Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,305 views
Stimulus Pack hits PS3 May 4th in North America, May 5th everywhere else. Mark the date in your diaries lads :D http://twitter.com/fourzerotwo/status/11844185362

But for some reason PC gets it worldwide May 4... why the different dates for PS3? :confused:

PC is universal, PS3 has separate regions, they have to name the maps in many languages for the EU/Asia regions, aswell as other localization deals and more rating systems to pass it through.

From,
Chris.
 
I have never experienced such temptation in my life, the prestige button is RIGHT there, right there dammit and I dont know whether to hit it or not. I lose all my pros, all my red tigers, all my other awesome stuff. I will chat to a mate who is thinking about not prestiging as well and see what we come up with.
 
but think of all the xp you'll be wasting ...
 
I have never experienced such temptation in my life, the prestige button is RIGHT there, right there dammit and I dont know whether to hit it or not. I lose all my pros, all my red tigers, all my other awesome stuff. I will chat to a mate who is thinking about not prestiging as well and see what we come up with.


If your not going to play it everyday or at least a few times a week then don't hit that button mate!
 
If your not going to play it everyday or at least a few times a week then don't hit that button mate!
I will and my clan mates pressured me to press it so here I am, on wasteland S and D with level 1. Btw, its my clan, owned by me and a friend.
 
Yep :D, not really but I am doing well in S and D with my clan mates. I am level 6 at the moment.
 
If you did go for tenth you'd be the first legit 10th prestige I've seen. I see lots of 10th icons but the players are never any good so of course you know they've hacked it.

I know plenty garbage players that are 9th and 10th legit prestige. Prestige =/= skill. Prestige = time.
 
There for sure needs to be more nintendo hard games to come out, most games now are too easy and just get finished in a few days and never played again.
Tatsunako vs Capcom!
 
I know a couple of legits, some are great and some are not.
 
Yep :D, not really but I am doing well in S and D with my clan mates. I am level 6 at the moment.

with the default grenader class, i was level 5 or 6 after 2-3 matches :D
 
sometimes T.A. when he felt like it

I don't always feel like playing with you guys because you're all either on the west coast or in england. Its always lag city.
 
Have a good birthday A6. We actually share the same birthday. If I have a cake I'll save some for ya. :p
 
G.T
There isn't many PC players here but I'm hoping someone might know what the hell is causing this issue:

http://www.modernwarfare2forum.com/...ues/4892-could-not-load-localization-txt.html
I'm downloading it for Steam's Free Weekend too.

It seems this problem you had is caused because the Steam version of MW2 is divided in two clients; multi player (4GB) and single player (11GB I think) and during the pre-load it only downloaded the multi player client, since it's a multi player-only free weekend. But the game won't work if you don't download the single player client too. So that's another 10GB download for two days of fun. I left my computer at home downloading it but if I get home and it isn't done I'll delete it.
 
Oh my god, FatAss sighting in the MW2 thread! Long time no see, brother! :lol:
You'll still see me on, just not nearly as much as I have been. Hit me up with a PM on the board over AIM or something and I'll hop on... just not so much playing by myself now...
Oh, you'll be back when the awesome map packs become available. :sly: :D
Have a good birthday A6. We actually share the same birthday. If I have a cake I'll save some for ya. :p
Awesome. 👍 Now I know one more person, other than Jenna Jameson who share same birthday as me!
 
I'm downloading it for Steam's Free Weekend too.

It seems this problem you had is caused because the Steam version of MW2 is divided in two clients; multi player (4GB) and single player (11GB I think) and during the pre-load it only downloaded the multi player client, since it's a multi player-only free weekend. But the game won't work if you don't download the single player client too. So that's another 10GB download for two days of fun. I left my computer at home downloading it but if I get home and it isn't done I'll delete it.
Maybe, but it doesn't make sense why they would release a MP version when it doesn't work? And you can't download the singleplayer one without buying the full game?
 
