Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,279 views
Is that really how it works? I've been getting pretty angry with being put with much higher prestiges. My K/D is at 2.39 now.
 
Just 2 levels away from my first prestige. Someone go over this with me, I lose all the weapon unlocks and start all over? Do challenges get reset too?
 
Everything that isn't a title or emblem gets nuked. (pun intended)
 
I'm thinking of just forgetting about my KD ratio because its ruining my fun when playing. I am getting so pissed off playing because of getting killed by people doing shady things like excessive camping etc. because of my KD. I had it to 1.90 and was trying to get past 2 but I dropped to 1.89 and now I'm thinking screw it. IW also made the matchmaking where it matches you with people because of your KD and allot of the people with my KD and higher are allot better than me so most matches now I am getting nowhere fast. Just because I have a high KD doesnt mean I am as good as the others that do, I am just more cautious when playing because I don't like dying. If I let it go down I would get matched with people that aren't as good as the ones I have been matched to lately, that would mean more fun.
I don't think the matching quite work that way. Most of the players I see struggle to barely finish even. And I rarely encounter players who are so good I have no answers for. It does happen, but just not very often.

Like I mentioned to you before, I just think you are going through a tough stretch. If I remember correctly, during my last unbelievable slump, which doesn't begin to describe the degree of smack down I received from matchmaking, connection, luck and everything else, my XBL k/d went from around 2 to 1.86 or something like that. If it wasn't for that, I'd be 2.40 on XBL right now! love you T.A. :p

Does k/d take fun away from the game? My answer to that is yes & no. Yes, if you play multiplayer to have "fun". But if you are like me, answer is a definite "no". I play to compete. Stressing over competition is part of the game for me, if that make sense. Me, at work, I couldn't care less about the competition. Maybe when I'm bored, for entertainment, I might get a little competitive. Lot of people see me as Mr. laid back, Mr. mellow, Mr. Jack Johnson. But get me on the basketball court, CoD TDM, and I'll hit you, I'll be the biggest potty mouth you have ever encountered. I couldn't say hello without throwing in a "M.F." in there. Exact opposite of me in "real life". :lol:

Also, keep in mind that I only play team deathmatches. K/D is a pretty big part of CoD for me. :)

Edit: Jesus@the video. :eek: Just like the OMA-Danger Pro though, it would never work with my skills. Or lack there of. :lol:
 
the only thing you get to keep is your titles and emblems.
 
If it wasn't for that, I'd be 2.40 on XBL right now! love you T.A. :p

I :heart: u 2
hugs.gif
 
You guys are way too timid in the matches. Need more insanity like I have. MOARRR!!
 
:lol:

Different players, different styles. I seldomly play aggressive, but for a good reason. Head to head, I'm an average player at best. I have to use the map, its environment, etc. to my advantage, or I'd be playing to lose every match! :D
 
Is that really how it works? I've been getting pretty angry with being put with much higher prestiges. My K/D is at 2.39 now.

Can't say since you are on sony, but on 360 yes.

I don't think the matching quite work that way.


It didn't work that way until about 3 updates ago on 360. They were having issues with the matchmaking and the fix they figured up was KD ratio matching to match you with people that are the same level as far as skill goes, only problem with that is that the KD doesn't mean skill at all. I have been having problems with ping also lately. I have always been at 50ms ping in the game and the last 2 weeks I have been at or over 100ms, thats just not good for gaming....
 
I'm thinking of just forgetting about my KD ratio because its ruining my fun when playing.

👍

I got really burnt out on the game trying to improve mine, especially with my shady connection. Ever since I quit worrying about it, i've been enjoying the game a lot more.
 
It didn't work that way until about 3 updates ago on 360. They were having issues with the matchmaking and the fix they figured up was KD ratio matching to match you with people that are the same level as far as skill goes, only problem with that is that the KD doesn't mean skill at all. I have been having problems with ping also lately. I have always been at 50ms ping in the game and the last 2 weeks I have been at or over 100ms, thats just not good for gaming....
Let's say that is the way it was intended by XBL. That can not explain the competition I've been facing. My k/d's been on a rise, thanks to these clueless dudes I've been playing against lately. No way they have anything remotely close to 2.0 kill/death ratio.

And you, yourself trying to reach 2.0, I'm convinced it is well within your reach. I've seen you play, and I'm no better than you, clearly. If anything, I'd say you have much higher "skills" than I do. If I do anything well, it's knowing my game, my limitations. I choose when to attack, and I always work to put my targets in vulnerable position. I use my teammates, flash bangs, claymores, etc., whatever I can use to position the kills just right for me to take. If I hit them running, like Azuremen, or somebody like that, I'd never reach the kill streak needed to boost my kills, let alone high k/d ratio.

