Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,270 views
The 360's game save files are different than the PS3's, on PS3 all you have to do is have a usb thumbdrive and note pad to mod, on 360 you need special programs and a HD transfer cable.

Just to be clear, that's the developers' fault and not the PS3's. Lots of games have locked gamesaves.
 
Just unlocked SitRep Pro, and OMFG it is amazing. Not just because enemy foot steps are louder, but because your allies are practically muted. In Hardcore, where SoundWhoring is extremely useful (provided you have surround sound), you can literally follow people based on foot steps alone. It also makes those Ninja Pro users loud enough to hear.

It may replace Ninja for my fav perk in HC. And practically makes the Heartbeat sensor redundant, as no one crouches EVERYWHERE they walk.

Only down side... SitRep Pro takes forever to unlock...

I've been on a quest to get SitRep Pro for about 3 days now. I have about 50 enemy equpiment destroyed.. About 80 to go. :sick: If found it very useful to use an Assault Rifle with FMJ to shoot the equipment through walls. Best gun to do this with is definately the TAR-21. :)
 
I have been shocking all day since my 30 Killstreak, I just can't down anyone no matter what I try! I'm extremely surprised that I haven't lost my 1.56 KD.
 
How do you unlock it? Shoot enemy equipment?
Destroy 120 enemy equipment - so tac insertions, claymores and C4. As it happened, whenever I had Sitrep on one of my classes prior to prestige I never found any claymores or tac insertions, but without it I "found" claymores a lot and found (and destroyed) at least 20 tac insertions :grumpy:
 
I love SitRep Pro. It's great to be walking along and hear a guy running towards you, so you stop and wait for him. Plus it's amusing to see how stupid some people can be, running aimlessly around corners or up stairs where you know a claymore is placed. And they're in pretty obvious claymore spots too.

It is now my goal to complete every challenge in the game. I have no desire to prestige again since I've got a lot of the longer challenges more than half complete and I'm not going to go through it all again.
 
I was just thinking about hopping on and getting some games in when I got a call for some work. Looks like I'll be gone all night :ouch:

Just got back home from the middle of no where Arkansas about an hour ago. Went from NW Chicago too there and back non stop except for gas. Way to tired too play now. Maybe after I get some sleep...
 
Just unlocked SitRep Pro, and OMFG it is amazing. Not just because enemy foot steps are louder, but because your allies are practically muted. In Hardcore, where SoundWhoring is extremely useful (provided you have surround sound), you can literally follow people based on foot steps alone. It also makes those Ninja Pro users loud enough to hear.

It may replace Ninja for my fav perk in HC. And practically makes the Heartbeat sensor redundant, as no one crouches EVERYWHERE they walk.

Only down side... SitRep Pro takes forever to unlock...

*looks at the 5.1 system I've just been given and smiles.

I like SitRep, i think it's very under-rated as a 3rd perk. Saved my life plenty of times. Can't wait for Pro.
 
Had some horrible games the past few days, struggling to get >10 kills or a 1:1 KDR (Though if I find an ACR you best run :p)

Last night I was working for Cold-Blooded Pro, got to 39 out of 40 killstreaks and went 7 games before I finally was able to down a UAV, it's the only time in my MW2 career that I wished my team sucked worse! :p

From,
Chris.
 
Getting up to speed again, improving my kdr from 1.95 to 1.98
Also got my beloved AUG HBAR back, together with Cold-Blooded pro and ninja pro.
Need another 55 ammo pickups to get scavenger pro.

My harrier actually helped in getting cold-blooded pro.
Someone on the opposite team called in a pavelow just after I got my bird in the air.
I could see the harrier shooting at the heli, waited until it was destroyed and started shooting at it myself :)
 
Destroy 120 enemy equipment - so tac insertions, claymores and C4. As it happened, whenever I had Sitrep on one of my classes prior to prestige I never found any claymores or tac insertions, but without it I "found" claymores a lot and found (and destroyed) at least 20 tac insertions :grumpy:

Try hardcore. There are more campy style players there, and fewer people that rush straight into things, setting off said claymores. SitRep actually works very well in spotting campers, because they almost always setup claymores, and you can mess with them by destroying them through walls and then waiting for them to check on it.

Also, getting the "How the ?" challenge is always amusing. I've killed more than a few people by shooting a claymore or C4 through a wall thanks to SitRep.
 
Thanks to my bro, my KD dropped from 1.42 to 1.37 :(

See you all later, most likely.
 
:lol: If I had a brother like that, his k/d would be ..... just death.

On Famine's X-Ray killer, did you guys already consider the heartbeat sensor? I apologize if I missed that in prior posts.

SitRep, you guys should just follow me around. I drop claymores, everywhere I go. :D
 
Anyone else just getting plain tired of the game? i know I am.
 
