Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,324 views
Come to think of it, this is another gun, in addition to M16(yeah, Drag's crazy too :lol: ), AK47, .50 cal, all carryovers from CoD4 which seemed to have been downgraded since the 4. Maybe even the Deagle? I don't know, since I never use it.
Awww, the 50 cal is a brilliant gun, my favourite gun in the whole game and I never used it in CoD4, if anything I believe it is better in this game :sly:.
 
Awww, the 50 cal is a brilliant gun, my favourite gun in the whole game and I never used it in CoD4, if anything I believe it is better in this game :sly:.
Either way, R700 & M40 pwnz .50 cal. :p
 
Either way, R700 & M40 pwnz .50 cal. :p
That was the reason I never used it in CoD4 :D

If the m40 was back, my oh my, I would be reunited with my first child!
I do wish there were more bolt actions in MW2.
M40 back, m40, m40, m40, M40A3!!!!! You hear me IF, bring it back!
 
I have been studying my supernatural slump A6, I have found a huge factor in this slump, time of day I play! If I play during the day then I do well, today I went best at 28-2 and worst was something like 14-8. The only thing I can figure is during the day the kids are at school and I am playing with more people my age. The age has allot to do with gaming, younger people have allot faster response and better hand eye, its a proven fact. I remember when I was 18 or so I just destroyed at video games, now I am happy to be in the top 3. When I play at night when all the younger people are on I get it handed to me most of the time, and the younger players are also the ones that use the underhanded playing styles like tubes and danger close, camping excessively etc.
 
I tend to struggle with the Saturday night crew, more along the lines of 20-30 year old range. But yeah, I think the time you play can also contribute to your performance. With my slumps though, it was everything. Not just one, two, or three factor. Bunch of them, usually all at once, some in unbelievable fashion. :nervous:
That was the reason I never used it in CoD4 :D

If the m40 was back, my oh my, I would be reunited with my first child!

M40 back, m40, m40, m40, M40A3!!!!! You hear me IF, bring it back!
M40 was one smoooooth baby, that's for sure. R700 was my lady, but I'm not gonna lie, I did have a long affair with M40. :D
 
I do wish there were more bolt actions in MW2.

Me to, I don't see why we lost any guns from COD4 really, MP5 (don't get confused the MP5K isn't the MP5, the K is a much shorter variation on the MP5 with a higher rate of fire. Then we lost the beloved bolties, G36, M60 and probably a couple more.

The MP5 though has a brother in MW2, the UMP45 is practically the same with a U and a 4 in the name. It handles almost identically though perhaps even better then the old MP5 on COD4 as it can make more distance kills. The G36 is perhaps what the ACR now is also in terms of gameplay but I didn't use the G36 much, I prefered how it looked though in comparison.

M40 was one smoooooth baby, that's for sure. R700 was my lady, but I'm not gonna lie, I did have a long affair with M40. :D

The R700 was my sniper rifle of choice also, I prefer to look at it from the off, and then with Red Tiger camo on it as well <3. It could also live without stopping power which the M40 struggled with, essentially the R700 is now the Intervention, capable of one shots without SP in the chest.
 
A lot of good guns from COD4 were left out. The AKS-74u for example.

The K in MP5K stands for Kurz, the German word for short. Interesting fact, IRL the MP5K cannot accept a silencer as the barrel ends at the base of the foresight.
 
You guys may see me even less now, I got into the StarCraft II Beta :sly:

The MP5 in MW2 is better at close range than the UMP because it basically does the same damage with a higher rate of fire. But it is woeful at any actual distance.
 
oh noes, you're going to stop playing MW2... You've only got like what, a month of total play time? lol.
 
oh noes, you're going to stop playing MW2... You've only got like what, a month of total play time? lol.

I know. I am sitting at 7th prestige, debating if I want to jump to 8th. I also picked up mastery on the RPD, so I'll have to find another LMG to work with following this. Or I could go for AK mastery but I figure I'll just do that at 9th Prestige since I'll never go to tenth (that gold Coin thing looks like ass) anyhow.
 
Wow, 8th prestige? I just got my first prestige just yesterday :lol: It's kinda fun to start over, but I miss all my weapons before, Like the SCAR-H, the .44 magnum, which I was trying to unlock the Tactical knife for, and all the rest.
 
Tac knife for the Magnum is a piece of cake. Use First Recon and piss people off by running around knifing.
 
I'll be hitting my second prestige soon. Level 66 right now. I figure I'll do it at least three times and then decide if I want to go for the fifth. Its mostly about the extra class slots at that point for me. I don't think I'll care to go any further than that though.

I know. I am sitting at 7th prestige, debating if I want to jump to 8th. I also picked up mastery on the RPD, so I'll have to find another LMG to work with following this. Or I could go for AK mastery but I figure I'll just do that at 9th Prestige since I'll never go to tenth (that gold Coin thing looks like ass) anyhow.