Another thing, and some will frown on this: If the connection, match making is out to screw you, don't take it. Leave. When you are shooting, but the replay show you not fire at all, or when you shoot and it doesn't even register, it's my opinion that you are under no obligation to stay and take the unfair beating. If the gun don't work, move on, I say. No, I really do say that.
 
Any of you guys ever get stuck on the debris/junk cars on underpass? It seems like every time I take cover by or on these I get stuck and cant move away. Can't jump/crawl or anything.
 
Let's say that is the way it was intended by XBL. That can not explain the competition I've been facing. My k/d's been on a rise, thanks to these clueless dudes I've been playing against lately. No way they have anything remotely close to 2.0 kill/death ratio.

And you, yourself trying to reach 2.0, I'm convinced it is well within your reach. I've seen you play, and I'm no better than you, clearly. If anything, I'd say you have much higher "skills" than I do. If I do anything well, it's knowing my game, my limitations. I choose when to attack, and I always work to put my targets in vulnerable position. I use my teammates, flash bangs, claymores, etc., whatever I can use to position the kills just right for me to take. If I hit them running, like Azuremen, or somebody like that, I'd never reach the kill streak needed to boost my kills, let alone high k/d ratio.

Another thing, and some will frown on this: If the connection, match making is out to screw you, don't take it. Leave. When you are shooting, but the replay show you not fire at all, or when you shoot and it doesn't even register, it's my opinion that you are under no obligation to stay and take the unfair beating. If the gun don't work, move on, I say. No, I really do say that.


Maybe I have just been having horrible luck lately then, I have been stuck in room after room of 6 plus prestiged people and just been getting it handed to me. The best game I have had in the last week was today and it was something like 14-3, which is just crap compared to the games I averaged before the map pack came out. Maybe my expectations are just too high also, it seems if I don't get over 20 and under 5 I am pissed:ouch:

Any of you guys ever get stuck on the debris/junk cars on underpass? It seems like every time I take cover by or on these I get stuck and cant move away. Can't jump/crawl or anything.

Can't say I have ever been stuck on them. There are a few barrels beside the top of the creek deal next to a building that if you stand between them you will be stuck, pretty annoying one day because I ducked there to launch off a pred and then just had to keep shooting until someone came and killed me....
 
I've gotten stuck under the deck in Estate with a Silenced ACR before, took about 5 minutes for the enemy to find me and I was out of ammo due to firing to get attention :ouch: (I even failed at placing a claymore and it was in the few degrees of motion I couldn't put my gun in to blow it up and get killed from the explosion)

Been using my rush class tonight, ACR(Holo)+M1014(Grip)+Marathon+Lightweight+Commando (All Pro)

Played some Sabotage which was great because I'd rush the enemy bomb site and keep it clear for my team to plant the bomb. (Sadly every team I played with was complete noobs and just camped our Bombsite, treating the game like a 20-minute TDM)

From,
Chris.
 
Just the other day I was in the middle at the start on that car in the ditch thing and should have been 5-0 but got stuck on it. I dunno what it is but its like a magnet.
 
P.S. I wouldn't feel too bad, SweetShop. Who wouldn't get pwned by Drag. Maybe James(G.T), but that's probably about it. :D

I'm not so sure about that, I think there's plenty of guys here who have put in alot more time into this game then me and I suspect they're up to my level, including yourself you just don't have the confidence at the moment.

@ Breakpoint, forgetting KDR does take a weight off your shoulders, if you're having a bad game or against a better team whatever, you know that so you don't need to feel bad if your KDR isn't as good as you'd like, that's the way it goes. I always look at the contribution I make overall, which is easy to measure in TDM as for example if a player goes 10-2 and one goes 20-10, the 20-10 makes a 1000 point contribution to the teams victory (gives his own team 2000 minus the 1000 the other team gains from him) whereas Mr KDR 5 makes 800 so actually less. Sometimes I go negative but I'll only be bothered in TDM because I know I've not helped my team unless I have some assists to go with it. There's plenty of times, particularly in domination, where a team with negative KDRs actually end up winning, it's not a general but it does happen a fair amount.


Edit: Nice couple of games just now Sweet, I'm really pleased with how I went on Derail with the Intervention, seems like I'm not such a sucky sniper after all. I think I missed about 2-3 shots and 2 of those I was trying to quick scope as a guy was behind a corner at close range and he kept popping around, luckily my 3rd shot I could just see the top of his helmet peeking over the top of his little corner as he tried to shoot over to get me and *ting* he was down. Highlights of that match was getting a nice collateral quick scope as I defended A flag from close range, and one of my best shots I've ever made from the rail carriages, I was on the one right at the back of A, 2 guys were on A so I quick scoped one as the other hid just in a little corner, I jumped off the carriage, scoped in the air and just before I hit the ground took him down. Overall it was certainly one of if not my best games using the sniper rifle, although perhaps not on score I was aggressive and got plenty of awesome shots with precision and speed with plenty of multiple kill feeds to boot. Anyway, finished on a 26-2 following up a steady 16-4 on Terminal (normal set up) followed by something very average on Afghan where a team-mate got a nuke (about 5-4 or something) and then 6-1 mid way through Scrapyard, still with the Intervention until I had to leave. I'm not sure you did Sweet but you seemed to be picking up plenty of kills to me with the MP5K, good work.
 
