Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,420 views
I remember being not impressed by the AA12. Maybe just because I'm so used to reloading it right away. And that is one of the quickest reloading gun I use anyway.

Its biggest issue is its low ammo count. I saw a video of it being used with extended mags the other day and it was crazy. I think it doubles the ammo count if I remember right.

The AA-12 can also be used as a grenade launcher IRL. How insane would it be if you had a full auto noob tube :ouch:
 

Oh dear lord. That's ridiculous.
 
[youtubehd]NpVHSjJjdJk[/youtubehd]
I feel like using the Throwing Knife now. :lol:
 
It's just so random with your competition, and also the connection speed.

I think this may have alot to do with it, I think.



My ps3 is only about 4 feet closer to the router, also wireless. I just did the speedtest on the ps3.

Connection speed (Download) 1.1 Mbps
Connection speed (Upload) 310.1 Kbps

Now that I think about it when I used to play better the router was only a foot away from the ps3. Hell I've even tried hooking it up directly and I recall it actually being slower. Maybe it sounds like i'm making excuses, but there are just so many times when I know the enemy should have been dead. For instance using the Barrett .50 Cal with Acog, the gun is fired and it's a direct hit chest and above but they end up killing me. I know the gun goes off because I can see it and hear it fire, but no go. Ugh.

This also brings up another point, I wonder how accurate the game trully is. I know we've all had those times you know you hit the person but nope, no hit markers, nothing. The game can't be 100%, can it? I bet it mainly boils down to connection speed. Then I just get frustrated and can't play well. I don't play video games to get mad, but this one makes me FURIOUS!!! :lol:

/rant or whatever.
 
Your internet is slow... My 10 megs or so is slow.

1.5 is ancient. Upgrade time.
 
Oh, they got me good tonight.
Oh dear lord. That's ridiculous.
Uh-uh. With a good connection, that's about right. It has no range, but if you know how to maneuver around cover, and get the timing on the reload, AA12 can be your BFF. It should never happen against decently skilled opponent, but there are so many idiot rushers in MW2, they are like "oh, a6m5's shells are so tasty, I'm gonna beat my teammate for the seconds!". :sly: Seriously though, I'm on this team tonight, made up of mentally challenged people. Harrier is mowing us down, left & right. I camp in a nearby building, I die exactly "zero" times during this stretch of the match. My teammate kept on running out, they didn't even make it to the guys they were after. As soon as they ran out, Harrier took them out. It got hilarious, and I left when their stealth bomber flew in, and my guys kept on running out, getting blown up in front of me as Harrier's still firing and all. :lol: I wish these guys just stop & think for a second. :lol:

My night was pretty horrible, as it turned out to be one of those nights where everybody's mission was to kill me. Even my gun, I know it's really a connection, felt like firing rubber bands. Two highlights were when I got hit by random noobtube, and where on this rafter, other guy comes up the ladder, but there is one of my teammate, then me. I'm expecting my teammate to knife the sucker as he's coming up the ladder, he just watches. Now the enemy is on the rafter, my teammate starts fumbling like he's trying to reload. The enemy walks by him(barely room for one guy to pass through), knifes me. It was one of them nights. And they put me on the crappiest teams, also. So many games, I could barely come up positive, and everybody else, they are not even close to breaking even.

My k/d started out really good for the night. Probably over 5, easily. As my night turned, it dropped a point right away. I got it back up to 2.27, like two hours later, I quit. :guilty:

Edit:



I don't speak internet or computer. What does this mean?
 
I think you secretly want to keep improving your K/D every time I get close. Not much, just enough to keep teasing me... Then come on and talk about how bad you are and all that...
 
I think you secretly want to keep improving your K/D every time I get close. Not much, just enough to keep teasing me... Then come on and talk about how bad you are and all that...
I wish I was that good.[/tease]
 
Lol. I'm getting to the point where I'm ok with where mine is. So long as it doesn't go down I'm ok.
 