Not quite, but going prestige on two accounts, I am tired of having to rank up!
 
Anyone else just getting plain tired of the game? i know I am.

Not really, but im really tired of bad connection :indiff: Even when I have 4bars in connection it can be laggy:sick: Maybe its my net... I dont mind having 0.5 sec lag if my enemies has it to, but 0,5sec lag when enemies have 0-0,1sec lag its horrible.

Had some nice matches with some of you guys tonight. You know who you are;) Cheers
 
.5 seconds... 500 ms. That is just insane, I wouldn't play CS 1.6 with anything over 100 normally, and match making stops on MW2 at about 80ms ping time for me on games. I am gonna say something is with your net.
 
.5 seconds... 500 ms. That is just insane, I wouldn't play CS 1.6 with anything over 100 normally, and match making stops on MW2 at about 80ms ping time for me on games. I am gonna say something is with your net.

Mayby its more like 0.3....if I not host(I really dont know how much lag it is, but that I have more lag then my enemies is not really a pleasure), but when looking at killcam I can fire hole magasin, but on killcam I only fire 2 bullets. I have wireless internet, but I have 8mb download/1.5mb upload, wich should be enough?
 
Last edited:
Not really, but im really tired of bad connection :indiff: Even when I have 4bars in connection it can be laggy:sick: Maybe its my net... I dont mind having 0.5 sec lag if my enemies has it to, but 0,5sec lag when enemies have 0-0,1sec lag its horrible.

Had some nice matches with some of you guys tonight. You know who you are;) Cheers

Some good games indeed, I do apolagise for leaving SnD midway, I just can't stand that mode on this game with all the noobtubes and heartbeat sensors and such, it was more interesting in COD4 and I didn't like it then because of the lack of dynamic battle.

I was having a pretty bad night overall by my standards, got quite angry with it all and was ready to give up as I soldier on alone but then... Afghan Domination comes up yet again, remember last time I mentioned this? 35 killstreak or something? You can see where this is going so I'll just go right ahead and say it. 55 killstreak with a tactical nuke on the end to finish it off as the score limit closed in. 55 kills for nuke number 5 with a final score of 71-4, alot more kills in this streak were with the ol' M16 red dot, stopping powered, about 10-12 kills came from that AFTER the air support left, and of course I had another 10 or so before sitting down for the chopper. Annoyingly I could have got even more if the score limit wasn't coming in fast.
Who needs a grenade launcher?
 
Some good games indeed, I do apolagise for leaving SnD midway, I just can't stand that mode on this game with all the noobtubes and heartbeat sensors and such, it was more interesting in COD4 and I didn't like it then because of the lack of dynamic battle.

I was having a pretty bad night overall by my standards, got quite angry with it all and was ready to give up as I soldier on alone but then... Afghan Domination comes up yet again, remember last time I mentioned this? 35 killstreak or something? You can see where this is going so I'll just go right ahead and say it. 55 killstreak with a tactical nuke on the end to finish it off as the score limit closed in. 55 kills for nuke number 5 with a final score of 71-4, alot more kills in this streak were with the ol' M16 red dot, stopping powered, about 10-12 kills came from that AFTER the air support left, and of course I had another 10 or so before sitting down for the chopper. Annoyingly I could have got even more if the score limit wasn't coming in fast.
Who needs a grenade launcher?
No need for apolagise, not everybody like SD. Cant remember your kill fest at afghan...but I know your a good player. If I only had your patience;) (I enjoy run and gun more) I CAN have more objective points or kills then you, but you always have better K/D ratio :lol: See you on the battlefield.

Cheers Richard
 
Anyone else just getting plain tired of the game? i know I am.

I played today for the first time in about 2 weeks. Had to drop sensitivity from 8 to 2, lol. Had some pretty bad matches, 4-11, 7-10, followed by some good ones, 16-4, 25-8. The lag got worse and worse as the time went on. With all this bad GT5 news I might play this a bit more from now on. Thinking about prestiging. Something I haven't done in ANY COD game.
 
No need for apolagise, not everybody like SD. Cant remember your kill fest at afghan...but I know your a good player. If I only had your patience;) (I enjoy run and gun more) I CAN have more objective points or kills then you, but you always have better K/D ratio :lol: See you on the battlefield.

Cheers Richard

It was after we all dispersed and I'd carried on alone for a while, infact you'd just came back on PSN moments before, I very nearly messaged you in triumph of my achievement I was ecstatic.
 