Last edited:
I started playing capture the flag for the first time this morning. I had a hard time finding a game at first but I like playing it now its actually not that bad.
 
I started playing capture the flag for the first time this morning. I had a hard time finding a game at first but I like playing it now its actually not that bad.

Eh, it really just comes down to if the team has a few people with Marathon and Lightweight I've found. I got rather bored of the mode after a few games that a friend insisted on...
 
I finally found the ww2 german trucks and the tank by the river on rust. I was disappointed to find that it was a post ww2 era russian tank and not a german tank like I had read. I can't seem to find out if the divisional markings on the trucks are from real divisions or not though. I'm thinking not at this point since I can't find any that look even remotely similar.
 
I put a sniper back in my slots last night and started using the .50 again. I had been using the intervention and unlocked everything and then moved back to the .50. I had it setup with thermal (call it noob if you want, I prefer it) and fmj rounds with stopping power, ninja. I just was creaming the other team for about 5 games and then the host left. I was drag scoping like a madman with a mission, and the thermal helps out on that allot because of most of the team glowing white:) The bad thing about thermal is if someone has coldblooded on it makes it kind of hard for me to see them, which if I had the normal scope on I would spot them no problem. Overgrown with the thermal is better than wasteland! I had a domination game on overgrown with that setup and had the other team spawn trapped and was just ripping through them. I had changed my killstreaks to low ones since I had been having such a hard time and really wish I would have had them pred,harrier,pavelow instead of uav,cp,pred! The next domination match was on estate and my entire team was camping inside the house, not capturing a damn thing. They were just sitting there waiting. I went in and kept laying in front of one guy that was trying to snipe off the top of the stairs and he was an older guy and he kept laughing on his mic and saying stuff like man, what are you doing? And then would laugh, I'm trying to get you to move and play the game idiot...do something! They never left the house, and I left the game...
 
To Xbox users:

Guys, it is very rare for me to hate anyone this bad, but literally, this guy called II DUTTON 95 II keeps abusing me over and over just because a bullet reflected off a riot shied onto me and killed him while they were riot shield boosting on HC S&D. I've heard my fair amount of abusive people in my time on XBL but he's one of the worst.

Please file a complaint against him. I feel sorry for anyone else who comes across his abysmal attitude.
 
I love moments when I come into a group of 4 players, all running into each other desperately trying to line me up for a shot. Then I whack a full MP5K clip into them, hit marker crazy and they are all flawed in seconds wondering what the hell happened to their safety in numbers tactic.

Love the MP5K with Red Dot Sight.
 
G.T
To Xbox users:

Guys, it is very rare for me to hate anyone this bad, but literally, this guy called II DUTTON 95 II keeps abusing me over and over just because a bullet reflected off a riot shied onto me and killed him while they were riot shield boosting on HC S&D. I've heard my fair amount of abusive people in my time on XBL but he's one of the worst.

Please file a complaint against him. I feel sorry for anyone else who comes across his abysmal attitude.


Done. And because your such a good bloke I am going to send the prick a friend request and then bust every damn boosting party he tries. Actually what I will do is send someone on his friends list a friend request and then jump through them to get to him in game, that works much nicer:tup: I have been doing it to this one idiot that I told you guys about one day that the entire team was all boosting in a FFA and I was the only one that wasn't and it was pretty fun. They said it was pretty fun also to see if I could get to the booster being guarded by all of the riot shield carrying droogies. At one point they were saying, "I bet this guy is laughing at us because he has almost as many kills as our guy boosting and its just him against all of us". And I was:)

@sweet

God I hate the MP5 on MW2, they ruined a good gun from COD4....
 
Speaking of COD4, I saw it in a couple of stores here this morning. I nearly found myself buying it.
 
I also gotta hate on the new MP5. Sorry, SweetShop. :lol:
Maybe I have just been having horrible luck lately then, I have been stuck in room after room of 6 plus prestiged people and just been getting it handed to me. The best game I have had in the last week was today and it was something like 14-3, which is just crap compared to the games I averaged before the map pack came out. Maybe my expectations are just too high also, it seems if I don't get over 20 and under 5 I am pissed:ouch:
Not that long ago, before I went in a major slump(2, 3 weeks ago?), I was actually going for the nuke. It was going that good. Although my XBL killstreak is only 23, just during this 'nuke' stretch, I tied it many times. For some reason, I couldn't pass it one time. :dopey: Anyway, so there I was, kicking ass, taking names. The slump hit, I was lucky to finish in positive for I don't know how many days. I didn't feel like my game was any worse than during those nuke stretches. I will admit that my confidence was shaken, but can you blame me when I feel like I'm doing everything I'm supposed to, but coming out of the TDMs with scores like 7-12, or 15-11 at best?

