then quit the game because it just wasn't fair for me to have those kills, I just wanted to see if I could do it in game.


 
Last edited:
They probably knew about it and left it in the game for us to enjoy.

I just found an easy way to beat high explosive. I found that if you run in circles they end up grouping up and you can take 2-3 out at a time.
 
Apparently, according to the comments that only works on PC, I tried for ages on PS3 and it didnt work.
 
My night on XBL was an interesting one tonight.

It started with getting invite from breakpoint to an private match. He showed me the elevator stuff that you guys been talking about. I couldn't really get on it, but it was interesting stuff to see. And somewhat downhill from there.

Me, couple of my buddies, breakpoint, we get on team deathmatches. Care package glitch is out of control. You know how they say there's first time for everything? Well, I done did it. I cursed out the glitch player in the lobby. I was upset, after getting hit by what seemed like 3, 4 straight predator, then endless choppers. However, after some choice words, names from me, I had to pretty much facepalm when the "kid" is like "what's up?" in 12 year old boy voice. I went "🤬 figures.....", and left the lobby to report him. dudeurdead is the 12 year old. There were others after that, but I'm not 100% sure about the identity, so I won't list them here. I did kill two of them, stole a Harrier. Pretty much my only highlight of the night. XBL k/d dipped to 2.00 even, thanks to those idiots ruining our evening. We try to get together once a week, have a good time, but it was easily ruined by handful of self-serving jerks. Thanks for nothing, I hope you grow out of being an idiot someday! 👎

P.S. Infinity Ward better get on that. I'm not getting on the XBL until that thing is fixed.
 
They are banning people every day now, as long as they hacked to get there they are banning them. They read every report and if it is a hacker, ban or suspension for that player. As for PSN players, PSN doesnt ban people often at all so dont expect miracles there.
 
I got pretty hot in that one game. I've NEVER cursed at, or called someone out before(in the lobby). I guess it was that time of the month for me. What? :dopey:
 
I do it when I get annoyed, not too badly but it has been known to happen :D.
 
That glitch is hard as hell. I tried it for a while and I got to the third pole but I don't think you can jump to the balcony from there.

I put FMJ on my Barret .50 cal and it seems less powerful. I'm using stopping power pro and I still had problems with it. I shot this one guy at close range center mass and he still killed me. I know I hit him I saw it on the kill cam. With stopping power it should always be a one shot kill.
 
Apparently, according to the comments that only works on PC, I tried for ages on PS3 and it didnt work.


It works on console, Ive done it in game, but then again I'm a "glitcher/fancy jumper".


@timeattack: Theres some glitch that when you put FMJ's on the .50 it does less hit damage, I know.....uber 🤬

@a6: I hope they fix the matchmaking because everytime the map would change all I would get was waiting for party leader and I would check my friends list to see you already on another map in a game, WTF? That care package glitch match was annoying, as you can tell playing with me I'm all about shooting down killstreak rewards with a quickness though:tup: UAV, choppers, they all get it quick from my stinger missiles! I have yet to be able to shoot down a AC though, but I will! Hopefully they will fix these issues and we can enjoy a proper set of games like it was designed to be had:)


Oh and after you got offline I was playing with my pistol tac knife with marathon pro, lightweight pro, and commando so I could get my last 20 commando kills for that nice 10k point reward and something radical happened. I got the challenge for killing the entire team within however many seconds and got it really funny. The entire team was about where the red dots are on the image there, I came from inside the base deal and went from one to another stabbing and none of them even noticed this until of course they were all gone :) I was laughing so hard because the bottom right of the screen was my name and a knife symbol over and over.

map.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thats pretty ****. Is it just the .50 cal or is it all rifles?
 
Why else would he say there was a barrier on consoles? I couldnt make it onto the balcony and I am a pretty good glitch jumper.
 
Thats pretty ****. Is it just the .50 cal or is it all rifles?


From what I have read ( Don't know for sure its just what I have seen) its the .50 cal. It makes no sense but I can believe it because of some of the weird glitches this game has and is suffering from, they rushed the game out a little too quick and didn't have enough testers. The only glitch testers they had were IW's in house testers of course and a handful of us at mapmonkeys, next time release a beta dum dums.

Why else would he say there was a barrier on consoles? I couldnt make it onto the balcony and I am a pretty good glitch jumper.


I can show a6 live like I did the elevators tonight and he can tell you that I did it if you like? He joined my match with me outside of Karachi shooting him:sly:



EDIT: You need to strafe jump to make it to the building or you won't make it, if you cant strafe jump on a console then your SOL doing this one. You also need to have marathon and lightweight on with a sub machine because its not as heavy as other guns.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back