Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,401 views
I swear every time I play with you guys I have a hard time. I had a great night tonight except when I was playing with you guys. I don't know what it is but that match on Favela I was getting destroyed. I had to get away from you guys before my head exploded.

I made a new class tonight and have been doing amazingly well with it.

Vector with red dot
AA-12 with grip
semtex/flash
Scavenger pro
Stopping power pro
Steady aim pro

I had never used the Vector before but I'll be damned if it isn't amazing. My best match of the night I went 38-3 on rundown with this setup.

picture15785.jpg
 
The Vector is a very nice weapon, except for it being the weakest hitting weapon in the game. The rate of fire makes up for that though. The Vector has been rotated in and out of my Marathon/Lightweight class, most recently with the silencer attached. The Vector works well in the setup, with my only complaint being the ammunition is exhausted much too quickly. The class setup is one I have to be very aware of needing to pick up another weapon after a three or four kills.

I really need to get away from the Marathon/Lightweight class combination. A majority of the time I only get just over an even K/D. The only issue is I am enjoying sprinting around the map like a maniac. I especially like it to rush on Domination and try to quickly capture the opponent's first position.
 
Oh how I do love lobbies filled with noobs. Only 2 people were just into the first prestige, everyone else was lower than level 40, no prestige. Domination on Terminal and I just proceeded to rip them apart with the Intervention FMJ, finished the match 43-4.
 
I was having another good night tonight. The PSN has been acting up all night though. I was signed out 3 times and now I can't log back in.
 
I signed out earlier too, I wasnt playing Call Of Duty though.
 
[empty space];3788216


wtf? i need my schools internet at home :(
That upload is insane. You could host like a 128 player match if it were possible. And that latency is brilliant too. So good for playing COD just not for downloading things. :p

I really do wish sometimes they have dedicated servers. Recently I've been having so many games where I know I've hit them but it doesn't detect. When it makes me host it's a HUGE difference and they die instantaniously. :dunce:
 
I switched out my semtex for a claymore on my Vector class. Good times. Good times. You can put them in the most obvious places time after time and people keep coming back.
 
I like putting claymores in weird places, like the middle of the street :) I do hate it when I go to throw a grenade and start planting a claymore because I forgot that class had claymores on it, then I get killed because of it...happens a good bit to me....
 
G.T
Recently I've been having so many games where I know I've hit them but it doesn't detect. When it makes me host it's a HUGE difference and they die instantaniously. :dunce:

Hosting does seem to make a big difference, especially if you connection is usually iffy. I had a session over the weekend where i must have been host (i had full bars and others were 3 or less for most games) and where as i usually end a game with an even k/d, or 2 or 3 +/- either way on average, for these games i was on a 4:1 or better k/d. If only i always connected that way :indiff:
 
I have noticed it depends on what times I play as to how good of a connection I get with other people because of the location. At night I will always be connected and playing with people here in the USA, but if I play early in the morning I am always playing with spanish speaking people, don't know where most of them are from since there is more than one place where they speak spanish. When I play with them I can never play because of the lag, I just have to keep searching or just give up until most people get out of school here or get off work.
 
I like putting claymores in weird places, like the middle of the street :) I do hate it when I go to throw a grenade and start planting a claymore because I forgot that class had claymores on it, then I get killed because of it...happens a good bit to me....

I have done that with tac inserts. :ouch:

I just recently decided to switch from the default button layout to the tactical layout. What a difference one button makes... I can't believe I haven't done this sooner.
 
I've switched to Xbox style, where your right trigger button is "fire", and the right shoulder button operates the equipment(grenade, claymore).
I had never used the Vector before but I'll be damned if it isn't amazing.
Don't listen to this guy. I caught him also playing WaW, last night!
My best match of the night I went 38-3 on rundown with this setup.
I LOVE Rundown. Good job! 👍
I do hate it when I go to throw a grenade and start planting a claymore because I forgot that class had claymores on it, then I get killed because of it...happens a good bit to me....
I've done that more than once. :lol:
Hosting does seem to make a big difference, especially if you connection is usually iffy. I had a session over the weekend where i must have been host (i had full bars and others were 3 or less for most games) and where as i usually end a game with an even k/d, or 2 or 3 +/- either way on average, for these games i was on a 4:1 or better k/d. If only i always connected that way :indiff:
It really does. I want to say that little over 50% of the time, when I'm the host, I become unstoppable. Like Top-3 finishes every game, with k/d near the "supernatural" level.
 
It really does. I want to say that little over 50% of the time, when I'm the host, I become unstoppable. Like Top-3 finishes every game, with k/d near the "supernatural" level.

See I get the exact opposite when I host. It takes ages for anyone to actually start the game, then when they do I end up lagging out to the point where their bullets actually turn corners. Then if the lag hasn't killed me my screen will flash black for an increasingly longer period of time which leaves me standing completely still, doing nothing at all. Luckily I never host anymore but I did have a spell of a week a while back where I would do nothing but.

On another note, I now fully understand the power of the G18 Machine Pistol. I've beaten SMG's in a head on fire fight, when they fired first.
 