Well it was fun playing a few games with some GTP people tonight. :cheers: That was much more fun than playing alone and I actually improved in the K/D department in every game. I look forward to playing with you guys some more. 👍 I only wish I could have stayed up a bit longer, but I need some sleep before work in the morning. :banghead:
 
Haha, no problem. You caught me at a good time too, I was playing pretty well for those games, especially on Afghan (Though the 516 guys kept giving them free kills... those 2 had more deaths than the four of us combined, by almost a factor of 2)

And my KD went up again! Which is saying a lot, since i have 33,349 kills at the moment...
 
Yeah, it was nice playing with Vash for couple of games. You live in or around OKC(Thunder passed my Blazer tonight :( ), so you were probably 2, 3 hours ahead of me & Azuremen. I hope to see some of you guys for a marathon, this weekend. ;)

My k/d is going down. It's still 2.13, but just barely. Just two more level up, until ACR. That could change my fortune. Maybe. :D
 
Anyone else just getting plain tired of the game? i know I am.

Not getting tired, but i'm at that point where i've leveled up on pretty much all the weapons i use and all the perks i would want to use. So the XP needed to get to the next Prestige level is now coming in slowly and the game is becoming a slog. I'm slowly crawling back towards breaking even on my K/D ratio, so i'm not inclined to start experimenting with unfamiliar and inaccurate weapons just to chase XP.
 
On Famine's X-Ray killer, did you guys already consider the heartbeat sensor? I apologize if I missed that in prior posts.

CB Pro, Ninja Pro. Through a wall, one shot kill upon spawning - and chopper gunner targetting through several surfaces. No standard-game possible visual or auditory clues - which leaves only the explanation of "non-standard game".

Also, yes. I've just received Fallout 3: Game of the Year edition (£20 including all DLC - beating £30 for the normal game and £40 for all the DLC) to give me a break from MW2. I've also got Lego Indiana Jones and some games based on Pixar's "Cars" coming.
 
There is always straight up blind luck, I've got kills without even FMJ through walls without intention just by firing a few random covering shots. Similarly the chopper gunner is something you just mash the trigger with so it is very possible to randomly pick up guys without trying to, and I certainly have on that front multiple times with no red box around randomly picked up a kill.
 
Aye, it wasn't wallspam either. These guys knew where we were the instant we spawned. They got 21 kills each and no-one else topped seven.

This isn't luck.

I'll say this all one last time. These guys were waiting outside buildings until we spawned, while we had Coldblooded/Pro and Ninja/Pro perks active and firing one shot through the building and killing us. With no visual clues, no sensor clues, no auditory clues (we hadn't even moved sometimes) and no explanation possible inside the standard game.

They were shooting chopper gunners directly at us in our spawn locations throughout the map - switching from one spawn point to another the instant someone spawned in it - getting me on one occasion through a roof, a wall and a dividing floor (and I don't know if you've tried this, but chopper gunner can only get through buildings normally if there's an opening - a window or doorway - or if they shoot outside, have a wide splash from Danger Close Pro and there's an opening. Chopper gunner normally cannot penetrate surfaces). And they finished 21 to single-figures, with no other player in the game on either side beating 7.

There is no possibility where all these things can line up and still get the answer "normal game". One shot kills through a wall on a guy you can't see, can't hear and can't detect with any equipment just as he spawns? No. 🤬. Way. It's out and out cheating.


Luckily, as I said before, it's also very rare - once every two or three days I'll encounter someone with mystical abilities which are merely suspect. Once every couple of weeks it'll be someone who is just taking the piss. These guys were the first time it's ever been such blatant cheating.
 
This isn't luck.

I'll say this all one last time. These guys were waiting outside buildings until we spawned, while we had Coldblooded/Pro and Ninja/Pro perks active and firing one shot through the building and killing us. With no visual clues, no sensor clues, no auditory clues (we hadn't even moved sometimes) and no explanation possible inside the standard game.

They were shooting chopper gunners directly at us in our spawn locations throughout the map - switching from one spawn point to another the instant someone spawned in it - getting me on one occasion through a roof, a wall and a dividing floor (and I don't know if you've tried this, but chopper gunner can only get through buildings normally if there's an opening - a window or doorway - or if they shoot outside, have a wide splash from Danger Close Pro and there's an opening. Chopper gunner normally cannot penetrate surfaces). And they finished 21 to single-figures, with no other player in the game on either side beating 7.

There is no possibility where all these things can line up and still get the answer "normal game". One shot kills through a wall on a guy you can't see, can't hear and can't detect with any equipment just as he spawns? No. 🤬. Way. It's out and out cheating.


Luckily, as I said before, it's also very rare - once every two or three days I'll encounter someone with mystical abilities which are merely suspect. Once every couple of weeks it'll be someone who is just taking the piss. These guys were the first time it's ever been such blatant cheating.

Was it like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm3Wj2YfDx0
 
Back