It is truly unbelievable how bad & longs the slumps can be. I call it "supernatural" slumps for a reason. I'm glad to hear that you lowered your kill streak rewards, that's one of the adjustments I'd have made also. Just hang in there dude. I'm sure you are doing everything right, but just need to weather the storm for now. I've done it many times since CoD4. :D:tup:
I'm not so sure about that, I think there's plenty of guys here who have put in alot more time into this game then me and I suspect they're up to my level, including yourself you just don't have the confidence at the moment.
Trust me, not even close to there. :D MW2 rewards mediocre players, and that's the only reason I'm able to put up decent numbers at all. Scavengers, ACRs, so many types & abundance of launchers, and finally, the kill streak rewards, they can really help just decent players put up elite type numbers. You put me in a one-on-one situation, and I'm 50/50 at best. :p
G.T
To Xbox users:

Guys, it is very rare for me to hate anyone this bad, but literally, this guy called II DUTTON 95 II keeps abusing me over and over just because a bullet reflected off a riot shied onto me and killed him while they were riot shield boosting on HC S&D. I've heard my fair amount of abusive people in my time on XBL but he's one of the worst.

Please file a complaint against him. I feel sorry for anyone else who comes across his abysmal attitude.
How do you report them without adding them to the friends list? I was going to report Moglet's buddies as well, but I didn't know how once I got on the menu.

Speaking of COD4, I saw it in a couple of stores here this morning. I nearly found myself buying it.
I think it would be worth it, if you can get a good deal on a used one. I think it is the best game I've ever played. My opinion, of course. Gran Turismo 3 might've been the best game for me before that, but CoD4's multi-player, I got more mileage out of it than on GT3.

But also like some of the great GT classics, they were great in their time, but sometimes, they aren't as great going back to it after while. They definitely feel dated.
 
Ahhh you guys must be trollin.

The MP5K is a nice gun. It's got a high fire rate and a fair sized clip, accurate and the recoil is easy to control, the iron sights let the side down but other than that I don't see how it really differs from the COD4 beast. The UMP45 stole the show a bit but after using the MP5K for a while I realise how much it sucks. Oh well that's just my opinion.
 
I love moments when I come into a group of 4 players, all running into each other desperately trying to line me up for a shot. Then I whack a full MP5K clip into them, hit marker crazy and they are all flawed in seconds wondering what the hell happened to their safety in numbers tactic.

Love the MP5K with Red Dot Sight.

thats why i hate walking in groups sometimes as i got tired of being part of a double kill because someone stood between me and my target. ive learned to not stop shooting when people walk in front of me.
 
Ahhh you guys must be trollin.

The MP5K is a nice gun. It's got a high fire rate and a fair sized clip, accurate and the recoil is easy to control, the iron sights let the side down but other than that I don't see how it really differs from the COD4 beast. The UMP45 stole the show a bit but after using the MP5K for a while I realise how much it sucks. Oh well that's just my opinion.
Come to think of it, this is another gun, in addition to M16(yeah, Drag's crazy too :lol: ), AK47, .50 cal, all carryovers from CoD4 which seemed to have been downgraded since the 4. Maybe even the Deagle? I don't know, since I never use it.
 
The MP5 is still a good gun, but perhaps the recoil is more realistic now. You're usually screwed if you go up against someone with an assault rifle at a distance. Unless you have the time to fire off the shots one at a time, you probably won't get the kill. For a while my two main classes were identically set up SCAR and MP5 classes. Both silent with stopping power, scavenger, and ninja pro. Both dropped people in 2-4 bullets. The MP5's fire rate made it a little more useful inside buildings and other CQB situations, but was hopeless for long range. The SCAR on the other hand was just a little bit worse in close quarters and really good at medium and long range.

It would be cool if we could add the stock to the MP5k and make it a carbine. I have a GSG-5 which is a .22cal MP5 clone, and the dimensions, weight, feel, and shapes are identical to the real deal (created using a CADcam actually). Mine is the carbine (specifically an MP5SD clone, with a fat dummy silencer and the thicker front grip), so it has a stock. They sell a pistol version which is just like the MP5k in MW2. The MP5 is a heavy gun, and without the stock on mine, it feels very awkward to hold out and shoot. Its still held the same way, but you don't get the benefit of the stock to stabilize it. CoD4's MP5 had the retractable stock, which is definitely the best compromise for the weapon's real use, being able to quickly move around inside buildings.
 
Last edited:
Back