I'll be honest. While I truly do believe that I'm overachieving, even on XBL k/d at 2.06, I'm still trying to get much higher. My current goal is 2.30 on PSN, and 2.10(for now) on XBL. Many complain about the overkill on the air support, and I gotta say, they do have a lot to do with my high k/d. How close did you get to mine anyway, TA?

Another thing I forgot to complain earlier(lol), my claymores stopped working, too. It was just hilarious how they exploded as they walked through it, but nothing happened. My gun stops working, that happens, but my claymores, too? That's a bad night, right there.

P.S. Am I the only one who misses the overkill perk? I didn't use it a whole lot, but it was fun to play around with it, once in awhile.
 
I was on 2.23 or 2.24 for a while I think. I'm stuck on 2.22 now. I am using lower kill streaks since I prestiged so that may have to do with it not going up much anymore. I've varied my play style a lot as well and I'm probably having more fun this way so I suppose thats what matters most. Those damn care packages don't like me much though...
 
I've been going for the nuke lately, and that's hindered my k/d for sure. Anything higher, or lower than my usual 5-7-9(predator-harrier-pave low) hurts my k/d overall.
 
I doubt I'm good enough for a nuke yet so I haven't tried yet. It would probably be a lot easier if they'd fix the pave low glitch. I'm using the default kill streaks right now but I'll probably switch back to the same 5-7-9 as I was using before.
 
Uh-uh. With a good connection, that's about right. It has no range, but if you know how to maneuver around cover, and get the timing on the reload, AA12 can be your BFF. It should never happen against decently skilled opponent, but there are so many idiot rushers in MW2, they are like "oh, a6m5's shells are so tasty, I'm gonna beat my teammate for the seconds!". :sly:

The AA-12 just got put into my list of guns to level. Though, there are so many in that list at the moment, that I doubt I get to it before I Prestige once I hit 70. With that said, it would be fun to use the AA-12 in my Marathon/Lightweight class.

Seriously though, I'm on this team tonight, made up of mentally challenged people. Harrier is mowing us down, left & right. I camp in a nearby building, I die exactly "zero" times during this stretch of the match. My teammate kept on running out, they didn't even make it to the guys they were after. As soon as they ran out, Harrier took them out. It got hilarious, and I left when their stealth bomber flew in, and my guys kept on running out, getting blown up in front of me as Harrier's still firing and all. :lol: I wish these guys just stop & think for a second. :lol:

Don't you love teammates that continue to get killed by air support? Or better yet the guys who continue to run straight into the opposing team only to get mowed down? My main goal in Team Deathmatch is to only do things that help my team out and that mainly implies limiting my deaths, as the majority of the time I am going to be in the middle of the pack with kills. Furthermore, if it means I have to sit in a building until opposing air support is gone, then so be it.

Here is my Speedtest:

 
My connection speed I posted on the previous page has been considerably higher than anyone elses so far, I just wish I had more upload speed than I do.
 


This takes the mick.
i am on a 16mb broadband connection. Is there somw way to tweak up connections.
 
I do miss the M16. M16 from the CoD4, that is. :lol:

Whats wrong with the MW2 M16? I've been using M16s since my Socom days when it comes to assault rifles and I still do. It's the gun that lead me to my 55 streak, around 30 of the 55 being good ol' M16 which is not far off my best on COD4 with the M16, 35. If the score limit wasn't coming up and I didn't decide to nuke the place I'm sure I had a fair shot at topping it to. I honestly don't notice any major difference, particularly with stopping power, when comparing old and new M16s.
 
Had another day of sucking badly. Every room I joined seem to have a 2 or 1 bar connection, it's so hard to lay down kills with so much lag! Got the points I needed to hit 3rd prestige though so I was slightly pleased.
 


This takes the mick.
i am on a 16mb broadband connection. Is there somw way to tweak up connections.

Show up to your local coms hub with a baseball bat.
 