Well the undead aren't just going to kill themselves now are they...
OK, I didn't know you were killing zombies. My bad. :lol:
See I get the exact opposite when I host. It takes ages for anyone to actually start the game, then when they do I end up lagging out to the point where their bullets actually turn corners. Then if the lag hasn't killed me my screen will flash black for an increasingly longer period of time which leaves me standing completely still, doing nothing at all. Luckily I never host anymore but I did have a spell of a week a while back where I would do nothing but.
That is weird. I'm guessing it must be the problem on your end, like how it's connected to the internet. I'm not computer, or internet savvy, so I couldn't say..... When I'm hosting, it's like I get half a second jump on everybody. I'm usually on the receiving end of this, but it's like they don't even see me until I got a round or two in them. I'm not gonna lie, it's sort of great. :p
On another note, I now fully understand the power of the G18 Machine Pistol. I've beaten SMG's in a head on fire fight, when they fired first.
Likely you went up against someone like me. I just suck. Just last week, I got pwned by a Pimpin 2000, when I had my silenced UMP on. :ouch:
 
OK, I didn't know you were killing zombies. My bad. :lol:

I actually like that game a lot. I thought about hoping in a game last night but no one was playing sabotage.
 
In a glitched lobby... 18 person Free For All anyone?
 
In a glitched lobby... 18 person Free For All anyone?


I was hosting a Arena game type lobby the other night and nobody responded to the messages I sent but A6, and he didn't want to try it out
:indiff:


And on to what I was going to post about. I was playing HCHQ earlier and I was running up the stairs that go to turn down the long road stretch on Favela there in the corner of the map and as I was coming up the stairs I tossed a stun grenade just in case someone was camping around that corner. Well, I tossed it coming up the stairs and as soon as I topped them I watched an enemy sprint directly into it in mid air and BAM, instant kill by hitting him in the head with it/him running into it with his head:dopey: I have done it a handful of times but thats the first time I have actually got to watch it kill someone like that, and also the only time I have ever got that lucky with something like that, felt good:tup:
 
In a glitched lobby... 18 person Free For All anyone?
This was on PS3, I have never seen glitch PS3 lobbies.
 
I just started using the F2000 and its a solid gun. I had tried it before I prestiged and just didn't like it because it seemed to have ridiculous recoil, but now it seems not to have any really, either I have got better at MW2 or they have reduced its recoil in on of the 1K updates. Ready to get the holo for this thing and do work. It does need stopping power and scavenger though, it runs out quick and lacks some power.
 
This was on PS3, I have never seen glitch PS3 lobbies.

I've seen two. This FFA one and then a Search and Destroy one that could have 18 people as well.
 
O.o, I love search and destroy!
 
I got tossed into a regular TDM with 18 people. That's the only glitched lobby I've seen so far.
 
When did you guys get in these lobbies? I havent played in a week but if it has happened in the last week that explains why I havent seen it.
 
This would have been a few weeks ago.

I'm getting close to getting the extended mags for the AA-12 now. Should have it by tonight/tomorrow I think.
 
Global Nuclear War anyone?
 
Had an epic game in Scrapyard a couple nights ago. Started out good and got a 4 kill streak, was going for 5 to get my predator but I died. So I call in my care package and get....A CHOPPER GUNNER! First time using it and man was it sweet. On that small map I was just destroying the enemy. When it finally ran out I was 15-1. Ended that game 26-7 which has been my best score so I started a couple weeks ago.

Current fav gun is the Aug HBAR with a Grip attached. Using it with a Stinger in the secondary slot. I find that because of the amount of ammo the Aug has I never really need to switch to a secondary so I keep the Stinger to down those Harriers and Choppers as they come in. There was only one time when I was defending in a HQ Pro game that I ran out of bullets and had to "borrow" someone else's gun.

Using these perks with them.
Sleight of Hand Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Steady Aim

Now I like the sleight of hand to speed up the aim down sight and the slow reload speed but I'm still experimenting with the other two.
Does the Aug really benefit from Stopping Power? Can the Stinger still shoot down all the planes and choppers without the +extra damage from Pro?

Still undecided about what to use in my third slot. Don't find myself spraying from the hip much so don't really benefit from Steady Aim. Any suggestions? I'm only level 36 so it's either Commando, Ninja or Scrambler.
 
Does the Aug really benefit from Stopping Power? Can the Stinger still shoot down all the planes and choppers without the +extra damage from Pro?

Still undecided about what to use in my third slot. Don't find myself spraying from the hip much so don't really benefit from Steady Aim. Any suggestions? I'm only level 36 so it's either Commando, Ninja or Scrambler.

Stopping Power with the Aug may be a bit overkill (no pun intended) Cold Blooded may be better for you, especially if choppers and harriers are cutting you down too often.

Without pro, a stinger will take down a harrier or enemy UAV drone with one shot. Most choppers usually take two shots i've found.

Ninja or Commando are always my favourites for slot 3. Ninja with a light machine gun might be a bit pointless. Commando's increased melee ability is always nice for those in-close situations.
 
Stopping Power with the Aug may be a bit overkill (no pun intended) Cold Blooded may be better for you, especially if choppers and harriers are cutting you down too often.

Without pro, a stinger will take down a harrier or enemy UAV drone with one shot. Most choppers usually take two shots i've found.

Ninja or Commando are always my favourites for slot 3. Ninja with a light machine gun might be a bit pointless. Commando's increased melee ability is always nice for those in-close situations.

The AUG benefits just a little from Stopping Power, but it certainly does not need it. Hardline is fairly useful, as getting that Care Package at 3 kills makes a world of difference I've found.

Choppers and Pave Lows have flares, so they will always take two rockets with or without Stopping Power.

Ninja is nice, Commando is usually the best just because Teleporting 10 feet into someone is always helpful. :scared:
 
Back