Oh my god, FatAss sighting in the MW2 thread! Long time no see, brother! :lol:
:lol:👍

G.T
Maybe, but it doesn't make sense why they would release a MP version when it doesn't work? And you can't download the singleplayer one without buying the full game?
I'm not sure, I just saw people commenting this in another forum and it made some sense because I started downloading it last night and this morning when I looked it was just 24% downloaded. My internet sucks (1Mbit) but it wouldn't take so long to download 4GBs as it was at full speed, so I guessed it was downloading the whole thing. I'll be sure when I get home.

But check the steam forums to see if you find anything about it, you are not the only person having this problem.
 
Damn do I love FMJ on the Intervention, more awesomeness in a Scrapyard game just now with the GTP crew, managed another collateral (I'm getting these alot more then I ever did) and a nice wall bang which was part skill part luck. The skill part was I knew he was hiding in a corner of one of the planes by A, his dot gave that away, the luck part was my first shot through the wall also went through his head :lol:. I'll be joining up the European GTP crew again shortly 👍 just sorting some things.
 
Awesome. 👍 Now I know one more person, other than Jenna Jameson who share same birthday as me!

You know Jenna Jameson? Invite her over I'll be right there. Think maybe we could pull a tiger woods on her? lol :p
 
Last edited:
I know of one more person. I know "of". Sorry to get your hopes up. :lol:
 
haha its ok she was never one of my favorites anyway. Shes gotta be more than old enough to be my mother by now :crazy:
 
haha its ok she was never one of my favorites anyway. Shes gotta be more than old enough to be my mother by now :crazy:


Nothing wrong with age mate, the best I ever had was when I was 21 and the girl was 34, her daughter was just 2 years younger than me...lol. Experience plays a role in it, and she knew exactly what she wanted to do to it, and she did just that:tup: But then after that she stalked me when I started dating another girl, she would be sitting outside my work and stuff when I got off like I didn't see her at the end of the parking lot, and calling and hanging up etc. etc. F'n loon....but damn it was worth it.....:bowdown:
 
Hello sir, my name is pedo bear. Nice to meet you.

lol jk. I just looked it up. I didn't know she was just 36. I was assuming at least anoter 10 years for whatever reason.
 
Scary girlfriend stories. I feel like I'm in my 20's again. :lol: And Jenna's born in 1974, just like me. Although my April 9th was probably more like April 8th here, as it's a little ahead where I was born(Japan).

Sort of on-topic, right before I came down with food poisoning and started throwing up, I had my best game on "Storm". 35-3. Had many games with high k/d last night, my overall k/d was on the verge of turing 2.13, so I didn't want to quit playing. I did have to stop though soon after. :p

Speaking of k/d, I've told you guys about my hacking/modding coworker. He's been editing the stats now, too. Since I was at 2.11, he has changed his to 2.15, and my other coworker/friend's to 2.14. I'll pass them both, but they'll just edit it again, I'm sure. :crazy:
 
You will for sure pass both of them when they get banned :)
 
More good games with GTPers tonight, I'm really surprised how my sniping antics are going in a good way. I suspected distinct averageness but I've really been pulling out consistent games not just the odd good one with some good shots. Wasteland was my biggest shock, notoriously the beginning of my downfall in every session and I always get out-sniped with ease but tonight was the first time in a long time I've shined on Wasteland and certainly my first with a sniper rifle as I am still a sniper noob. Some tough competition as well 👍 hope to get back in, in around an hour or so.
 
Damn do I love FMJ on the Intervention, more awesomeness in a Scrapyard game just now with the GTP crew, managed another collateral (I'm getting these alot more then I ever did) and a nice wall bang which was part skill part luck. The skill part was I knew he was hiding in a corner of one of the planes by A, his dot gave that away, the luck part was my first shot through the wall also went through his head :lol:.

That scrapyard game was a joke. I had so many chest shots that didn't kill with my FMJ Intervention it was silly. Luckily I managed to pull back to a respectable score near the end after a beast quick scope run.
 
Here is an awesome video (slightly adult themes if you think of it in a different way);



It is an ad for TV but the version that shows on TV has apparently been edited.
 
Fantastic :lol:
What on earth was going on at Subbase by the way? I kept getting this black screen.
On the plus side in that match, when UK rejoined on the other team, I killed him about 4 times with the grenade launcher with 2 being direct impacts :D
 
Back