This takes the mick.
i am on a 16mb broadband connection. Is there somw way to tweak up connections.


Actually there is, tweak your tcp/ip settings. The easiest way to do that is to download Cablenut because it has a nice little interface to make it easy to tweak them for normal people:tup:
 
The AA-12 just got put into my list of guns to level. Though, there are so many in that list at the moment, that I doubt I get to it before I Prestige once I hit 70. With that said, it would be fun to use the AA-12 in my Marathon/Lightweight class.
I usually don't mix marathon with the AA12. Just remember that you gotta get really close. 👍
Don't you love teammates that continue to get killed by air support? Or better yet the guys who continue to run straight into the opposing team only to get mowed down? My main goal in Team Deathmatch is to only do things that help my team out and that mainly implies limiting my deaths, as the majority of the time I am going to be in the middle of the pack with kills. Furthermore, if it means I have to sit in a building until opposing air support is gone, then so be it.
I love them when they are on the other team. That's for sure. :lol: And yeah, I think minimizing deaths is something that should be preached to many noobies.
Here is my Speedtest:

:drool:

Whats wrong with the MW2 M16? I've been using M16s since my Socom days when it comes to assault rifles and I still do. It's the gun that lead me to my 55 streak, around 30 of the 55 being good ol' M16 which is not far off my best on COD4 with the M16, 35. If the score limit wasn't coming up and I didn't decide to nuke the place I'm sure I had a fair shot at topping it to. I honestly don't notice any major difference, particularly with stopping power, when comparing old and new M16s.
You gotta be kidding me, Drag. If it's working out for you, that's great. But for most of us, it's nowhere near the weapon it was in CoD4. In CoD4, one burst dropped them, equipped with, or without Juggernaut. In MW2, it's a hit & miss. I also think the accuracy has dropped off as well. Again, if you like it, that's great. But have you noticed the drop in the availability of M16 as a pick up weapon? I don't think it's as highly regarded as it was in CoD4.
Show up to your local coms hub with a baseball bat.
I think Omnis is telling you that they have faster internet in prison. :lol:
 
I usually don't mix marathon with the AA12. Just remember that you gotta get really close. 👍

I figured I would be using the AA-12 in a similar way to the USP45 that I have been using in the Marathon/Lightweight class. I usually only pull out the USP45 when I run up behind someone and am basically right behind them at a very close range. I am also going to play around with the AA-12 a bit today because I finished unlocking all of the attachments for the USP45.

I love them when they are on the other team. That's for sure. :lol: And yeah, I think minimizing deaths is something that should be preached to many noobies.

No doubt about that.
 
So I did the speed test thing again, and I got same results:



Verizon's plan says for $10 more a month($39.99), I can get up to 7.1Mbps download + 768Kbps upload. Upload doesn't change, but nearly the double download speed(up to 3Mbps w/current plan). Do you guys know if this can be a noticeable advantage playing online games like Call of Duty? I mean, $10 is nothing if it's going to lead to more kills + less deaths. :lol:
 
You gotta be kidding me, Drag. If it's working out for you, that's great. But for most of us, it's nowhere near the weapon it was in CoD4. In CoD4, one burst dropped them, equipped with, or without Juggernaut. In MW2, it's a hit & miss. I also think the accuracy has dropped off as well. Again, if you like it, that's great. But have you noticed the drop in the availability of M16 as a pick up weapon? I don't think it's as highly regarded as it was in CoD4.

It's certainly not used as much as it once was, but I'm using it just as much and the weapon feels more or less the same. I kill in a burst or 2 almost every time, using the red dot even though the Holo aparently improves accuracy. I'd say it's not so much that the M16 is worse, but more that other weapons are closer to it. Sometime like the ACR for example is incredibly easy to use, similarly the SCAR is quite easy to use thanks to good power. Infact I can't think of any assault rifle which is difficult to use, arguable the FAL but I don't find that particularly challenging either.
 
Back