If you did go for tenth you'd be the first legit 10th prestige I've seen. I see lots of 10th icons but the players are never any good so of course you know they've hacked it.
 
Isn't LP2k on your friends list, he 10th prestiged over a month ago the proper way.
 
GTP lp2k. Guess he doesn't post much on this thread. Ime sure others have played with him.
 
How do you report them without adding them to the friends list? I was going to report Moglet's buddies as well, but I didn't know how once I got on the menu.
That's a fair point... not too sure.

Azuremen
You guys may see me even less now, I got into the StarCraft II Beta
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa...?

Please tell me how. :D

Edit: Ah, I opted-in. Found a old Diablo II key I had. :D
 
Last edited:
GTP lp2k. Guess he doesn't post much on this thread. Ime sure others have played with him.

ah yeah the only GTPers on my friends list are the ones that post a lot.

Are you guys playing any other games online these days? I'm bored of all my other PS3 games so all I ever play is MW2 these days. I'd kinda like to get something to take a break with in between games. I wasn't that impressed with BC2 when I played the demo. It was ok but not as fun as the older BF games IMO. Has anyone played operation flashpoint? It looks kinda interesting but the multiplayer sounds like it must be lacking with only 8 players.
 
have not touched flaspoint since mw2 came out.
 
There is just nothing out there for the PS3 right now...
 
I got GOw 3 and finished that in 2 days. Still have uncharted 2 and not even out of it's wrapper. Games are too short nowadays.
 
There for sure needs to be more nintendo hard games to come out, most games now are too easy and just get finished in a few days and never played again.
 
have not touched flaspoint since mw2 came out.

It's good for some co-op action if you take your shooting seriously, but once You've finished it you won't particularly want to go back and multiplayer was very very meh. It was a pretty easy platinum I found, though most people I knew couldn't do hardcore at all and got stuck by about mission 2-3 of about 12 :lol: That is, without me co-oping with them :sly:. I traded it in, it's really nothing special.

As for LP2K, unfortunately my only real memory is a bad one as he brought a friend into the party who was playing music and such down the mic which was incredibly irritating, I ended up muting them after they completely blanked me asking them to turn it down, I doubt they even heard me over it :lol:. Though I've never had an issue with LP2K himself 👍.
 
Stimulus Pack hits PS3 May 4th in North America, May 5th everywhere else. Mark the date in your diaries lads :D http://twitter.com/fourzerotwo/status/11844185362

But for some reason PC gets it worldwide May 4... why the different dates for PS3? :confused:
Beaten me again. So much for '30' days exclusive, seriously, if they dont like the PS3 side of the game, DONT DEVELOP FOR IT! But being the losers they are, their just in it for the money. At least we have a date. If I get the map pack I might prestige to prestige 5 but last night I hit level 70 on 4th prestige and I have so many guns and things I want to keep.

I have gotten 3/4 the way to sit rep pro, I have cold blood pro, ninja pro, bling pro, M4 with all attachments and Red Tiger, Barret with red tiger and all attatchments, the list goes on. I just dont think I can give it all up unless I am going to play more than I do when the maps come out.
 
I really like the new maps. I hated Chinatown, Broadcast, maybe even Creek. So glad they've done a better job(IMO) this time around. 👍
The R700 was my sniper rifle of choice also, I prefer to look at it from the off, and then with Red Tiger camo on it as well <3. It could also live without stopping power which the M40 struggled with, essentially the R700 is now the Intervention, capable of one shots without SP in the chest.
I couldn't use any sniper rifles without stopping power. Then again, I had the worst aiming ability in CoD4 for fact. :lol:
You guys may see me even less now, I got into the StarCraft II Beta :sly:
Damn. I was hoping to hook back up with you once the map pack was released on PSN. Your group with Eric, Josh, sometimes T.A. when he felt like it, Icarus, Giancarlo, etc., you guys were the best players I've ever played with. Not skill wise or anything, but I think we just had good chemistry as team. Well, maybe we'll all be back in once the map pack's out. :)

Isn't LP2k on your friends list, he 10th prestiged over a month ago the proper way.
Never have played with him either. Must be pretty awesome player though. :scared:
 
that was weird. i had to redownload the map pack ... but, on the plus side i got two harriers with one stinger today 👍 :D
 
Damn. I was hoping to hook back up with you once the map pack was released on PSN. Your group with Eric, Josh, sometimes T.A. when he felt like it, Icarus, Giancarlo, etc., you guys were the best players I've ever played with. Not skill wise or anything, but I think we just had good chemistry as team. Well, maybe we'll all be back in once the map pack's out. :)

You'll still see me on, just not nearly as much as I have been. Hit me up with a PM on the board over AIM or something and I'll hop on... just not so much playing by myself now...
 
Back